Kraton Polymers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very challenging career
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Belpre, OHMarch 28, 2018
Kraton is a very good place to work. I am only pursuing a career elsewhere to relocate my family to the Carolinas. You can make a very comfortable living with this company. You will have to work shift work.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The chemicals
Productive work force
Accounts Payable Admin (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OH 45714January 16, 2018
I was a contractor at Kraton Polymers. I learned valuable information through my contract. I gained accounting knowledge throughout my placement at Kraton
Needs Changes in some areas
IP PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
Some cut throat people who are liars work here. Difficult to get to the real truth because management has a hard time work their weigh through the tons of bs that these liars spread. Thus, management cannot readily assess what is alternative facts as opposed to "facts".
Pros
Some Nice People Work Here
Cons
Some Evil People Work Here
Good salary poor management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Good technology platform and overall company to work for but poor management. Revolving door policy and now in financial stress. However good company to gain work experience. Good with software systems and providing support to sales.
Pros
Salary, people
Cons
Manangement
Stay away
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 3, 2017
Incredibly toxic culture. Management does not value their people. If they tell you they will make you a shift supervisor and move you into an engineering role, DO NOT believe them.
Just ok!
Plant Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHNovember 3, 2015
I worked for a great manager, but the rest of my team was just ok. Didn't feel like they were qualified. Benefits were good but always on the rise, just like everywhere else though.
Pros
My manager
Cons
Job was tedious
Professional, safe work environment
Lead Chemist (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHNovember 2, 2014
Kraton is a nice work environment. There are opportunities to grow and learn. The people there are what make that place great. Management has your best interest at heart.
Demeaning and Unwelcoming
IT admin (Former Employee) –  HoustonApril 12, 2014
You remember being taught how to drive a standard car with the impatient parent. Being your first day of a new school and you sat there hoping someone would talk to you but you realize you aren't welcomed because you are different. That is how it felt like working at Kraton. Double standards, people feeling the need to make others look bad to make themselves look better, gossip, isolation and oh how demeaning.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Unfriendly
Dynamic Workplace...
Senior IT Analyst and Desktop Support Tier III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2013
My experience at Kraton Polymers over the last 5 years was dynamic and I learned a lot about myself. I worked on various project from VMware, Citrix, SCCM, MDT, WSUS, SQL, Oracle, Kace, Lync, Windows 7 rollout to Desktop Support for 1,100 end-users globally.
Great pay, but you have to put up with alot of BS for the pay.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Park Row, Houston,TXAugust 5, 2013
Most of the Scientists are very nice and personable. The Lab technicians are for the most part very nice. You do have a few snakes in the grass when it comes to the tech's. They suck up to management to get ahead and will take credit for the work you do, if you are not careful. They will try to make you look bad and them look good to management. Very childish.
Upper mangaement definately looks down on the technicians. There is a division between the scientists and the technicians and inturn they treat the technicians like second class citizens.
Perception is how management looks at things when it comes to the tech's. If your asking another technician a question about work and a manager see's you talking you will get in trouble. It does not matter if it is about work. It is percieved that you are goofing off PERIOD!
HR and upper management are a huge problem at Kraton, well for the most part they are the only problem at Kraton!

Very Micromanaged, not a pleasent work enviroment when dealing with management, and treated very poorly if your a technician. Sorry, but telling it like it is!
Pros
Good pay and Benifits
Cons
Very micro-managed by HR and some department managers.
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Belpre, OhioSeptember 17, 2012
I am currently a contractor looking for more stable work. Right now I do not have any benefits (for example, medical insurance, vacation/sick days, etc.) I truly enjoy working here, I just need something more permanent.
Balance of general purpose and innovative SBC technologies
Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2012
Innovative company with extensive R&D resources and polymer technology is applicable to wide range of applications.

Very high turnover, little to zero career path or development. Not a comfortable work environment and minimal organized product training.

Above average compensation.