Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews

different work environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2018
working at Krispy Kreme was a great experience for me. i got to learn the process of making those delicious donuts. and i enjoyed the fact that i was able to make a persons day with a fresh glazed donut. there was nothing hard about the job except maybe lifting the heavy flour bags. overall it was one of my favorite jobs i had over the years.
Productive and fun
Love driving (Former Employee) –  Cobcord pike and DuPont highwayApril 17, 2018
Whwn drivibg on the roads, the drivers are not promising that we'll return Home. Long morning hours hoping and praying that we will return home safely. Krispy Kreme CEO had eyes on us and cared forall employees
Pros
Always Liked the varieties of donuts and coffee
Cons
Long nights, on slippery and icy cold roads etc
Great experience for a first Job
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 11, 2018
The job provided me with an enjoyable day to day routine. A very diverse place to work in. I learned the basics of working with food and customer service.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Fifteen minute breaks
Not payed enough
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 8, 2018
you aren't payed enough for the work being done and no room to advance well at least my location. It was a cool job but only recommend for a young highschooler.
Not worth the money
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEApril 7, 2018
No days off, benefits & management were poor. The franchise is still growing, and have not planted there feet enough to offer complete job security, and or proper rules, or regulations.
Great place free doughnuts
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2018
Great work environment, work as much as you want receive free doughnuts and beverages. The work environment is comfortable management is great they are very understanding and willing to help everyone do their job.
Pros
Doughnuts :)
I enjoyed it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 6, 2018
My boss was very nice. They worked great with my full time job! If I wanted a day off and I put it in I usually got it! Our boss bought us Thanksgiving food when we had to work on Thanksgiving!
Aweful
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 5, 2018
Does not take care of their management team. Expected to do mechanical maintenece on all the equipment. Has no regard for the employees family life or health. Owes back pay to many employees and changes the bonus structure for the managers making it impossible to bonus, which is part of the pay stucture promised at interview. Does not take care of the construction of the property causing issues with utility workers and Health department. Very dishonest upper management. No support system to go to.
Cons
had fun with fundraisers school tours
ASSSITANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 4, 2018
Krispy Kreme was a very enjoyable work place. Our everyday goal was to interact with our customers make sure our goals were meet (food cost ,labor fundraisers) while working with this amazing company I had the opportunity to learn the process in creating our famous Krispy Kreme donut and got to learn new managing experience. The hardest part of the job was to make sure our machine didn't break down.
Pros
free donuts, holidays off, every other weekend off
Cons
healthcare, 401k
Cut throat
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 3, 2018
No Job security. You never knew if it would be your last day which became stressful. Poor training Supervisors and managers didn't know what was going on half of the time. Drama filled work environment for 10 hours a day sometimes 12 or 13 never knew what time you are getting off. Some days you wouldn't get a break. Only thing that matter to the Managers was making doughnuts not your personal well Being. Never felt appreciated or never heard of a great job that we did no encouragement always negative.
Pros
40 hours Plus
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Managment skills
Not enough direction after training
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2018
The training was very well done. Meeting all my expectations. After training they offered very little direction and follow up. They did not care about work life balance or any other personal issues.
Fast paced demanding environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
Busy from start to finish most days. Learned to work hard and smart. Management insured that customer service was the top priority. The workplace culture was one that’s outcome oriented. The hardest part of the job was meeting demands with a happy smile. Most enjoyable part of the job was the store discounts.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Short breaks
it was okay..
Processor & Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAApril 2, 2018
They claim to be flexible, but they change the schedule frequently. Customers can be very aggressive. It can either be a very fast pace environment or very slow. Always understaffed. Hard to advance.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
understaffed and management
Easy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2018
Working at Krispy Kreme was fun at times and easy. Its not a demanding job. Majority of the Customers are rude. Great co-wokers but unprofessional working environment.
Pros
I was able to make my own schedule.
Intense Workplace No Laughing,Strict
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLApril 1, 2018
It was a very strict place where I particularly could not enjoy myself not laugh or enjoy myself there I got my work done But was still very strict. Unfair.
Pros
Free Fountain Drinks, Employee discount
Busy and fast paced
Production specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 28, 2018
Your day at the job depends on your coworkers, if you have coworkers that are friendly and helpful then the shift can go by smoothly. but if you are working with people who have poor work ethics it can be very stressful.
Pros
free donuts and drinks
Cons
you typically may not get to take breaks
Horrible place to work at this company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2018
Working here in San Francisco California KK sucks I did my training in Daily city for 2 months in half until we open the New Store in San Francisco California the hours, we're good at the beginning until we moved to the big city my hours went from 40 to 3 days a week and then 2 now only 1 day a week I talk to my production Manager to see if I could get more hours but when I looked at my schedule for next week I saw the same thing no changes what so ever .why stress my self for a company that does not want to take care of their hard ,loyal workers always on time if im running late I always call and show up to work .

Mean while I don't understand why they are so many managers related to one another that makes think wtf.or they have relatives working at the same store location what's up with that Dont get it also people should not wear headphones while you work at all times its very rude for your coworkers seems that management dont even care and that tells you that mabagers should have more professional standers but they dont they are stupid ,lazy and they dont even know how to be a manager .
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
Poor managmment skills
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Krispy Kreme. I was a fun and exciting place to work. Varied tasks in my roles there from R&D to Store Operations. Opportunity to travel
Cons
krispy kreme is not a very good place to work at
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 26, 2018
krispy kreme has a lot of flaws , the management is very poor the managers dont really do their jobs as managers they spend most of their times on their phones and hardly communicate with customers and employees . a few people work at krispy kreme making it harder for everyone else because they have to do more than what they are paid for with very low hours and a very low pay .
Cons
short to no breaks, poor management, low pay, low hours
productive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 26, 2018
you are mostly always working while working at Krispy Kreme. Their are many differnt things for you to do so you won't be bored unless everything is already done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

44out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Krispy Kreme.