Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc.

Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not to he place for me
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 15, 2018
Very stressful place to work due to management by Directors and higher. I would never go back. Company is closing this location anyway. Will leave it at that.
If only they cared about the people who gave all.
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 17, 2018
I would have said that KMBS was a fair company to work for, but they have recently show that they care little for their employees, even ones who have spent many years helping to build the company.
It's all about the bottom line now, nothing else.
Growing company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 28, 2017
KMBS is a quality company in a very competitive industry. I've worked for competitors and this company has treated me with respect and dignity. I enjoy my job and the people I work with.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Health insurance costs
Great Experience, but Executive Management is lacking
Administrator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 25, 2017
Executive level management was changed and is trying to overhaul day-to-day business but doesn't seem to have an understanding of how their changes impact their employees.
Pros
great benefits, great mid-level management
Direct Sales Channel was high pressure, medium support. Support Departments were world class!
Regional CRM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJNovember 20, 2017
Direct Sales Channel was high ressure, medium support, while initiatives changed more often than the temperature.

Support Departments are world class!
Pros
Paid Holidays abundant, World Class Products
Fun place to work
Named Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2017
Can be quite competitive both within the office and outside against competitors. Have to be resilient and persistent in order to make a sale, but once customers are familiar with product, it can usually sell itself.
Pros
outside sales can provide flexible days
Cons
hard to advance career
Konica Minolta was well managed
Production Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCSeptember 1, 2017
Konica was well managed but the division I worked for produced photographic paper and therefore was in a dying industry and had to fold. The management team was excellent and they were fair in all of their work practices.
The worst place I've ever work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 4, 2017
I've been at KMBS for short period of time. This place has low moral. As soon as you meet a new employee they leave (about a year). No since of joy. No real celebrations. Everything is so routine. I never worked in an environment which everything is so strict and rigid. The pay is really low compared to other industries.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Work place culture is poor
Ambiente de trabajo con respeto y valorar al trabajador.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYJune 2, 2017
Soy una persona responsable, trabajador. Tengo respeto al ser humano. Soy puntual.
Great corporation, but Direct Administration management can be very inconsistent.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 6, 2017
Overall, I have always enjoyed my work at Konica Minolta. The general practices & responsibilities were usually more than satisfactory. The branch administration position has seen frequent changes over the years, but they usually resulted in improvements. The problem for me came with a corporate divisional overhaul which resulted in additional, excessive, management that was poorly trained, causing a high-stress & often hostile environment, constant criticism, and lack of respect. There is too much distance between upper admin management and branch admin personnel, without input from the other in-branch management who actually interact with & rely on administrators on a daily basis.
Pros
Great benefits. Respectable products.
Cons
Inconsistencies in management training & expectations.
Welcoming and enjoyable work environment
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJDecember 5, 2016
As an intern, I was welcomed by everyone in the office. My managers consistently offered their help and I always had someone I could go to for guidance. The people I worked with treated me with respect and I enjoyed coming in to work everyday.
Great entry sales job for most
Named Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
Sales is a tough business and most people don't make it but there is money to be made. Konica Minolta has tried very hard to keep themselves on the forefront of technology and keep up with the changing business atmosphere. The problem is, their number one sales item by far (copy machines) have become commoditized for most people which makes the sales process less about benefits and more about price. They want you to overcome this stereotype and while it is possible, it is very hard, and sales have become a battleground for low cost leaders, not Konica Minolta.
Pros
Great benefits and atmosphere
Cons
tough industry at the moment
Fast paced yet a fun environment.
Sales Manager/Commercial Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLNovember 8, 2016
Company has a good work structure and top notch culture. Filed support is excellent as well as administrators that care about getting your orders processed and delivered.
Pros
Flexible schedule for those who are self disciplined.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Administartive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJNovember 2, 2016
It is a good place to work and their is work life balance. Would love to have better year end raises and more opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Healthcare, Advancement
Going downhill fast
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 1, 2016
Nepotism at its best. Hiring freeze with many people leaving and not being replaced. Too much overtime required to get job done. Anyone over Manager Title is clueless about what we do on a daily basis and what it takes to keep good employees.
The compete against themselves too much.
Marketing/ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 31, 2016
They have too many Konica Minolta Copier dealers in the area. They compete so much against each other that they actually bid against each other until they actually lose money.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Too much competition.
Its a fun and good place to work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2016
Its a good place to work and its a place that you can retire from with good benefics.A typical work is delivering copiers to customers and driving ,the coworkers are good people to work with
Pros
Off on weekends and every holiday
Cons
Good benifics
credible company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYOctober 7, 2016
Great management and training. Also, you really could make a great living out of this job but it's a hustle. You have to know how to sell.
Food days
Regional Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 29, 2016
Start my day off reading emails and printing them off to place orders for the day. Keeping a daily track of what parts were being used so that I knew what needed to purchased. Transfer the parts from either the office or another technician. Track down back ordered parts from another part of the country. Inventory current parts. Take apart machines that needed stripped of current parts that could be re-used.
Pros
Working with others around the country
Cons
No breaks other than lunch
Great place to work for Independent people
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2016
Manage your own schedule day to day, meet new people and explore new places constantly.
Challenges you on technical equipment and provides something new almost everyday.
You can continue to move up at your desired pace and learn the newest products.
Great place to work.
Pros
Manage your own schedule