Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
teacher training
Certified yoga teacher (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MAApril 29, 2018
I was on a 14 hr/day
one month intensive basic yoga teacher certification course.
I learned a lot of self-discipline, and made lasting friendships.
the physical challegense were the hardest.
Pros
so many!- camaraderie, yoga skills, sexcellent food.
Cons
no breaks!
I love this job
Office (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, MAMarch 7, 2018
I've been working at Kripalu for 5 years. It's been a wonderful experience... I have been provided excellent training opportunities and have made great advancements in my career. I would recommend anyone to come work here! I've enjoyed the gorgeous property, delicious food and world class yoga classes available to all employees.
Pros
SUCH good food, training and advancement opportunity
Cons
Benefits could be more robust
Great Benefits
Food and Dining (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, MAMarch 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Kripalu. You're being paid minimum but the benefits are a plus. Working for their Food and Dining Services, some of the benefits included free yoga, programs and free meals. To me, it was a privilege to work at Kripalu and I would most definitely go back and work there.
Pros
Free meals, yoga, good employee discount, and discounted programs
Cons
The pay is minimum wage
Dining Room Server
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, MADecember 15, 2017
Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations.
Maintain serving line with food during meal hours.
Report all maintenance and equipment needs to shift supervisor.
Maintain communication during service with cooks team to ensure continuous supply of food for buffet line.
special place in my heart
Kripalu Shop Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, MANovember 15, 2017
kripalu was (and still is) a family to me. working with an organization like that, you cant help but feel the magic. it was hard at times, but what job isn't? definitely a rewarding place to be.
Kripalu is a horrible place to work if you want a successful career
SUPERVISOR KRIPALU HEALING ARTS DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, MAOctober 16, 2017
Kripalu will do nothing for your life but run you into the ground. The final straw for we was not them taking away our pay or refusing to give us raises. It wasn't the compete ineptitude of the Executive team. It wasn't the long hours or the massive amount of work. It was all of that combined with the fact that i was sexually harassed and they basically told me that it was my fault. Horrible Mission, horrible company.
Pros
they have a nice view of the area
Cons
Short sided, unfair, low wages, long hours, inept managers and directors, little benefits, no direction.
Great place to work, enjoy the benefits!
Mindfullness facilitator (Current Employee) –  ShadowbrookJune 2, 2017
Your coworkers and managers are great. You can take 5 programs a year, and in snowstorms they let you sleep over so you will be safe to get to work in the AM. The grounds are awesome and the meals are great too. Only $5 per meal for employee. Great vegetarian selection. The pay is really low, almost minimum wage, and they did away with Christmas bonuses this year. They do hire from within and you can start off with some of the less desirable jobs like guest services, food services or housekeeping, and prove yourself, and it's easy to move up and out of that department. It's definitely a "left wing" workplace. so if you are right wing, better keep your politics to yourself. Kripalu is very gay and trans friendly, and they do strive for racial diversity, although in the Berkshires that can be hard to achieve. I've been here 5 years. There's also an exercise room you can use, and kayaking in the summer.
Pros
food, ground, view, coworkers, love
Cons
low pay, no more bonuses, towels too small
Environment was great
Healing Arts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, MAApril 29, 2017
Being in an environment where well being was a focus was very enriching for the soul. The pros slipped away under new management unfortunately and the environment alone could no longer hold me.
Co workers and atmosphere were great
Reservationist and Housing Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, MAJanuary 4, 2016
I learned so much at this job and bring those skills into my daily life. I learned customer service, empathy, to listen and patience.
Pros
Great folks and benefits
Cons
It takes a lot of energy from you
Awesome!
Director of Online Learning (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, MADecember 14, 2015
I love Kripalu...the people and what we all delivered is amazing, unique and of great value to our customers. Working at Kripalu is a blessing.
Pros
Yoga and deep wisdom education is the product
A beautiful place to meditate and just be present.
food service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, MAJune 1, 2015
I have been working at Kripalu for almost 5 years and i really enjoy it, i have met many people over the years, all different with different life experiences.
Working at kriplau have made me see life in a different way that i was seeing it before, it really changed my life's point of view.
it made me learned a lot about myself that i did not know, communicate with my co-workers was the main thing we did.
This jobs is not hard unless you are in a bad mood.
I make sure the work environment is in a positive state.
I just enjoy working with my team, and they enjoy working with me as their leader.
Pros
We get to eat every meal for free.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight