KPFF Consulting Engineers Employee Reviews

Avoid. Super stressful environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2018
Principals and Associates will treat you like garbage.
Ranks are filled with B players, thinking they are A players. Best engineers move on after just a couple of years. Expect high turnovers/layoffs the moment there is shortage of work. High working hours and Overtime pay is 1.0. Structures Principals are not good people. Civil and Surveys are now short of worthless, the moment key players left the company.
Pros
Free Coffee, City of Roseville
Cons
Work hours, Principals/Associates
KPFF is a great place to work.
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2018
A wonderful company. I worked on many large municipal projects, putting together engineering plan sets, writing specs and drainage reports, and working with other consultants and with government officials.
Productive and fun work place with activities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108July 19, 2018
Fun relaxed place to work
Friendly associated - enjoyed my time there.
Room for growth and a lot to learn.
Wouldn't mind working there again in the future.
Great company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Wish it was a full time position
Great Company
DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2018
Great company with supportive management. Highly client-centric work culture with flexible schedules and positive reinforcement for developing young engineers
Bad Managers
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2018
You will get burned out very quickly. They like to bring in fresh people from college and work them to death. This company has potential, but unfortunately it is managed poorly by associates/principals. Lots of people being fired/leaving for better jobs. Expect to do huge amounts of overtime at 1.0.
Pros
Location in Roseville
Cons
Principals, benefits are below average, and pay.
A very relaxed and supportive work space that allows employees to work efficiently and improve
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2017
As a high school student, I had very limited knowledge going into this internship. The employees at KPFF were very patient and willing to teach me about the industry and how to use necessary software/computer programs.
Cut throat environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 12, 2017
Very high turnover. Good engineers do not last long as they find better places to work for. Managers are incompetent or extremely rude. If you take too much time off from your PTO they will fire you or give you an ultimatum.
Pros
Low level co-workers
Cons
Trench work. Management only cares about money. They say company is doing great, yet there are pepole being fired. Extreme turnover
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2017
Pleasant and supportive management and staff. Ability to work independently and as a group. Allowed significant freedom to construct plans and develop workflow.
A great place to get started
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
KPFF is a fun and supportive environment to work early in your career. There are great people who are willing to teach and help you learn and develop your skills. This is not a place where you will be handed opportunities, you need to be willing to speak up for what you want. The culture is fun and easy going and some people make it really great. Like anywhere, there are people who put a damper on this culture.
Pros
Environment, Teaching, Some Great People
Cons
Compensation, Advancement, Benefits, Holding People Accountable
Productive, good working environment
CAD Designer/ Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2017
Great place to work, many opportunities to do what you want to do pertaining to your passions. Must be customer service oriented as it is geared to client deliverable.
Pros
Fun Culture
Cons
No Dental
Great Experience Overall
IT System Administrator Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2016
An excellent place to work. I worked there for 2 months as an IT Admin Intern and I can say enough nice things. Employees, managers, atmosphere. Everything was really top notch as it pertains to professionalism, friendliness, and accommodations. The building itself is beautiful and the recreational area outside is one-of-a-kind. Highly recommended.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Atmosphere, Even Better Management
Contract through temp agency
AUTOCAD/SOLIDWORKS DRAFTER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2016
I was contracted for one project. The drafting manager claimed I was "green", (I was). In the 6 months I worked for KPFF, I leaned Solid Works and Engineer drafting skills. When my project finished the drafting manager and senior engineer did their best to keep me employed. Unfortunately, KPFF was over staffed and had to let me go.

My position consisted of working direct with engineers, working on redlines, and contacting engineers or drafters in other offices to complete plans.
Pros
Excellent teamwork. Solid Works training.
Cons
Temporary Contract
Great place to be introduced to how an office works and different disciplines of engineering.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
I interned at KPFF Special Projects Division during the summer of 2015 and learned a great deal from the engineer I worked under. I attended meetings at the office and with clients abroad, learned about creating cost plans for the client based on their needs, and how an engineering firm's office works. Overall a very fun and good learning experience!
Pros
In the middle of Downtown Seattle
Typical engineering work environment.
DRAFTING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2015
Challenged myself with new technologies, to manage work time efficiency. Tested new products for viability in production work timelines and deadlines. Overall enjoyed the opportunity to work with the new technologies.
Great People, but Little Room for Opportunity
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2015
The people who work in the San Francisco office are great to get along with on projects and outside of work. There is enough diversity within the company to tackle any project that an engineer encounters. Principals encourage engineers to find their expertise with little practice advice or support to achieve career growth. High turnover rate for project engineers.
Pros
Free Monthly Lunch with Company Financials Update
Cons
Little support for Career Growth and Little Compensation for Work
A very professional engineering office.
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2015
A constant flow of highly visible projects that always kept the team working hard and striving to achieve success. A great experience!
Professional place to work
Special Inspector (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 25, 2015
This company respects you as a person and a professional. They encourage advancement and training and always attempt to keep you busy doing something.
Non-friendly- Stressful/ unhealthy environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CAJanuary 23, 2015
Poor and Insecure management- If you are a "YES" person this company will take benefit of you. Not a place for an engineer with experience. Management would not let you to grow in this field. lack of communication. This company is full of politics. There are people here that will throw you under the bus to save their own job.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
healthcare
Amazing introduction into Engineering Consulting
Structural Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2014
KPFF was a great company to introduce me to the field of Structural Engineering. I did a summer internship at KPFF’s Los Angeles office, where I learned how to put together a set of construction documents, how to turn the engineering design I learned in school into practice, and how to respond to the RFI’s and submittals as a designer. I couldn't have asked for more welcoming and well respected co-workers.
Excellent place to learn and advance quickly
project engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 24, 2014
Plenty of opportunity for growth with a management team who dedicates themselves to training and developing staff.
Pros
flexible with schedule and time off