Play YouTube video button
KPMG
66Average

KPMG Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA75 reviews
Pros:
- A ton of on-the-job learning

- Experience in various industries

- Benefits & Culture

Cons:

- Work/life balance

- Stress (during busy season)
The people that you work with on a project will make or break your experience at the firm. The firm keeps cutting down employee benefits during difficult times, but never increase them back afterwards. Job security is pretty good though.
1. Loved the job and people I supported.
2. Kpmg is seriously committed to underprivileged communities and charitable works/donations.

3. Plenty of opportunities for tuition, pro bono and participating in charitable events.

I can only speak to my tenure. The EA management style bordered on abuse.
I think KPMG is a great company for a multitude of reasons, but management could be better, and the promotion process more equitable. I've enjoyed my time at the company, but the pay could also be better. Great culture, and competent staff.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Not the most ideal place to grow professionally. A lot of politics involved when it comes to round table for promotion and salary increase. You get penalized for seeking to grow and try new field within the firm.
Great company to work for. Dynamic and professional environment. Interesting work. Plenty of opportunities to learn new things. Long hours, especially during a busy season.
lot of short term projects so ability to build your resume fairly quickly. highly recommend for ppl 1-6 yrs into their career, or for people later who need to build it. experience will vary by practice.
One of the best best best work life experience. I didn't like that the pay was not market competitive but one of the best work life balance and company culture.
Typical day was 8-10 hrs. in the office with occasional calls in the evenings or early morning before normal work hours. People were polite with most business conducted over Skype or conference calls. As a Partnership the business model is very consensus oriented for decision making which presented a challenge at times to arrive at consensus timely.
The KPMG corporate work environment is not ideal for applicants seeking work life balance, time required for new families. and/or parents with small children.
My experience was solely based on my partner/managing director. So really whoever interviews and signs your paycheck is the management you will be getting. The firm overall is great, it really cares about its employees. But you will not work with most of the people you see, and really the relationships you have with your managers are the ones that really count comes performance review time. KPMG is very money oriented and it shows through the interactions with clients and management. Accounting, audit, and advisory at the end of the day revolve around sales, and you are the asset that drives that goal.
Great but large scale so difficult to get to know many people outside of team. Structurally sound. Benefits can be better for a Big 4 firm. Great people.
I needed a job after I was laid off and they hired me. I'm still currently working here and so far everything's fine. It's not over the top wonderful, but it's also not the worst job I've ever had.
Work can be challenging, but it all depends on your team you are with. Some clients can be difficult to work with but, KPMG has opportunities in many different types of business.
Employees are productive and work very hard to meet deadlines and and delivery project tasks as required by the contract. Employees work longer hours sometimes to ensure deliverables are on time.
Everybody competes for the project. My manager had always had a trouble to get the projects. If you are on the bench, you are doomed. The salary is below the market.
Provides typical consultant experience where you work on multiple projects at the same time, often responding to the manager who shouts loudest. Good visibility and insight to multiple industries and clients.
Pros
Good visibility and insight to multiple industries and clients.
I worked here for my first six years out of college. I learned a great deal in that time and got to travel and see some interesting places. It was a great place to learn internal audit.
I've been with KPMG for majority of my college career and all of my professional career, and it has been a great choice. Of the opportunities I was able to take advantage of to the individuals I've met, I have not regrets starting my career here. I've learned so much and developed so much as a professional that I know my strengths and weaknesses better now than I ever did or could working elsewhere. There are drawbacks for the culture here as too mirroring and grouping, but (getting passed that) will prove worthwhile if your career path has a stop here. If you understand this portion of the firm, then KPMG can be a great stepping stone for new hires, experienced and managing employees.
Pros
Great benefits, large client base, opportunities to grow
Cons
Clique-like culture, moves with competition in growth
Challenging work place, but depending on the team and project you're currently on can make the biggest difference in the day to day life. But overall a very good company.
KPMG was an amazing work environment with so much room for growth and potential for professional and personal development. I would still be with the Firm had I been allowed to change sectors within the Federal Advisory practice and been compensated for my market value.
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
Cross Sector Transfers