Kool Smiles Employee Reviews

Improvement in myself.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 28, 2018
I would have to say I have definitely improved on becoming a better dental assistant. There still are little improvements I could still make. I believe the more you work on the the things you slack on, then you will improve. I also believe in always giving 110% no matter what.
Benefits
Cons
They do not pay for hygienist school.
Fun work place
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2018
Current worker at KoolSmiles we have a great staff and manager,we work as a team and deliver the best dental care for our patients. Ensuring a positive experience for kids we provide a happy environment with a playground,games and inviting patients to dress up on our Disney character days. Treating patients with compassion and following up on completing dental care for bright healthy smiles our patients are satisfied and when leaving parents often thank us for our work and dedication.
Pros
401k, health benefits, pto, family oriented
Cons
Noise level sometimes high
Horrible experience
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Very unorganized dental practice and no care for the patients at all just there to make money.

Short staffed and patients were not happy and the staff was not friendly.
Benefits
Not worth working here if you want to keep sane
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Highland, INAugust 17, 2018
Management more concerned with numbers than patients or employees. If management likes you they will give you the hours if not they will take them away and it does not matter what experience or seniority you have.
benefits
Cons
work load is unrealistic
Horrible place to work
Hygienist Assistant/Pedo Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  South West AtlantaApril 24, 2018
KOOL SMILE IS A COMPANY THAT OVER WORKS YOU AND UNDER PAID. Not all of the offices are like this just one in particular Office that in located in Southwest Atlanta. This office has poor management as well as the Doctor's doing the wrong treatment. I think Kool smiles has too many patients seen at once. The schedule was always over booked for the amount of chairs in hygiene bay as well as opt rooms. Opt room is were Treatment takes place i.e.. crowns, fillings. I would never work for kool smiles again as an Assistant.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no lunch breaks at times, long hours, over worked, poor tx on children
not to much to say
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2018
good place to work, friendly environment, ok benefits.. flexible hours and decent pay..very kid oriented fun place for the kids, staff is considerate an friendly
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
quality of work sucks
Awful Leadership
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 30, 2018
Leadership should be removed from their position as they create a very unprofessional and toxic work environment at this company. They have created a culture full of corruption and cover-ups. Fairness is non-existent, favoritism and nepotism reigns over everything else. Workload is insane for compensation each employee receives. Staff is terrified of leadership as they often show up acting like "FBI agents" needing to arrest employees. You will have an SOP even to use the restroom and will be written up for every move you make. You will be terminated if you speak out or try to do the right think. You will be threatened to not have any work hours if you refuse to pressure patients to schedule an appointment. Only work here if you are starving and have no other option.
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Head Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 28, 2018
Great fast pace work environment. Employee benefits. Paid time off. Sick days. Opportunity to advance in company. Very safe, courteous, efficient, and memorable place to work at.
Patient Care Coordinator/ Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 30, 2018
Kool Smiles is a great company to work for. Hours are flexible. You meet many different adults and children. Fun part of the job is working with the children and showing them you care for them and there needs. Also letting them know that the dentist is not scary
Pros
401k is offered and health benefits
Cons
Pay in low
confusing
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2018
This job started off as a wonderful place to work. It was team work facilitated and everyone tried to get along to get the day over and done with. It then turned into an every man for themselves type of place. No one wanted to help the other, they sat back and watched you fall repeatedly without offering assistance. The people became mean bullies creating workplace drama. The manager rarely did his job and then when he would help out he act like he was unable to multi task.
Pros
Conveinent to travel to
Cons
you may not get a lunch break, may not get trained on office equipment, may not even get help with patients from management
Typical work day at Kool Smiles
Dental assistant in fast paced work environment (Former Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 24, 2018
Helping the patients was one of the most rewarding things you could experience at a job. They were grateful and made the work days fun and exciting. The company was money driven and treated the patients as a number and not a person. All they saw was quantity. Quality was not on everyone's agenda when it came to patient care. The company was corrupt with work place affairs, racism, favoritism and embezzlement. If you were your own person and had an opinion you were wrong and they worked hard to get rid of you. Working with all women and the pettiness and attitudes was terrible.
Pros
helping others
Cons
worked like slaves with little compensation
busy practice but great people
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2018
Very busy practice with intense schedule. Managers are expected to be on call at all times in case there are changes to the patients schedule or the staff. Team work is strongly expected and it is implemented. Great people to work with. Quick making decisions, multitasking and communication skills can be easy learned working for the company.
Pros
great team work
Cons
low compensation
Kool Smiles is a really fun place to work at. You get to interract with different kids .
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 15, 2018
Everyday I went to work I had a wonderful day. Kool Smiles is one dentist office I know that makes the kids feel comfortable. I was a Patient Coordinator ,Checked patients in/out, Verified insurance, Collected payments and deductibles
Answered phones calls. Management is very good they teach you how to do everything the correct way. I never really had no hard part on my job.
Pros
break anytime you need one
A great place to work
Multi Dentist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2018
Kool Smiles is a supportive and team orientated place to work. Management is supportive and does everything they can to make your day a success. I enjoyed my patience.
Pros
CE hours are paid, Good benefits, company provides PTO and vacation
Cons
we do see a lot of patience.
Fast pace office
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 7, 2018
When I worked at Kool Smiles, they very new to the area. They had great trainers and the staff was friendly, but because of the new staff, it was at time very stressful to learn new computer programs and learn to work with the many doctors that came through the office. Overall, it was a great place to work. They offer great benefits and pay.
Kool smiles work day
REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 13, 2018
Kool smiles is a nice place to work. The doctors are amazing individuals, some of the employees are okay.
Kool smiles itself is always getting horrible reviews. Management only cares about money.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lacation room is where people eat lunch, so anyone can come in. Some assistants are horrible people.
Okay place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2018
Great place for getting training if you're fresh out of school. But definitely not somewhere you want to work long term. The schedule is ALWAYS overbooked and you're underpaid. The pay does not compensate for all the work you'll do.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Scheduling and Pay
Great work/life balance with great people to work with
Area Dental Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Loved working with Kool Smiles for more than 8 years. Great culture with great mentorship. Best place to join whether you are a new grad or an experienced dentist as long as you want to do what is right for patients. Fair compensation.
Not great
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 25, 2018
office manager and lead dental assistant love to gossip together and pick favorites. Part time favorites will get 30ish hours a week and I saw someone who was part time and not a favorite get 8-12 a week. Schedule is not set and new schedule comes out less than a week in advance. Nobody who works there wants to be there. They all openly voice their disgust for the office.
Pros
Cons
Management, staff attitude, poor hours
Stressed and unappreciated
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAOctober 3, 2018
Besides the parents that comes in as rude as possible. The doctor is also as unprofessional. What really bothers me is PPC week which is probably half the year there’s no compassion as to when vacation is to be taken. Working in this compnany that always changes the rules and protocols is worse than walking on eggshells. I don’t recommend anyone to work here. Don’t say I never warned you.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kool Smiles. Our community is ready to answer.