KPMG Employee Reviews

Found 1,250 reviews matching the search See all 4,443 reviews
Love kpmg
Manager Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63101July 14, 2018
I like working for KPMG as they treat you like an adult and professional. Overall the place is a great place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
IT Leadership Cant Make Descisions
Productive, Structured workplace with great advancement opportunity and encouragement.
Sr. Associate- Records Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2018
A great place to expand knowledge and skill.
KPMG as an organization and my knowledgeable wise mentors provided opportunities in life and career coaching and advancement that I could not have imagined possible prior to joining the TEAM.
KPMG in policy and implementation is a great place to be employed.
Pros
Flex time, Working remotely, Generous personal time, humane HR policy
Cons
I’m no longer employed there.
Love the company!
Sr. Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2018
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Unfortunately, I had a boss who was uninterested in helping me advance my career, so I didn't go anywhere after my first couple of years.

I have an excellent boss now, but working for her is very high stress. She is excellent at what she does, but I'm not used to working for someone who is so intense.

I will stay here until the day I retire if I can learn to work as my current boss would like me to. It's going to take some major adjustment, but I'm willing to try.
Busy Season
Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
Busy season is tough at public accounting firms. More and more standards are coming out that keep you busy during the year and busy season never gets better.
Pros
working with people your age
Cons
too many hours
Good place to start your career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2018
KPMG offers great tools and training opportunities for junior professionals. I think their training curriculum is the best. I also enjoyed the variety of client engagements. It gave me insight into different industries.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Long hours and a lot of travel
Good start / tough to stay
Risk Consultant Associate, IT Audit and Assurance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2018
Great place to start a career. The people are great but the nature of the industry and job make it tough to stay and be happy. You can really only learn by being on real projects which is stress full and time consuming for everyone.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Nature of the work and long hours.
Excellent Company for Skills Development
Associate, Advisory - Capital Liquidity and Risk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2018
Started at KPMG right after college in their advisory program. Our group had a good work life balance compared to others. Experience at KPMG is directly correlated with your Managers and projects. If you are lucky enough to have good Managers and projects your time at KPMG will be enjoyable and rewarding. I learned a lot during my time at KPMG but long term KPMG does not offer what I am looking for in my career.
Pros
Excellent PTO, Lots of opportunity internally
Cons
Compensation is low, Experience varies greatly by project
Kpmg
Resource Manager - Asset Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
This organization is too large to provide true career development.
Management out of touch with staff. You have to advocate for yourself and career growth with little support.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Interns are treated very well compared to FT employees
Tax Technician, International Tax Department (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2018
Some interns were treated better than FT employees. The corporate culture changed during my time with the firm (17 years) and with management not willing to take the necessary steps to make improvements, the work environment grew more and more toxic. Many employees left the firm leading up to my separation from the firm. There is a high turnover in F&A and Intl Tax.
Pros
Being able to wear jeans on Fridays.
Cons
Communication with Partners, Guidance/Direction for Career Advancement, Raises/Promotions
Kpmg
Manager, Risk Management Applications (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJuly 2, 2018
A typical day is structured around meetings, and then after 530pm, you could begin work. Team management is not a supportive of work/life balance as the firm management which is disappointing. The firm culture does a great job at thanking employees for their hard work, but that does nto always trickle down by manager or group.
Pros
firm recognizes employees
Cons
no work/life balance, no ability for advancement
Time and Commitment
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2018
I enjoy auditing. I enjoy KPMG. I think my job is a huge stepping stone for my career and I honestly learn so much. My only real complaint is that more often than not, I feel like I am just a warm body. They preach family/work life balance, but I've worked more 65+ hour weeks than not. I've also traveled to other offices in other states more times than I've actually been in my home office.
Pros
Great career builders
Cons
Poor work/family life balance.
Good Company
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 28, 2018
Good Company. Friendly people. Free lunches; flexible hours
Telecommuting is an option one day a week. Free breakfast, sometime too. Open space work environment.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours
Great company
Advisory Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
KPMG is a great place to build your career. There is a lot of emphasis on continued learning/skill building and gaining exposure to various work streams and industries.
Na
Consultant - Instructional Design (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJune 27, 2018
Well-organized structured company. A lot to learn. Management is good with employees and very accommodating. All the department had a good way for working.
A wonderful experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
KPMG has 30,000+ employees stateside and approximately 190,000 globally. The company rewards those who work hard and put in the effort and creativity to get the job accomplished. My boss of 8 years was an excellent leader. I acquired the most skills and knowledge of a positive working environment than any other work place. I enjoyed my time at KPMG immensely.
Pros
Positive support from leaders and co-workers, benefits, salary and a work environment that allows a person to be creative and involved.
Cons
Travel time to work.
Great Culture and core Values
Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2018
Fortune 500 #1 of the Top 4 Accounting firms! Great community! Challenges you everyday! Company located and practices Internationally as well! Great Travel opportunities! Long hours, but great return in company value.
overall
Senior Administrative Assistant, OMP/Advisory (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
overall is a good place to work but the management keeps involving people who don't know the daily struggle. I would say they really need to work on this concerning admin managers and i think they will lose a lot of great admins if they focus too much on piling work rather than quality.
Overall, Not Bad
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
I started as an intern here, and worked my way up to Senior Associate. My time spent here has not been the best. The work/life balance is non-existent. You have no control over your life/schedule. You follow everyone else to the tee. It is hard to be an individual here. You are required to move as one. I will say, the perks and benefits are great, but if you value your personal life and aspirations, working for this Big 4 firm, may not be the best option. I am currently transitioning out of the firm. I can no longer spend 14+ hours a day, behind a computer, with no life.
Pros
Perks and employee benefits
Cons
No work life balance, no room for individuality, negative culture
Oustanding culture and work environment.
Interim Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 22, 2018
Joined the firm during a growth period for the consulting practice. Hired a number of outstanding people that complemented the team and helped to expand the practice.
Kpmg
Information Technology System Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2018
It was more technical.
The Customer's were nice when calling in.

Issues were mostly easy to solve.
And travelling to New Jersey for Orientation was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.7K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss