Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 26,015 reviews matching the search See all 26,098 reviews
Not a bad first job before of during college
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fishers, IN 46037March 20, 2019
This place is a decent place to work, but depending on what department you work, and what stores you work, work might be easy and relaxed, or stressful and quick-paced.
Productive and very courteous
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 20, 2019
Very tedious. You gain both customer service skills and register skills. There is no "hard part" in my job. Most enjoyable part is engaging with customers.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 20, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Kroger and seeing everyone come through the check out line. It was a friendly environment and always busy. I would like to go back.
Didn’t like working at fuel department
Fuel Department (Current Employee) –  Powder Springs, GAMarch 20, 2019
Didn’t enjoy working at fuel department because there are a lot of people that come there and try to scam with stolen pre paid cards and if the is a gas spill you have to clean it up that gets on my nerves very dangerous working at Fuel Department
Cons
Short breaks
enjoyable
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2019
Processing payments, greeting and assisting customers, answering questions, selling products, and stocking shelves. supper fun to do when bored at home
It was good getting to know customers and making sure they found everything okay.
Clicklist (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMarch 20, 2019
I liked the job when I started then they started to play with my hours. The management was fine. I get along good working with others, I just didn’t like being a courtersy clerk.
Fast paced and exciting workplace
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMarch 20, 2019
Daily work orders addressed. Equipment issues addressed through preventative maintenance, and an as needed repair. Fast work environment , would recommend anyone to work there.
Kroger Fresh Fare
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Woods, MIMarch 20, 2019
Kroger is the perfect first job. It's fast paced, usually busy, the time flies. I learned great customer service, working the cash registers, monitoring self checkout cash registers, Fun environment. The hardest part of the job is getting through so many customers during the rush hours (All day on Sundays and around 3pm-6pm on weekdays). The most enjoyable part was being with friendly colleagues who made being at work pretty fun. Being a cashier was a great job. You don't have to do much but engage with customers, be fast, and keep you're area clean.
Pros
Pay period, time goes by quickly, 3 breaks for 8 hours, 2 breaks for 7 hours or less
Duties were varied
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 20, 2019
You'd do different things in a typical day, often not on a set schedule but as the manager needs things done. Some people in this position may do janitorial work, while others will only bag and return carts from the lot.

It is very physically demanding, and too much for those with physical limitations/disabilities.

The manager was nice and very understanding of my struggles. It just wasn't a job I was meant to do.
Micromanager, even when you’re doing your job well
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAMarch 20, 2019
If you like to be micromanaged by under qualified supervisors, then this job is for you. Promotions are based on who you know, not what you know. Meetings are long and repetitive. Goals are constantly increasing as well as the workload. Expectations are ridiculous.
Pros
M-F work week, benefits including 401k and pto
Cons
Micromanagers, constant meetings
Horrible Management
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 19, 2019
I recently worked for krogers and my Manager was completely unprofessional and a complete bully. would tell me I was doing great to my face then turn around and tell upper management that I was doing horrible. purposely gave me horrible hours, scheduled me on days that were preapproved before starting my employment that I was not available to work, talked bad about me and other employees to customers and other associates, and used my personal out of work situations against me to twist and lie to get me fired. This was by far the worse work experience I've ever had!!! lied pushed and nagged upper management till they finally fired me just because she didn't care for me or my past and used it against me. Upper management was also very unprofessional and didn't even address me with any of the complaints the Manager had made against me, or address me before they fired me. My Manager sabotaged my employment on purpose instead of coming to me like an adult and respectfully addressing the issue's she was having with me. I would have respectfully moved departments or done whatever was necessary to address the issues and make her feel better. But instead went about it completely unprofessional and completely blind sided me and ruin my employment at kroger's. I would never recommend nor work at another krogers ever again. The amount of disrespect, lies and backstabbing that goes on there is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous!!! Other then that part of my job experience at krogers, it was AMAZING. Not everyone is a horrible person, and the customers are amazing! Some of the employees are very easy  more... to get along with, great at helping you learn the job correctly and help you however possible. There are several departments which offer multiple positions. Discounts is 10-15% on Kroger brands which there are a lot of, as well as benefits such as discounts at Ford dealerships, free schooling, stocks and much much more. I know a few people who have had similar experiences such as mine from this employer. However I guess that is possible in all places of employment.  less
Pros
Customer's are great, not all employees are horrible, lots of departments and positions to apply for, werkly pay, great benefits/discounts
Cons
Horrible manager and upper management, Lots of backstabbing and lying from managers, Who are disrespectful, Rude, Two faced, Liars
N/a
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXMarch 19, 2019
I would open the store at 6:00 in the morning and I would count the drawers and unlock doors when it was time to open watch the registers I would work at self checkout and then go home at 2:00 in the afternoon
It's a Job
Grocery Clerk/State Liquor Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHMarch 19, 2019
A typical day at work is okay. You stock shelves, do morning tasks with the handheld, keep up with your inventory, assist customers, break down trucks. Sometimes you run register. You have to be a little flexible with the job cause things almost always happen that shift your attention elsewhere. Management is sub-par, I think mainly because they rarely have a degree. For the most part management works their way from the bottom up, but sometimes through connections. I enjoy the people and the good times I have with them.
Pros
Good people, flexibility
Cons
poor management, night hours and weekends likely
Tech level (Current Employee) –  Independence, KY 41051March 19, 2019
The work to life balance is okay, not great. Only because I’m on second shift. I’m looking for a first shift job somehwere in the same field or in other areas I have skills in
Sorry company..... Just like they competitor
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2019
Beyond sorry place to work...... They want you to slave for four hours and very no over time but work for little pay and advancement. Make you wear and tare you body
Pros
Discount
Cons
Worst job
Something interesting
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2019
You really have to be a person who is consistent and very patient, hard working to be self satisfied with your work, it keeps up the motivation and moral on a team and in your department.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Benefits, Hours, Pay
Kroger Deli Department
deli associates/ cook (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIMarch 19, 2019
I had a great time working at Kroger, but i was working 2 jobs. As a cook, i'd completed my requirements, clean the kitchen and sometimes stocked empty shelves for the next shift, and assisted customers.
Pros
enjoying cooking for customers and keeping the kitchen inhospital
Cons
lazy employee's
Decent starter, but pushy
Bagger/Customer Service, Produce (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 19, 2019
Typically work was fine, you get the work done and leave. Certain days it would be tense or there would be shortcuts made just to get the job done, but not efficiently.
Pretty unsanitary and found it tough that my work had not allowed water underneath the bagging compartments, only official water bottles with water and no other substance.
Managers were often inexperienced and not well guided, could not offer confidence in orders because they were unsure if they were even right. Poor direction and ways to cope with different situations.
Workplace culture was decent, though work is work the coworkers made it into something somewhat enjoyable during the long hours. short conversations and even building relationships, very community based. Breaks were very random, I got one 10 minute break during a 5 hour shift after working for 4 hours straight; not ok. Scheduling was a mess with the dreaded "clopen" as id leave at 11:30 and be back around 7:30 or 8 if I was lucky. Good respect for available times, though not well prepared in certain situations. Good starter job.
Pros
good sense of community, discounts, benefits
Cons
Short random breaks, management, unsanitary, petty, tense
productive, good environment
BAGGER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMarch 19, 2019
i learned how to work with the public and how to handle money. a typical day at work was sometimes slow but faster as the day went on. the staff and management was nice
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Kroger
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2019
Its a good growing company. Each individual store is unique to the area in regards to the customers they serve and the type of co-workers you work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

56.5K

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss