Kroger

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Their name

Kroger is a really huge company. Great benefits, great pay, but the don’t give you all the necessary information before hiring you. Lots of last minute mandatory overtime given. They force you to switch departments after completing probation and some departments have completely different orders and schedules.

It's a nice place to work.exciting being apart of getting the food to the different storesvery fast pace driving a power lift to deliver pallets to th

Nice work place fast pace good environment.fun.picking boxes of food for different stores.pay well.10 hour shifts.fast pace .driving power lift with pallet to the dock so food can get out to the stores .kind of cold inside the warehouse.must be careful be safe .it was exciting being a part of something that deal with food.food is very important .it's something that the world need .it's great to be a part of that.gotta alot of experience.

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Short lunch

Not much to say other than its a good place to work and there's good money to be made, most of the time they do their best to work with you to make sure you have everything you need to the job. The training is paid and very hands on. If you don't mind long hours, heavy lifting and being on your feet all day then this could be a good job for you. I was there temporarily and I do intend on going back.

Pros

All the training you need, good pay, locker space, caring management

Cons

Long hours, very physical, strict

Heavy lifting fast passed

Heavy lifting fast passed long hours. Good workers good supervisor bad management. Paid breaks not lunch 30 min lunch. For the most part your left alone to do your own thing

Productive and keeps you moving throughout the day

It’s a great job starting young and wanting to get money fast. Paid weekly and can work as much as you want. It starts off pretty good at training and you’ll get the hand of it pretty fast.

Pros

Fast paced

Cons

Lower back problems

Tough work good pay

The work was strenuous and hard but the pay was good. the work day lasted 12 or more hours, and any overtime was well paid. Everyone got along well. lunch was paid and we got 3 brakes throughout the long day. Lifting of heavy objects was the work

Pretty awful

Signed on to a 50 hour weekly job with at least one guaranteed day off, after first week I was doing 40 hours of mandatory OT, one day off every 3 weeks or so. Just insane 95% turnover rate with awful supervisors. Very stressful, high paced and dangerous when you have several hundred people working 80-90 hour weeks for months on end. Made a bunch of cash tho

Pros

good pay

Cons

everything else

Fast Paced

It was a fast paced job, had to make time on the orders or management would let you know. Very long hours, treated more like a number. Constantly moving.

Pros

Made Decent Money

Cons

Long Hours

Fast pace

Overall experience was good. All positions were very challenging and each job was proved with hard and dedicated work. Benefits were good and appealing and honored to received.

Warehouse job is slave labor

It is ridicules how fast they expect you to work in the warehouse as an order selector. I would literally run as fast as I could for 8 - 10 hours a day and still not reach their time quotas. I never wasted a second to rest or even say a word to anyone while working and I was still let go for being too slow. I even lost 10 pounds in one month from all the strenuous labor. I'm not out of shape either, I've been exercising and working out for years. And every other job I had I was praised for being a very productive and fast worker. They usually hire about 12 people at a time and keep maybe one of them.

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

Extremely fast paced

Overworked

First of all hrs were from 6-2:30am but almost daily you were stuck till 5:30am. They mandated overtime on your days off so you were "forced" as a union employee to come in and work for a minimum of 4hrs on your off days. Then they expected 100% productivity out of you each and every day, its a joke. Yes pay is decent but work hours, work load and expectations are just a joke. The morale of the employees were down because they're overworked.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long hrs, no days off, no time for a life

No work life balance

Picked orders in the freezer and produce departments. Very physical position, manually lifting up to 80lbs frequently all day. No work life balance. If you have a family, be prepared to never see them. Most positions are 10hr shifts, 4 days a week but they can and usually mandate you to stay up to 3 hours extra per day with only a couple hours notice. So you never know what time you will be home. They also can and usually mandate you to come in on your day off with only one day notice especially during the holidays so you can't ever make plans on your days off. They try to make up for it with compensation.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance.

Advancement

Easy to advance through Roundy's. I'm not sure of the Kroger Corporation. Working environment was employee and customer friendly. Great pay and benefits too!

A Productive and Okay Work place not much supervision so you can work freely

At Kroger you Work 8 to 11 hours A Day typically 11 when its busy ive learned how to stay with it And work really no matter how long of a work day we have there. the management if okay but we need better training here. the hardest part about the job is maintaining your percentage for a whole week and what i enjoy most about the job is stacking pallets and riding on the power worker

Pros

The Benefits and pay

Cons

Short breaks and no life outside of work

Roundy's

Nice pay however long days and mandatory overtime. Warehouse work for Roundy's brought by Kroger. Be prepared to work long hours and mandatory overtime, sometimes seven days a week, Kroger is attempting to make positive change.

Work

I enjoy the pay, I don't enjoy the hours. They don't work with your needs for your shift and don't care about you being sick.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Commute and Hours

Great job- Percentage Incentive

Great job to learn about distribution and warehouse work but very labor intensive with long mandatory hours. Volcalect system is better then the voxlex system used in other warehouses. Warehouse is clean and management is good.

Pros

Incentive

Cons

Long mandatory hours

Horrible Union, Bad Culture

The union tries to snub the management and the management treats the workers like slaves because of it. Overtime hours are obnoxious, especially when you have to maintain a certain efficiency the whole time. Super huge turnover ratio because of the harsh performance standards. A lot of injuries also because of it.

Pros

good pay, benefits

Cons

everything else

Pick and Save

Very fast paced, rewarding, and Opportunities galore! Diverse atmosphere, and great team work. Grocery distribution center working in receivables, processing all incoming documents. Loved working at this company, and have no complaints.

Pros

Great benefits, great wages, and rewards

Cons

Overworked with unreasonably high standards

On average you will work 2-3hrs of overtime and they expect you to maintain your quota throughout these 50-55hrs a week. The pay is good but not worth the constant mandatory overtime and ridiculously high quotas.

Pros

Union, 2-3 breaks

Cons

Quick to write you up on just about any infraction, high quota, 10-15 hours of mandatory overtime a week.

Warehouse

Understaffing by company of employees Loading and selecting of product to be shipped to individual stores Coworkers pleasant to work with

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Understaffed