KONE Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Sr. Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2017
Management likes to mirco manage their employees. And they treat new employees as outsiders and as though they are Incompetent of doing their job. Always critizing everything you do.
Good opportunities in dynamic environment. Role would dictate factors of culture, hours etc.
Manager Regional Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 19, 2017
Good opportunities in dynamic environment with a large global organization. Role would dictate factors of culture, hours etc. along with location where you are working.
Think twice
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MISeptember 12, 2017
Over the past few years the management has changed and so did the culture. It is more cutthroat and management is very really difficult to work with.
Fast Paced
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Fast paced environment, long hours sitting and on the phone, great pay, advancement if you are willing to relocate, strict environment, not much fexibility
Top notch company that cares for it's employees.
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 28, 2017
The work day is very fast paced and constantly changing. Everyone works as a team to get the job done. The safety culture of the workforce continues to grow and needs guidance. The hardest part of the job is answering to all the different levels of management. The most enjoyable part is the teamwork and professional relationships that can be formed with a diverse work force.
Pros
Hard working employees and competitive
Cons
Management Hiearchy is kind of confusing.
Productive and satisfying trade
Elevator Construction Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 31, 2017
Loved the industry, learning the technical side to the trade, coworkers and my employer. Believed I had found my home and last career. It is, however, a physically demanding job. At 55 years of age I unfortunately injured my lower back helping to move a four story hydraulic elevator piston out of an elevator shaft. Nothing permanent thankfully. After physical rehab, both I and employer believed it was in my best interests to pursue a different career. Nothing but good things to say about my time at Kone.

Most enjoyable for me was learning the technical electronics aspects and troubleshooting components of the trade, working with my head as well as my hands and being able to see a job well completed with a happy client resulting.

If any young person wishes to learn a good paying with benefits trade they should consider applying an the Elevator Construction Union, offices based in Pasadena, Ca. when they are hiring.
Pros
Great starting pay and benefits
Cons
Very physically demanding at times, heavy objects and power tools.
Nice office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2017
Worked there for a short period of time, nice building, no micromanaging. Did not provide a proper training schedule or tools to learn the job or succeed,
Pros
Great pay, good enviornment to work in
Cons
All male coworkers, uncommunicated expectations
Great Company to work for
HR (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 24, 2017
Learning a lot at KONE - there are loads of courses you can do online. Done a couple of face to face training courses as well.

Management are good, most of the managers i get to talk to are pretty easy to get along with and do a good job.

Culture is quite good, quite laid back as long as you are on the ball.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, good people
Industry leader with exceptional people
Sales Executive - Existing Service Business (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 18, 2017
KONE can be a great place to work and establish a career. Your attitude will play a huge role in how you find success in an ever changing economy and ranging market conditions. Very much a work hard, play hard company with exceptional people with solid tenure and experience to help guide you through your career.
Pros
The people, work/life balance.
Cons
Resource management.
Good Company, Needs more women leaders
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 27, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Really enjoy the people with whom I work. However, the career advancement opportunities for women stop at grade 3. 95% male leadership at district level, only 1 woman senior leader on North American leadership team. Very difficult to advance in career after a senior manager position for women. Could use some diversity at the top. Too much of an echo chamber. Market driven salaries and compensation. Benefits comparable to other companies same size. Good people wearing blinders. Excellent company for women to sharpen their skills, but will have to move one once you reach a certain level if you wish to continue to advance.
Meh
New Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 14, 2017
KONE is a company that struggles to find itself. Many changes in leadership, regular reorganizations and realignments, internal and external upheaval. KONE has some innovative products but struggles to bring them to market here in the US. The Finnish leadership seems capable but can't seem to find the right combination to make it click here in the states.
Pros
Innovative products
Cons
Company upheaval the norm
Exceptional
Construction Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
I worked for the IUEC Kone was one of my employees with them I always updated inserts for my constructions manuals and locale support if I ran into a problem I hadn't seen before. Hats off to Kone.
Internship at a parts facility
Internship (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 13, 2017
I worked there as an internship for my dad. They needed someone to make 3D models of all the parts in the facility. Some of the parts had schematics, some did not. Even the one that did weren't consistent in using metric or customary, sometimes both on the same drawing. I was mostly left to my work after being shown around the facility.
Challenging
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 17, 2017
A very structured environment, do not have room for growth or advancement. Always room to learn, management is not consistent and frequently changing without notice. Hardest part of a job is to be a member of a team that is lacking the qualities of a team. I enjoy the job when I feel accomplishment.
review summary
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Rather upbeat and interesting place to gain skills and confidence within an elevator company. Management seemed to take a very close and serious hands on approach to working not only with the clients within new construction, but with the staff of new construction department as well. I believe this so because of their willingness to promote from within.
Pros
OJT was second to none
Cons
Upper mgt. was not always straightforward with techs
Not a successful assignment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 13, 2017
My method of working and their philosophy of how to approach and complete the assigned work was substantially incompatible. Working with manager was quite difficult. Relentless emphasis on quantity of work produced.
Pros
Physical work environment pleasant, training provided was very good
Cons
Culture left a lot to be desired
excellent coworkers
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJApril 27, 2017
loved working here. Exciting environment, very busy and challenging too. Learned a lot about elevator installations and services. Leaned a new system and also learned to dispatch and solve problems.
Pros
na
Fun workplace
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at KONE. It felt like being part of a family....but at the same time very professional. Customer service a high priority and integrity as well.
Employee investment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 28, 2017
NO training, no investment into employees. You are on your own to learn your job and succeed. Management treats employees as a replaceable entity, no one is valued at all.

Fellow coworkers were great.
Pros
Great coworkers ( not management)
Cons
treated as a number not as a human.
Global Elevator Service Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
Great Vertical Transportation Company that has the customer as its top priority. This company has great training and a great team atmosphere. KONE's reputation is what fosters its growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KONE. Our community is ready to answer.