Kosciusko Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible training, Horrible management, zero camaraderie
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 23, 2018
Everyone in department does everything different and they all try to teach you their way. Then they send you to a training class for a week and they teach you a totally different way of doing things. When you try to do it that way everyone tells you not to do it that way.
When you try to go to the management about problems, they are basically ignored. Some employees are allowed to do things others are reprimanded for. Watched as new employees were shunned and treated as an outcast. Time management and efficiency in this dept is the worst. The jobs and ways of doing them are so inefficient that it wastes time and money. Making it difficult to do the job you are actually supposed to do, take care of the patient, is decreased immensely. The equipment and programs are outdated, and are continually going down. Started to hear through the hospital grapevine that the whole deal was all about the bottom dollar. And the employee turnover is over the top.
Working in the ER should be about taking care of the patient first. Not running errands for OB, or figuring out how to do something because no one there does it the same. And even if you ask, more then likely you won't get the help.
It is probably one of the worst jobs I've ever had, and I've cleaned horse stalls as a job. :-P
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Not worth the stress
Poor Nurse to Patient ratio
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 14, 2018
Nurse to patient ratio is way to high. Felt unsafe as a nurse working here. New employee training was quick and poor. Did not feel ready to take a full patient load after my short training. This was my first nursing job right out of school and it was a poor experience.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
High nurse to patient ratio.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 9, 2018
Very long hours and lack of training. Try to cram a lot of information into your brain on the first day and gives you too many patients to handle at once
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
long hours, lack of training
ok
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 15, 2018
Mostly a nice place to work. Depends on what department you work for and who the manager is. Hardest part of the job is working for a boss who thinks they are perfect and you never live up to their expectations especially when they think they trained you for everything and they never trained you at all. They let someone who wasn't even qualified to train you. Benefits were great. Unfortunately, reduced 40 hrs to 36.
Productive workplace
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 5, 2017
I worked in 2 departments and enjoyed both. In my final position, I enjoyed training the new employees and having my own area to work in. At times it was fast paced but that did not bother me.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyed working here
Project Manager/IT Department (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 29, 2017
I was able to learn a lot while working in the IT department at Kosciusko Community Hospital. I enjoyed the work environment and the people I worked with.
Enjoyed all of the many interactions that I had with the Hospital Staff.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 28, 2017
This was a great job, but pay was not very good. People that I worked with were great and I learned a lot. The biggest issue that I had was the low pay and the favortism shown by management to certain individuals.
night shift group is like family
Medical-Surgical Nurse Intern (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 29, 2017
enjoy my job, but would like to be able to expand my skills and have more responsibilities. i couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with, and we work well together.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Gerat place
Director of Imaging Services (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 9, 2017
great place work, wonderful people. great atmosphere and good working environment. Good team atmosphere and loyal employees. great leadership. if allowed to do what needs to be done.
relaxed but can be fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 28, 2017
very relaxed. welcoming, they train well. management is good could be better. there are favorites. overall the place is great. they take care of you.

Want to know more about Kosciusko Community Hospital?

Ask a question
Good Staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Operating RoomJune 26, 2017
For a small hospital it was a wonderful place to work. Everyone knew each other and were friends. Very professional staff at the time that worked there.
Great Teamwork
Registered Nurse, Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 9, 2017
KCH is a wonderful place to work! I love all of my co-workers! The culture of the Med/Surg floor is like a big family, everyone works together and it is great! The hardest part of the job is staffing of coarse. The most enjoyable part of the job is really the team you work with!
KCH is a great place to work. I have been very happy here.
Director Inpatient services (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 18, 2017
I have learned a lot at KCH. Because we are a small hospital we wear a lot of hats. The workplace culture is patient first. We all believe in patient and staff safety and security.
Pros
Great team atmosphere.
Cons
Small
Not a great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 9, 2017
Very understaffed and underpaid! Radiology department is poorly managed. Management is more worried about making themselves look good, than helping the needs of their staff. Very little communication from management, and unwillingness to listen to and address staff concerns. Constantly working through lunches and staying late due to lack of staff. Management unwilling to cross-train into different modalities. Lowest paid hospital in area.
Pros
Hard working techs
Cons
Short staffed/ underpaid/ poor management
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 1, 2017
I loved working at KCH as a CNA. It was challenging and new for me, but everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Love my manager and director!!
Love the people I work with
Diagnostic assistant II (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 1, 2016
Most of the time we are decently busy, I prefer it that way. Lately we have been rather slow to the point of laying people off and cutting hours. I enjoy what I do I love challenges, and I really enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
im not in one area
Cons
Getting hours cut.
energized workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 27, 2016
fast paced work environment, lack of breaks, co-workers are willing to help each other learn, good learning experience, must be flexible with scheduling
Great place to work with amazing coworkers
certified medical assistant (Current Employee) –  FloatJanuary 20, 2016
I absolutely love my job and the people I work with! KCH is a wonderful facility with plenty of room to grow. Excellent pay and great benefits. I found my career! Also when I continue my education they are willing to work with me!
Pros
Wonderdul Drs and coworkers
Patient care
Diagnostic Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 18, 2015
Big on patient care and customer service skills. Goal of each day to get the patient to forget about the worries of the day for the five minutes you spend with them.
Very rewarding job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 24, 2015
If you enjoy helping others than working for KCH is a perfect job. Helping people through some of the worst points in their lifes can be very rewarding not only to the patient and the family but also to yourself.