Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 22,945 reviews matching the search See all 23,007 reviews
As overnight stock, the crew was really close, other than the head, who was a buffoon.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2018
The crew was really close knit, other than our head after our first one. The second was a buffoon.

The work is physical, and was enjoyable to me. Pretty basic retail fare. 100% would have kept this job, save the overnight hours really did not work for me.
Fun great starter job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHAugust 14, 2018
It was my first job I mainly used my income for food and for gas car insurance ect. I still lived with my parents so it was fine. I loved the crew I worked with
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks
Bad
Kroger Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 14, 2018
Terrible management, short staffed, extremely poor communication and scheduling. Conflict rarely if ever resolved, even the long term staff there were treated poorly.
Steady work area
Kroger Cashier (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 14, 2018
It gets hectic at times but I love working at Kroger it’s not to bad where I work at gets hard and the lines get long because many people wants to pay there bills or do lottery
productive fun workplace
Kroger Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHAugust 14, 2018
the coworkers there are respectful and you also have union rights there once you get hired from the union you get the 401k plan and health benefits once you sign up for it
Production
Casier,Baker,cake decorator,stocker (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 14, 2018
Very well organized company I really enjoyed myself and really learned different trait in the work field and in life and just want to continue my successful journey
Pros
Breakd
Cons
Good food
Good learning atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2018
Managers and employees were phenomenal. I did a great deal of learning and only left to pursue nursing. Hardest part of this job is troubleshooting insurances.
Great store to work at
U-scan/customer service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working at kroger for the 5 years that I worked there it was a great growing experience for me there was great raises and possibility to extend what you knew
Union based and enjoyable atmosphere.
Personal Grocery Shopper - ClickList (Former Employee) –  Shelby Charter Township, MIAugust 14, 2018
I liked working their but the hours were not at all what I signed up for and would give me issues when I was asking to transfer to a cashier/instead of being the personal shopper.
Pros
union
Cons
pay and poor hours
Kroger Life
Assistant Deli/Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 14, 2018
Very busy, very entertaining and fun job with associates, management is not rough as long as you do you job and take care of customers in a timely and respectful order. I, personally, have tried to learn as much as I can from Kroger and have quite an extensive knowledge of the the company and each department. Most enjoyable is being able to have fun with not only associates, but customers as well. I don't find the job hard or difficult at all, myself.
Good Employees and Management but Underpaid
Frozen Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2018
The everyday work is standard for a retail grocery store but the hourly wages are significantly less then then competitors. Would recommend for a stepping stone job but not for a career.
Okay company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAAugust 14, 2018
This is a decent company to work for but it is not a company that will provide you with enough to be able to provide for a family and etc. Most of the positions that the company has offer is for young adolescents who just need pocket change while they figure out your future or finish school.
cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNAugust 14, 2018
It was a fantastic place to work., people everywhere loved me, i had costumers come in the store all the time just to come see me. i recommend working there to anyone
n/a
Assistant Manager Drug GM Department (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 14, 2018
when I started working there it was great they worked around by single mom schedule then management got changed and one in particular was very rude and made the environment intolerable. had to report them to Union several times
Not bad for a job in/out of highschool
COURTESY/CHECK OUT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 14, 2018
I wouldn't really recommend this as a main job for anyone older than 20. Its easy to get stuck there, and it doesn't pay enough to be an adult job. You are always expendable.
Pros
Tips, employee discount on company products
Cons
Treated like children, not taken seriously
it was ok
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2018
do cart and bagging groceries and help people and the work hard stay busy and trying do my best stay focus and being self and be trying to do my best friend
Pros
dont know
Cons
it was vood
It was an ok job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2018
Kroger was a good place to work. But the little and short hours a week wasn't cutting it. The job is well recommended to anybody. Only if you was taking care of yourself, but living and working off it will not do it. Don't get me wrong they a good company to work for.
Poor management. Good coworkers.
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2018
Management relies heavily on employees for tasks that are clearly meant for management while not giving proper compensation or upward mobility. This may have just been the particular store; I am unsure about other stores. Coworkers were great, we relied on each other and that created a camaraderie. The one thing I learned was how to take on responsibility, whether it is yours or not, and get it done.
An Unstable Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORAugust 14, 2018
Working at Kroger can be a difficult experience because management is changed frequently. In the two and a half years that I worked for Kroger, we had three different Human Resources managers and four different store managers. There was little consistency and so there was a constant sense of insecurity.
Pros
Kroger pays well and has good benefits.
Cons
Large turnover in management and general employees.
Can be worth if you that's what you want
E-Commerce Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYAugust 14, 2018
There are too many expectations in place that are unrealistic. You are expected to get the job done and stay to get it done even on your off days. Hardly no work/life balance. The company values the associates more than their management staff with little to no recognition or incentives. Positions sometimes to come up for only certain people to have "something" to do. Next to impossible to get into HR and you are practically given one direction to go if you want to advance and that is to become an assistant manager at a store or stores that they see fit. Moves are made very last minute which can jeopardize your home life and they do not care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K
46.9K
36.4K
22.3K
11.6K

Diversity score

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kroger Stores.

Powered by Comparably