KRA Corporation Employee Reviews

I loved working for the company, a past health issue prohibited me from continuing at that time.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2018
My overall review for the company is good. The communication between the workers and supervisors was superb and they help get the resources each individual needs that they service the customers. They also help with personal needs for those who require them.
Pros
It had the schedule that I needed.
Cons
A slight bit of contraversy at certain times working with the customers.
KRA is a great company to work for
Career Agent/Lead Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2018
KRA is a company that trains staff to be effective in the community and with the population we serve.
We work with customers who have been on public assistant for 5 years or more. We assist them in finding employment and obtaining training.
Pros
We are able to help people become productive citizens.
Cons
We can't reach everybody.
Too many issues to name
Lead Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 14, 2018
Questionable business practices at best; potential for earning great human services experience but work was based on numbers not impacting lives in a positive way
Pros
Minority owned business
Cons
Minority owned business
Not for people with solid work history and skills
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 24, 2018
This is a job for high school interns, fresh out of college students. It's not what I expected. I enjoy working here and the employer has so much potential for growth. However, they need to get rid of some immature, uncaring employees.
Instructor/Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDAugust 9, 2018
I enjoy my time at KRA. I wish they had the larger contract in PG County. Good company overall. The management was easily accessible and pretty much had an open door policy.
Work Culture Was Great
Business Services Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2018
1 word Autonomy.

I was allowed to work from home 6 months after proving my work ethic. My managers were firm but fair. My team was like family.
I was really disappointed when the job ended.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Upper management is responsible for securing contracts
Productive and Fun workplace
Business Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 8, 2018
KRA gave me the opportunity to make executive decisions based on my own expertise,and held me accountable for my everyday duties.

In addition at my location we, as a team developed everyday SOP's, MOU's and outreach to serve businesses to assist the community of employers and job seekers. Making this a VERY rewarding career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Contractual terms
Predictive fun workplace
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2018
I would recommend any one to work at kra they have the best workers and great costumer service and flexible hours all tho it was a government oderd job
Offers varied work experiences.
Family Life Education Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 1, 2018
while one is able to serve in various agencies and industries, the potential to be assigned to a positive agency is opportune, but like a box of chocolates one might not know one will get.
A productive and fun work environment
Intern (Unpaid) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2018
A friendly and supportive environment that is willing to help those in need to receive benefits and financial accountability that supports family's in difficult situations.
Creative Leadership Strategies
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 5, 2018
My experience has been positive and rewarding. The leadership is FOR the people and supportive of all staff. During my employment, I have learned how to become a better performer on the job, and enhanced my ability to lead others helping the team. Unfortunately, poor performers on the team, can create a negative and draining work environment. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet the performance demands, with older state systems. This is a great job for someone in the workforce development field or has similar experience.
Pros
Experienced workforce development Managers, Salary, flexibility, transparency
Cons
Contract enviornment, takes a long time to get rid of poor performers, workspaces
Job Training
Career Link Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Job was to train me for employment at locat facilities. Careerlink trains its workers by having them do office jobs to show them the skills needed out in other jobs.
Pros
Job Training
Condescending managers
Career Agent (JFES) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2018
Certain managers would come to work and depending on their entrance one would be able to tell how the day would go. Micro managing seems to be the fashion.
Pros
Gain experience for potential state jobs
Cons
Sick and Vacation time are not separate
High Turnover
Greater Hartford, Connecticut (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 7, 2017
Lots of turnover due to the mistreatment of employees. Local management team is not about treating their employees with respect and seek to overwork those who do a god job and turn a blind eye to those who do nothing.
Salary unbalanced
Self Sufficiency Specialist II / Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 14, 2017
Fast passed, team and individual work, high expectations, fully enjoyed. However, the balance between work load and income is off centered. But appreciate the experience.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
low wages
kra
Administrative Assistant-intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2017
Kra is a job placement program you have to go there to get benefits and I liked it I was really new and it should me patients and strength gave me hope for what was next to come in my life
Good for entry-level into Workforce Development Industry
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2017
A typical day is trying to convince welfare recipients to comply with the program rules to find employment.

If you're not happy in the job, it is up to you to make a change.

Management is disconnected from real-world possibilities for employment for low-income, low-skilled individuals.

Environment can be very stressful and difficult for new staff and current staff. Processes change rapidly and inconsistency does not support performance based contract goals.

It is hard motivating others to do their jobs.

Meeting new people is enjoyable
Pros
Serves DC residents
Cons
Stressful
It was Productive
Quality Assurance and Trainer Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2017
KRA - was a company that you can grow with if they would've stay longer in the Miami Region. lost contract for Workforce services in the Miami Region.
Pros
Good in input
Cons
KRA left the
Chaos
Special Initiatives Coordinator & Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2017
On a typical day customers will come in at a time they are scheduled for a training and may or may not complete the training the next day.
We give them incentives to take and complete the training. Invariably they loose their certifications or cards and have to come back for a duplicate when they do pass the trainings.
Pros
You are free to do what ever you want as staff or customers. People get lateral demotions.
Cons
Management is not leadership.
Fun and high-paced evironment
Case Manager/Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2017
Working at KRA was a great experience and very high-paced work environment assisting individuals that was on public assistance. There was not enough staff and had a high turnover rate.
Pros
Helping people on public assistance.
Cons
Micro-Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KRA Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.