Kratos Defense Employee Reviews

Good first job out of college
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 19, 2019
Kratos / Digital Fusion was a really good first job in a new career field. They helped me get my security clearance and get myself established in the world of DoD.
Toxic and Intimidating Work Environment
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 23, 2019
My biggest complaint about working at Kratos was that management in particular would throw employees under the bus and more specifically the boss I reported to directly. The place was crawling with ex military/retired military personnel who couldn't make decisions to save their souls. The place was a hostile and toxic work environment and by far the worst place I have ever worked. Word to the wise, stay clear of Kratos, there are much better places to work and very few, if any companies out there that are worse.
Pros
Commute to work
Cons
Too many to list
Dedicated to company mission, values, and vision
Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 14, 2019
Kratos is dedicated to delivering value added services in a flexible work environment, in keeping with company mission, company vision,and company values.
Terrible environment!!!
Systems Analyst/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2019
If you take a job there be prepared to be overworked and NOT BE PAID FOR THE COUNTLESS EXTRE HOURS YOU WORK..... The leadership will hang you out to dry any chance they can. You are just a number to them... they don’t care about your home/family life. If you have a chance to leave, they will try to offer you more money to stay..... DONT FALL FOR IT!!!
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Cons
Micromanaging, ZERO chance for advancement
Management need to be replaced - all of them
Eng (Former Employee) –  Roseville/Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2018
Silo mentality, poor management, biased/cliquish, childish and petty behavior from human resources management, engineering, and business development. Frankly, these people couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag without instructions. Just put a revolving door on this place with all the people who have left and if you're a quality person in search of a meaningful place to work, this ISN'T the place. Run fast and far away from the Sacramento and Roseville facilities. The parent company needs to wake up and clean this nest of vipers out.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible management, toxic work environment
Venomous and Toxic
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
Awesome product miserable work environment. Within days of starting with Kratos the firings became apparent. The VP was recently fired, stockroom employees and every position in between, literally, people in every department were fired and others flat out walked away from their position. Are they that poor at making hiring decisions??? No. They are simply a venomous company to work for. I've never seen so many people fired from a company. It is not the people being let go it is the company making poor decisions, in most cases.

I've been in the job force for decades and never before in my career have I seen such overturn within a company. Never before have I seen so many people fired for seemingly no reason. In most cases from what I discovered these firings were personal, not professional. If you are not loved for any reason they will push you out. Early on I was called into HR to report on another employee. I described exactly what I saw, which is to say what I saw was not out of line or not professional. I saw nothing wrong. A week later the guy was fired proving they let you go for personal reasons regardless.

The place is horribly managed, lacks modern tools to do your job and in the rare instance when a new tool is acquired they still want you to use their old, archaic tools from the 90s because there is absolutely no forward thinking or real process improvement.

If you like stress, employees who turn on you and back stab you, teammates who throw you under the buss, horrible management who rejects sound suggestions, yelling, chaos, favoritism, low-level employees
  more... who sway senior management, if you are slightly sadistic and over-all enjoy a toxic and venomous environment, then by all means this is the place for you.

If, however, you want to work in an understanding and supportive environment, one who works with you not against you and a place you can feel comfortable in, then please look elsewhere.

The majority of the employees are great; the majority of the management and leads are just plain rotten. Even if you seemingly fit in there trust me it is not worth it.
Pros
Interesting product that's all
Cons
Everything bad about a toxic environment
Awesome
BMS SIL Site Manager Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAJune 24, 2018
Loved working for them. They provided plenty of growth opportunities for me and treated me with a great deal of respect. Would highly recommend anyone to work for them.
Felt like a trusted employee
Industrial Enginnering Technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 22, 2018
Really enjoyed working for Kratos. Had the opportunity to have three different positions within the company and felt I had the opportunity to advance. I never felt micromanaged, and whenever I had a concern or idea, management always listened and was open to new ideas. They offered very competitive benefits package vs. other Govt contractors I have worked for.
Pros
Job security, management was open-minded, benefits package, not micromanaged
Cons
A little lower on pay vs. civilian counterparts doing same work
You Don’t Stand a Chance
Rather Not Say (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 11, 2018
I’ve been here just a few months and I’ve seen 3 top level managers get fired. The company is growing so fast, but they write checks with empty promises and production can’t build the contracts. It’s cut-throat, I’ve been backstabbed, ignored, made fun of, left out, and it is awful.
Pros
Good culture, people love the product.
Cons
Dhishonest management, lack of communication in all areas, cramped seating infested with bugs, can’t concentrate.
Challenging and Fun
System Administrator/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Kratos is a great place to work!!!! Its a family of folks that are all fun to work around. Its challenging but satisfying when you accomplish your goals.
Pros
Free dental
Productive and fast paced
Project Superintendent/ Intrem Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Kratos is a high end security solutions company. They deal with all type of security from access control to intercom/ code blue systems, to security camera/ recording systems. Deadlines are taken very seriously and Kratos strives to meet all deadlines. This sometimes means late evening and weekend work as well.
Kratos is a great company
Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 10, 2017
Kratos paid well and was well managed and I enjoyed my time witth Kratos. I was able to run projects, over material and have total control of the projects in TN.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
laid off
Position to learn
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 30, 2017
Kratos defense was a place that gave its employees opportunity to grow. Very positive place to work. Management cared about their workers. The pace was slow but had plenty of potential.
Lack of Management and Support from Corporte
Security account Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
This seems to me a great company to work with but upper management keep making changes and wrong desitions, a lot of turnover and downsizing branches. No support and all about pressure to make numbers.
Pros
Benefits, lunch breaks, PTO and matching 401K
Cons
Lack of support, bad reputation
Kratos
National Buyer/Service Admin Billing (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 11, 2017
Kratos divisions are not in uniform and it makes for a very frustrating work place. It seem all of the employees have their own way of doing things which includes billing.
Pros
Benefits are average but not the worse.
Cons
Horrible management
Good but needs work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2017
Good supervisor. Go in do your work. No one bothers you. Leads are helpful and so is the supervisor. Good working environment. Better pay is needed. When they get low on work, start looking for another job.
Bunch of snakes ( san diego, CA office)
Accounting (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2017
I didn't work there long, but during my stint there, encountered snickers and sneers, things being said about you to other employees but in an ambiguous way, and let us not forget how expendable you are!
What ever you do, do not confront anyone that you hear with your own ears saying derogatory things about you). They will start crying and call you intimidating. Then the Kevin Walden (c.i.o.) will hear said employee there whimpering about it...but never hearing what this employee said to warrant their now hurt feelings and you will be let go without explanation. Don't you just love the at-will California state?
Also, NEVER believe the managers when they say they your job is secure. Though this is what they tell you to your face, they're already looking online for your replacement. There are at least hundreds of terminations a DAY! So that should give you an indication of how valued you are. (The majority of them are involuntary)
So my advice to anyone considering this company, you will experience bullying, you will be lied to by people who come off as sincere, and the egos there are easily bruised. So you basically have to grit and bear it for at least 6 months until you gain the experience, but after that RUN!!!!!!
Pros
Location to restaurants
Cons
Very clique-ish, newbies opinions arent considered, CIO has nothing better to do but walk around all the time
It's what they don't tell you that matters
technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2016
Like technicians are only paid if they work on billable jobs: If there is no work scheduled, you don't get paid but are expected to be available and "on Call" for after hours service.
Management will promise the world and deliver nothing just to get the job or appease the employee(or potential new employee). Typical back stabbing from others so CYA.
Work life balance: no! You are expected to leave your company phone on 24x7 and be available for calls. If you don't answer, your in deep stuff.
Pros
ok employee benefits
Cons
never off the job and don't get paid if you dont work on a billable job.
A ok job
Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 20, 2016
Kratos was a ok job a very easy job.
The Management never came to check on the employees and never gave raises. Its a very underpaid job
Pros
Great Health insurance Off on Holidays and Weekends
Cons
Terrible Pay and the management sucked they didnt care about the employees
Management Through Intimidation Orlando Simulation
Management (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2016
The Good Ole Boy network thrives in this dysfunctional work environment. If you're not part of it prepare to be bullied when asked to do the impossible.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Work environment and location