Koniag Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity and Culture
Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 18, 2018
My experience this past year has been great. Koniag has a number of companies under them and I work for PacArctic but the lines cross and blur between Koniag and its companies for a few reasons including the fact its a lot of good people just trying to get the job done and help eachother out. Now I know not every leader for the other companies are as great as mine but I know PacArctic and its leadership is a reflection of the true Koniag culture and mentality. From day one the company has empowered its people to not only to take on more and more responsibility but to better themselves through education and training. As a veteran and contractor for some time, I have been a part of companies who only care for you as long as you fill a seat on a contract and PacArctic/Koniag is NOT one of them. I hope those out there looking for a position give the company a try because it has been a blessing for me and I hope it can be for someone else.
Pros
Great leadership, great people, elite HR, top salary
Cons
Small size limits opportunities
Worst Company to work for Run by Bullies
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 30, 2018
Koniag is more like a bodyshop. Only care about numbers.. Treats employees as numbers.. 90% of employees doesn't even know where the headquarters is..This company is full of bullies and arrogant management. No Career advancement..Pays 40% less than market or competitors. No body here stays more than 4 months. Really Bad. Consider this company only if there are no other options.
Gateway to Federal employment
Call Intake Analyst (CIA) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2018
I do not have any comments. No comments to share. Reserve the right to reserve comments. Comments about Koniag are withheld. Koniag comments are not provided.
Flexible and knowledgeable leaders
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
day of work is normal
communication between leaders could be better
flexible with employee personal issues and tries to help out
pay is definitely low
Crooked
Seat warmer (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 5, 2018
These people are incompetent criminals and should be investigated. The management was unqualified and incompetent. Couldn't show up on time and always had an excuse. Stay away!!
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2017
Fantastic company, CEO, management! I enjoy going to work every day!

Learned a lot about management, real estate, interacting with different employees,Etc.
Working environment is productive
Project Analyst/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 20, 2017
Working for Koniag (KTS) has been a good working experience. Unfortunately there is no room to grow. As a contractor your position is not guaranteed. Once the contract has expired you are not sure if you have a job or not. My program manager for the company is a good person to work with. He is understanding and listens if you have issues. Supporting SSA as our customer is a joy but the job is no longer challenging. Once you have been working in a certain position over a long period of time, it become routine.
A typical day at work
Assistive Technology Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2017
On a typical day you have a very low call volume. When you do receive a call which could possibility last 20 to 30 minutes. You are met on the phone by some the best end users who enjoy laughing and should enjoy speaking and working with you.
Pros
great benefits fun work enviroment
Cons
work enviroment not to cleanly
XMCO is a bad place to work!
Former employee (Current Employee) –  XMCO INC. Warren, MiJuly 24, 2016
Stay a way from XMCO! Do your research! The rumors are true! Speak with former & current employees. You do not want to work here. Demotions and pay cuts are the norm here. Vice President has mood swings by the hour. Makes irrational decisions treats employees like garbage. You will always be an out sider in her eyes!
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
You will auquire no new skills, They black ball people or worse if you resign or are terminated, This company is career suicide, Mulitpule employees police escorted out, Management is goofy
Proactive
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 15, 2014
Great place to work. Management is great and co-workers. Work is challengin, but have a great network of help.
Pros
money, people
My daily routine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2014
I would go to work every day on time, and assist the call center in my IT Knowledge.

My co workers are probably my favorite part of the day, they're fun and we have lots of smiles.

Hardest part was during peak times would get overwhelming for everyone in the call center.

I learned many IT related things, including Servers, Windows, and working with computers in general.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
The pay
Full support of employees
Principal 508 Compliance Specialist, IRS (Former Employee) –  New Carrollton, MDJune 4, 2014
Overall good company.
The office location is not good, hard to get to, while you do not work there for most positions it is in a terrible traffic area in DC
Pros
Supply anything needed to assist with job
Cons
A slightly higher salary would be best
Very professional atmosphere with semi-private lunch/break areas.
Open Systems Storage Back-up/Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2012
Very relaxed and professional atmosphere to work. Reliable team players. Work load is not overwhelming. Technology is very updated and adequate training is available.
Just ok
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDSeptember 10, 2012
great place to waste 8 hours lol. good job if your trying to be hired as a fed
Pros
good enviorment great people
Cons
lots of down time