Play YouTube video button

KPMG Employee Reviews

Found 1,449 reviews matching the search See all 5,066 reviews
Great start to your career but..
ITAA Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 20, 2019
I've been with KPMG for majority of my college career and all of my professional career, and it has been a great choice. Of the opportunities I was able to take advantage of to the individuals I've met, I have not regrets starting my career here. I've learned so much and developed so much as a professional that I know my strengths and weaknesses better now than I ever did or could working elsewhere. There are drawbacks for the culture here as too mirroring and grouping, but (getting passed that) will prove worthwhile if your career path has a stop here. If you understand this portion of the firm, then KPMG can be a great stepping stone for new hires, experienced and managing employees.
Pros
Great benefits, large client base, opportunities to grow
Cons
Clique-like culture, moves with competition in growth
Great Training Ground
Staff/In-charge Accountant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 15, 2019
KPMG provided a strong foundation for growth. They instilled hard work and perseverence. This foundation helped me grow in future employment opportunities.
Contractor - 6 month assign extended to 2 years.
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 15, 2019
Though not an employee but contractor - web producer, I enjoyed collaborating across many departments, like Industries and Innovation. Everyone was a pleasure to work with locally and around the world. There are lots of meeting rooms available for presentations. If one is not available, the cafeteria has quiet booths each with a screen with bluetooth access. KPMG values independence, preventing conflict of interest. I especially applaud importance placed on Inclusion and Diversity. I would work for KPMG again given the opportunity.
Pros
Collaborative environment, Great people, Lunch room and food.
Cons
none really
Ok place to work
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2019
Caring employees and manager. Very structured. Not much room for growth for admin professionals and even for associate levels. Small bonuses for a Big Four.
ok place to work
Partners-in- Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I still work at KPMG just want to do something different & make more money I am still employed not interested in giving review just want to post resume
Pleasant work environment, not a lucrative career for techies.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 12, 2019
Been with KPMG going on 5 years. Opportunities for growth are limited for people with primarily a technical skillset. Tax knowledge is vital to advancement in the Tax Technology practice (which makes sense), unless you are in procurement or some administrative group. You WILL be kept busy, which is good.

KPMG "celebrates diversity", and constantly nags employees to contribute to community. But they do not really give a "we care about you as an individual" vibe (in my experience). Some walk the walk issues here. For example recently management encouraged people to use their Sunday to go to an MLK public gathering... but didn't (and never has) given employees MLK day off. They claim to honor veterans but don't give that day off either. In fact there are only about 6 holidays (8 days) off a year unless Partners are feeling particularly generous, they they give a couple extra at year end. During the summers they give what they call Jumpstart Friday (can leave work at 3PM) but client work still comes first, and Manager and above better not be unreachable nights and weekends or you take flack for it.

KPMG pays no overtime, doesn't compensate for extra time put in either, so there is very little incentive to give them any extra. They have a bonus program where people can nominate co-workers for awards... but cap at $1,000 per recipient per year, silly. High achievers should not be limited, they should be encouraged to do more and more. But they do have good work remote and flex hours for jobs that support that kind of lifestyle. I hear some people feel worked to death and they
  more... are only as good as their last engagement. I have not experienced that, but I may be lucky, as I operate fairly autonomously.

Most people I have worked with treat others with genuine respect, and there is a zero tolerance policy barring retaliation - by anyone, regardless of position or circumstance. I've worked at worse places, but also better.
Pros
People say thank you. Can take time off if you need to.
Cons
Bonuses are skimpy, advancement opportunities hard to come by
Great Company
Financial Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Provincia de PanamáFebruary 11, 2019
KPMG provides constant training and possibilities to be exposure to different sources of knowledge and challenges. People is nice, but you will work several hours per week.
Top Notch
Sr. Technical Consultant (BI) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2019
Pros

CEO and management have a vision for the culture of the company that they are trying to improve upon. Very nice campus and facility for employees. Relationships built and support you receive from colleagues/co-workers.
Definitely a best place to work winner!
Marketing Manager, National Marketing Team (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2019
The flexibility and remote working options were the best I experienced in 30 years of corporate positions. The company rewards hard work and those who go above and beyond in their present roles. There are so many options to take your career to the next level and to keep redefining your own role within the company. Loved the culture and the teamwork.
Pros
flexibility and remote working options
Chargeability is key
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Its really all about chargeability. They really do a good job of engaging with their employees, offering great benefits, lots of volunteer opps, great diversity but at the end of the day you better be chargeable.
Relaxed work place
SENIOR AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2019
The workplace culture is enjoyable and employees are very professional and cooperative.

The hardest part of the job is to think about to apply at a different place as this company offers many opportunities and benefits to the employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours and team culture.
Challenging work place
Senior Associate ( Certified Public Accountant ) (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Challenging work place, but depending on the team and project you're currently on can make the biggest difference in the day to day life. But overall a very good company.
Great Career Possibilites
Associate in Financial and Tax Services (Current Employee) –  BerlinFebruary 4, 2019
KPMG is a meritocracy where professionals can advance their careers under the continuous counseling of professional career developers. The entry-level position with KPMG has helped me to realize what I want to do professionally further along the path.
Great Work Life Balance
Global Finance and EPM Senior Knowledge Integrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2019
KPMG is dedicated to ensuring its employees are able to meet the high performance demands of their work while still keeping a work/life balance. The ability to have flexibility to manage the workload and also to address personal needs as well is one of the largest benefits to working for KPMG. They are dedicated to their employees.
Pros
Work Life balance and flexibility
Cons
Intense deadlines
Good place to start you career
Senior Associate/Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2019
Extremely high turnover, but good place to start your career for a couple years then leave unless you plan to stay until partner. Very difficult to change industries or functions out of audit.
A Consultancy Firm
Corporate Tax Junior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Distrito de LisboaJanuary 30, 2019
A really good place to grow as a professional. Opportunity to have many hours of training. A really hierarchical company so the level of proficiency is really high in the majority of the tasks.
Fast Moving and Always Changing
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2019
I've learned a lot here at KPMG and continuing to learn. It is a great place to work. Benefits a excellent and co-worker relationship are great. Everyone helps each other.
Pros
Encore Awards
Cons
Sometimes changes to much
Kpmg
Account Manager - Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Excellent company. Can be fast-paced yet very relaxed environment. In my particular area of Finance, it was a good balance of a team environment, and working with little to no supervision was encouraged. Coaching was always available if needed. One of my favorite jobs I've ever had.
Intern
Business Process Group Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 27, 2019
I interned at KPMG so from that viewpoint it was an okay position.The work was not interesting nor challenging, but the overall internship program was well organized and fun.
Great Entry Level Position
Associate Auditor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2019
You have to be willing to work a lot. Busy season hours (60+ a week billed to the client), summer hours (40-45/week), if you're lucky. KPMG offers a lot of training and community involvement.
Pros
Benefits (lots of paid time off), Training, Company Brand
Cons
No work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.9K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight