KPMG
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

KPMG Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Your experience will entirely depend on your engagement and/or team. You can be put on an absolute dumpster fire of a project and have a dreadful experience, or you can get put on an excellent project and end up wondering why some of your peers are so stressed and contemplating jumping off a bridge. I was fortunate to be put on a great project and have had an excellent experience thus far. Oth I have heard a couple of my fellow new hires have been put on terrible projects and I genuinely feel bad for them. The concerns i’ve heard are incompetent managers, Senior Associate with little to no accountability for the success of their new associates, and unusually long hours. Overall my experience has been a super positive one.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Flexibility
Cons
Hours, certain projects
KPMG is an amazing place to begin your career, extremely supporting company depending on the service, only qualm would be the pay. but you get the chance to work on various projects which definitely aids your growth
At least in my area of expertise and within my team, I felt I had plenty of exposure to a variety of different kinds of work under different managers. I think this is a great thing for entry level workers who may not know exactly what they want to do with their careers. Longer run, in consulting you need to become more specialized to stay in, but for a first job out of college I would recommend KPMG. However, the culture of each team and line of business can vary greatly, which one should also keep in mind.
I started off with the firm on an outstanding note for about a year (despite lack of pay for grueling work and exhausting hours and utter disregard for work / life balance). When I transitioned to a new engagement, I received next to no training for my position. This set me up for failure immediately, especially as a recent graduate just beginning my career. I was told repeatedly by colleagues that I did not belong with KPMG because I didn't major in business or accounting. Due to frequent questioning and doubts as to why I'm apart of the firm, I struggled feeling a sense of belonging. My manager was very unprofessional, who micromanaged and forwarded me emails containing catty, negative discussions between other colleagues about me. The directors and managers were only concerned about promoting themselves rather than genuinely caring about employees and the client. Toxic environment and toxic, fake people. If you don't possess a Type A personality or superiority complex or (god forbid) didn't study business or accounting, run far away. Many individuals have had great experiences with KPMG and I wish I had the same opportunity. Proud to say I am no longer with the firm and now very happy in my new work with a fantastic company.
The people that you work with on a project will make or break your experience at the firm. The firm keeps cutting down employee benefits during difficult times, but never increase them back afterwards. Job security is pretty good though.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Pros: - A ton of on-the-job learning - Experience in various industries - Benefits & Culture Cons: - Work/life balance - Stress (during busy season)
1. Loved the job and people I supported. 2. Kpmg is seriously committed to underprivileged communities and charitable works/donations. 3. Plenty of opportunities for tuition, pro bono and participating in charitable events. I can only speak to my tenure. The EA management style bordered on abuse.
I think KPMG is a great company for a multitude of reasons, but management could be better, and the promotion process more equitable. I've enjoyed my time at the company, but the pay could also be better. Great culture, and competent staff.
Not the most ideal place to grow professionally. A lot of politics involved when it comes to round table for promotion and salary increase. You get penalized for seeking to grow and try new field within the firm.
Great company to work for. Dynamic and professional environment. Interesting work. Plenty of opportunities to learn new things. Long hours, especially during a busy season.
lot of short term projects so ability to build your resume fairly quickly. highly recommend for ppl 1-6 yrs into their career, or for people later who need to build it. experience will vary by practice.
One of the best best best work life experience. I didn't like that the pay was not market competitive but one of the best work life balance and company culture.
Typical day was 8-10 hrs. in the office with occasional calls in the evenings or early morning before normal work hours. People were polite with most business conducted over Skype or conference calls. As a Partnership the business model is very consensus oriented for decision making which presented a challenge at times to arrive at consensus timely.
The KPMG corporate work environment is not ideal for applicants seeking work life balance, time required for new families. and/or parents with small children.
My experience was solely based on my partner/managing director. So really whoever interviews and signs your paycheck is the management you will be getting. The firm overall is great, it really cares about its employees. But you will not work with most of the people you see, and really the relationships you have with your managers are the ones that really count comes performance review time. KPMG is very money oriented and it shows through the interactions with clients and management. Accounting, audit, and advisory at the end of the day revolve around sales, and you are the asset that drives that goal.
Great but large scale so difficult to get to know many people outside of team. Structurally sound. Benefits can be better for a Big 4 firm. Great people.
I needed a job after I was laid off and they hired me. I'm still currently working here and so far everything's fine. It's not over the top wonderful, but it's also not the worst job I've ever had.
Work can be challenging, but it all depends on your team you are with. Some clients can be difficult to work with but, KPMG has opportunities in many different types of business.
Employees are productive and work very hard to meet deadlines and and delivery project tasks as required by the contract. Employees work longer hours sometimes to ensure deliverables are on time.
Everybody competes for the project. My manager had always had a trouble to get the projects. If you are on the bench, you are doomed. The salary is below the market.
Provides typical consultant experience where you work on multiple projects at the same time, often responding to the manager who shouts loudest. Good visibility and insight to multiple industries and clients.
Pros
Good visibility and insight to multiple industries and clients.
  1. Employee Reviews