Play YouTube video button

KPMG Employee Reviews

Found 1,590 reviews matching the search See all 5,754 reviews
Great
Associate Director, HR Digital Transformation (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2019
Overall KPMG is a
Great place to network
Great place to grow a career
Great place to learn and progress in the field that you are specializing in.
Smoke and mirrors
Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2019
Working in the advisory section of this firm is ridiculous. Many non industry personnel who know nothing about what they claim to be consulting on projects with clients. It’s all about favoritism and backstabbing of people who are not “yes men,” and the firm allows managers and principals to discriminate against LGBT employees.
Pros
Cons
Terrible environment
Great workplace with wonderful coworkers
Data & Analytics Intern, Tax (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2019
I loved every aspect of my internship at KPMG. From the first day onwards, I was learning new skills and being provided with opportunities to hone in on old ones. My coworkers were all very fun and supportive of me, each other, and the firm as a whole.
Great opportunities to advance, no work-life balance whatsoever
Senior Associate, Advisory - Management Consulting (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2019
If you work in Advisory chances are you travel. And travel usually means you do it Monday through Thursday every week. There are nice perks from that as you get to keep your points from hotel and airline rewards programs. But if you have a life at home you can only live it on the weekends.

That said, it is a great firm to advance year to year. I learned new skills and received a reasonable pay increase every year. Some years it was very generous.

The structure is helpful for career advancement. You have an internal manager who is responsible for making sure you stay utilized and advocating for your advancement. Day to day you'd report to a different manager on your engagement. If you are interested in trying something different you network around the firm and work with your internal manager to find the kind of project that suits your professional goals.
Great Culture
Assosiate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2019
A big contributing factor of what makes work less stressful, enjoyable, and not dreading to go to is the people you with with. At KPMG, all of the staff are great people to work with, helpful, and really aim to help you succeed. I never feel out of place when I need to speak with management, or any superior to me because they are all approachable and willing to help. Great culture to work for overall.
Fun place to work is really is
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2019
KPMG is superb I really love it working there until I got new manager. he was very rude and hateful towards me and others team mate. That's why I let if not I would be there. Some time I want to go back, But i know he's still there at least in the field that I'm in.
Pros
Free lunch after hours drinks on the 15th floor.
Cons
managers don't play nice they always trying to do something to you.
Build a Career then leave
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2019
KPMG is a great place to build a career. That being said, it is not a place you should sit around and think that you will make manager. After 3 years, look somewhere else unless you are on partner track and are sure of it. Even if you are, you will need to wait a long time with no guarantee. They will tell you if you leave how big of a mistake you are making but they never left and don't know anything else. DO NOT listen to them. You leaving only hurts them and their current way of life. If they lose you, they have to work harder and replace you. They do not care about your career and it is everyone for themselves. If you remember and live by that, you should be fine.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Never stop working
Great Place to Work
Manager for Financial Services Industry (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2019
The Advisory practice provides lots of opportunities and is full of energetic and knowledgable talent. The practice is always growing and extremely adaptive to changing markets.
Mostly good, if you aren't temporary
Tax Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 13, 2019
Was a temporary worker for tax season. Pay and hours were great. Was told there was a decent chance of being hired on full-time, which didn't happen. Manager made me cry once, never apologized but never did it again after I complained to the temp agency that had placed me.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 12, 2019
I enjoyed my time there and I wish I could be there again . Management really cares. If you have to work overtime lunch is provided free of charge. I loved it
N/a
IT Audit & Assurance Sr. Associate / Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2019
-Small teams in Pittsburgh office allow co-workers to work in a more focused environment.
-Overall positive work environment
-Various opportunities to participate in volunteer/charity events
Great place to work.
Director Technology (Current Employee) –  560 Lexington AvenueAugust 2, 2019
I never thought I would have to leave KPMG. Thought I would retire from my position. I really enjoyed working there and my work was appreciated.

I was hired as a Manager, promoted to Associate Director and then promoted to Director Technology.

I was dedicated to the Office of General Counsel. I did not work for Technology. I was the liaison between Technology and the Office of General Counsel.
Management is in flux
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 1, 2019
Current management is in a state of flux. Jobs are being relocated out of the domestic USA . Hiring at certain offices is frozen. New hires are being capped to 50% of salary ranges and as such appropriate talent is hard to find and keep
Senior associate (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 1, 2019
KPMG offers good benefits, career development, and work life balance. However, I wish the healthcare practice was stronger. There were too many consultants and few healthcare related projects.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJuly 30, 2019
I would love to go back. I got laid off back 2012
The company should call back their former employees with good reviews. Offers different opportunities within the Firm.
Great Company
Senior Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2019
Only left for what i thought would be an opportunity to advance my career. But as before, i dont see why this section is necessary for my future job placement.
Nice Place to work
RPA Developer/Automation Architect -Contractor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 24, 2019
Nice Place to Work
Learned New Technology
Management is not that great
Workplace culture is very bad for Contractor
Not Much opportunity to grow
Work Life Balance is good
Productive work place
Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 23, 2019
A typical work place. Team focus. crunch time is measured in volume of work completed. Competitive and business-like. Great location. Parking is a challenge to find and costly.
Great company with his written life balance
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 21, 2019
Good work life balance
Nice people
Good projects
Opportunity to learn
Not sure about promotions as I'm quite new
Some other teams do suffer from politics but I haven't experienced it myself
Pros
His benefits and no long hours
Cons
Below average pay
There are much better employers out there - Buyer beware!!
Director, Cyber Services (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJuly 16, 2019
KPMG was once a Big 4 marvel. In recent years, leadership has faultered, greatly. Add Government (i.e.) PCAOB violations for poor audit practices, clients are sueing weekly. Employee retention is at an all time low; dropping like flies qnd recruiting csnt fill the VOIDS; in part due to Partner violations of their agreements, for ethics and infidelity. And that's the icing. So much more. A once Mega firm is on fire, burning and no one is at the wheel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
42.2K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at KPMG.

Powered by Comparably