Korn Ferry International Employee Reviews

Horrible leadership team, decietful, narcassistic
Sr. Recruiting Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 13, 2018
Run for the hills!! They promise you teamwork, no time in seat for advancement, hard work will be rewarded. NONE of it is true. Leadership could not buy a clue!
Pros
Cons
Leadership needs to go back to basics, just ask what the turnover looks like, people are walking out in thier first week
This company is weird!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
The recruiter ask me for the best time to set a TEXT interview! I told her after 5:30pm, suddenly she change the interview hour3 times for the hour she wants without asking me!!!

Then we start the TEXT interview by Google HANGOUTS... Till the interview turns in to: Do you have a printer? Do you have fax? You have your computer??

YES I DO!

She makes me an offer and when I tell her that this is strange a offer of 11 weeks and then She will pass my resume to headquarters close to me to keep working!

no personal interview, no phone calls, no nothing!!!
Cons
Weird, Not Formal, Interview by text
False promises
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2018
They are notorious for making promises they cannot keep to get you onboard and continue to do that the tenure of your employment. Overall support is lacking from management, little professional growth and development for those that do not sit at a KF site. They do not appreciate their employees who work hard and do not do well with client relations. They are all about the money instead of service and honesty.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
poor management, leadership and employee engagement
N/a
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
Please make sure you are a part of a Cliché for advancement, otherwise you will not be promoted. Most of Leadership is remote and cannot give you an accurate review.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
You are only promoted based on who you know.
My recommendation
Sr Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
As with any employer, I recommend that someone does their homework well prior to considering employment. I recommend looking for a company that values their employees, and has integrity.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Integrity
Work culture
SCRUM MASTER BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Overall, none yet. The hardest part is trying to elevate our systems and standards to that which we elevate our clients to. Some expect that we would be best-in-class on all things Human Capital, but that is tough and something we are working on.
Excellent Organization
Director of Client Development NA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
KF Futurestep is an amazing organization from the top down with the best culture I have had the privilege to be a part of. Great people, great leadership, great resources are just the beginning.
Pros
Leadership, resources, reputation, deliverables, support, compensation, benefits
Cons
10% global reduction in force way too soon, laid off based solely upon tenure and not performance
Large and complex.
Leader, North America (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Although you will will find some really great people, the structure is really complex and competitive. Many agendas, few aligned down to daily activity.
Pros
Some really great people
Cons
Frequent direction changes
extremely good company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2018
all management and co-workers are extremely friendly, good benefits, nice environment, professional, good to their employees, company provide x-mas party and lunches
Pros
lunches, breakfasts
Cons
good health benefits
High growth environment with great advancement opportunities
Vice President/Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 22, 2018
Spent 9 years there promoted from Senior Associate to Principal and Partner. Great experience. Sound office and company leadership. Great colleagues and lasting friendships.
I was honored to have worked there for 18 years & the people/work culture is first-rate
Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2018
Korn Ferry International is the world's #1 executive research firm. Thought the compensation is not always ideal as it was dictated by the ebb and flow of the economy, A typical day at Korn Ferry is fast paced & my workload is usually heavy. But because I worked under a well-structured & protective management that allows me the freedom to finish at my own pace because they have complete trust that I can always deliver the results that I'm responsible for.
Pros
excellent people/work culture
Cons
Compensation/Advancement
Changing from traditional to technology
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
KF is going through a lot of transformation due to many acquisitions in last 5 years growing 2000 staff to 7000 staff. Very dynamic ever changing environment.
Multi-faceted organization in terms of both business initiatives and employee experience
Director, Talent Analytics Solutions (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 4, 2018
Korn Ferry is very much like the fable of the blind men and the elephant. Your experience depends very much on which part of the company you touch and when. For example, up until my very last day, Korn Ferry was without question the best job I've ever held, based on opportunities for advancing the company's goals, continual challenges to think on your feet, a collegial culture, work-life balance and professional development. On the other hand, there are times and places where it could be quite cut-throat. So it really depends. My departure from the company was bittersweet. Nevertheless, I am unhesitatingly grateful for the years of opportunities and support KF accorded me. And also the lifelong friendships I continue to enjoy with former colleagues.
Nice workplace
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 22, 2018
Nice workplace. Learned skills. More promotion and advancement is needed. Better client partnership. Good environment with good colleagues. Good engagement.
Great company to start your career
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
Good company, they don't seem to take into account your past experience or education when it comes to promotion. It is a good company to start out in. Promotions are based on who you know and not experience and education.
Pros
Great Benefits and work/life balance
Cons
layoff quite often and culture is somewhat of a college campus vs a corporate setting
Top notch organization
Director of Client Development, Industrial NA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2018
Although I lasted less than a year due to an unexpected 10% global RIF, the leadership and peers at Korn/Ferry were the best. They are the top rated retained firm for a many reasons, I just wish this was my final career stop. Excellent training, support, resources, leaders and programs to drive the organization to the next level.
Pros
People, compensation, leadership, work/life balance, culture
Cons
Not always included in decisions that impact you
It's a job
Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2018
I wasn't employed there long, but the HR and payroll is systematically manual. This made room for a lot of errors and no accountability. Over all it is a good company.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Accountability
Good vision, but a way to go to make the vision a reality
Client Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
The vision of bringing KF and Hay Group together to provide a broad talent consultancy is excellent. Still in process of implementing this vision, with some challenges along the way.
Pros
Mostly good and smart people
Cons
Fragmented between the various parts of the business
Great brand, poor culture
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2018
great brand, poor culture, poor pay, no advancement, just not a great place to work of advance your career. I would not recommend it for employees in the developmental phase.
Work hard, pay is good but forget about using vacation
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  VirtualApril 2, 2018
Work hard to please tough clients. Our PM was awful. Forget about using your time off. Constantly told"it's a critical time in the project". Horrible.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Terrible management. Stressful, didn't feel like anyone had our backs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Korn Ferry International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight