Koinonia Employee Reviews

Koinonia
Cook/Floating Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 15, 2017
Get breakfast started, set up everything that I need to get out, serve the kids when they get in for summer camp, clean up and get lunch together, go grocery shopping at times, unpack and put up the items, past out the afternoon snacks. During afterschool program I pass out the snacks, clean up the area, bus, rotate bus monitor, and help where I was needed in the classrooms to help the kids with their homework.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere, hours, pay, and co-workers
Cons
That i got layed off
good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 22, 2016
I really had no hard parts of learning the job. I really enjoyed helping individuals with development disabilities with daily routines.
Pros
enjoyable
A learning thing
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 24, 2015
Work with kids that has been hurt it was hard at first now it easy because I learn how be a better person. In work with kids that been hurt management is different from a job that have stand all day because you have to be one on one with child to get him/her to truth you more. My co-workers is my parents. The hardest part of the job is makinf sure the child need is met at all time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make sure that the chlid is happy and love.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Don't wast you time.
DSP (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn HtsMay 22, 2014
Koinonia was a wast of time for my career path. No support from supervisors or managers. I see why they are understaffed, the quality of supervisors are substandard. Individuals are aloud to steal your stuff, spit on you, hit or kick you and say anything too you, as long as the rules benefits Koinonia they will bend them. You are under paid and over worked. Their annual reviews are inconsistent as the supervisors, They will find every reason not to give you a deserving raise. This place has no foundation for growth. I truly feel the individuals are taken advantage of, they are placed in classroom setting like a learning institution and most can't recognize their own name, this is simply a day care for adults.
Pros
8 straight hours
team Work makes our dream work
DSP (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2014
Independent living and teaching is what we do for our clients that has been diagnosed with a disability. I assist with chores and household tasks. I teach how to properly brush dentures as well as assisting my team leader. i organize outings and the activity calendar. Koinonia is really big on team work so i try my best to lead by example.
Opportunity to give back by providing support for people with challenges.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 31, 2013
I am working third shift while I look for employment that will allow me to utilize my educational background and experience in recreation therapy. Organize groups and use my facilitation skills. Teach swimming and water exercise classes. Motivational speaker on Health & Wellnes and share my community gardening skills and interests.
Pros
I have time to pursue my interests.
Cons
The pay does not reflect my educational background or experiences.