Kool Smiles Employee Reviews

Not worth working here if you want to keep sane
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Highland, INAugust 17, 2018
Management more concerned with numbers than patients or employees. If management likes you they will give you the hours if not they will take them away and it does not matter what experience or seniority you have.
benefits
Cons
work load is unrealistic
Medicaid assembly line
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2018
A medicaid assembly line. Overworked, overbooked, below standards, goal is not to provide healthy happy smiles. Goal is to pump out as many patients as they can to meet production numbers even if it means recommending treatment they don't need.
Good Work Enviormnet
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 4, 2018
Office manager has her favorites and neglects good, hard working employees who speak their mind when they feel there are issues that need to be addressed. Office manager works of favoritism. If you are not in her tight circle of employees she likes, then hours are cut to minimal amount while employees who are fairly new and have no experience are given those hours taken from you.
It was good at some point back in 2005
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAAugust 2, 2018
2013 Koolsmile at Lilburn,Ga office It had poor management and leadership in the office at work other office had good management and staff.Kool smile at Buford hwy, Ga back in 2005 in those days kool smile training me I’m thankful and will always be thankful for that and all the help from manager and team lead and staff give me they where the True.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks due to not scheduling right, poor management and leadership
Treated foster kids and Burmese children horribly
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2018
I felt I was the only one that cared about these patients as humans and not as numbers. Tying down children with their papoose board and yelling at them and treating them like rats was beyond what I could handle. 50% of the patients didn’t even know English. It was HORRIBLE. If you have a big heart like myself please look somewhere else
Pros
Dentistry experience
Fun work place
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2018
Current worker at KoolSmiles we have a great staff and manager,we work as a team and deliver the best dental care for our patients. Ensuring a positive experience for kids we provide a happy environment with a playground,games and inviting patients to dress up on our Disney character days. Treating patients with compassion and following up on completing dental care for bright healthy smiles our patients are satisfied and when leaving parents often thank us for our work and dedication.
Pros
401k, health benefits, pto, family oriented
Cons
Noise level sometimes high
Cool
Head Orthodontic Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoyed kool smiled would've stayed but my family was relocating and the office on kansas city want open near me to relocate. Overall my team was awesome.
Pros
Team
Cons
Area
Average
Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 10, 2018
Average work place environment. Needs more organization skills and better management. Too much work for one person. The schedules were always messed up. We never had enough people working and always left work very late.
production production production
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 7, 2018
production production production seemed to me to be the hot topic at kool smiles even if that meant working through your lunch break on multiple occasions. The first 2 years i worked there we had a great team that worked amazing together that shortly changed after new management.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
not enough time given to properly clean childs teeth and get xrays
Review
Lead Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 29, 2018
With the unrealistic metrics work was often dreaded, The team I was part of at the time, is what made it all worth it in the end. pay was ok but unless you are a doctor or dental hygienist there is really nothing to work up towards pay for DA's and Front desk are ok for college kids with roommates but that's about it
Fast-paced, Fun
Ortho Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 17, 2018
It's a very fast-paced company and fun. There are opportunities for growth and development. The most enjoyable part is the relationship you develop w/ your patients.
Horrible work enviroment
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2018
Could not take time off when my Mother passed away. Office manager wanted advanced notice, no compassion for employees. Constantly at risk of being sent home if not enough patients on schedule.for the day.
My work exprence with Kool Smiles
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 13, 2018
Typical day starting at 7:30 am making sure the office is equipped with all materials to preform the job duties, all employees are accountable for different duties.
crossed trained
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 9, 2018
I was able to assist a variety of doctors,. I was also crossed trained and to work from desk and hygiene. I worked for endo doctors and other chairside procedures such as restorations nusmiles. and mouth appliances
Nice office
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 6, 2018
Learned to do x-rays and assist using boomerang, unfortunately wasn't able to learn hands on with doctor on operations ranging from extractions to composite filling.
Pros
Nice work area
Cons
Lack of hours for part timers
Patient Care Coordinator/ Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 30, 2018
Kool Smiles is a great company to work for. Hours are flexible. You meet many different adults and children. Fun part of the job is working with the children and showing them you care for them and there needs. Also letting them know that the dentist is not scary
Pros
401k is offered and health benefits
Cons
Pay in low
Great place to start as a dental assistant
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2018
management is horrible no days off, long days and pto can only be used during non school breaks!. no appreciation for assistants, Training facility for new grads!
Pros
meeting new drs every once and a while
Cons
low pay, over booked schedule
did not enjoy working here
PATIENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 22, 2018
I did not enjoy working here too many problems between co workers in itself I was a new person there and many things were going on in this site that should have been seen by a higher authority.
Pros
n/a
Cons
environment was no good
I loved my but not worth the strees
EDDA Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 17, 2018
Working at Kool Smiles was a stressful job. You almost never got s lunch or would leave on time. The office I worked at had no CTL, no office manager, the office had no organization. The manager we had to go through worked out of Louisville and could care less about the office I worked at. I don’t recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The company
Its a job
EXPANDED SERVICES DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 13, 2018
The hardest part is getting along with the office manager. Everything else is easy. Management is just like any other job. My most enjoyable part is when I see a patient and parent his leaving happy with the work with what we did that day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kool Smiles. Our community is ready to answer.