Korn Ferry International Employee Reviews

My recommendation
Sr Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
As with any employer, I recommend that someone does their homework well prior to considering employment. I recommend looking for a company that values their employees, and has integrity.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Integrity
Work culture
SCRUM MASTER BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Overall, none yet. The hardest part is trying to elevate our systems and standards to that which we elevate our clients to. Some expect that we would be best-in-class on all things Human Capital, but that is tough and something we are working on.
Excellent Organization
Director of Client Development NA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
KF Futurestep is an amazing organization from the top down with the best culture I have had the privilege to be a part of. Great people, great leadership, great resources are just the beginning.
Pros
Leadership, resources, reputation, deliverables, support, compensation, benefits
Cons
10% global reduction in force way too soon, laid off based solely upon tenure and not performance
Large and complex.
Leader, North America (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Although you will will find some really great people, the structure is really complex and competitive. Many agendas, few aligned down to daily activity.
Pros
Some really great people
Cons
Frequent direction changes
extremely good company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2018
all management and co-workers are extremely friendly, good benefits, nice environment, professional, good to their employees, company provide x-mas party and lunches
Pros
lunches, breakfasts
Cons
good health benefits
High growth environment with great advancement opportunities
Vice President/Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 22, 2018
Spent 9 years there promoted from Senior Associate to Principal and Partner. Great experience. Sound office and company leadership. Great colleagues and lasting friendships.
I was honored to have worked there for 18 years & the people/work culture is first-rate
Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2018
Korn Ferry International is the world's #1 executive research firm. Thought the compensation is not always ideal as it was dictated by the ebb and flow of the economy, A typical day at Korn Ferry is fast paced & my workload is usually heavy. But because I worked under a well-structured & protective management that allows me the freedom to finish at my own pace because they have complete trust that I can always deliver the results that I'm responsible for.
Pros
excellent people/work culture
Cons
Compensation/Advancement
Multi-faceted organization in terms of both business initiatives and employee experience
Director, Talent Analytics Solutions (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 4, 2018
Korn Ferry is very much like the fable of the blind men and the elephant. Your experience depends very much on which part of the company you touch and when. For example, up until my very last day, Korn Ferry was without question the best job I've ever held, based on opportunities for advancing the company's goals, continual challenges to think on your feet, a collegial culture, work-life balance and professional development. On the other hand, there are times and places where it could be quite cut-throat. So it really depends. My departure from the company was bittersweet. Nevertheless, I am unhesitatingly grateful for the years of opportunities and support KF accorded me. And also the lifelong friendships I continue to enjoy with former colleagues.
Nice workplace
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 22, 2018
Nice workplace. Learned skills. More promotion and advancement is needed. Better client partnership. Good environment with good colleagues. Good engagement.
Great company to start your career
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
Good company, they don't seem to take into account your past experience or education when it comes to promotion. It is a good company to start out in. Promotions are based on who you know and not experience and education.
Pros
Great Benefits and work/life balance
Cons
layoff quite often and culture is somewhat of a college campus vs a corporate setting
Top notch organization
Director of Client Development, Industrial NA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2018
Although I lasted less than a year due to an unexpected 10% global RIF, the leadership and peers at Korn/Ferry were the best. They are the top rated retained firm for a many reasons, I just wish this was my final career stop. Excellent training, support, resources, leaders and programs to drive the organization to the next level.
Pros
People, compensation, leadership, work/life balance, culture
Cons
Not always included in decisions that impact you
It's a job
Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2018
I wasn't employed there long, but the HR and payroll is systematically manual. This made room for a lot of errors and no accountability. Over all it is a good company.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Accountability
Good vision, but a way to go to make the vision a reality
Client Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
The vision of bringing KF and Hay Group together to provide a broad talent consultancy is excellent. Still in process of implementing this vision, with some challenges along the way.
Pros
Mostly good and smart people
Cons
Fragmented between the various parts of the business
Great brand, poor culture
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2018
great brand, poor culture, poor pay, no advancement, just not a great place to work of advance your career. I would not recommend it for employees in the developmental phase.
Work hard, pay is good but forget about using vacation
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  VirtualApril 2, 2018
Work hard to please tough clients. Our PM was awful. Forget about using your time off. Constantly told"it's a critical time in the project". Horrible.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Terrible management. Stressful, didn't feel like anyone had our backs.
Great culture
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2018
Excellent work life balance & paid time off. Management was exceptional & short commute.

The tech team worked as a unit. All of us complemented each other.
Pros
Cons
Lay off where too frequent.
Greeat Place To Work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2018
Provided a teaching environment. The Managing Directors made sure to provide an understanding of all aspects of the program that where unfamiliar to you.
Competitive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
Overall workplace very competitive. Management team not up to par with other teams I dealt with. Workloads at times could be overwhelming. The firm needed more administrative support.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lacked in administrative support
Director Client Solutions (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 7, 2018
Great products and services. Good people. Strong leadership. Stressful at times. Collaborative work environment in some markets and not so in others. Overall a good place to work.
Great for full-time employees. Do not work here if you will be a temp
Territory Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 20, 2018
Wasted a year of my life here because they "didn't have the budget" to bring me on full time.

My duties were basically rewriting old contracts to match the updated terms and duration.

The office culture was great but that didn't change the fact that most full-time people there wanted out.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays.
Cons
Constantly buying-out or merging with companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Korn Ferry International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight