Korn Ferry Employee Reviews

Good Benefits not great work life balance
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 20, 2019
Depending on what account you are on you could have great work life balance but if you are on a larger account you could be working from 6am until 9pm.

They offer promotions but will sometimes drag them out for a long time.

Depending on your position and account you can work from home at 2-3 days a week

Really great benefits and PTO

They will give you about five years of experience in one year which is really great and if you want a community they are big on having work place events and volunteering opportunities.
Korn Ferry is a great company to work for
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed my experience working with Korn Ferry. I gained a valuable QA foundation. I was the QA department and worked closely with the development team when implementing SAP
Na
Human Resources Project Manager/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 26, 2019
Great place to work, fun innovative staff that takes care of their people. Aligned to meet the needs of the community and ensures that strategic goals are met.
Don’t let them lure you with salaries
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2019
This is a sweatshop where you’re unappreciated and forced to work long long hours for the client. Management over promises, they don’t have really smart people running the company and overall it’s just a joke. Micromanaging, gossiping, lies, fake people, this place is pure garbage.
Pros
Salary is comparable but not worth it
Cons
Management, benefits, hours, expectations
Worst organization I have ever encountered.
Contract Senior Recruiter supporting Cummins (Former Employee) –  Columbus, IndianaJanuary 31, 2019
No communication. No Training. No support. I would not recommend Korn Ferry. They treat people with no regard or respect. They do not align folks with their expertise. I owner my own agency for 16 years small nothing to compare to Korn Ferry I treated people with respect. I was very surprised by the way the RPO was run.
Poor Management/Lack of career advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Expect yearly reorganization of departments, change in managers and high turnover of team members. Also, expect to not receive merit increases even if you are one of the top performers.
Pros
Paid time off from Christmas to New Years.
Cons
High healthcare package cost, poor management, lack of career development, high turnover
Horrible leadership team, decietful, narcassistic
Sr. Recruiting Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 13, 2018
Run for the hills!! They promise you teamwork, no time in seat for advancement, hard work will be rewarded. NONE of it is true. Leadership could not buy a clue!
Pros
Cons
Leadership needs to go back to basics, just ask what the turnover looks like, people are walking out in thier first week
This company is weird!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
The recruiter ask me for the best time to set a TEXT interview! I told her after 5:30pm, suddenly she change the interview hour3 times for the hour she wants without asking me!!!

Then we start the TEXT interview by Google HANGOUTS... Till the interview turns in to: Do you have a printer? Do you have fax? You have your computer??

YES I DO!

She makes me an offer and when I tell her that this is strange a offer of 11 weeks and then She will pass my resume to headquarters close to me to keep working!

no personal interview, no phone calls, no nothing!!!
Cons
Weird, Not Formal, Interview by text
False promises
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2018
They are notorious for making promises they cannot keep to get you onboard and continue to do that the tenure of your employment. Overall support is lacking from management, little professional growth and development for those that do not sit at a KF site. They do not appreciate their employees who work hard and do not do well with client relations. They are all about the money instead of service and honesty.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
poor management, leadership and employee engagement
N/a
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
Please make sure you are a part of a Cliché for advancement, otherwise you will not be promoted. Most of Leadership is remote and cannot give you an accurate review.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
You are only promoted based on who you know.

Want to know more about Korn Ferry?

Ask a question
Strict culture with a lot of opportunity to learn about the business world
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2018
Korn Ferry is a well respected executive search and talent management consultancy firm with a lot of valuable tradition and strong client base. The growth of the leadership, talent management, and compensation consulting sector of the business is a very interesting side of the business and business model. Executive search business segment is, top-to-bottom, a well respected section with a very professional culture.
Pros
Relate to coworkers
My recommendation
Sr Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
As with any employer, I recommend that someone does their homework well prior to considering employment. I recommend looking for a company that values their employees, and has integrity.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Integrity
Work culture
SCRUM MASTER BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Overall, none yet. The hardest part is trying to elevate our systems and standards to that which we elevate our clients to. Some expect that we would be best-in-class on all things Human Capital, but that is tough and something we are working on.
Excellent Organization
Director of Client Development NA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
KF Futurestep is an amazing organization from the top down with the best culture I have had the privilege to be a part of. Great people, great leadership, great resources are just the beginning.
Pros
Leadership, resources, reputation, deliverables, support, compensation, benefits
Cons
10% global reduction in force way too soon, laid off based solely upon tenure and not performance
Large and complex.
Leader, North America (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Although you will will find some really great people, the structure is really complex and competitive. Many agendas, few aligned down to daily activity.
Pros
Some really great people
Cons
Frequent direction changes
extremely good company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2018
all management and co-workers are extremely friendly, good benefits, nice environment, professional, good to their employees, company provide x-mas party and lunches
Pros
lunches, breakfasts
Cons
good health benefits
High growth environment with great advancement opportunities
Vice President/Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 22, 2018
Spent 9 years there promoted from Senior Associate to Principal and Partner. Great experience. Sound office and company leadership. Great colleagues and lasting friendships.
I was honored to have worked there for 18 years & the people/work culture is first-rate
Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2018
Korn Ferry International is the world's #1 executive research firm. Thought the compensation is not always ideal as it was dictated by the ebb and flow of the economy, A typical day at Korn Ferry is fast paced & my workload is usually heavy. But because I worked under a well-structured & protective management that allows me the freedom to finish at my own pace because they have complete trust that I can always deliver the results that I'm responsible for.
Pros
excellent people/work culture
Cons
Compensation/Advancement
Changing from traditional to technology
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
KF is going through a lot of transformation due to many acquisitions in last 5 years growing 2000 staff to 7000 staff. Very dynamic ever changing environment.
Multi-faceted organization in terms of both business initiatives and employee experience
Director, Talent Analytics Solutions (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 4, 2018
Korn Ferry is very much like the fable of the blind men and the elephant. Your experience depends very much on which part of the company you touch and when. For example, up until my very last day, Korn Ferry was without question the best job I've ever held, based on opportunities for advancing the company's goals, continual challenges to think on your feet, a collegial culture, work-life balance and professional development. On the other hand, there are times and places where it could be quite cut-throat. So it really depends. My departure from the company was bittersweet. Nevertheless, I am unhesitatingly grateful for the years of opportunities and support KF accorded me. And also the lifelong friendships I continue to enjoy with former colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Korn Ferry. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss