Konica Minolta Employee Reviews

Company culture changed over the years
bottom feeder (Current Employee) –  hereNovember 4, 2018
USED TO BE A VERY GOOD COMPANY.... I don't know what happened. Benefits became a marketing strategy to get you on board but does not abide by it. Some departments focus on improving their staff. Majority doesn't care.
Loved it here
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 1, 2018
I would stay forever if the company weren't moving. Typically come in, check for any work, and then complete what needs to be done. I learned A LOT about SAP.
Pros
Good pay. Good work culture.
Cons
They're leaving
new challenges every day
Customer Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoOctober 31, 2018
The company was put together well. The products were well
designed and customer friendly . setting the units up to meet
customer needs was an easy task , and rewarding. If there
were problems I correct the problems to meet customer needs.
Pros
benefits and working conditions
Cons
extreme travel
plant closed
Slitter Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCOctober 29, 2018
Plant closed very short time there friendly people cleanly environment not hard or stressful work company had activities yearly for there employees no issues
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Plant Closed
Great environment to work in
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 24, 2018
I liked it here. The people around me were great to work with. Management could sometimes be a bit overbearing and not resourceful enough to assist you in your job
Pros
Free Lunches on Special Occassions
Cons
Overbearing Manager
Productive, Collabrative, Hardworking fun environment
Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 17, 2018
Konica Minolta is a great place to work. Great earnings potential, Solutions based selling methodologies, and a proven time tested track record of success. A typical day at work is team meetings in the morning and sales the remaining part of the day. Cold Calling and selling new accounts. Researching information about prospective accounts to better understand there business. Great work culture but requires a hard work ethic.
Good cmpany to work for
Teksystems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 6, 2018
Mission driven to accomplish companies goals. The team there are very high spirited and has each others back. Management look out for the employees and keeps them abreast on all company internal news.
Terrible place to work
Administrative Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broadview Hts, OHOctober 6, 2018
Mandatory overtime, lackadaisical training based on erroneous and sometimes missing policies and procedures, a manager who publicly shames people for their mistakes in front of their co-workers and, on one occasion, made someone cry in a team meeting.
Needs a culture change
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2018
I believe the industry as a whole needs to change. KM has the ability to change due to its product mix, but as long as we focus on copiers that will never happen.
Pros
Flexability
Good Position
Workforce Management/Quality Coaching (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 2, 2018
Enjoy working in this position coaching, scheduling and observing.
Monitoring the call flow for phone advisors.
Scheduling training and directing pre-req programs.
Pros
Great group to work with
Cons
Company Moving
Upset customer/copier down all the time
Field Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 28, 2018
When a customer is angry let the customer vent after letting the customer vent, I apologize for the inconvenience of her copier not working .
I told the customer that I will go over copier and fix any problems she may have .By listening to the customer I had a pretty go idea what the problem was.Problem was fixed and customer thank me ,and purchase 3 more copiers.
Large corporate environments
Production Printing Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
Okay okay place to work depends on your management and your location. Please outline your roles and responsibilities before excepting your job. Some travel depends on this position
Average company with Gracie if you like large corporate environments this is a good company
Backstabers and liers
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 19, 2018
Do not care at all about their employees . People walk around on their cell phones all day..people that dont do any work are treated great the ones that work are just given more work.
Konica Minolta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 14, 2018
Back to the basics. Very rudimentary sales processes. Late to the game with many of their sales strategies. Trying to implement a cold calling strategy that the reps are not buying into. Sales at an all time low. Great sponsorships with al the local professional sports teams.
Pros
Amount of products and services to sell
Cons
Sales 101 going on at KM
good
Sales Administration/Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 10, 2018
nice place to work - was treated like family and shared stories.
The work was hard but it was worth doing and every was willing to help if you fell behind
Pros
people
Cons
fast training
Great people to work with, questionable management
SALES ADMIN CRC (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 9, 2018
More or less a basic data entry position. An overall satisfying experience that I honestly wish I could've turned into a career opportunity. Sadly, the company cut funding for temp-to-hires and the site closed shortly thereafter.
Driven to Succeed
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Each day was spent with clients on Inventory Management and Consulting on Market Trends. The company was driven to succeed and grow in the Printing industry.
Breaking down barriers
Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 5, 2018
With Konica Minolta, I took over a territory that was ranked #36 out of 39 territories. Through working my contacts and customers that I have been selling to for years, I was able to exceed quota within 7 months and finished the past 2 years in the top 7 territories. The culture here allows us to be forward, independent thinkers. We have the ability to develop strategies and implement programs that help our customers buy our products.

I like cutting into new, underdeveloped territories and making them successful. The work is typically harder up front, but gaining market share and having big wins is a strong motivator.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 24, 2018
Its nice to work here but they are relocating or I would have stayed. Because of relocation I had to find a different job. I miss the people at KMBS INC.
A former good company
Spare Parts Planner (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 17, 2018
Konica Minolta US has a reputation for being a good company, where people stay for decades, and are happy. While compensation may have been low, they supposedly made up for it with culture and benefits. That is not the case anymore, so they will not pay competitively, and the benefits will be mediocre at best. Furthermore, the company is horribly siloed, with departments generally keeping to their own functional areas with little to no interaction. The lack of coordination between departments, at all levels, makes itself readily apparent by how little people know about operations outside their own functional area. Training in the ERP system (Konica uses SAP) is also bare-bones, with the effect that people don't have the information to do anything other than their job function. Innovation really is not valued by Konica, and the company relies heavily on tribal knowledge, and people who have been doing their job for decades. The effect of the mass lay-offs of the Windsor campus remain to be seen, but the loss of, literally, thousands of years of combined knowledge will make itself felt in the future. Last, the company, and its parent company, seem to have a very poor grasp of operations management (production planning, inventory management, logistics, etc), with the predictable effects on being able to service the end-using customer. The long and the short is that I would turn away any Konica salesperson who tried to sell me machines, as I do not have confidence in their ability to support any machines they would sell me.
Pros
They pay on time?
Cons
Stagnant culture, inefficient processes, lack of drive for improvement, lack of cross-functional communication and planning, upper management hopelessly detached from operations, no strategic planning, no communication of vision to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konica Minolta. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about