Korn Ferry Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work! - Philadelphia Office
Project and Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2019
I had an amazing experience at Korn Ferry and was very sad to leave. Don't hesitate to work there! The environment was very collaborative and fun. It was the best job I've had.
Professional, Productive, Collaborative, Supportive
Global Knowledge Manager, Energy Practice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2019
KF employees are highly focused and professional. Employees are treated really well and opportunities are available for those who are qualified and motivated enough to grab them. I wish I were still with them...
RECRUITING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2019
Great place to work. Compensation is good. Lots of work and high expectations but you are given the tools needed to get your job done in a complete and efficient manner.
A total dumpster fire in EMEA
RPO Services - EMEA Region (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 3, 2019
There are some really good people here, and they have managed to garner some impressive RPO Clients

But that gets lost in the nightmare that is working at KF, The managers here couldn't organize a Drink in a brewery. The EMEA HQ in London is a toxic environment where gossip and backstabbing are the favorite methods of management.

They obsess with what is needed to "Fit In" at Futurestep but with no clear definition of what that is. Lots of managers "working remotely" (Missing in action) Human Resources is a total catastrophe, To call the HR leadership incompetent is an insult to incompetence,

The amount of turnover is epic as anyone with half a brain either flees or is forced out because management feels threatened by competence Their much touted "Talent Academy" is a slow Bataan Death March of powerpoint slides that will have you considering fast food jobs as a more viable career choice.

The American ownership is determined to cookie cut all the regions into one image globally, which, given the abysmal level of talent they have managing things in Europe is probably a good idea.

If given the choice of working for KF Futurestep or spending a week walking barefoot on loose legos....

Go for the Legos. You'll be happier.
Pros
some good people, decent location
Cons
Everything else.. avoid this place like Ebola
ok opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2019
The main skills you pick up are basic administrative tasks. Located right off of Market Street, it is convenient enough to run errands for management.
HUGE disappointment
Analytics (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2019
Initially I was very excited to work for Korn Ferry. I love to work independently, with no micromanagement. And for several months it was exactly what I was promised, what the company promised.

Then things changed.

Its exhausting, draining, our team in at the mercy of the PDs and PMs. No matter how many hours you work, the amount of flexibility you give this company, the proof of your work, it doesn't matter. You are disposable and replaceable.

On top of slaving for the client you need to slave internally.
Pros
Nice looking office
Cons
Micromanaging
Lots of variety!
Recruiting Leader (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 25, 2019
Great organization! Once you get in and do a great job, they will keep you busy.

Ability to work remotely.

Learned a lot! Great infrastructure and training/onboarding are thorough.
Good Benefits not great work life balance
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 20, 2019
Depending on what account you are on you could have great work life balance but if you are on a larger account you could be working from 6am until 9pm.

They offer promotions but will sometimes drag them out for a long time.

Depending on your position and account you can work from home at 2-3 days a week

Really great benefits and PTO

They will give you about five years of experience in one year which is really great and if you want a community they are big on having work place events and volunteering opportunities.
Korn Ferry is a great company to work for
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed my experience working with Korn Ferry. I gained a valuable QA foundation. I was the QA department and worked closely with the development team when implementing SAP
Na
Human Resources Project Manager/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 26, 2019
Great place to work, fun innovative staff that takes care of their people. Aligned to meet the needs of the community and ensures that strategic goals are met.
Don’t let them lure you with salaries
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2019
This is a sweatshop where you’re unappreciated and forced to work long long hours for the client. Management over promises, they don’t have really smart people running the company and overall it’s just a joke. Micromanaging, gossiping, lies, fake people, this place is pure garbage.
Pros
Salary is comparable but not worth it
Cons
Management, benefits, hours, expectations
Worst organization I have ever encountered.
Contract Senior Recruiter supporting Cummins (Former Employee) –  Columbus, IndianaJanuary 31, 2019
No communication. No Training. No support. I would not recommend Korn Ferry. They treat people with no regard or respect. They do not align folks with their expertise. I owner my own agency for 16 years small nothing to compare to Korn Ferry I treated people with respect. I was very surprised by the way the RPO was run.
Poor Management/Lack of career advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Expect yearly reorganization of departments, change in managers and high turnover of team members. Also, expect to not receive merit increases even if you are one of the top performers.
Pros
Paid time off from Christmas to New Years.
Cons
High healthcare package cost, poor management, lack of career development, high turnover
Horrible leadership team, decietful, narcassistic
Sr. Recruiting Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 13, 2018
Run for the hills!! They promise you teamwork, no time in seat for advancement, hard work will be rewarded. NONE of it is true. Leadership could not buy a clue!
Pros
Cons
Leadership needs to go back to basics, just ask what the turnover looks like, people are walking out in thier first week
This company is weird!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
The recruiter ask me for the best time to set a TEXT interview! I told her after 5:30pm, suddenly she change the interview hour3 times for the hour she wants without asking me!!!

Then we start the TEXT interview by Google HANGOUTS... Till the interview turns in to: Do you have a printer? Do you have fax? You have your computer??

YES I DO!

She makes me an offer and when I tell her that this is strange a offer of 11 weeks and then She will pass my resume to headquarters close to me to keep working!

no personal interview, no phone calls, no nothing!!!
Cons
Weird, Not Formal, Interview by text
False promises
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2018
They are notorious for making promises they cannot keep to get you onboard and continue to do that the tenure of your employment. Overall support is lacking from management, little professional growth and development for those that do not sit at a KF site. They do not appreciate their employees who work hard and do not do well with client relations. They are all about the money instead of service and honesty.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
poor management, leadership and employee engagement
N/a
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
Please make sure you are a part of a Cliché for advancement, otherwise you will not be promoted. Most of Leadership is remote and cannot give you an accurate review.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
You are only promoted based on who you know.
Strict culture with a lot of opportunity to learn about the business world
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2018
Korn Ferry is a well respected executive search and talent management consultancy firm with a lot of valuable tradition and strong client base. The growth of the leadership, talent management, and compensation consulting sector of the business is a very interesting side of the business and business model. Executive search business segment is, top-to-bottom, a well respected section with a very professional culture.
Pros
Relate to coworkers
My recommendation
Sr Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
As with any employer, I recommend that someone does their homework well prior to considering employment. I recommend looking for a company that values their employees, and has integrity.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Integrity
Work culture
SCRUM MASTER BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Overall, none yet. The hardest part is trying to elevate our systems and standards to that which we elevate our clients to. Some expect that we would be best-in-class on all things Human Capital, but that is tough and something we are working on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Korn Ferry. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight