Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews

Found 1,377 reviews matching the search See all 1,797 reviews
Great Opportunity to Positively Impact Others' Lives
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Krispy Kreme is an overall wonderful company that experienced an upper level management shift during my time there. I grew personally with the company in business management and culture building. A typical day was spent in every area of operation which, when the team was short, was challenging to do successfully. The hardest part of the job was balancing work and family since the job itself has a constant demanding cycle. The most enjoyable part of working at a producing Krispy Kreme location was seeing the faces light up when everyone saw hot doughnuts coming down the line or seeing a team member reach a goal.
Pros
Free Doughnuts and coffees
Cons
Hard to get breaks, hard to keep team members with low wages and high demands
A good place to work
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38125September 20, 2018
Krispy Kreme was a great place to work. It always smells good there. The thing that I enjoyed the most was the customers, they were always excited about getting doughnuts. Mangement was okay, not the best.
bad management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 17, 2018
they expect you to never be sick or never have something come in to where you can’t come in. the manager has told some of us that our work needs to come before family. my hours were cut once bc my grandmother had passed away and I asked for one day off. later in the future, my hours were cut bc my grandfather was rushed to the emergency room and I needed to be there.
Pros
free donuts
Cons
bad hours, short breaks
Pretty okay place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 15, 2018
Employees tended to lack good work ethic, often lazy and uncompromising. Management was awful, no logic used in leadership and very poor communication skills. I would not work there again if given the choice.
Pros
Free doughnuts while on the clock and free dozen a week.
Cons
Short breaks, bad management.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 15, 2018
Good first job, management sucked to put it lightly. The other employees were nice and helpful. the customers are non-forgiving and greedy. Wouldn't work here again ever
Excellent work place with flexible hours and considerate management.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRSeptember 10, 2018
This was my first job experience and I had a great time. The management was great and the hours were adjusted to my schedule. I provided great service to all of our customers, I would 100% recommend Krispy Kreme to a friend.
It’s a fun work place. Smelling and being around doughnuts you get to try new things and meet new people from all over.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Working at Krispy Kreme you have to do a lot of things like Stocking drinks, doughnuts, cups, ice, and coffee. It is also fun at the same type because you’re always surrounded by doughnuts. Like i said before you learn new things and meet new people.
Pros
They give hours
Cons
Short staff
It was a fun place to work.
PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2018
They struggled with communication and structure. Extremely short staffed. So I was picking up a lot of slack. They lied about a promotion for months. Also lied about applying for a pay raise because I was picking up so much slack. The manager named people to blame and then a higher manager came in to tell me he had lied about the whole thing. Over all the atmosphere was okay besides extremely stressed everyone hated the job and the way they were treated but they stuck together.
Pros
Free donuts, okay pay
Cons
Very poor management, hour cuts, no communication
It’s fun to work here
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 7, 2018
I like to work here. They believe in team work n all employees cooperate wd each other.they have good management n customer service. Manager is very friendly wd all employees.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Short break
I love it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
It's such an awesome job, great benefits, hours, and environment. Management is easy going, feels like an family & home. I wish I could go back... . .......
Cons
Hay mucha discriminación racial hacía los hispanos
Commissary- Loadout Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 5, 2018
Cambiar al mánager. Qué traten a los hispanos con respecto, con igualdad y que no amenacen con echar al empleado por opinar cuando algo está mal.
Pros
Cada 3 años nos dan una semana más de vacaciones.
Cons
Sólo se trabajan 35 horas a la semana. Tratan muy mal a los empleados.
No work life balance
Route Salesperson/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Some routes are short others are long and everyone gets the same commission not good if you have a long route. They should also have someone else load trucks
Productive, fun place to work, learn new things
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Krispy Kreme is a great place to work, had lots of drama but what place doesn’t. Very entertaining and you needed to have lots of attention to detail . Overall a great and fun place to work.
Pros
Free doughnuts, flexible schedules
Cons
Drama
Eh they okay the district manager likes to be touchy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Overall a mess , unorganized, and understaff , poorly managed , no training they kinda throw you in on the fly , quick learner should be required well recommend
Pros
You get money for working there
Cons
Discombobulated
life lessons
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 1, 2018
its a good first job it teaches you self love because it teaches you to stand up for yourself when working here you will realize what kind of person you are your ethier the one who does all the work and basically keeps that place togather or your hiding in the office or the dish room playing on your phone
Pros
free donuts on pay day
Cons
over worked
Krispy Kreme
TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Fantastic restaurant to work for. Management is very caring and understanding. Its a great place to start employment coming out of High School without any work experience.
It's okay
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 31, 2018
The managers aren't mean and the customers aren't rude. You'll have to wear the Krispy Kreme uniform which consists of dark colored jeans, slip resistant shoes, an apron, a hat, a shirt given to you, and you haveto wear your hair in a net. Also can't wear nail polish or acrylic nails.
Pros
Employee discount, free donuts, opportunity to get promoted
Cons
None really. I just don't like it.
Production
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 31, 2018
Decent job not hard at all just work and put your mind to it and you will not have a hard time. It’s easy to learn and a great job to have. Pays great every week.
overworked for the pay
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 30, 2018
was asked several times to work extra hours which I did not mind, but 16 hours straight without a break was overwhelming. Decided it was not a healthy environment.
Pros
customer service and new experience
Cons
overworked
It wasn't a dream job, but my experience wasn't bad, it was my first job and I appreciate all the opportunities.
Processor/Sanitation/Retail/Load Out (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2018
A wonderful place to have been my first job, I learned a lot, did a lot and received the fruits of my labor. The managers were very understandable and comprehended my schedule as a student was hectic, I appreciated that,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

44out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Krispy Kreme.

Powered by Comparably