Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews

Found 1,421 reviews matching the search See all 1,857 reviews
Fun people but bad management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2018
I loved my coworkers but the management was terrible. Getting days off was easy, but finding someone last minute was hard. A good work environment for teens
Pros
Free donuts and drinks on the clock
Cons
Short breaks, management
Great at First till pay commission resru
Route Driver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VANovember 15, 2018
Was a great job at first. Until December of 2015/2016 corporate shows up to the branch to inform employees, that the commission scale was unfair, and that even though company was profitable, there still needed to be a pay restructure. A lot of politics old branch manager seem to be wrongfully terminated.
Pros
Discount on donuts
Cons
Krispy Kreme was an enjoyable place to work.
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Krispy Kreme and liked the people there. Much has changed since I left and it is not possible for me to evaluate it. The people I know who still work there tell me that they enjoy it.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
None to mention.
Ok at times
Production Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 13, 2018
Krispy Kreme wasn't completely terrible, the main problem was management was sub par so certain things would happen through of a shift that was completely unnecessary.
Slow and poor communication
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 12, 2018
We don’t have any benefits nor do we have proper documentations to people getting sick or having to be out of work. I don’t really enjoy my job. All the people I work for are in high school and don’t like to work, so it makes my job very stressful.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non working people
Perfect place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNNovember 9, 2018
Krispy Kreme was always fast paced and had fun people to work with and able to meet and greet customers and make their experience great! Always making sure customers came and had the best time being there’
Pros
Free doughnuts after work
Cons
Short breaks, fast paced, and stressful and some points.
Fun workplace just slightly unprofessional
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 8, 2018
Overall Krispy Kreme is a great place to work. You build relationships with your managers and coworkers while getting paid. Although it can be slow with not much to do at times, it is still a great place to work.
Krispy cream in layton is very dirty
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 6, 2018
I worked there and in my time there I was promised full time did not happen . Was not trained . Was told to to do the doughnuts better as in dip them better but was never really told the correct way to do it . I seen a very dirty break room . Lazy manager's and employee's touching the dougnuts with there bare hands. The frosting was never changed they just kept adding more to the crusty frosting mixer. The kid making the dough did not wear golves. Also never seen them clean the fryer for the doughnuts. There was frosting and old doughnuts under the machine and it just was a very dirty environment. I get places get dirty but this just is a not clean place all around . I would not work there . It could be a great company if people cared about the buisness and kept it clean .But that is not the case here .
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
Everything else
Hostile, negative work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLNovember 4, 2018
I honestly don't know why they hire new people. The managers that are there and the co workers who are there are so mean and disrespectful to any new person. They curse, they yell, they literally push you to quit. It's like they don't want any new people. They had a big HIRING spree..less than 3 months later, they had to have another. That tells you everything you need to know. I lasted less than 2 months. The work environment pits worker against worker. CUT THROAT. Hostile and stressful work place. Stay away.
Pros
Full shifts 7/8 hours
Cons
Rude coworkers..bad management..low hourly pay
Do not work here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Montville, CTNovember 4, 2018
I started to work here because my friend at the time got a job here and told me this job was simple. However, I watched after working here for a year dozens of people come and go MONTHLY. The longer I stayed here the more that was expected of me, to the point that I was basically a supervisor being paid as a regular cashier. It is disgusting and gross the sanitary standards are so low DO NOT EAT HERE. Serving the people feels like a rip off due to the low standards. If I was taught one thing in my time at Krispy Kreme it was definitely quantity over quality.
Productive and fun work place
RETAIL AND PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 2, 2018
Some days are fast paced, but most days are slow
I learned how to multitask better
Great collaboration most of the time
Managers are very willing to work with you but sometimes they can be very rude and disrespectful
Pros
20% discount at MyFroYo and Krispy Kreme plus 2 free donuts each shift
Cons
You almost never get a break
nice environment
Retail Specialist/Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILOctober 31, 2018
nice little environment to work and chill. The staff there is very nice and helps you through out the day. very kind and willing to give you some advice
Pros
relaxing environment
Cons
customers can be rude
Fun place to work.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAOctober 29, 2018
Exciting and challenging work environment. Manager has to wear many hats. Production factory for delivery and retail. Open 24 hours.
Fast paced. responsible for keeping equipment running. Had to utilize mechanical skills to repair all equipment.
Pros
Fun. Exciting. Great product.
Cons
Open 24 hours.
Unhealthy work environment
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 29, 2018
It was ok as a first job definitely will not be able to live off of Krispy-Kreme checks
It’s a nice little part time for extra money
Over time is not allowed a lot
Pros
By the mall so always busy
Cons
One break
Easy job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDOctober 27, 2018
This job really is not a hard one. It's doughnuts after all. Just work hard and follow the rules and you'll do great. It's a relaxed work environment and everyone is friendly and easy to work with. All the managers are really nice and actually care about you.
Pros
Free doughnuts and coffee, flexible hours
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, WAOctober 24, 2018
It’s mainly for young people who like to be on their feet for 8 hours straight and have good customer service. You can make good money they start off with 8.50
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Schedule might be tight
Productive and quick paced working place
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2018
Krispy Kreme is wonderful and you’ll always stay busy no matter what from the sales to cleaning. The environment is friendly and welcoming. We are commited to team work and getting orders correct.
Pros
Free dozen doughnuts every week
Cons
No overtime
Wasnt for me
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
Its a really easy job, a little too easy...
Basically sit there all day waiting for customers to come in makes time go by waayyy too slow so slow that the coffe goes old before you can serve 2 cups
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2018
Not a place to advance the managers could decide where to put you a the shifts kept changing and you hardly had enough hours to work has to much drama
productive and welcoming work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 16, 2018
Krispy Kreme is a welcoming and comforting workplace. All of the works perform excellent and fast past service to the customers. It’s a friendly environment to work together with other people. The managers and customers are always keeping the workplace clean, neat and organized.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight