KONE

KONE insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Solid workplace, strong union shop. New management lacks experience.

New management has a learning curve. I was let go for something stupid. Other departments were run far better. Mfg engineering seems to be in flux until management figures itself out. Fair amount of eggshell stepping when appeasing the local union.

Pros

Bass pond at work

Cons

Not allowed to fish

Great hardworking people and culture

The warehouse and floor workers are great people with a large variety of culture and backgrounds. Upper management however, is mostly unavailable and not at all adept at dealing with normal day to day situations. The leads take the brunt of the work from a supervisory level and get the least respect from management.

Pros

Benefits, culture, hardworking people

Cons

Lack of involvement from management, closed door policy in most situations, Leads take the brunt of the workload and get the least respect.

Good company

Overall a good company to work with a great culture and benefits such as car, 401K, pension, etc. Corporate structure is relatively flat at the local level.

Fast paced, stressful, but a good company

Its a good company to work for ,good pay, benefits. Working the customer service lines ,can be one of the most stressful things you can do. You get training, but you're not really prepared for some of the customers and questions that will come your way. Its a constant day of talking to unhappy people .

Pros

good pay, benefits

Cons

call center is very stressful

Hard work

Hard work, long days, self management, hot in az. Office had problems but they took care of things when needed. Overall management is like any business, it's all about the numbers and keeping investors happy.

Pros

Self management

Cons

Long days

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Good employer as long as you don’t like to promote

KONE is a good company to work for. They offer good benefits, pension plan and a lot of PTO days. They allow you to put your family first and don’t ask questions when you ask for time off. The bad part is they DO NOT promote from within or train their employees. I worked there for 5 years and had 1 day training. The only way to promote is if you are buddies with a regional manager. The role you are hired for is where you will stay.

Pros

Work/life, pay

Cons

Absolutely no upward mobility

Good company, typical 3 years and out for service and repair sales people.

Unique in the elevator business, the smallest of the Big 4,some hold over culture from Montgomery. If you are in sales, you have one chance to make the numbers they set no matter what in the lines you are in. THe most difficult is service, repair. Very few if any sales people can remain in service and repair sales beyond 3 years. You are more likely to make it for a longer term in a new equipment sales role, maybe up to seven. Very few managers Branch, Regional are able to stay more that 3 years. They fire and constantly restaff the sales and management.

Pros

They used to provide training in Moline, ILfor 2 weeks or much longer if you came in through the college training program

Cons

unlikely to make it more that 2 or 3 years in sales, constant turnover

Fired all admin staff in a day and bring in temps. We had to sign to get a payout said we couldn't sue. No diversity in upper mgmt. I'll never go back

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at KONE is ok traditional 8 to 5 Monday through FridayPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at KONE are pay was low benefits okJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at KONE, I think none. There's no diversity in upper management above first tier local managers. They don't have room for advancement for women your admin and that's it. When we heard rumors weeks prior, the branch manager held a meeting stating there's nothing to worry about.Three weeks later thry fired admins all in the same day and brought in temps to save money. There's no job security here!ManagementIn general, managers at KONE my direct manager wasn't good. He eventually got fired.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at KONE is good. My fellow counterparts were great to work with.OverallMy experience working at KONE we were treated like a number. Everyone in management and above were out for themselves.

Fun at times

This job was very stressful and had no work life balance. The company had a they own you mentality that put you in a situation of working 7 days a week with no overtime if you are on staff. If you are in the right group you will go far.

Pros

Christmas Party, Client Lunches

Cons

Work Life Blance

RACIST. Overworked. Horrible Management

Run! They will work you until they legally can't anymore! 6 days a week, 3x a month. Money was great with the overtime but you're so tired after all the long hours to even enjoy it. If you're white, you can get away with anything, if you're black, you're fired or demoted on the spot, I didn't believe it until I witnessed it first-hand. This place needs to seriously be investigated by the labor board. Turn around rate is extremely high and the managers are the laziest one's around. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Pros

Clean Bathrooms & Co-workers

Cons

Everything & Management

Official response from KONE

October 13, 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experience at KONE. It is our intention to provide a safe, inclusive environment for all of our employees. If you would like to discuss your experience more, to help us learn and improve, please contact us via email to get the conversation started. Americas.Communication@kone.com. Thank you.

Good place to work but comes with excessive silos.

Work life balance is good with a large degree of freedom to pursue new approaches to problem solving. Can be frustrating at times with all of the silos built into place and disagreements between the various groups resulting in drawn out development process. Management turnover is excessive with 6 managers in 9 years.

Pros

Nice facility, Creative Freedom

Cons

Silos, Excessive processes, High Management turnover

good company to work with.

I worked for Kone for approx 4 years. found it to be challenging. meet a great deal of hard working good people. Most of the management was from Europe and did not find them to be very welcoming and micro managed the US facilities.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Upper management and micromanaged the organization.

Buena

Me evaluaron conocimiento escrito, verbal, físico y psicológico. Debe de no tener miedo a las alturas, ser capaz de resolver los temas técnicos que se le presenten al momento evaluando el riesgo y la durabilidad del trabajo eficiente.

Pros

Estabilidad

Cons

Cargas mucho y te dañas el cuerpo

Disappointed

Bad management Really disappointed cause I worked a lot and it was never took into consideration when I asked for a raise I was the main help for the managing Director and deal with HR, finance and purchasing department, I was always available 24/7

Leading example of company nepotism

Worked 3 years as a call center agent, was skipped over for promotion 3x due to the company's chromism and nepotism even with a BA degree plus. Never made more than $13/hr.

Pros

Free nasty pizza once a month.

Cons

If you kiss butt maybe you wont get fired.

Fun and learn new things

Management has been a little difficult because we continue to have new people in and out. That being said the overall company is very nice and helpful. You constantly learn new things when it comes to elevator trade work which is very interesting.

Unstable and felt like a target most of the time

I was qualified for a promotion, and my manager was personally blocking the process. They built a whole case against me to make sure that I would never get ahead, and instead had me layedoff where they would then hire more docile individuals to replace me.

I worked in the branch office and enjoyed the job I did. I had several people that would help when needed, explain certain aspects of the job, would offer me work to learn new things. It was a great job.

Fun workplace

Working at KONE has been a very good experience I have learned a lot of new skills and it has helped me use my Spanish more for helping customers who need a Spanish speaker.

Good Summer Internship

Everyone I worked with was very professional and kind. The management there provided the full time employees with lots of autonomy when completing tasks.

Very demanding

I have worked at a few call centers now, but never have I felt so expendable than I do here. You are constantly taking calls with little room for error. It is not worth being paid so little to be disrespected by customers and fellow employees so much.

Common questions about KONE

Answered by current and former employees at KONE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KONE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at KONE.
Powered byComparably

Compare KONE with

• KONE
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?