Kreider Services Employee Reviews

The clients are amazing to work with. Lots of outings and i enjoyed seeing them when they woke up in the mornings.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILMarch 11, 2019
I will be completely honest. If you arent best friends with your supervisor they will have no problem letting you go meaning fire you for anything. They knew how well i worked with the clients. They knew the clients liked me but instead of fixing my time sheet and possibly giving me a suspension they fired me on the spot. I guarantee tho if managment liked the way i worked in the clients home they would had kept me instead of firing me.
Comfortable, welcome by all
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILNovember 16, 2018
Working with people with special needs changes everyday, you can not make a plan than will go entirely that way. The clients decide how the day will go. The management is great. The clients come first for this company. The most enjoyable part about the job is the clients themselves. This company goes above and beyond to make sure their clients have what they need, and all their desires come true. The hardest part of the job is not feeling sorry for the clients, but actually trying to help them.
Enjoyed the Clients
RESIDENTIAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILOctober 11, 2018
Administration cares about the clients and do what is necessary to provide a sense of normality in the community. Their outreach programs with the community is wonderful.
Pros
The clients
Cons
low wages
Good Place to Work
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILAugust 18, 2018
I loved working for my boss, she was amazing! They really care about the individuals that work there and emphasize staff safety as well. Good culture to work in and a rewarding job.
Satisfying work place
Direct Support Care (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILJune 26, 2018
The job at Kreider was very satisfying especially when you were able to assist clients to reach their independent goals.
Company was fair and enjoyed working there. I left my position due to moving out of state but I really enjoyed my job there.
Great place to work, but not enough people so too many hours
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILApril 9, 2018
Working 12-18 hours a day got to be too much. I love the clients, but I had my own family to focus on also.
The amount of employees to clients is a very poor ratio.
horrible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILJuly 14, 2017
This company does not care about their clients nor their employees. They are constantly begging you to work overtime because their turn over rate is horrible. They do not solve any issues if they are personal or have to do with other co-workers, they just fire someone without investigating anything.
Pros
Connections with the clients
Cons
company is horrible to employees
Working with the individuals we serve is what makes it all worth it
HR Generalist/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILMarch 1, 2017
I enjoy my job, and working with the people we serve. My day normally starts with about 2 - 3 clients stopping by to say good morning and then I deal with my job the rest of the day.
A lot of drama
Hab-Tech (Former Employee) –  Amboy, ILJanuary 2, 2017
Not a great place to work if you are a dedicated family member. Was forced into double shifts often when employees would just not show up. Was treated rudely when there was a family emergency. If you needed to take time off for illness you were not treated well. The pay and benefits were decent and the residents were a joy to be around. There was an incredible amount of drama between the staff members. Many of the staff loved their jobs and had been there for over a decade. Turn around rates were high but not as high as other CNA jobs. There is a chance to advance and if one is unhappy in the home they are working in they can move to another home with an opening in the company.
easy place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 4, 2015
You get to work for people who need help. most of the time you work at your own pace. your client is your boss. Hardest part of job was when client was sick and I was trying to make them happy
Assist clients to their fullest abilities
Daily Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILMay 31, 2015
Great place to work. Good benefits as well as retirement plan. Very rewarding. Does not pay well, but does have advancement opportunities.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Wages
Amazing population served.
Director Green Development (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILMay 6, 2015
We created a business unit in service to persons with developmental disabilities including veterans. The social service aspect has difficulty with integrating commercialization. Over a period of time this will evolve and it is gratifying to see the success of advancing the infrastructure with third party certifications. This effort also has found a place as a State vendor which saves the State money and also employs persons with barriers to conventional employment as well as those with advanced skills.
One on One client
Direct Support Perfessional (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILFebruary 19, 2015
I work with a one on one client it was challenge but and experience.
The co-workers were great. Company is to work for. I love working their.
Pros
Like one on one.
Cons
Not enough hours
Very rewarding helping individuals to reaching their fullest potential
Direct Support Person (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Not a job to get rich, but personally rewarding to be able to help and teach people with disabilities. The hourly wage for Habilitation Technician leaves much room for improvement, but is to be expected with many non-profit organizations.
An excellant place for developmentally disabled adults to grow.
Habitation Technologist, Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILDecember 30, 2014
I would start my day in the developmentally disabled adults' home. Pass meds, assist with their activities of daily living, cook breakfast, clean up and drive them to our work place. Depending on the skill levels, the adults would go to their specified room for the day. We would work on strengthening their skills during the day; then drive them back home where the evening aides would be waiting. I moved south after working there for a couple of years. My manager states that my position will always be there waiting.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, excellant management, competative pay
conflicted
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILNovember 23, 2014
I cared for adults with disabilities, and i loved my clients, and in the beginning i even loved my supervisor. when she retired everything went down hill. clients needs were not being met, certain staff were being favored, other staff were taking on additional duties to cater to the favored staff, and then being falsely accused of things the supervisor had done. I still love my clients, but i lost my job defending them. months later when upper management noticed the abuse was ongoing they fired the real culpret, my supervisor. unfortunately i was not the only victim of termination under false pretenses, but Kreider is not willing to rectify the problem.
Pros
great cause, wonderful people
Cons
difficult management
Working in this job can be very difficult but very rewarding personally.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILNovember 16, 2014
I started my day at a group home getting everyone up for work. I helped get them up and dressed and assisted them with breakfast. After breakfast was cleaned up we loaded the bus and I drove the clients to work. From there we unloaded the clients and directed them to their work station. I had the enjoyment of working with 8 clients that had limited capabilities. Throughout the day I assisted in activities and lunch along with personal hygiene. After the work day was over I helped load the clients on the buses and drove them back to their group home. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my clients smile when I walked through the door. Knowing I was a positive part of their life meant a lot to me. The hardest part of the job was keeping the clients happy when sometimes it was out of my reach.
LPN, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dixon,ILNovember 3, 2014
My typical day consisted of following up on clients. Making sure all appointments/labs are completed and followed up on. I wrote 6 month and annual reviews. Meet with the entire team and guardians to discuss their medical condition, where there are now and what to look forward to the up and coming year. I did assessments on clients annually. I worked the med-room at the main building as needed, usually a couple times a week. I was on-call a few times a month. Once every 8 weeks I was on call for the weekend and worked a 12 hours shift at one of our most medically challenged homes (g-tubes). I learned that documentation in vital and in any situation be as complete in your assessment as possible. The most enjoyable part of my job was collaborating with co-workers and spending time with my clients as much possible. Take time, enjoying your job and the people in it. The hardest part of my job was trying to stay on top of everything and taking calls and caring for clients I knew very little to nothing about.
Pros
Great boss/co-workers, many outside work related activities, benefits were good
Cons
heavy load, little pay
Fun Working Place
ADSP (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 12, 2014
Taking care of the clients and being able to be a reason they smiled that day is amazing! I have learned so much about the different spectrum's while working here. The hardest part about the job is not knowing exactly how to make a client comfortable when they can not verbally express their emotions. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I am helping someone smile.
Rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 4, 2014
The best part of this job is the rewarding feeling that comes along with it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kreider Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Kreider Services Reviews by Location