Kraft Heinz Company

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Productive, busy and very competitive and it comes to running the lines

Featured review

Kraft Heinz Company selected this as a representative review
I really do like my job. I have always wanted to work for this company. The pace in the factory is very high skilled. You learn a lot from working on multiple lines that are not the same and running different products

Official response from Kraft Heinz Company

February 1, 2019
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am glad to hear you are finding your time rewarding at KHC. We value your contribution. - Elizabeth

Best paying job in town in exchange for no life outside of it

Each day is easy to get through if you have a role that constantly has something to do for 12 hours. Some management there is great and they really do care about you. Other times, even while people with higher roles past a supervisor watch the chaos of a bad day, the best that comes out of that is being able to walk out of there at the end of the day. However, it's apparent that even corporate level employees are willing to fire hardworking employees in a mass of people who care about working there and who don't. Although there are empty threats thrown all the time, it's hard to feel you have job security, even if you call out past the maximum attendance threshold. The only joy at the end is receiving a big pay check from all the forced overtime everyone experiences. When hiring, they explained the overtime to be a seasonal thing, when in reality it's been going on for years. If you consider working here, you really are signing your life away because of the required 72 hour, 6 day work week.

Pros

Pay/Holiday Paid Time Off

Cons

No equality, Work/Life Balance

Terrible & Turnover rate

Management doesn't really care if you are working your butt off, they demand more from you for little pay. Job training is a joke. They have a diverse culture which is nice but the turnover rate is quick with so many new faces.

Pros

Employee appreciation day; HR has some nice people

Cons

Management; Training on machines

Pay and benefits

It’s decent. Schedule is tough and changes all the time without notice. Makes it next to impossible to make plans outside work. If you get in a good work group it can be ok but depends, it can be bad too.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Work schedule

Sales

Go place to work for sales. You learn a lot of new skills and leadership skills. The company has a lot of established brands to sell. You have to own your career. Take ownership for your growth.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Productive work place

The ability to work as many hours you want. Excellent holiday pay. Heath insurance went up a ton since I've worked there. You can work from 8-10 shifts with shirt notice

Pros

Cool environment

Cons

Long hour's

Poor management

Been working here 2 1/2 years and have learned that they don't care about experience. If you want a better position you either have to be family or close friends. Management is the worse they don't help you succeed and rather watch you fail.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Good money not much else

I couldn’t give it a zero so one star this os not the best place to work for your forced to work 7 days no time off the plant management and maintenance manager are woefully inept and put people into positions so they have someone to point fingers at the equipment is antiquated at best and the patch it and go culture is the only thing they they can’t get parts or contractors to work because they owe them money the moral is none existent and all of management gets all weekend and holidays off but forcing everybody else to work if this is want you want if your looking to work 12 to 16 hours a day and no home time this is your job

Pros

Good money

Cons

Zero work life balance

Decent pay, good benefits

Decent pay good benefits management is absent and not involved unless taking credit for something they didn't do. Huge turnover. Thus company doesn't care about it's employees one bit, do not even consider it, you will be much happier elsewhere, trust me.

Great company, TERRIBLE management

Loved the job, work was great. A little exhausting at times but very manageable. The issue here, the biggest issue here is the management. I was very disappointed in the way management handles employees. It is 100% based on favoritism. The management is very rude and act like a group of popular jerks from high school. Bullies, and love to create hostile environments. I worked here for a very long time and it will never change. Going to HR is useless, they are a very tight group of friends, and you will get targeted. The employees are great, good ol’ timers and hard working young kids. Opportunity to advance, to learn. Hands on. Decent time off with decent overtime.

Pros

Product purchase for employees, great pay when full time. Benefits great.

Fun times

The people I worked with we're great co workers. Don't regret it, would go back if needed. Don't let people get you down, that's at any work place. I had a good time

Horrible management, training. Treated very badly.

I have worked in a lot of different factory jobs in my life. This one is by far the worst. I was treated terribly, talked down to, and ridiculed from the start. I was barley trained, and when I asked a question, employees got angry. Management has no idea what’s going on. While I was there, there was a giant ammonia leak, and management never even pulled the fire alarm. We only knew to evacuate by word of mouth. Some were left working for 15 minutes and suffered breathing problems. Drama here is worse than any place I worked. I got blamed for things I didn’t even do. I was fired for no reason because people were salty. I would never recommend anyone to work here. Everyone there complains how bad they hate it 24-7.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, bad management, negative attitudes, harassment is normal

No life

Way too much overtime, they always say they're working on it but nothing ever changes. Can't have a life anymore. Over 100 people were hired then quit this year.

Management sucks

Management cares not at all about employees. I worked myself to the bone and was not offered any support from management. Machines are always down, QA is nightmarish and unchecked in power, and supervisors are of no help.

Pros

Cons

Everything!!

Can't trust them. They expect you to uphold your end of the bargain but they cheat on their end as much as yhey can.

I have nightmares about my time working there. No seriously I actually have nightmares 10 years later after being gone over the frustration of being the only one trying and constantly berated.

Pros

Vacations Benefits

Cons

Short breaks, poor management, climate of futility to advance

Good Pay, Long hours, Hard Unappreciated Work

You can make a lot of money here in a short amount of time, however you will be giving up all your life time. if you’re not working you’re sleeping, because you’re exhausted from working 6 days a week, 4-5 of the shifts usually being 12 hours mandatory overtime. Majorly understaffed and management does nothing to retain anyone. If you want to feel treated as another number, work a dead end factory job, this is your place. I don’t recommend.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Forced mandatory overtime

Terrible place to work

Work hard only to be worked even more. Management doesn’t care about anything but the numbers. They are scared because their managers will point fingers when numbers aren’t met.

Pros

Paid weekly

fun workplace

great work job for beginners i would recommend friends family strangers working here. the environment was good not many complaints of working here. there is

Great pay and benefits, that's all.

Entry level work there has great pay and benefits, and if a position opens up somewhere else and you want to go there, they'll promote you if you are a good fit for it. That's basically where the good stops, though.I started as a machine operator filling boxes with condiment packets. It was a great job at first. Stand there doing basically one easy task the whole shift. Don't have to deal with anyone, and no customers. Do your job and go home.But then the machines started breaking down, and it was my responsibility to fix them. If it was one of the very few things I wasn't trained to fix, a higher up engineer would come to fix it. That didn't happen often. And despite writing down what happened on the log like you're supposed to, not filling boxes with product counts against you and your production goal. If you don't meet those goals, you get written up and eventually fired.Of the 13 or 14 machines used for that particular job, only one was new when I started, and even it broke down from time to time. The fact that a billion dollar company can't afford to give their employees all new machines is sad. Those machines run 24/7, so breaking down will happen. But to blame the worker for the machine being ancient and not working regularly is a joke. One night in particular, the machine I was on broke down every 5 minutes, no exaggeration. Sometimes it would take 10 minutes to fix, sometimes an hour. But after starting it up again, 5 minutes later it would break. I think the longest it stayed running that night was 8 minutes. I successfully filled like 10 boxes of product that -

Pros

Pay, some perks especially around the holidays

Cons

Everything else.

The company needs improvement

If you work here. Just do you job and go home. Don't bother asking the management for anything. They will do what they want. Most of the people are grouchy l, untrusting.

Pros

Decent pay only

Cons

Everything there is a con. Most coworkers are horrible. Management is a joke.

It's good money if you don't mind working long hours

Working at the Kraft warehouse wasn't that bad. I was a machine operator and my duties was just to feed the machine the MIO bottles. It was a very easy assignment, but it was long hours; usually 10-12 Monday through Friday. However, we did get the weekend off with every once in a while having to come in on Saturday if 2nd shift fell behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kraft Heinz Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3K
1.2K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kraft Heinz Company.
Powered byComparably