Kool Smiles Employee Reviews

Work is easy
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Park, GADecember 1, 2018
The type of work that is done at Kool smiles is easy! The doctors are pretty relaxed and just want the staff to help them achieve their daily goals. Like any other office.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short breaks
Improvement in myself.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 28, 2018
I would have to say I have definitely improved on becoming a better dental assistant. There still are little improvements I could still make. I believe the more you work on the the things you slack on, then you will improve. I also believe in always giving 110% no matter what.
Benefits
Cons
They do not pay for hygienist school.
Kool smiles work day
REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 13, 2018
Kool smiles is a nice place to work. The doctors are amazing individuals, some of the employees are okay.
Kool smiles itself is always getting horrible reviews. Management only cares about money.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lacation room is where people eat lunch, so anyone can come in. Some assistants are horrible people.
All about seniority
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 11, 2018
I’ll never work for corporate or Medicaid because of this place. The amount of stress this job put on me. Lazy fat team leaders sitting on their phone all day but would get mad if you sat down for five mins. I now work at a private office for over year with a great dentist and staff. Keep job searching and avoid this place at all cost.
Beware
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg VANovember 2, 2018
I’ve worked with Kool Smiles for 4 years and was recently terminated. This job has no loyalty to it’s employees who are overworked & underpaid. Patients are overbooked daily and once they are seen they are rushed out of the office. They don’t care about customer satisfaction, all they care about is production $$$ I don’t recommend this job to anyone at all.
confusing
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2018
This job started off as a wonderful place to work. It was team work facilitated and everyone tried to get along to get the day over and done with. It then turned into an every man for themselves type of place. No one wanted to help the other, they sat back and watched you fall repeatedly without offering assistance. The people became mean bullies creating workplace drama. The manager rarely did his job and then when he would help out he act like he was unable to multi task.
Pros
Conveinent to travel to
Cons
you may not get a lunch break, may not get trained on office equipment, may not even get help with patients from management
Okay place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2018
Great place for getting training if you're fresh out of school. But definitely not somewhere you want to work long term. The schedule is ALWAYS overbooked and you're underpaid. The pay does not compensate for all the work you'll do.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Scheduling and Pay
great place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 17, 2018
Kool Smiles is a very fun atmosphere. Always doing some kind of employee incentive. Offers great working hours. The staff is always friendly and helpful to others.
Stressed and unappreciated
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAOctober 3, 2018
Besides the parents that comes in as rude as possible. The doctor is also as unprofessional. What really bothers me is PPC week which is probably half the year there’s no compassion as to when vacation is to be taken. Working in this compnany that always changes the rules and protocols is worse than walking on eggshells. I don’t recommend anyone to work here. Don’t say I never warned you.
No growth .
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company, and the children and their families became apart of my life. Management wasnt that bad , workplace environment well , i truly enjoyed the ladies, in this office they are very hardworking and welcoming.
Pros
teamwork, family environment.
Cons
management
Productive fun work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 30, 2018
It’s always a pleasure working with kids. I love helping them get their stress levels down while in a procedure and making them less nervous. Also the environment is goo to work in.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
productive and a famiy company
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 26, 2018
Working there feels more like a family than anything else. Great co-workers and manager. Great place to learn and grow as a professional. The hardest part if dealing with the rude patients but is all part of the job.
Kool Smiles is a really fun place to work at. You get to interract with different kids .
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 15, 2018
Everyday I went to work I had a wonderful day. Kool Smiles is one dentist office I know that makes the kids feel comfortable. I was a Patient Coordinator ,Checked patients in/out, Verified insurance, Collected payments and deductibles
Answered phones calls. Management is very good they teach you how to do everything the correct way. I never really had no hard part on my job.
Pros
break anytime you need one
not to much to say
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2018
good place to work, friendly environment, ok benefits.. flexible hours and decent pay..very kid oriented fun place for the kids, staff is considerate an friendly
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
quality of work sucks
Productive and fun work place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 7, 2018
Productive and fun work place, I enjoy working at kool smiles. a lot of opportunity to grow. great environment love working with the team and the patients.
fun and exciting working environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 4, 2018
Overall, Kool Smiles is an excellent company to work for. This company allows the opportunity for growth and travel. I would definitely recommend employment for this company to others
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
some days the work hours go beyond an 8 hour shift
Productive and fun work place
Head Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 28, 2018
Great fast pace work environment. Employee benefits. Paid time off. Sick days. Opportunity to advance in company. Very safe, courteous, efficient, and memorable place to work at.
Not great
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 25, 2018
office manager and lead dental assistant love to gossip together and pick favorites. Part time favorites will get 30ish hours a week and I saw someone who was part time and not a favorite get 8-12 a week. Schedule is not set and new schedule comes out less than a week in advance. Nobody who works there wants to be there. They all openly voice their disgust for the office.
Pros
Cons
Management, staff attitude, poor hours
Not worth working here if you want to keep sane
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Highland, INAugust 17, 2018
Management more concerned with numbers than patients or employees. If management likes you they will give you the hours if not they will take them away and it does not matter what experience or seniority you have.
benefits
Cons
work load is unrealistic
Medicaid assembly line
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2018
A medicaid assembly line. Overworked, overbooked, below standards, goal is not to provide healthy happy smiles. Goal is to pump out as many patients as they can to meet production numbers even if it means recommending treatment they don't need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kool Smiles. Our community is ready to answer.