Play YouTube video button

Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,351 reviews matching the search See all 3,287 reviews
Featured review
Kraft Heinz Company selected this as a representative review
Productive, busy and very competitive and it comes to running the lines
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 30, 2019
I really do like my job. I have always wanted to work for this company. The pace in the factory is very high skilled. You learn a lot from working on multiple lines that are not the same and running different products
Set up for failure
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anonymous locationJanuary 6, 2019
There is no work/ life balance, the culture is lacking (basically nonexistent), little to no support from upper management, cut-throat, high stress, terrible training process, confusing job duties, feel completely lost in my role, no guidance, not an enjoyable work environment, very few friendly faces. It's discouraging and hard to be motivated when your boss never shows up on time and ALSO leaves before me when I'm working way more hours than him or her.

Pros: benefits package
Pros
benefits package
Cons
no work/life balance, no support, bad culture, lack of training and development, terrible management
Established brands in a challenging environment
Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 27, 2018
Goals drive actions, decisions and behaviors. This can be good and inspiring, until there are conflicting priorities. Then ideally management and leaders help resolve, but sometimes it leads to churn and miscommunication.
Very new people in complex positions, there is limited training (as people move or leave and you have to jump in right away) and a lot of learning on the fly.
Opportunities to move, rotate and grow are there but is hard work.
Benefits
Cons
Limited work/life balance, tough environment with aggressive or unrealistic goals.
Plant has been good for me
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHSeptember 2, 2018
I have been here for over 20 years and the plant has been good to me. Paid my bills and raised a family. Despite all the changes, it is still a good job and I am treated well. Management is good and my coworkers are enjoyable.

It can get stressful at times because lines have to run and those that care react and keep the place successful.

Hope to finish off my next 3-5 years and retire from here. Hopefully the next generation will take care of it like I have.
Pros
Pay, benefits, good direction from managment
Cons
new people want top money from day 1 and I had to work up to get it
Good Job, Good People
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 14, 2018
Job is good despite what others say. Don't expect it to be easy but once you are at top wage, the money and benefits are excellent for the area. Hourly workers are in charge of most departments as salary is few. Union is good and fair also.

My only complaint is that we always run out of ingredients from corporate and then shut down, so I don't always get my hours.
Pros
Wages, benefits, culture, management, union
Cons
Ingredients that always run short costing me my hours
Production work
Neck splitter (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCSeptember 6, 2018
Working on a production line to process turkeys. Their are different departments that handle the bird differently and grinding and mixing the meat. It’s also another side to the building where the meat is now cooked and being boxed and shipped out to stores. Hours vary their sometimes you may work 12/14 hour shift and sometimes 8. Kraft have great benefits and 401k benefits. They work on a point system where you have a certain amount to start with before they run out and before you’re fired. Overall it’s a pretty good job just hard production work .
After the merged an ok company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Communication skills within the Organization are not the best for such a big Global Company. So sad to see Kraft culture go away. Very minimum opportunity for growth, development and career advancement.
Pros
Benefits were ok
Cons
Poor Management
Official response from Kraft Heinz Company
February 1, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. You are right, communication can always be better. I will pass your comments along to our leadership team. - Elizabeth

A company that needs to be more concerned with employee morale.
Lab Coordinator \ Analysis (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 2, 2018
Kraft/Heinz used to be a good place to work before Heinz took over. When they took over, they began taking all the benefits we had like retirement, bonuses, cost of living raises....and insurance is more expensive than ever and covers less. They really don't care for the employees.....they just want more.
Fun place and a lot of good people
Wing separator (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCFebruary 3, 2019
There was always room for promotion
People was good to work with
The hours was sometimes a little too long
The drive was too long considering the times you get off
It was a good job
Pros
Good benefits, good environment
Cons
The commute, stress on the hands from repetitive motions
Very good work hours, plenty overtime and less stressful
Sanitation/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 8, 2019
I love what I did in sanitation! The hours were very helpful and learned a whole lot from the company that help me to understand manufacturing and the difference from what I had done before
Pros
Good paying company! Very good benefits and bonus
Cons
Not enough overtime and less work hour along with very little vacation!
Requires a certain type of person
Corporate Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
Little work life balance. Be prepared for how zero based budgeting will affect the culture. The company is very upfront about the fact that the culture is not for everyone. As an intern, I worked 60 hour weeks.
Pros
Great compensation, lots of vacation
Cons
No perks, long hours
Good Place to work
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2018
Work hard and lots of extra time put in. Work environment so so. Pay moderate to competing companies. Benefits are good. Moderate turn over. Advancement opportunities moderate.
Fast workpace but good emplyees
Food Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 11, 2018
Hard work and fast paced. Employees are nice and respectful but there is a lack of management. Not much room for advancement.
Schedule can change from day to day making it hard to make plans
outside of work.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Schedule changes often making it hard to make plans outside of work
Productive and fun loving people to WORK around
Relief 3 (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCOctober 12, 2018
I was employed by KRAFT Heinz as a slicer operator on the mini shift and GOT transferred from mini shift TO first shift where the hours are more harsh for MY situation and I ended up losing MY job FOR attendance. I signed up for only 3 days and ended up getting terminated bc I miss too many days and lost too many points now I feel as though I'm bout to lose everything......
Pros
Free lunches and outstanding benefits
Cons
Cold environment
As bad as it gets - stay away at all costs
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
Kraft Heinz is, by far, the most toxic business I've ever worked for. A few examples:

-Overall compensation looks competitive until you realize that bonuses are tied to nearly unattainable goals.

-Management is not at all receptive to teams needs.

-Turnover is constant, and nearly everything is a broken mess due to this lack of continuity.

-Sycophants and short-term thinkers are not only tolerated but encouraged.

-The company is playing defense on most of its consumption categories as tastes change. Leadership pledges commitment to innovation, but then refuses to invest sufficiently in it.

-The sheer workload is immense. Most functions endure at least 10-hour days and will still find themselves behind.

-A select few will get promoted quickly, but this is more so because of astronomical turnover than meritocracy.

I would exhaust all other options before considering Kraft Heinz.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Work-life balance, turnover, culture toxicity, leadership
A decent company to work for , I left to get off night shift
Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 30, 2018
I left because of health reasons of being stuck on night shift, the overall job was not a bad place to work as a maintenance tech it was a good working environment. They provided the proper tools and parts to do a good and complete repair. benefits were not great but were inline with the area. Hr was not helpful and didn't do much for the employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 24, 2018
Good place to work. Pay was competitive with other companies. Good health insurance, including eye and dental.I received six weeks payed vacations. Reliable job, never got layed off in thirty years of service Was always treat with respect
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always work Saturdays
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2019
It is a good place to work. The management is fair, the salary is competitive and no day is the same. Positions evolve quickly and and learning is fast-paced.
Sr.Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2019
It was a great place to work. You get exposure to so many departments and learn new things everyday. Although it did seem like the work always increased but the pay raises stalled.
No family life but great money!
Op Tech (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOFebruary 11, 2019
Working 12 hour shifts was long and dreadful. If they didn't force us to work so much overtime it would have been barrable and easy to balance a work and family life, however due to always being short staffed we worked alot of 5 or 6 day weeks.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, 401K
Cons
Too much overtime
Official response from Kraft Heinz Company
February 14, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. Working long shifts are hard. I am glad that you felt that you were compensated appropriately. - Elizabeth

Recieved good income. Did not enjoy doing swing shifts constantly.
Quality analyst technician (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IASeptember 5, 2018
Loved the job itself. Did not like the hostile working enviroment. They had good benefits when i first started, but they ended up going under a new contract and changed it. Had a good communicative work relationship with my supervisor.
Pros
They had promotion opportunitys.
Cons
Healthcare. Never a steady working schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kraft Heinz Company. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight