KRA Corporation Employee Reviews

Too many issues to name
Lead Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 14, 2018
Questionable business practices at best; potential for earning great human services experience but work was based on numbers not impacting lives in a positive way
Pros
Minority owned business
Cons
Minority owned business
Instructor/Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDAugust 9, 2018
I enjoy my time at KRA. I wish they had the larger contract in PG County. Good company overall. The management was easily accessible and pretty much had an open door policy.
Work Culture Was Great
Business Services Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2018
1 word Autonomy.

I was allowed to work from home 6 months after proving my work ethic. My managers were firm but fair. My team was like family.
I was really disappointed when the job ended.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Upper management is responsible for securing contracts
Productive and Fun workplace
Business Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 8, 2018
KRA gave me the opportunity to make executive decisions based on my own expertise,and held me accountable for my everyday duties.

In addition at my location we, as a team developed everyday SOP's, MOU's and outreach to serve businesses to assist the community of employers and job seekers. Making this a VERY rewarding career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Contractual terms
Offers varied work experiences.
Family Life Education Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 1, 2018
while one is able to serve in various agencies and industries, the potential to be assigned to a positive agency is opportune, but like a box of chocolates one might not know one will get.
A productive and fun work environment
Intern (Unpaid) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2018
A friendly and supportive environment that is willing to help those in need to receive benefits and financial accountability that supports family's in difficult situations.
Creative Leadership Strategies
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 5, 2018
My experience has been positive and rewarding. The leadership is FOR the people and supportive of all staff. During my employment, I have learned how to become a better performer on the job, and enhanced my ability to lead others helping the team. Unfortunately, poor performers on the team, can create a negative and draining work environment. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet the performance demands, with older state systems. This is a great job for someone in the workforce development field or has similar experience.
Pros
Experienced workforce development Managers, Salary, flexibility, transparency
Cons
Contract enviornment, takes a long time to get rid of poor performers, workspaces
Condescending managers
Career Agent (JFES) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2018
Certain managers would come to work and depending on their entrance one would be able to tell how the day would go. Micro managing seems to be the fashion.
Pros
Gain experience for potential state jobs
Cons
Sick and Vacation time are not separate
High Turnover
Greater Hartford, Connecticut (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 7, 2017
Lots of turnover due to the mistreatment of employees. Local management team is not about treating their employees with respect and seek to overwork those who do a god job and turn a blind eye to those who do nothing.
Good for entry-level into Workforce Development Industry
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2017
A typical day is trying to convince welfare recipients to comply with the program rules to find employment.

If you're not happy in the job, it is up to you to make a change.

Management is disconnected from real-world possibilities for employment for low-income, low-skilled individuals.

Environment can be very stressful and difficult for new staff and current staff. Processes change rapidly and inconsistency does not support performance based contract goals.

It is hard motivating others to do their jobs.

Meeting new people is enjoyable
Pros
Serves DC residents
Cons
Stressful
Chaos
Special Initiatives Coordinator & Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2017
On a typical day customers will come in at a time they are scheduled for a training and may or may not complete the training the next day.
We give them incentives to take and complete the training. Invariably they loose their certifications or cards and have to come back for a duplicate when they do pass the trainings.
Pros
You are free to do what ever you want as staff or customers. People get lateral demotions.
Cons
Management is not leadership.
Fast paced, friendly co workers
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work, I have learned much about people. KRA has born some phenomenal Leaders. Life at KRA can be stressful, but keeping the focus that one life may be changed by my sacrifice is kinda worth it :-)
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Too much work for one day / miss a day ..never catch up :-)
MCC was a great opportunity to work with young adults striving to reach their goals.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 13, 2017
The demands of the job were challenges, however I was able to meet deadlines and goals. Often there were difficulty following up with students with the administrative structure that was in place. The salary was comfortable for that time period, however there was a very rigid work day.
productive and clean work place, very organized
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2017
overall Kra corporation was very professional and organized. I understod my job duties and what i was instructed to do. upper management was very respectful and understanding.
Pros
I enjoyed the work area i was working in.
Cons
The scheduling wasnt made properly and in a timely manner.
Competitive
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 23, 2017
Get ready for a challenge. At KRA you will be pushed to do your best and to think on your feet. You will learn to recognize strength that you didn't even know you had. If you like to help people while in a corporate environment, you will absolutely love it and appreciate it here.
Helpful for customers in need of developing skills
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 29, 2017
Fast paced office, must be able to think outside of the box. Must be able to multi-task and enjoy working with people. The hardest part of the job is paperwork. You will need to be flexible as change is a constant.
Very great work opportunity
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 5, 2017
This was a pay based internship to get the experience or refresh my customer service skills. I learned a lot of new skills and gained references that values my quality of work.
Top 5 in Workforce Development One of the Best Nationwide.
Case Management & Quality Assurance Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 29, 2017
Awesome place to work and grow in business and economic development. One of the best nationwide if you ask me. Great at what thery did. Awesome programmatic structure.
Pros
Massive Room for Growth
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 7, 2017
This is a great place to work. The management cares about the employees and the work load. Team atmosphere and everyone gets along with one anther.
Daily Routine at KRA Corporation
WIOA/JFES Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Providing Career Counseling to participants on a daily basis. Helping participant complete job application and write resumes. Working with my co-workers to ensure that we are providing support in our daily routine.

Provide assistance when needed to the management team.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Not enough time in a the day