KPMG

KPMG insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Great Firm with excellent opportunities for growth and advancement

Your experience will entirely depend on your engagement and/or team. You can be put on an absolute dumpster fire of a project and have a dreadful experience, or you can get put on an excellent project and end up wondering why some of your peers are so stressed and contemplating jumping off a bridge. I was fortunate to be put on a great project and have had an excellent experience thus far. Oth I have heard a couple of my fellow new hires have been put on terrible projects and I genuinely feel bad for them. The concerns i’ve heard are incompetent managers, Senior Associate with little to no accountability for the success of their new associates, and unusually long hours. Overall my experience has been a super positive one.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Flexibility

Cons

Hours, certain projects

Overall good

Wonderful people to work with and supportive leaders, however diversity and inclusion could use work and pay/benefits for employees is less than competing companies.

Overall, if you know anything about public accounting, you know the hours are horrendous. This is very much the case. Though you can be flexible with the hours you work, not the amount of hours. During the peak season, don't be surprised working over 70 hours with limited assistance. I will note you learn an immense amount in a short time, there is not enough staff and turnover is quite bad. I will say I really appreciate the colleagues I had, but that is not enough.

Good place to work at the time

I enjoyed the work and the people. I wish there was more advancement with money. I liked the environment and the perks that came along with working there

Pros

Lota of perks

Cons

More cross training

Sr Associate TRM

Good company to work for, leadership was supportive. However, promotion was a curve ball. My current team was awesome in terms of team morale. A lot of hard work and have to network.

Pros

Team morale. Flexibility to be a part of BRGs, great training program

Cons

False promises for job advancement

Leave a review. Help people like you.

People are great

Everyone says that the best part about KPMG are the people and they are right. The job can be very demanding during busy seasons. Clients needs are sometimes put in front of employee needs to the point where life can become miserable.

Great culture, leadership, decent pay, average benefits and work life balance is a challenge

The culture is great. There is flexibility in terms of hours worked, location and personal reasons are respected. But you will have to compensate for the absence in your free time as most projects are intense with tight timelines. Work life balance although encouraged by leadership often becomes a challenge.Pay and benefits are decent but they are a bit behind competitors. The maternity/paternity leaves are bad. Learning and growth opportunities are good as well. You will have ample resources to enhance your skills. Deserving candidates are often rewarded with promotions or pay bumps/bonuses

Pros

Cons

Benefits, Work Life Balance

great pool table, clients

honestly a good place to be long, term, short term who really knows because the work we do impacts clients in many places - cybersecurity, audit and spanish.

Stable job with good opportunities

Overall, there is a clear path to promotion and good benefits. However, pay is not worth it for all the hours you have to work. Your personal experience will depend on the people you work with and the client you are placed on.

Typical Public Accounting Firm - Long Hours, Low Pay

Typical Big 4 firm where most engagements are understaffed and overtime is the norm. Culture is dependent on the team you're working with. It's a great place to get exposure to large clients in different industries but not a great place if you're looking for work/life balance. Good parental leave and PTO but other benefits (health, dental, retirement) are just okay.

Pros

Good experience, career advancement, job security, great coworkers

Cons

Long hours, low pay, some teams with toxic management

It's okay.

Work is comparable to other Big 4 firms. Get to work with large clients. Leadership is inclusive and compassionate; however there are Directors who are disrespectful and treat you like a second class citizen.

Great career start

Great start to career but experience can change just based on who you’re working with. I do appreciate the individuals I have met here in Portland as they are a good personable group.

Pros

Food, coffee, flexibility

Cons

Pay

Kpmg review

Digital Transformation means outsourcing. They are quick to lay off without notice and while you are busy. This gives employees a false sense of security.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Workload is intense at times

Communications Department

Communications department has lots of talented professionals - but terrible people managers. If a people manager is well liked, they can get away with anything. I'm still trying to forget that toxic environment. This department also had four Chief Communications Officers come and go within seven years. It was constant change and reorgs - a revolving door for CCOs and the directors they would bring in. They would make drastic changes and then they would leave....hard not to be cynical while working there.

Pros

Business resource groups

Cons

Constant change, low pay, and favoritism

A good place to work. The culture here is to bring you in and get you up to speed as quickly as possible to promote yearly. Although grace is given, it is important to take good notes on tasks and processes. You will stick out like a soar thumb if you keep making the same mistakes and ask repetitive questions. Stay plugged in to your A2 that you are assigned to and ask questions for anything you dont understand immediately. Be conscious of your team members time. Also, make sure you bring a good work ethic and set up weekly check ins with your in charge. Enjoyed it but wasn’t for me in the long run

Pros

Pay, free lunch and dinner (busy season), growth potential, coaching

Cons

Busy season stress( we all know this)

Exciting

I enjoyed my time at KPMG LLP. I learned a lot about filing records. I was learning about work ethic. Phone protocol, kindness and generosity. I switched lunch hours with my work mates. I enjoyed taking classes on learning new goals. I met a lot of good people. I enjoyed working with the Partners, Attorneys, Paralegals and Secretaries. I enjoyed the conferences, getting fed good foods.

Pros

Learning a lot

Cons

Short breaks

Great culture

Great Corp culture. Co work treating each other with respectful and appreciation. Working many overtime. Have personal time off days and summer firm shut down which could make my work life balance.

Good people but stuck in a old way

people are generally nice. good for growthploitics are too muchgrowing paincopycats other big fourneed to comform to their stylepay less then other big 4

Pros

people

Cons

management

Low pay hard work

- you mostly will work long hours- minimal access to global standards and practices-Feedback mechanism needs to improve to aid objectivityInequity in recognition and promotion. Favouritism. Exclusionary culture. Talk a good talk about inclusion and diversity, but this is not evident when you look at the leadership.

Long hours, low pay

Glad I did it. Looks good on the resume but tough with everything so understaffed. Constantly critiqued because “they have high standards”. However, these high standards are not attainable while a first year associate while working virtually.

run-of-the-mill consulting with very good perks

One of the gripes I have with my new group in Data Analytics is that as a Consultant there are no clear scope of performance measurement. As a consultant you may hop on a project and do it all... sell, project manage, analytics, and develop. Come time for performance review, I am the same in leadership's eye as the next Consultant whom may just sell and project manage. The perks are good and salary is average-to-low relative to other consulting firms.

Pros

Corporate perks

Cons

average-to-low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K
2.6K
1.4K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss