KOLBE & KOLBE MILLWORK Employee Reviews

Alright place to work if close and want overtime
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 13, 2018
Not necessarily a bad place to work. If it was closer to home, or the overtime wasn't all the time, I probably would have stayed.

Upper management (anyone above your foreman) seems so disconnected from issues on the floor, such as understaffed departments.
Pros
Good pay, benifits
Cons
Far from home, (Far) Upper management is always breathing down your neck, constant mandatory overtime
Ok
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 4, 2018
Was ok but management does not handle sexual harassment etc issues well. They would rather sweep the issue under the rug then properly handle it. Will request you to move departments before actually handling the issue
Ok place to work
Glue Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 9, 2018
I worked here for almost 6 years. the last 2 to 3 years were on cut hours. I had to relocate back to MN. It was an ok place to work, co-workers were kind and easy to get a long with.
Pros
paid lunch, has catering brought in to buy
Cons
hours are so so, lack of communication for most part.
Good place to work for a short time
Building/Packaging (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 25, 2018
A lot of overtime, and a poorly run environment where you're more of a number and not a person to upper management. The benefits are subpar at best so like I said it would be a great short term option.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poorly Run Environment
Face paced
Glass setter and installation (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 15, 2018
Working on assembly line making doors and windows. Good benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, holiday pay, and 401 k plan. Variety of different areas and jobs to work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No job securtity
It was a job, not a career
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 18, 2018
It was a job not a career. Loved the people I worked with, but I always felt like my team lead had it out for me. She would always find one way or another to say I was doing something wrong.
Fun place to work
Sliding Patio (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 1, 2018
its a great place to work and has good benefits. the only cons are that the starting pay is too low and it seems advancement is based on your last name.
Pros
set hours and decent benefits
Cons
low pay
She is flexible and can do all areas of the proses.
Parts picker, and patio sill bilder (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 31, 2018
Learns all areas in the process of building patio doors. Also worked hard in the warehouse for more then 10 years and learned all the areas in the warehouse. She built garden windows for 2 years and did her best knowing her windows was going in someone's home. Pride and ownership are key elements of my work.
Pros
All the friends i made in 21 years of working there.
Cons
Lack of hours.
Great place to put your best forward in a team environment
Line Worker/Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 22, 2018
Job advancement was up to an individual's desire to learn, grow, teach, work beside and under both management and team members/coworkers. If you wanted a position, you worked with Everybody, including coworkers, supervisors, management, and office personal to get the best you wish to have and it was achievable.
Pros
Work environment was always advancing
Cons
Topped out pay scale may be higher but was suitable
Fast paced and forward thinking working environment.
Specialty Window Builder (Former Employee) –  Manawa, WIJanuary 14, 2018
Management is quite kind and understanding of any issues. The work, while redundant is quite easy and simple to get into a rhythm. Be sure to have proper equipment to avoid inhaling and shavings.
just like family
Carpenter/Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 9, 2018
really enjoyed working at Kolbe. Work was fast paced but the general atmosphere was very friendly and the employees were able to feel a part and enjoyed making a quality product.
Fun people to work with
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 7, 2017
Most of the other workers there are very friendly and enjoyable to work with. Most of the time you are working with other people to create a common product and complete a common goal.
Fast paced.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 1, 2017
Hiring training is great. But being actually trained on the machine you are required to learn should be done by someone who is full time and actually is knowledgeable.
Pros
free fitness center, discounts
Cons
low pay
Good management - they listen well and are excellent at accommodating employees' needs.
Production Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 5, 2017
Work environment on shop floor in summer is hot. Very friendly and helpful associates. Loud work environment. Family-oriented work culture. Long hours spent standing, walking and lifting.
Pros
Two lunch breaks, water coolers available on shop floor, break rooms available, flexible schedule for part-time associates, helpful management.
Cons
Hot and loud environment. Lots of time spent standing, walking and lifting moderately heavy to heavy loads.
Very Helpful
Technical CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 1, 2017
It started out as a seasonal summer job. After the summer it was brought to our attention that the job would continue if we liked. Management was very helpful with any questions we had.
Opportunity for Role Change
Sales and Production (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 10, 2017
Provided me several opportunities to work in multiple areas of the organization. I worked in the office and on the factory floor doing multiple jobs.
It was an okay place to work.
IT Support Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 30, 2017
Most of the guys were good to work with. There was lots of stress to do things faster. The hardest part of the job was to document everything completely over and over again. Help desk is often repeating the same thing and you had to write it up repeatedly.
Great work place friendly staff
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 16, 2017
I worked first shift which was from 6 am till 2. It was nice cuz I'd get home early to spend the rest of the time with my family. Always friendly staff to help if ur stuck on something.
Pros
Great benifits friendly inviroment
Cons
Sometimes too fast paced always in a rush
Production line hard work, normal shift hours
General line worker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 1, 2017
Started 1st shift, moved to 2nd because of school. They worked with me during school and accommodating with course scheduling. Learned some Lean manufacturing without knowing it when condensing production lines. Management saw that I knew what I was doing and gave me projects to work on when they needed something done.
Pros
Running a production line, learning different areas
Cons
n/a
builder
Builder/Installer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 15, 2016
build frames according to specified plans. Use a wide variety of tools. Quality must be one hundred percent. theres extruded aluminum frames and all wood. a lot of inovations and creative products.
Pros
good hours
Cons
everything else