kroger manufacturing Employee Reviews

Cook out
Order Selector and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 13, 2018
They provide cook out for employees to show the appreciation for hard work also they have bonuses In the pay Chek for production and a tendency that good
Great People
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 14, 2018
This place was my life / world for over 27 years. I enjoyed all that I was taught and learned here. It gave me the opportunity to grow in ways I could not imagine.
Pros
great compensation / benefits
Cons
not a good work life balance
Overall a good place to work.
Maint. Tech/Licensed Boiler/Refrigeration Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2018
Safety is a primary focus of the company, to include peer-to-peer observation and mentoring. Employee input is sought on process design review and implementing changes. Advanced training available through rebuild process with equipment manufacturer's technicians. Company doesn't cut corners when necessary repairs are needed or equipment needs to be replaced. A substantial parts inventory is maintained at all times.
Poor quality of management team.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAMarch 23, 2018
Need to respect associates and focus on the people. Need better quality leaders that care about the well being of all. Need to improvement on leadership skills.
Good company to work for!
Machine Operator/Setup equipment (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Been here for 26 years and what I have to say is upper management treats supervisors like step children. Very high turn over rate at supervision level. Direction of plant is questionable in my opinion. But I love my job and the Kroger company. Everything seems like a facade for corporate manufacturing.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Bad upper management
Fast paced work envirornment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 18, 2018
Company was a decent place to work at. The workers are good people and are easy to work with. I had no problems conpleting my tasks at hand and multi tasking and even helping others around me with their job duties.
Pros
Worked with a lot of friends and good people.
Cons
Non paid lunches and very little time off.
Great company to consider as a career
Site Leader / Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
Kroger manufacturing has tremendous opportunities for those who want to work hard. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and want to inspire others to achieve, then Kroger is a great place to start your career.
Too many old timers who are too set in their ways
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 8, 2018
I worked really hard for this company but felt like the foreman had it in for me and therefore gave me poor reviews plus his brother worked there and was unfairly given too lenient a workload
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Too much overtime
General Help (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 20, 2017
Fast pace production environment, with high emphasis on safety. Difficult to advance right now due to new implementation of advancement program. Free food that is made at the plant as long as you don't take it off of the premises.
Good internship
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2017
I was an Engineering Intern for Kroger Manufacturing and I got to go see many different plants and perform projects at several of them. I got great experience in project and manufacturing engineering

Want to know more about kroger manufacturing?

Ask a question
pretty good job with higher than average pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 27, 2017
Mostly good to say about this place.
worked here for 10 years. Was termed for using (too much?) fmla to take care of sick spouse. This place does not really care about you, your family, or your life, which is ok as long as you understand that going in. Some management has provincial attitudes which may come from long-term employment. Overall though, one of the better employers (pay and benefits) around this area.
Pros
pay, room to advance
Cons
no flexibility, anl retentive management
Managers were alright , alot of stress
Plant Service (Former Employee) –  Elgin, SCSeptember 22, 2017
There was a lot of stress at Kroger manufacturing . I got terminated from Kroger because I missed to many days because my daughter was in the hospital and I had excuses to show proof that I was at the doctor and they still terminated me
Pros
Cons
everything
You work hard, they pay well
Division Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 21, 2017
It was a good place to work. The benefits were good and the employee's at the plants were awesome.

You can learn a lot and have the opportunity to grow.
Good work inviroment
Customer service/ retail (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 14, 2017
It's very fun place to work. The people are respectful and outgoing theres never a boring time when I'm at work I enjoy going in to work djdidnd did d djdidnd
Fast paced lots to do
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, MIJune 8, 2017
Overall a good first job, always have sometimes to do and are constantly busy. Hours aren't always that great. Sometimes you're stuck doing a job you don't really know how to do. Need to be able to pick up at least 50+ pounds push carts in the pouring rain, scorching heat, or blizzard. Only exception and this is applies only on severe occasions, you don't push carts if it's lightning but I was made to a few times. It's a very hectic job
Pros
Kroger brand discounts
Cons
No time off, no benefits
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 22, 2017
This company taught me a lot and helped me develop my skills. To this day I still buy their products and utilize the trainings that I gained knowledge from
The absolute best place to work in the world!
Electric Pallet Jack Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2017
At Kroger's warehouse, it was more than just being a worker. You were apart of a team. A family. Kroger's warehouse does the absolute best to ensure that their workers are comfortable physically, mentally and financially. Kroger's warehouse should be listed as one of the top best companies to work for. Their benefits covers everything!!
Pros
Benefits and the care for the employees
Cons
N/a
Manufacturing
Production Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2017
Great place to work. Really nice and friendly co workers. Never had a bad day and my boss was always in a good mood and thanked his employees for being there.
ok
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 25, 2017
must be willing to move if you wish to move up. Hourly workers are nice for the most part. Leaders are hit or miss, they tend to hold onto bad leaders for years.
Job Culture is not a priority
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZAugust 16, 2016
Kroger can be a great place to work for if management will hold all associates accountable for their actions equally. Some policies and procedures are properly handled while the important ones that will link to integrity are not.
Pros
Healthcare and benefits
Cons
hours and work loads