Kongsberg Automotive Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
facility closed down
Mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCAugust 8, 2018
The Kongsberg facility in Easley, SC has closed it's doors and relocated to Mexico. Suggesting someone work there would be a useless gesture considering that it's simply not there anymore.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Worked to help company catch up production
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJuly 2, 2018
I worked on an assembly line mass-producing automotive parts. Kongsberg was a fast paced environment. I received parts on a conveyer belt from a line worker ahead of me, performed my portion of the job, then passed the materials down to the next line worker.
No comments
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAJune 22, 2018
Great place to work everyone got alone and helped each other to finish the task that had to be done the only bad thing is that the plant closed down if it hadn't been for that I would be still working there
Oven Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCMay 4, 2018
Good place and Great people along with the environment was wonderful I just wish this company didn't move to Mexico this was a great company the people in management made this company it was a great company for the time I was their
Challenging and dynamic work setting
Customer Release Analyst (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCFebruary 17, 2018
Challenging work setting, coordinating manufacturing orders for 30+ customers in 7 countries. Lots of planning, supplier management, operations planning, group effort, materials planning, to make sure orders are being assembled on time.
Pros
Take pride in finished product
Cons
Lots of work hours
Horrible place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 1, 2018
Unbelievable workload, no mention during the interview process of this, they just keep adding things after you are hired and expect you to keep quiet and do it regardless of whether you are even qualified to do it...for example they don't mention French is necessary and even expect you to use their internal systems in French even if you have never even studied it. Expectation is to work well into the night even on weekends. Poorly run and all they care about is monthly numbers and not whether things are being done efficiently. Upper mgmt in Europe not flexible or willing to make changes.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poorly run, rude management, workload sets you up to fail
Quick pace, many changes
Sr. Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 24, 2018
I would not be leaving this company if it were not closing and moving to Mexico. Kongsberg is an Automotive company that requires timely deliveries and quality product. Changes come often and the need for change needs to be quick. Typical day would include but not limited to chasing part deliveries, purchasing product by the supplier requirements (lead-time, standard/min buy qty).
I also make sure that production has what they need to produce the parts that are needed for shipment on the requested dates.
Pros
Great group of peers
Cons
N/a
Management doesn't know the processes, lot of political in fighting
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Management can't offer direction because they don't know their own product. They rely on long time employees (many of whom are leaving) to know from experience. Employees who do know anything likely won't share that knowledge as it's very much everyone for themselves. Internal documentation is a mess, so very hard to find useful data. Company has closed several plants, and is trying to stay afloat. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Culture of non-cooperation.
slow work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNDecember 20, 2017
the work is very fast paste and can be hard if you do not have the proper safety ppe and you have to pay close attention to when they show you how to do the job that you are doing
Pros
vacation
Productive place
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 14, 2017
It is a productive workplace but there is no place to climb professionally.

Lack of compensation towards employees.

Lack of management support to keep employees satisfied.

Very low salary increases.
Fast pace
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCNovember 7, 2017
Fast pace manufacturing operation with daily challenges. Good group of core coworkers that help get good product to the customer. Turnover in the plant has been an issue with the low unemployment in the area.
horrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAOctober 11, 2017
job is by far the worst job i have ever worked at,supervisor was mean and rude,but this is the south,so what do you expect,job moved across seas,was layed out without a warning
Very friendly people.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 5, 2017
The people here are very friendly. It's not very hard work just fast pace. It will keep you busy. Can always find some to help you out when you need it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
10 hours a day. Closing down in January
Nice workplace.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNSeptember 12, 2017
One of the best places I've ever worked at. My supervisor was very nice and help if we needed it. The people I worked around was amazing and made me happy to come to work. Margie Cantrell is and awesome supervisor!
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No Cons
Good Place to work
ENGINEERING SUPPORT/ QUALITY TECH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Kongsberg is a great place to work. My Role allows me some flexibility with my hours and overtime. Unfortunately they are relocating to Mexico in January 2018.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Friendly staff and had a flexible schedule, always busy and always something new and challenging to overcome. Everyone seems to work well together. Company is relocating.
It was an ok place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNSeptember 11, 2017
My time spent here was alright. The job was a bit fast paced but not too strenuous. Just simply listen to your bosses and do what youre told to do and you will succeed.
Pretty good
Test Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 3, 2017
It's a good place to work, the coworkers are friendly. Pay could be better, but benefits are pretty good. Management style and expectation of overtime hours depends on the department manager.
Good company, I wish my team the best
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at kongsberg. It was a good internship to have. The team and management were really friendly and made sure to help me out. I mostly had interesting projects to work on. The culture was great and really friendly. Expect ribbing if you are a U of M grad though.
Pros
Friendly management and culture
Cons
Pay wasn't the best
Solid Company
Warehouse/Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTJuly 21, 2017
They were a solid company to work for. They provided a safe work environment. The management was always encouraging to their employees. I would recommend them.