Komatsu Employee Reviews

fun and laid back
Student Apprentice (Current Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2019
Komat'su is a vary good company to work at, be a part of everyone is very nice caring and laid back and very helpful with anything. The breaks are long enough.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
A lot of sitting down
I enjoyed working there alot of knowleged
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNFebruary 13, 2019
It was worth the time,you really learn a lot ffom the people there they trying to keep u force and give you a lot to pick up on they walk u through the work and try to give you the understanding of company.
Pros
Have a lot of get togother
Cons
Healthcare
Probably the most laid back factory job I’ve ever had
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, KYFebruary 8, 2019
I’ve been employed by joy mining/komatsu for 14 years. When I started, I was a mechanic, I was trained by other mechanics that had been there several month before me. Basically I’ve been there from the start of joy mining, lebanon. I was getting paid 12.00, give or take, in 2005. It’s now 2019 and I’ve completed an electrical apprenticeship. I’m now getting paid 22.95. Basically I’ve received .78 cents a year. Not bad, but not great if you include the ever increasing health insurance and cost of living. Compared to other factory’s in my area, electricians are making 30.00 plus dollars an hour. Overall, management doesn’t know what they are doing. Thus, falls upon peon employees to make up for their short comes. Meaning meaningless overtime for the employees.
Pros
Great characters to work with
Cons
Never ending overtime, up until market crashes and your laid offf
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNFebruary 5, 2019
Poor management no time off 6 12hr days per week supervisor was not in touch with welders policy’s are to stringent you are set up to fail really easy there management wouldn’t work with you very well if you’re late can you get written up three write ups you’re out the door poor management don’t care to give any time I’ll just work you to death.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No time off
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNFebruary 4, 2019
Quick-paced job environment. Friendly. Safe place to work. Hard work rewarded. Great benefits. Job allowed balance between work and family life. Managers fair to work for.
Don't work here

*Lunchroom very small
* Poor management
* Poor organization
* Very dirty & noisy
* Big safety issues, no training
Pros
Casual wear
Cons
Very very hot in summer, Very very dirty !!!
Good experience but limited.
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2019
Komatsu assigns you certain tasks that you will specialize in as you work there. There is little exposure to different areas of the company, which inhibits career advancement.
Youre married to your job.
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 16, 2019
Without the possibility of getting hired on. They play favorites. This place is full of work drama. They thrive on miserable people. They choose attendance over skill and knowledge. Also prefer people from certain geographical locations.
Pros
It pays the bills.
Cons
Your chance of getting hired on is very unlikely.
Okay place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Work is demanded be done despite capabilities
Work is very strenious on the joints and the pay only went up significantly after Samsung came to town
A place that only pays when competition comes to town is not somewhere you want to be
Work place
Vendor Warranty Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work, management assist with daily work schedules and to notch. Great benefits work schedule. Customer experience with employees.

Visits to customer mine sites, to notch and working with customers to work out warranty issues. And return follow visits. Visits to supplier of failed parts.
Pros
great work enviorment.
Cons
Transfer job without real facts .
Great Company from an IT perspective
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2019
Forward thinking IT leaders are ready to embrace new tech. Great flexible work schedules including casual dress, work from home, and many other benefits.
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 20, 2018
I’m just a temporary looking for a full time position to better myself for my self and family. I need a good job I can advance in and get raises to help provide for my family
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, TNDecember 10, 2018
The management at this organization was great. If we were short staffed for any reason, they didn't hesitate to lend a helping hand. That company really knew the definition of team work.
Pros
Team work
Cons
The food in the cafe could have been better
Great group of guys, just terrible management
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Duffield, VA 24244November 18, 2018
Komatsu Mining Corp. is a fairly good place to work. The management has the slightest clue of what they are doing, but, you couldn’t find a better group of guys to work with. The company is stuck with primitive equipment with a bland outlook to advance or innovate. If you try to suggest upgrades or better processes, they are swept under the rug and never heard or seen. Besides that, there is little to no recognition system to boost morale and make people want to do more and to take initiative to help the company.
Pros
Great coworkers and supervisors; decent pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible management and rewards system
Great place to Work
A "specialist" (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 15, 2018
Komatsu is a good company with great pay and good benefits. The only downside at the time I worked there was needing to deal with the American management as well as the Japanese management.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Language Barrier and uniforms
Work stability
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 8, 2018
Komatsu is a company where the employees have job stability. The benefits are very good and include dental and vision if the employee wants.
If you have a bachelor degree you have a chance to advance in your career.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
No cons
professionnelle
Technicien d'intervention (Former Employee) –  AlgerNovember 4, 2018
moi mon l avis j aime travailler dans une atelier de rénovation des boite de vitesse de Hydro pwer et des moteur achp et comen rall moi j aime une grand organisation dans mon pire mettre de travaille
et j aime met moteur qui il sont rue sable pour moi très en ponton pour mon moral

et merci ma salinisation plus destines
Good work place sometime, but just work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2018
Just another day at work for 8hrs, I have learned how to run a warehouse when my boss went out of town to another state to help close another warehouse. We only had one manager and he was a good guy hard worker and fair pretty much down to earth guy, the culture of the job was good we all gotten alone and work together as a team, there wasn't a hard part of that job, the most enjoyable part is to see everyone working together and helping each out making sure we where all on one accord by the end of the day and all shipments where out before we left.
Pros
Maybe sometime the boss order lunch
Cons
Na
Great work culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 15, 2018
A great deal of autonomy and self-directed work. No micromanaging, no significant office politics. Casual workplace culture, relaxed dress code, informal meetings unless customer or highest-level management present.
Pros
Relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Catered meals in cafeteria.
Cons
Mining industry has feast/famine cycle, just like oil & gas.
Good work and life balance. Trusting culture of teamwork. Low amount of poitics
Product Director (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 7, 2018
I came to Komatsu from a company that was extremely political with lots of talk, but little commitment to the customer. Komatsu is entirely the opposite. People trust each other and keep each other accountable. The focus is on driving successful outcomes and customer focus.
Pros
Good system tools, good supportive environment
Cons
heavy amounts of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Komatsu. Our community is ready to answer.