Kohler Distributing Company logo

Kohler Distributing Company Employee Reviews

Kohler Distributing Company insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Fast paced work environment

Fast paced work environment delivering beer. Exposure to all climates. A lot of bad places to deliver. Overall if you put your time in you will make money eventually but you will have to punish your body to do so.

Pros

Free health insurance

Dont waste your time

Management is horrible they don't care about the employees the helper works to hard to make minimum wage and the drivers make no money unless you kill your self

Pros

Free health benefits

Cons

Dont waste your time here

This company is simple the worst. Managers and supervisors are totally stupids. In winter time when its slow they will try to fire you for any reason. The wage is just ridiculous. The union is useless and the co workers are too selfish to each others👎👎👎

Pros

Cheap beer if you drink

Cons

Absolutely everything

Don’t work for the credit dept.

I was so excited when I first got hired to work in the credit department. The hours were 9-5 and benefits after 90 days. There are four people working in the credit department. They are all middle aged women who feed off of drama every day you come in. The manager loves it as well, I could actually tell that about her since the first day of work. The work itself is not challenging and I picked up very quickly. From a young lady’s stand point just be prepared for dealing with middle aged women and their drama. They are also so rude with the drivers and customers over the phone that I couldn’t believe what I was hearing sometimes. When one of the older ladies came back from COVID-19 time off, I was out the door. Other people in other departments were so nice and welcoming. Just be prepared for daily drama when working in the credit department as well as the manager creating it.

Benefits

Cons

They need a new credit manager

Good job

Really easy and fun place to work at. Most of the positions were self explanatory. It wasn’t hard to complete your job and complete your goals for the day.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

A typical day at work

Was getting in there and making sure everything was set up and ready to get the packages out to our customers on a very timely fashion. Its a great job most of the people i worked with became my friends. I couldn't ask for a better place to work at.

Good job

Have a good job but unfortunately had to move to Florida but the job is good delivering beer Had to pick beer in the warehouse at 6 o’clock in the morning me and my helper will pick beer I put them on pallets then shrink wrap it and put it on the truck and then go out for delivery

I like it

Just don't like that it's seasonal but it's a nice place overall the trainers are pretty good and they actually help you with anything you have a problem with hours are flexible and the wellness center is a big plus!

It's challenging but easy at the same time

All they expect you to do is work on schedule and keep up with goals they set which are reasonable. Ask all that you can and try EVERYTHING they have as a job and you'll be good to go.

seasonal

It was good place to work. Too bad it was seasonal, I would have liked to have stayed on as a full time employee. The working conditions were very good.

Jobs at Kohler Distributing Company

See more jobs

Poor but could of been worse.

Management doesn’t show that they care about seasonal employees and just expects you to quit or get discarded at the end of the season. Paid decent and the work was fine, only problem I had were the people. No one wanted to teach you anything and didn’t care to show you how to help change mistakes

Its okay

It's good because you get paid weekly so you never have to worry about being broke but it's just very unprofessional overall they don't know how to talk to people there and you might get paid they still owe me $120 for paying me 8.00 an hour

Pros

You will never be broke

Cons

Very very very unprofessional

Positive

Kohler is a very motivated and fast growing company. The work is endless but not in a negative way. As an employee, we constantly can rely on full weeks of work and plenty of overtime opportunities. The only negative is the amount of hours worked in a day/week is difficult to manage other responsibilities or a personal lifemyself. I am unable to speak on behalf of other employees.

Hard work highly stressful

Kohler was like a grandpa who teaches you about life only thing is you become one quick with long hours heavy work and on top of that as a driver you pick your own load and guess what? you get to unload everything too by hand and a hand Truck not only this is the hardest job I ever had but also the worse when it comes to management at first it’s all good because they need you to work ( it’s all roses),but as you start getting pay more they will find any excuse to get rid of you ASAP and the union doesn’t help at all they get their cut when they want someone out I’ve seen people good people get fired for stupid stuff and I’ve seen people get seriously hurt with kegs and countless accidents, workers comp is a joke light duty is another way out the door overall is the worst job I’ve had.

The work is alright

It's not more of whether the job is good or not, it's about what you do during the work hours. Yes, the job is physically exhausting and one must be prepared for that, however, depending on what type of worker you are, you may be on the clock for as much as 10-11 hours a day if not done efficiently. As for some of the staff there, a lot of them would love to receive overtime but sit around doing nothing after loads are done than to pick up some the extra work left out for the day.

Pros

stable pay

Cons

disrespectful employees, high risk of injury

Too much micromanaging

Kohler pays well but you only get about 25 to 27 hours per week. Upper management is a joke. It's a union job which has some pros and cons but they don't really do anything for the workers so it's a waste of $42 (dues) each month.

Pros

paid holidays

Cons

Everything else

Unsafe place to work

A danger place to work there are not safety rules , driver helpers walk in the warehouse with headphones and they also use the hand jacks as skateboards and all this in front of the managers .All this happens in the middle of continuos traffic of forklifts

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Poor managment, low salary, unsafe place to work

Peaceful & Very fast Paced business

I never had to do anything I didn’t want to do always show respect to recieve respect , Kohl’s is a warehouse with a bunch of People Opd and young getting checks weekly add up

Pros

Get to listen to music while you work

Cons

U have to do a certain amount of work for the day

Productive workplace

Kohler was a great place to work at i enjoyed meeting new people they were helpful the work was easy.. The team lead was awesome if a wanted to challenge yourself with different position in the cell area was allow.

Management Sucks

This Job Is Ran By Fools. Once You Are In One Position They Will Never Allow You To A Better Position.This Is The Definition Of A Dead End Job!After All The Management Is Fired This Would Be The Perfect Job

Pros

You Get To Explore Nj

Cons

you work in any weather

Sucks

No sence of direction nobody knows nothing in there worst job I ever had long hours not enough pay for the amount of work management needs to up front with your duties & work hours

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Salary short breaks long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Distributing Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Kohler Distributing Company