KPMG Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time with KPMG
Process Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 14, 2018
Great Management team. Allowed flexibility. I particularly was impressed with how management encouraged employee feedback and suggestions. This was my second time at KPMG as a contractor.
I've have grown and learned so much at KPMG.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 13, 2018
I have always been able to manage a work life balance with a 21 hour per week schedule. I love being a administrative assistant. I enjoy collaborating with the owners of the firm.
Great experience!
Intern Internal auditor (Former Employee) –  Capital TerritoryAugust 9, 2018
Part of a knowledgable, organised, dedicated, responsible and committed team. Great work culture and healthy team dynamics. Free meals and travel reimbursement.
Employee perks are great!
Senior Associate, Procurement Technology (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 8, 2018
Aside from KPMG being a great place to advance your career, perks such as Jump Start Fridays in the summer, company closing between Christmas and New Years, Company Holiday party and Summer Picnic are a nice bonus.
Corporate culture
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 8, 2018
Corporate culture so far has been surprisingly good. YMMV from team to team, but I have had great experiences thus far. Tone from the top is great.
- Lateral mobility has been met positively. There are a few conditional factors from case to case (such as clearances or busy season) but moving from one engagement to another if requested is good.
Productive and collaborative work environment
BPG Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
I worked at KPMG during the summer of 2017 as a BPG Intern, along with several other NYC students coming from different boroughs and schools.From the moment I walked into the office, I could tell what a collaborative environment I was in. Everyone is willing to stop and lend a helping hand when needed. You are always kept busy; there is always something to do. The best part of the job is being able to work collaboratively with others, whether an assignment/project or a volunteer opportunity. Through KPMG, I learned a lot about networking as well as the corporate world and the finance industry. It was a great experience and I would definitely go back if I had the chance.
Great start to your career
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 6, 2018
KPMG, along with all of the Big 4 accounting firms, provide an invaluable start to your career. The best thing I ever did was go to work for KPMG right out of college. It establishes your career, and opens up a ton of doors throughout life.
Pros
Experience
Worked as an intern
Deskside Support-Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
I only did an internship in the deskside support department for about 7 weeks. Good experience but it might be hard to get a full time positions there.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
Not many opportunities.
A firm with a world of potential
Tax Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
There are several paths one can take to achieve their goals as long as those goals coincide with those of the firm.

KPMG, while aiming for professionality, unfortunately came up very short on the educational side of things. For all intents and purposes, it was close to 75% learning as you go, and when you're working with multi-million dollar clients, there should be an extensive amount of focus on education and learning workshops, but there are none.
Pros
Great focus on community
Cons
Very little education
Great Experience
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2018
Working at KPMG has opened many doors in my career. The hours are long but the experience in invaluable. Culture and tone depend on the office, overall it was a great experience.
No job securtiy
Senior Purchasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 3, 2018
One of the primary reasons I left, was due to the fact that many positions were being filled by contractors. They did not give a sense of job security.
Pros
Offered low cost lunch events
Cons
No job securiy
Work/Life Balance is not good
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 3, 2018
KPMG is a great company but you feel the pressure to work long house to complete work. There are way too many meetings and you have to work late in order to complete your work due to being in meetings all day. In order to move up in the company you need to sacrifice your family time and show your commitment to the company in order to be recognized. Salary can be better. Not enough for someone with a large family.
Review Summary
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 2, 2018
Good place to work to gain great fundamental financial background and see how many companies do things. Great way to learn Best Practices in a short time.
Great Firm, Poor Engagement Management
Federal Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
KPMG is an awesome firm to work for! However, the engagement I’m currently assigned to is poorly managed with unorganized project teams. From my experience on this project, I’ve been treated unfairly by Senior Associates. It’s sad what one would do just to get noticed in hopes for a promotion to the next level. The actual project manager and Directors are beyond amazing! Super nice and caring!!!(Although they’re not on site as much). A “manager” is actually “running” the project as Deputy Project Mgr and you can really see the lack of experience. Here on this project, I feel like only a number who’s filling a position. There’s also NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. You’re expected to work overtime with NO COMPENSATION or incentives. The traveling gets overwhelming too. The Deputy Project Mgr really does not care about the employees and she leads with her emotions OFTEN. I’m really thinking about transferring to another area of the firm or requesting a different engagement.

If you’re anything below a Senior Associate, be prepared to be treated as if you’re on the bottom of a barrel. My advice to anyone working for Federal Advisory is to stand firm and don’t be afraid to have a voice! Some “managers” or “senior associates” aren’t who they portray themselves to be.

The benefits aren’t too bad and the culture is AMAZING!!!!!! I wish I had more time in the office versus on the client site.
Pros
Pay, Incentives, Culture
Cons
Poor Management, No work life balance
Not worth the long hours
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
Like most big 4 jobs, most people are looking for exit opportunities. Good place to start a career and make connections, but its depressing seeing most of your coworkers leave.
Pros
Experience and career trajectory
Cons
Long hours and tedious work
Great Work Place
State and Local Tax Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2018
I was only here for a few months but the office atmosphere was fantastic. Everyone that I had met had been supportive in my success and transition into a large company life style.
great
Audit Supervisor, Assurance (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2018
Recruited as first team member to launch start-up firm focusing on middle income housing and commercial real estate markets. Administer internal finance, including cash management, vendor payments, and account reconciliations. Coordinate activities of 8 multi-functional staff to manage operational, financial, and strategic performance. Assess new projects to ensure alignment with long-term goals. Manage debt agreements, minimize interest expenses, and issue quarterly financial statements. Analyze pro forma for 6 major real estate projects. Prepare annual operating budget. Cultivate strong relationships with local and state government officials, as well as vendors and community members to communicate corporate vision.
Senior Manager, Audit (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2018
Work/life balance is difficult at the senior level, but is much better at the manager level. The biggest hurdle I've faced has been high turnover of senior associates, and the firm not being able to replace them quickly enough, or with sufficient resources.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, compensation, CPE availability
Cons
Work/life balance, scheduling of resources
Great Foundation of Experience
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2018
I did the typical 2-3 year stint in public accounting, and then transitioned to a job with better work/life balance. KPMG provided a solid foundation of experience for my career in accounting/finance.
A stressful environment working for the SALT Practice
Associate, Tax (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2018
My typical day would begin during the beginning of the month. Each month the clients would submit their data for sales and use tax. The process begins with the checklist, reports and funding. The work is very stressful because of deadlines and errors that may occur during the process. The most enjoyable part of the job is after the 20th when compliance is over. I enjoyed working with others as well as learning from them about sales and use tax.
Pros
Summer Events and Christmas Parties
Cons
Working from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.7K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight