Kool Smiles Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun work place
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2018
Current worker at KoolSmiles we have a great staff and manager,we work as a team and deliver the best dental care for our patients. Ensuring a positive experience for kids we provide a happy environment with a playground,games and inviting patients to dress up on our Disney character days. Treating patients with compassion and following up on completing dental care for bright healthy smiles our patients are satisfied and when leaving parents often thank us for our work and dedication.
Pros
401k, health benefits, pto, family oriented
Cons
Noise level sometimes high
Cool
Head Orthodontic Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoyed kool smiled would've stayed but my family was relocating and the office on kansas city want open near me to relocate. Overall my team was awesome.
Pros
Team
Cons
Area
Average
Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 10, 2018
Average work place environment. Needs more organization skills and better management. Too much work for one person. The schedules were always messed up. We never had enough people working and always left work very late.
production production production
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 7, 2018
production production production seemed to me to be the hot topic at kool smiles even if that meant working through your lunch break on multiple occasions. The first 2 years i worked there we had a great team that worked amazing together that shortly changed after new management.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
not enough time given to properly clean childs teeth and get xrays
Review
Lead Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 29, 2018
With the unrealistic metrics work was often dreaded, The team I was part of at the time, is what made it all worth it in the end. pay was ok but unless you are a doctor or dental hygienist there is really nothing to work up towards pay for DA's and Front desk are ok for college kids with roommates but that's about it
Fast-paced, Fun
Ortho Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 17, 2018
It's a very fast-paced company and fun. There are opportunities for growth and development. The most enjoyable part is the relationship you develop w/ your patients.
Horrible work enviroment
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2018
Could not take time off when my Mother passed away. Office manager wanted advanced notice, no compassion for employees. Constantly at risk of being sent home if not enough patients on schedule.for the day.
My work exprence with Kool Smiles
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 13, 2018
Typical day starting at 7:30 am making sure the office is equipped with all materials to preform the job duties, all employees are accountable for different duties.
crossed trained
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 9, 2018
I was able to assist a variety of doctors,. I was also crossed trained and to work from desk and hygiene. I worked for endo doctors and other chairside procedures such as restorations nusmiles. and mouth appliances
Nice office
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 6, 2018
Learned to do x-rays and assist using boomerang, unfortunately wasn't able to learn hands on with doctor on operations ranging from extractions to composite filling.
Pros
Nice work area
Cons
Lack of hours for part timers
Patient Care Coordinator/ Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 30, 2018
Kool Smiles is a great company to work for. Hours are flexible. You meet many different adults and children. Fun part of the job is working with the children and showing them you care for them and there needs. Also letting them know that the dentist is not scary
Pros
401k is offered and health benefits
Cons
Pay in low
Great place to start as a dental assistant
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2018
management is horrible no days off, long days and pto can only be used during non school breaks!. no appreciation for assistants, Training facility for new grads!
Pros
meeting new drs every once and a while
Cons
low pay, over booked schedule
did not enjoy working here
PATIENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 22, 2018
I did not enjoy working here too many problems between co workers in itself I was a new person there and many things were going on in this site that should have been seen by a higher authority.
Pros
n/a
Cons
environment was no good
I loved my but not worth the strees
EDDA Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 17, 2018
Working at Kool Smiles was a stressful job. You almost never got s lunch or would leave on time. The office I worked at had no CTL, no office manager, the office had no organization. The manager we had to go through worked out of Louisville and could care less about the office I worked at. I don’t recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The company
Its a job
EXPANDED SERVICES DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 13, 2018
The hardest part is getting along with the office manager. Everything else is easy. Management is just like any other job. My most enjoyable part is when I see a patient and parent his leaving happy with the work with what we did that day.
Fulfilling job
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 7, 2018
I loved the children that came in and I loved the feeling I got from helping the kids. Especially the ones who were coming in for their first time. I learned a lot more general dentistry (i came from oral surgery) and what its like to work for a company.
Pros
the kids
Cons
everything else
Productve
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 29, 2018
Its was ok. I that communication is the key to it all. The hardest part of the job was the favoritism. The most enjoyable part was working with the kids.
Fast pace working environment
Orthodontist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 28, 2018
As an ortho assistant I complete adjustments up to 16 pts a day with a patient Orthodontist. Kool Smiles has a fast pace working environment which can be challenging at times but I enjoy being the one to help put a smile on the patient's face after treatment is completed.
Very political company!
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 27, 2018
Skills and contributions totally ignored -- only trait required is political prowess! Way to stay highly thought of is to keep on the good side of management by agreeing with everything that is proposed -- not a healthy place to work.
Pros
Cons
All politics!
Horrible place to work
Hygienist Assistant/Pedo Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  South West AtlantaApril 24, 2018
KOOL SMILE IS A COMPANY THAT OVER WORKS YOU AND UNDER PAID. Not all of the offices are like this just one in particular Office that in located in Southwest Atlanta. This office has poor management as well as the Doctor's doing the wrong treatment. I think Kool smiles has too many patients seen at once. The schedule was always over booked for the amount of chairs in hygiene bay as well as opt rooms. Opt room is were Treatment takes place i.e.. crowns, fillings. I would never work for kool smiles again as an Assistant.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no lunch breaks at times, long hours, over worked, poor tx on children