KPH Healthcare Services

KPH Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

United States28 reviews
Nice benefits but bad environment
One thing stood out for me while working at this company and before I left was the benefits. They did have competitive benefits when compared to the industry and nice year end bonus. However, due to poor management at this location, I do not recommend it. I was a dedicated, competent and hard-working employee. That wasn't enough. While I was generally well liked by most of the people who worked there, another co-worker had a grudge against me and unfortunately they had the ears of the boss. They played politics while I was just interested in getting the work done and going home each day. Around me, I saw other people that were in similar situation too. Either you were in the right crowd and you could do no wrong or you were not. Pity those who were not. Furthermore, we were expected to work long hours and that negatively impacted your family life. Up to until I left, my days would be 10+ hours long. Sometimes I didn't go home until 11:30 p.m. or past midnight and that was when my shift started at 11 a.m.! My family was suffering, of course. Was it enough? Nope. Even when your shift had ended and you stayed a couple of hours to help, that wasn't enough unless you stayed until the daily work was done, even though you were not the closer! That was the kind of expectation you got. Unfair treatment of co-workers, office politics, favoritism etc. I could go on. I left on my own when another opportunity presented itself but the place had gone through massive turnover in technicians, management and pharmacists. I was not surprised. I would not mind coming back to - more...
Pros
year end bonus, benefits
Cons
toxic work culture
A good company that cant seem to get out of its own way.
A good company that cant seem to get out of its own way. They charged into PA with bags of money buying every LTC pharmacy in sight and then sent in their people, with all their policies and procedures blowing up the entire culture. A seasoned workforce that was already tired and stressed at the merger were left dealing with self centered, arrogant, ineffective, management. If the goal is to build a loyal, capable, dedicated team they are failing. Some of the most accomplished Pharmacists and Techs have fled for the doors leaving a staff that is desperate to do the same. I believe the people at the very top are good but that is it, the rest are unable to motivate a loyal team which is essential for the company as well as the customers. There is no future at this company as turnover will continue to be high. I would not recommend this company unless management changes or you need a paycheck in between jobs.
Horrible
Do yourself a favor and never work for this company. They are absolutely hands down the worst company I have Ever worked for in my life they don’t care one bit about their employees and they are extremely rude
This place is toxic-beware
This company does not like anyone that has a mind of their own or complains about any of the numerous issues that cause day to day problems.I spent months complaining about issues that were making my job difficult to do any nothing happened. They allow lazy employees to get away with murder while the good, hard working employees get get step on and screwed over. Management doesn’t care about you except to give you a hard time over the smallest things. Corporate doesn’t listen to your complaints either. I made complaints and got fired for it.
Poor work environment
The culture was very bad and no support from management. Concerns were not taken seriously and favorites did nothing, very tense work environment and sometimes hated
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great place to work. Lovely people.
Really enjoyed my time there. Very family-friendly company, a great team of staff and I would always be happy to return if necessary! Training good, hours varied.
Toxic-stay away
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They promote a culture of negativity. They have spiraled out of control since pushing out good people last year. No effort to keep or acknowledge the good workers. Poor hiring of pharmacists who do not respect the technicians. Long hours continue.Poorly managed from the top down to facility manager who often leaves us when we are buried in work at the end of the day. No dedication. Poor example of leadership. Not motivating.
Corporate always has a "new plan" to help yet nothing gets better.

There are other places to work-go work there and save yourself the stress.
The enjoyable part of work was going to see the co workers that I worked with. Also being able to learn new processes on how to send things over.
The enjoyable part of work was going to see the co workers that I worked with. Also being able to learn new processes on how to send things over to the write department.
Unorganized
This was absolutely one of the worst company’s I have worked for, it’s poor training and very unorganized they just put you beside a different person everyday which makes it hard to learn because everyone operate the system different so you don’t really know what is the right way. I felt very uncomfortable because I was judged by my appearance since the day I started, it is not a diverse company at all and they all look down on you as if your not welcome there. I do not recommend anyone work there
Fast working environment and no two days are alike. Days go by fast, but some long hours. Great management and friendly people to work with. Lots of food and activity days. The company is employee owned so it cannot be sold.
Laid back and fair workplace.
I'm a Systems Analyst. Managers aren't sticklers, projects are interesting, and coworkers are cool. I'd recommend this organization to a friend for sure.
Pros
Flexibility, understanding, benefits.
Horrible company
Horrible company to work for. Extremely stressful and no one seems to know what they’re doing throughout the whole company. If you’re thinking about working for them, don’t.
Stressful and Lacking...
You have to work a whole year before you're eligible for PTO. 30 minutes for lunch... Poor Training. Poor management. Under staffed. Rewards for hard work is a pizza party...
Unstable
Job was completely mismanaged from upper management. on site management (the PIC) did a good job but I dont think she is there anymore. the other pharmacists who work there are extremely difficult to get along with and so are the techs. There is constant fighting among staff.
Management is a joke
I worked as a tech in the la crosse wi health direct pharmacy for a couple years. The manager (retired army recruiter) is a sexist pig. He was extremely inappropriate to the ladies and who often make crude comments to and about them. Working at health direct is like never leaving highschool. The pharmacists were all super nice and professional but they had no voice over how the pharmacy is run over the gross manager.
Unneccessarily stressful
Wouldn't wish working at this place on my worst enemy. Management was horrible. The place felt like high school with all the cliques. Job advancement and raises/bonuses went to the managers friends.
I enjoyed working for KPH
When I was still there, I loved it. Everyone worked together and got things done. Pharmacy managers were great leaders and role models. Glad I got to work with them. I would describe KPH as my dream job.
Pros
Good management, coworkers, profit sharing
Cons
Pay
Dont care about their employees
They treat their good employees like garbage and if you are a suck up, then you will be treated very well. It is a popularity contest over a who is a good worker.
Do not apply
There was absolutely no training program . You learned by making mistakes and getting written up for med errors.Management is unreasonable and very deceiving. They lie to you in your interview about scheduling and hours worked. After 'training period' your hours are based on how many calls/ scripts you take. Its based on a metric system that is fairly judged. If you are not a favorite the nit pick every little thing. Morale among employees is very low. Very high turnover rate due to burn out. Worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
lunches were catered, jean days on friday
Cons
everything
Enter at your own risk
There was absolutely no training program for the data entry position. You learned by making mistakes and getting written up for med errors. Management is pompous and unreasonable and very deceiving. They will lie to you in your interview about scheduling and hours worked. The pharmacists are rude and unapproachable. Morale amongst employees is very low. Very high turnover rate due to burn out. Worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Christmas bonus, benefits
Cons
Management, low morale, no proper training
Good place to learn customer services
KPH Healthcare Services, or more specifically Kinney Drugs, is a great place to learn customer service. With constant interaction with customers during checkout, and through the store, you quickly learn how to assist customers in the best and most efficient way. Staff and management are often very friendly and dedicated to their jobs and the customer's satisfaction.