KPMG Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior Associate - Financial Due Diligence (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2018
Good company to build consulting skills. Lots of flexibility. Management is okay. Needs technological updates to keep up with other Big 4 firms. Adapt to current trends.
Good place to start accounting experience
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2018
It was a good place to start accounting work experience since public accounting experience is always a plus when you work in the private sector. Although I did not enjoy driving to different work location (client site) every two weeks, the experience I gained was very valuable.
if you didn't have a degree, no respect
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2018
If you didn't have a college degree, you were treated with less respect, Company did not encourage you to advance your education. It was very stressful and demanding. One of the partners I worked for belittled me constantly. He would drop off work for me to type and fax to him on Sunday evenings. I had just gotten out of surgery 2 hours earlier.
Business Program Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJMay 17, 2018
I've enjoyed my time with the company. Only compliant is it's hard to convert from contract to full time work. I have the ability to work from home which I love.
Fast Paced, Long Hours, Inconsistent Managers
Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Expect Long hours, tough deadlines, and inconsistency in quality of managers and senior managers your work with on client engagements. Also clients can be unforgiving and present self inflicted problems on themselves, which ultimately falls on the engagement team.
Big 4 is not for everyone
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 14, 2018
Typical Day consised of working with a team on client engagements. There was alot of travel required as well as inventory counts. I appreciate the opportunity but it just wasn't a good fit for me.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Great Traveling Experience. Fantastic Software Training Support
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Participated in enterprise-wide application of accepted risk management methodologies. Supported clients in implementing risk systems and complying with new accounting rule. Helped integrate OMR FX module of Global Trading with back office and accounting.
Great learning experience
Tax Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 10, 2018
Great, place to work and I learned a great deal about tax accounting from the other coworkers and managers. It helped me to get a better understanding of tax accounting.
Good place to start a career
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2018
KPMG is good place to jump start a career, however the work ours can be very overwhelming. Busy season is worse, but the experience and knowledge acquired is best.
Positve and Memorable Career Experience!!!
Associate Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DC and Richmond, VAMay 8, 2018
I would not have remained at KPMG for 20 years without the collaborative and respectful environment of my tenure. I have nothing but positive thoughts and memories!
Pros
Exceptionally talented and high caliber people, positive teaming environment, respect, integrity, flexibility, trust, etc.
Cons
Email is the main mode of communication and volume could be overwhelming at times. However, too much communication is far better than the opposite.
Great Place to work but long hours
Healthcare Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2018
Long hours, long days, traveling is difficult. Worth working and networking; lots of new opportunities to advance your career. Can learn something new almost every day
Great
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2018
KPMG is a great place to work. There is a strong company culture that encourages diversity and inclusion. KPMG makes sure that employees are well-trained.
Task oriented and collaborative environment
Manager IT / Project Management (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 28, 2018
Task oriented and collaborative environment with new facility for the technology department. The high level of professional ethics, loyalty, and approachability of all the members of the team.
Partner Dependent
Associate - Risk Consulting (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2018
KPMG is the smallest of the big4 and it shows when you start to visit the competition. In advisory your experience is heavily dependent upon the partner/MD with whom you are aligned. Be cautions of which office/partner is credited for the revenue. Great company to learn about accounting.
Excellent Support from Seniors and Managers
Federal Financial and IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2018
The Federal advisory practice in KPMG is a great place to work. I worked under their Federal IT audit sector during my time there. I received tremendous support from the engagement senior during my first year and I've learned a lot from him. All the people that I have met and worked with were knowledgeable, friendly, and supportive.
Pros
Pto, supportive colleagues
Cons
Long hours during busy season
Good company
Risk Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  LagosApril 26, 2018
While i worked as an intern a lot of relevant skills were learnt that helped in my future jobs. Also company culture was great. Senior managers support the new hires to
Great place to start your career
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2018
KPMG is a great organization to work for. The compensation is competitive, and you get to work with various colleagues accross multiple departments. The work/life balance is not great as you will most likely end up working nights and some weekends but the company tries to make it up by providing free meals and comp days (differs for each manager).
It's not for everyone
Senior Auditor, Assurance Practice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
Public Accounting is not for the faint of heart. The hours are long and the travel is often. But, the job is not entirely thankless. While the pay is mediocre, considering the hours, the firm provides a lot of perks to its employees. The end-of-season parties and the holiday parties are always loads of fun!
Pros
lots of personal time off in the off-season
Cons
Great experience at expense of health and life
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 24, 2018
Great way to start a career in finance and accounting. Bad hours, bad health, not competitive pay. Great team, ok management. Good education and investment in skills.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hours
Big 4 for a reason
Associate - Business Tax Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 20, 2018
There is a reason KPMG is one of the BIG 4. They expect the best of their employees. There are going to be long hours and tight deadlines especially during busy season. However, they do an excellent job in training their staff. They provide extensive training both before starting and once on the job. They have an impressive library of continuing education and they will cover the cost. If you are self-motivated they give you every opportunity to be successful.
Pros
Extensive training, catered food, continuing education, ping pong, community service opportunities
Cons
Long hours, tight deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.7K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight