Kool Smiles Employee Reviews

Stressed and unappreciated
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAOctober 3, 2018
Besides the parents that comes in as rude as possible. The doctor is also as unprofessional. What really bothers me is PPC week which is probably half the year there’s no compassion as to when vacation is to be taken. Working in this compnany that always changes the rules and protocols is worse than walking on eggshells. I don’t recommend anyone to work here. Don’t say I never warned you.
No growth .
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company, and the children and their families became apart of my life. Management wasnt that bad , workplace environment well , i truly enjoyed the ladies, in this office they are very hardworking and welcoming.
Pros
teamwork, family environment.
Cons
management
Productive fun work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 30, 2018
It’s always a pleasure working with kids. I love helping them get their stress levels down while in a procedure and making them less nervous. Also the environment is goo to work in.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
productive and a famiy company
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 26, 2018
Working there feels more like a family than anything else. Great co-workers and manager. Great place to learn and grow as a professional. The hardest part if dealing with the rude patients but is all part of the job.
Kool Smiles is a really fun place to work at. You get to interract with different kids .
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 15, 2018
Everyday I went to work I had a wonderful day. Kool Smiles is one dentist office I know that makes the kids feel comfortable. I was a Patient Coordinator ,Checked patients in/out, Verified insurance, Collected payments and deductibles
Answered phones calls. Management is very good they teach you how to do everything the correct way. I never really had no hard part on my job.
Pros
break anytime you need one
not to much to say
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2018
good place to work, friendly environment, ok benefits.. flexible hours and decent pay..very kid oriented fun place for the kids, staff is considerate an friendly
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
quality of work sucks
Productive and fun work place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 7, 2018
Productive and fun work place, I enjoy working at kool smiles. a lot of opportunity to grow. great environment love working with the team and the patients.
fun and exciting working environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 4, 2018
Overall, Kool Smiles is an excellent company to work for. This company allows the opportunity for growth and travel. I would definitely recommend employment for this company to others
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
some days the work hours go beyond an 8 hour shift
Productive and fun work place
Head Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 28, 2018
Great fast pace work environment. Employee benefits. Paid time off. Sick days. Opportunity to advance in company. Very safe, courteous, efficient, and memorable place to work at.
Not great
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 25, 2018
office manager and lead dental assistant love to gossip together and pick favorites. Part time favorites will get 30ish hours a week and I saw someone who was part time and not a favorite get 8-12 a week. Schedule is not set and new schedule comes out less than a week in advance. Nobody who works there wants to be there. They all openly voice their disgust for the office.
Pros
Cons
Management, staff attitude, poor hours
Not worth working here if you want to keep sane
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Highland, INAugust 17, 2018
Management more concerned with numbers than patients or employees. If management likes you they will give you the hours if not they will take them away and it does not matter what experience or seniority you have.
benefits
Cons
work load is unrealistic
Medicaid assembly line
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2018
A medicaid assembly line. Overworked, overbooked, below standards, goal is not to provide healthy happy smiles. Goal is to pump out as many patients as they can to meet production numbers even if it means recommending treatment they don't need.
Good Work Enviormnet
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 4, 2018
Office manager has her favorites and neglects good, hard working employees who speak their mind when they feel there are issues that need to be addressed. Office manager works of favoritism. If you are not in her tight circle of employees she likes, then hours are cut to minimal amount while employees who are fairly new and have no experience are given those hours taken from you.
It was good at some point back in 2005
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAAugust 2, 2018
2013 Koolsmile at Lilburn,Ga office It had poor management and leadership in the office at work other office had good management and staff.Kool smile at Buford hwy, Ga back in 2005 in those days kool smile training me I’m thankful and will always be thankful for that and all the help from manager and team lead and staff give me they where the True.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks due to not scheduling right, poor management and leadership
Treated foster kids and Burmese children horribly
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2018
I felt I was the only one that cared about these patients as humans and not as numbers. Tying down children with their papoose board and yelling at them and treating them like rats was beyond what I could handle. 50% of the patients didn’t even know English. It was HORRIBLE. If you have a big heart like myself please look somewhere else
Pros
Dentistry experience
Fun work place
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2018
Current worker at KoolSmiles we have a great staff and manager,we work as a team and deliver the best dental care for our patients. Ensuring a positive experience for kids we provide a happy environment with a playground,games and inviting patients to dress up on our Disney character days. Treating patients with compassion and following up on completing dental care for bright healthy smiles our patients are satisfied and when leaving parents often thank us for our work and dedication.
Pros
401k, health benefits, pto, family oriented
Cons
Noise level sometimes high
Cool
Head Orthodontic Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoyed kool smiled would've stayed but my family was relocating and the office on kansas city want open near me to relocate. Overall my team was awesome.
Pros
Team
Cons
Area
Average
Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 10, 2018
Average work place environment. Needs more organization skills and better management. Too much work for one person. The schedules were always messed up. We never had enough people working and always left work very late.
production production production
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 7, 2018
production production production seemed to me to be the hot topic at kool smiles even if that meant working through your lunch break on multiple occasions. The first 2 years i worked there we had a great team that worked amazing together that shortly changed after new management.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
not enough time given to properly clean childs teeth and get xrays
Review
Lead Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 29, 2018
With the unrealistic metrics work was often dreaded, The team I was part of at the time, is what made it all worth it in the end. pay was ok but unless you are a doctor or dental hygienist there is really nothing to work up towards pay for DA's and Front desk are ok for college kids with roommates but that's about it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kool Smiles. Our community is ready to answer.