KPMG Employee Reviews

Found 1,334 reviews matching the search See all 4,716 reviews
Excellent company to work for to start my career
Supervising Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2018
KPMG was my first job out of college. For a CPA starting a career, I couldn't have asked for a better company. The work was challenging and rewarding. Management was excellent and provided significant support in the advancement of my career. Through the variety of clients I worked on, I gained invaluable experience across a variety of industries that I use to this day. The workplace culture was professional, dedicated and truly enjoyable.
Pros
Exposure to a variety of industries, great teammates, opportunity gain significant experience in a short time
Great company with great benefits
Finance (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 13, 2018
How well you end up liking the company depends on which department you are in and who you work for. They claim to have flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home, but that is not true throughout the entire organization. Most people tend to work long hours while others in the same department don't. Sometimes a manager's perception is distorted on who is busy or who is the most productive.

KPMG does encourage learning and development.

They also provide a lot of fun events throughout the year.

The best part about working for corporate is that they are located in New Jersey which means you don't have to commute to New York City every day.
Pros
PTO Policy - most start with 25 days and Offices close the week between Christmas & New Years
Cons
Long Hours - Work not distributed evenly
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍOctober 12, 2018
An organization providing you the opportunities to:

- grow and realize your potential
- learn the work ethics and be a responsible professional;
- become a true team member
same as bearing point
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 11, 2018
same as bearing point
flexible
challenging
good place not start consulting career
leadership good
clients were good
training was good
teams were good
My 11 years at KPMG
Audit Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
I started there directly from there and was promoted five times during that period. I learned a great deal during those early years of my career. I believe those experiences were crucial to allow me to achieve what I have to date.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
No work/life balance
This was a fast track environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 9, 2018
Typical large entity exhausting staff and promoting only certain desirable staff. Just a stepping stone out to the real world for most of us. No true value or lessons learned; no mentoring or serious attention to education on the job training.
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Cons
Terrible work environment
The staff and management were exceptionally rude and disrespectful
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work was answering phone calls, directing clients to the appropriate auditor or associate staff, provide administrative assistance by composing invoices, meeting minutes, letters, time and expense reporting, composing and coordinating travel arrangements and meetings. I did not learn much because the staff spent most of their days at client sites working on their books but when they were in the office that is when I was provided administrative tasks. The workplace culture was extremely competitive and therefore created a hostile environment. Not only were the auditors very disrespectful to me, the management did nothing to improve their treatment of me and allowed it to continue. He himself was not very respectful to me. The hardest part of the job was pleasing the staff. They are very high maintenance, unappreciative and display an entitlement attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to make arrangements for the office to participate in community events and show their interest in helping others.
Cutting edge of technology
Sr. SAP BASIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
This was an exciting job, big projects, fast paced, learning and transitioning with new clients. Could have travel or general placement, many options. Great opportunities for IT professionals. The hardest part of the job was not being in an office normally and not really knowing others in your line of command. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet new clients, build relationships and stay really busy.
Pros
Big Projects, Fast-pace, New Clients
Cons
Lack of homebase, constant changes or travel
Good for those looking to advance their career
Associate, CIO Advisory (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2018
KPMG has provided me great learning opportunities and accelerated my career path in the time that I've been here. They have good benefits and do their best to make sure employees feel welcomed as much as possible.

My team has taught me quite a bit what it means to be a consultant and have great business acumen. They push me to take on more responsibility and have helped me build credibility with our clients.

However, this job is not a walk in the park. As is true with other consulting gigs, the workload is demanding and you need to be your number one advocate when it comes to taking personal time, leave, etc. It is also not a job where you can generally have a set schedule - also something to be expected when you are in a client-facing delivery role.

If you are able to effectively manage your time and the expectation that your team and clients will have of you and your work, I highly recommend KPMG and their advisory services.
Great company to work for early
Associate (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 3, 2018
This is a great company to work for. You will be exposed to many people and different types of work. You have flexibility on what type of projects you'd like to be on and what you want to learn and be able to do for yourself.
Restricted culture
HR head (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 1, 2018
Good brand but restricted and structured job. Chances to grow with big 4 culture is tough
Learnt a lot during my service tenure
Needed to improve flexibility
Pros
Brand
Cons
Many some of which restricted environment
KPMG was a great place to start my career
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2018
- Tons of opportunities to learn and grow
- Strong Management
- Long hours and very stressful
- Low paid for the amount of work
- Supported advanced education and growth
productive
Federal Auditor Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2018
Excellent place to jumpstart your career. Get experience with the biggest companies. Highly respected. At any one time, had an engagement manager, performance manager, and assigned mentor.
It's a Big Four
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaSeptember 27, 2018
Company offers a smorgasbord of advisory services to compliment tax and audit, but sees the world through the lens of financial management. Independence is top of mind, all the time--as it should be--and effects everything you do from investment management to opportunity pursuit. Workforce is relatively young and vibrant.
Pros
Excellent benefits, healthy philosopy on work-life balance, great training budget, global reach
Cons
Impact of independence on personal finance flexibility, stove-piped by partner-led fiefdoms, lack of transparency
KPMG is a Big Four firm with all of the perks and opportunities that can be expected.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 23, 2018
KPMG is a remarkable place to work. It is a Big Four Firm that provides the training, experiences, and opportunities that set employees apart from other individuals within the public accounting/consulting realm. KPMG is as good as it gets!
Pros
KPMG is as good as it gets!
Cons
N/a
Stepping Stone
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
KPMG was my first job out college. I learned about taxation of U.S. branches of foreign banks. The hours were long and unforgiving but I learned a great deal.
Pros
Professional Staff and Management
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to start out. Experienced hires beware
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2018
I think KPMG seems to have a lot of smart young people and a lot of other people who love their titles and think that they deserve respect based solely on the length of time they've been there and the fact that they leeched onto someone along the way and got promoted above where they deserve. They bill you out for the max possible rate but want to give you the least amount of paid training possible. Other than the compensation there isn't a single thing I could recommend about working here.
Pros
Great place to start out fresh from school
Cons
Terrible and top heavy management
Current Role
Advisory Associate (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at my work includes having an important meeting with a client, provide updates (via email and powerpoints). I have learned a lot about managing project and how to host workshops to gather requirements and present them to other teams and have to lead a team.
good
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 19, 2018
It is a good place to start you career. You learn alot. The people are nice. The busy season is year around and you will average 50 hour weeks for a majority of the year.
Great People, hard work
Associate - Federal Tax (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2018
Busy seasons can be difficult, a good deal of turnover at the management level caused a large break in communication and goodwill. Employees were often pigeon-holed and stuck working for one client or partner. Not enough exposure to different managers and partners. Partners not involved in the employee process enough to make the decisions regarding their employees that they do. Too much of the process is filtered through a manager without nearly enough hands on discussions with employees. Partners become invisible until deadlines or special events, but more day to day contact and understanding of their employees would go a long way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.8K

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight