Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

really liked the interaction with clients.
Diamond Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I enjoyed my work very much and even though it was competitive the management stressed the meeting of goals VERY MUCH.
The chemistry between sales personnel was tough. One could only stand out if they did very well or very poorly.
Pros
great discounts on purchases
Cons
standing for the entire work shift was taxing
poor work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 21, 2018
before leaving this ob we were going through new management an it was tough having to learn everything all over again and it became hard to understand things
Pros
benifits
Cons
people were rude.
Great Benefits & opportunities
Cheese Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time that I worked at Kroger.

Advancement was easy if you we willing to work for it.

I was able to work many different areas while at Kroger
Benefits
Cons
mixed shifts
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIJanuary 21, 2018
I love working as a cashier i really have to use my math skills which is fun.

We was always busy at Kroger which was okay because it made the day go by.
Advancement there
Head frozen food manager (Current Employee) –  Belpre, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Hard work pays off which is what I have did. Sign job bids to try to get full time as soon as possible that way you get paid more. Once you get full time then you can move up the ladder and be your own boss with your own Dept which is what I get the 11 years with the company.
Dead end job
clerk (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJanuary 21, 2018
The pace was hectic and your running to get stuff done. Management is disorganized and no clue what they are doing. Its a job again a "dead end job" there is no real culture to this company its all a show for their customers. You better be able to learn and pick up quick if you plan on working there a while cause training is a JOKE! At least you make "some money" will working there but that is a issue along with hundreds that this company has!
Pros
making a BIT of money
Cons
no advancement, managment is clueless
Very sweet place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2018
This was my first job when I turned 15, they were very nice and communicative. They trained me very well. It was a great place to work for a first timer
Kroger As An Employer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bonaire, GAJanuary 21, 2018
Kroger Companies try their best to try and make you feel like you will belong, but in the end, I was not able to stay there for very long, due to going to school in a different city, and not being able to transfer closer to my dorms.
A classic day as a cashier consisted of standing for hours on end behind a counter, being critically watched for how fast and speedy I scanned grocery items, and I was ridiculed and even written up for not scanning items in proper time.
If you worked four to seven hours, you had a 15 minute break, and if you worked 8 or more hours, you were given a 30 minute break. But I found that working a 13 hour shift and only being given half an hour to eat or drink was not beneficial or healthy, which brings me to my next point: A cashier is NOT allowed to drink water at the register. At all.
But I will say that getting to meet and interact with different people on a daily basis was always very pleasant and encouraged me to do my best to make their days better than when they came in.
Although I was concerned about my own health while working there, I enjoyed the people, and I enjoyed putting a smile on their faces. I was dedicated to the very end.
Pros
Kindness of others, Air Conditioning
Cons
Short breaks, lack of water
excellent
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2018
too many supervisors except that great place to works pay excellent
i was a floater they pay mileage too. communication excellent .pharmacists come from all over. well management.
Pros
long lunch hour
Cons
drive through
It once was a great place to work
Assistant Operations Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAJanuary 20, 2018
Kroger has been apart of this area for many years and was once a company that took care of its customers and its employees. There was respect and honor and integrity once upon a time. But now the company is only concerned about the all might dollar. They make there employees work too hard with very little help and will let go of people that have been with the company for years if they are not willing to meet there time tables. Its a shame what Kroger has become.
Pros
Employees were Great and Helpful
Cons
Upper Managment sets the bar too high to achive
It's an easy job but can be stressful
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Since that day I have school and stuff its very hard for me to keep with homework and keep track with work too. To be honest it's a good job to work but you have to focus and organize your schedule.
Rewarding work with great pay.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 20, 2018
The hourly wage is quite great as a shift lead, however, part of it is considered premium and is easily lost. You must be on shift without another manager for a minimum of 4 hours and you can not receive the premium for more than 24 hours a week. Store and Asst. Managers often would stay over too far into a shift, negating the shift premium.
Hours are kept to a minimum for shifts leads with an average of 23 hours a week, but can jump all over the place. In my specific case promotions/increase in pay and hours, were often implied or outright promised and then never lived up to. Back pay is not administered appropriately. I had been promoted April 9 and did not receive the increase in pay until May 22. I was told in mid-July that I would not be receiving back pay. The job is great, was fantastic until management changed.
Pros
good hourly pay, easy work.
Cons
breaks are often impossible to take, no benefits, no promotion opportunities.
my view
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 20, 2018
if this was my first job i would of not stayed so long. poor management, was happy with pay and time off. loved the people i worked with besides managers.
Friendly workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJanuary 20, 2018
I worked as a cashier at Kroger and must admit there were quite a few friendly coworkers in which i formed a friendship as well as management was reasonably nice for the most part.
Pros
Friendly and fast pace work enviornment
Cons
Work hours fluxiated too much
Great service
Clicklist Associate (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 20, 2018
Working For Kroger Was a Very Good Place To Work At , They Also Had a Good Pay . I Loved It , It Also Feel Like How All My Employee Felt Like Family It Was Pretty Nice Place To be .
Pros
Lunch parties
Cons
Breaks
Positives
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJanuary 20, 2018
Fun people to work with. the benefits are good. The one thing I loved about Kroger is the discounts you get if you worked there such as gas points, grocery discounts, and etc.
Benefits
Cons
Limited flexibilty
Time-Consuming and a great Friendly Workplace
Bistro Chef (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kroger, I would come in at around 3 o clock almost everyday sometimes earlier. I would begin my day usually by frying chicken once I arrived in a deep pressure fryer, I fried about 65 pieces at a time. From then on I would go about my typical day just helping customers.
Prospective and fun work place
Clicklist Associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier Point, LAJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day at work is everyone having fun while everyone does there part. He management is okay but there isn’t a work place that’s doesnt have at least one bad manager but on a typical day everything goes well
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Short breaks
workplace
Customer service/cheese shop/Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 20, 2018
learned how to work in a deli and the cheese shop. did training for the cheese shop in Knoxville Tennessee. got red jacket certified. was able to pair cheese wit different crackers, paste, jams, and even wine.
life learning experience that i carried through my career
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2018
it was a good company to work for. they had very good benefits and the management was always fair. the work hours were very flexible. i was thought and learned life long work lessons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.