Konica Minolta Employee Reviews

Large corporate environments
Production Printing Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
Okay okay place to work depends on your management and your location. Please outline your roles and responsibilities before excepting your job. Some travel depends on this position
Average company with Gracie if you like large corporate environments this is a good company
Backstabers and liers
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 19, 2018
Do not care at all about their employees . People walk around on their cell phones all day..people that dont do any work are treated great the ones that work are just given more work.
Konica Minolta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 14, 2018
Back to the basics. Very rudimentary sales processes. Late to the game with many of their sales strategies. Trying to implement a cold calling strategy that the reps are not buying into. Sales at an all time low. Great sponsorships with al the local professional sports teams.
Pros
Amount of products and services to sell
Cons
Sales 101 going on at KM
good
Sales Administration/Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 10, 2018
nice place to work - was treated like family and shared stories.
The work was hard but it was worth doing and every was willing to help if you fell behind
Pros
people
Cons
fast training
Great people to work with, questionable management
SALES ADMIN CRC (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 9, 2018
More or less a basic data entry position. An overall satisfying experience that I honestly wish I could've turned into a career opportunity. Sadly, the company cut funding for temp-to-hires and the site closed shortly thereafter.
Driven to Succeed
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Each day was spent with clients on Inventory Management and Consulting on Market Trends. The company was driven to succeed and grow in the Printing industry.
Breaking down barriers
Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 5, 2018
With Konica Minolta, I took over a territory that was ranked #36 out of 39 territories. Through working my contacts and customers that I have been selling to for years, I was able to exceed quota within 7 months and finished the past 2 years in the top 7 territories. The culture here allows us to be forward, independent thinkers. We have the ability to develop strategies and implement programs that help our customers buy our products.

I like cutting into new, underdeveloped territories and making them successful. The work is typically harder up front, but gaining market share and having big wins is a strong motivator.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 24, 2018
Its nice to work here but they are relocating or I would have stayed. Because of relocation I had to find a different job. I miss the people at KMBS INC.
A former good company
Spare Parts Planner (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 17, 2018
Konica Minolta US has a reputation for being a good company, where people stay for decades, and are happy. While compensation may have been low, they supposedly made up for it with culture and benefits. That is not the case anymore, so they will not pay competitively, and the benefits will be mediocre at best. Furthermore, the company is horribly siloed, with departments generally keeping to their own functional areas with little to no interaction. The lack of coordination between departments, at all levels, makes itself readily apparent by how little people know about operations outside their own functional area. Training in the ERP system (Konica uses SAP) is also bare-bones, with the effect that people don't have the information to do anything other than their job function. Innovation really is not valued by Konica, and the company relies heavily on tribal knowledge, and people who have been doing their job for decades. The effect of the mass lay-offs of the Windsor campus remain to be seen, but the loss of, literally, thousands of years of combined knowledge will make itself felt in the future. Last, the company, and its parent company, seem to have a very poor grasp of operations management (production planning, inventory management, logistics, etc), with the predictable effects on being able to service the end-using customer. The long and the short is that I would turn away any Konica salesperson who tried to sell me machines, as I do not have confidence in their ability to support any machines they would sell me.
Pros
They pay on time?
Cons
Stagnant culture, inefficient processes, lack of drive for improvement, lack of cross-functional communication and planning, upper management hopelessly detached from operations, no strategic planning, no communication of vision to employees.
at first it was good...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 17, 2018
but then things changed. territories changed, leads given to other reps, active accounts closed by other reps, no leadership past the branch, inconsistent reporting(changed weekly)
Pros
its a company
Cons
upper management
Great work place
Learner Technician (Former Employee) –  Graff-ReinetAugust 14, 2018
Overall, my time at Konica Minolta was great, albeit the pressure was hard at times, the teamwork and work environment was enjoyable. I would gladly work at this company at any point in the future.
Pros
Benefits like medical aid
Cons
Long hours potentially
2.5 Stars
Copier Technician (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VT 05403August 12, 2018
Nice people generally, but not a great place to work. The pay increases are annual and mostly symbolic, as they will rarely give more than a 2.5% raise, with the maximum being 5%.
Pros
Not too hard to do, nice people
Cons
mandatory hour long lunch break, low pay, low raises
Fun and energetic place to work...
Named Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 12, 2018
Plenty of potential to make a lot of money here. Friendly staff and coworkers through out office. Every day brought something new with clients as you got to speak and prospect someone new everyday.
Professional
Camera Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJuly 11, 2018
No sense reviewing it since it is closed but I will say that the 20 years I was there was nice. Relaxed pace of repairing the cameras. Good friendships.
Developing customer relationships
Named account executive (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 15, 2018
Making calls to clients and prospective clients. Servicing clients needs. Explain how we can make your workflow better. Suggesting what equipment or professional services will best fit the clients needs.
Soul Sucking Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 14, 2018
This company pays very well for non sales positions. That alone does not compensate for how terribly they treat their employees. The favoritism and nepotism is rampant. The lack of general business knowledge among the management teams is appalling. The managers lie about telling you to do certain things that you're not supposed to do, they make up policies on the fly, there is no mentoring and no career path. They discuss confidential information about other employees with their direct reports and bad mouth employees behind their back. This was truly a toxic environment to be in everyday. Thankfully I walked away with my sanity.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of overtime, good benefits
Cons
Toxic work environment
Producutive busy
Under-Writer (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RI 02889June 13, 2018
I liked what i did there as a underwriter very busy and fast paced which i liked and worked well as a team. Very fortunate to learn what i did there and had a full time job also.
Pros
Free lunches, own desk
Cons
Short breaks
Clean Environment and Respect for all
Admin Operations Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Konica Minolta, the people were very supported and friendly. I never once felt or was treated as a temporary employee. I was treated with respect and included in all of the company’s events.
Pros
Respect for everyone
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work at.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 8, 2018
Konica at Windsor though quick paced has a very nice and friendly work culture. Would not have left this company if they were not relocating to New Jersey
Good starter job
Outside Sales / Major Accounts Manager B2B (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 30, 2018
Good training but low pay. This is a job that will put your knowledge above the rest and position your future with a different company that needs a more knowledgable sales team.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konica Minolta. Our community is ready to answer.