Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 24,070 reviews matching the search See all 24,131 reviews
Unrealistic expectations and minimal pay.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 22, 2018
To start Kroger's starting wage for all entry positions is 8.00 per hour. They expected us to minimize shrink (wasted / donated product) but at the same time expected us to maximize product that was on the tables to keep displays looking good. Lacked the necessary amount of equipment used by all departments.
Mangment was the issue
CSA (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXOctober 22, 2018
Mangment was never together and always sat in the office except for frank. No overtime and raises are super small. . The company had a set raises rate. And the company wasn't understanding when it came to certain health issues
Pros
Fkexiabke hours
Cons
Mangment and advancement is hard
Ok Part time
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXOctober 22, 2018
It is an ok job if you are a teenager or are looking for part time work, but it is not something that I would recommend if you are looking for career opportunities.
Pros
Great medical insurance
Cons
Lack of upward mobility, inconsistent hours
Productive workplace with family values instilled into employees
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 22, 2018
The position i was hired on at kroger was entry level, but there is quite alot of room for advancement. Everyone ive worked with has been friendly and enjoyable to be around. I loved almost all of the managers i worked with. The star bucks and sushi bar are great places to eat when you take your break. Starting wage at the lowest level position i believe is around $8.25 including 50 cent raises every 6 months. Pretty good deal if you're looking for an entry level job to get through college. If you like it enough you can definitely rise through the ranks and make a career out of it.
Pros
Employees are very friendly, managers are super nice and helpful, multiple places to eat in store
Cons
Only allowed 15 minute breaks if you work 7 hours or less
was my first job in Kentucky
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 22, 2018
I moved here in the late summer and got my job here but October. was fast pace and I enjoyed meeting new people and able to have customers that was always in the store .
Pros
enjoyed the job
Cons
lossing the job
Not too bad
Clicklist Selector (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYOctober 22, 2018
I loved working there and I worked with some amazing people. I enjoyed going to work and it wasn’t as bad as i thought it was. I got paid breaks and it was easy to feel comfortable in that work environment
enjoy
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 22, 2018
i honestly enjoy working at Kroger it was a great first job. their was some easy days and some days were harder then usual, the manager was nice and always keeping a smile on your face, and there was some that was bosses too.
Pros
breaks, talking to new faces, giving out free gifts to the kids
Cons
smoke times, mean manager
Fast Paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
Working at Kroger's provided me with an opportunity to meet and socialize with people from all walks of life, daily. It was truly a great experience and the cashiers really helped each other. Management, however, could've been much more than what it was.
Pros
Good work relationships
Cons
Poor manamgement
Great employment experience overall
Store Financial Closer, and Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 22, 2018
this is a very large corporate retailer with ;many stores so often local decisions come from an office many states away. The local culture is excellent, salaries are competitive but hard to earn a living on, but the benefit package is strong.
productive enviornment
Front End Customer Service Agent/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work consist of of running the natural foods department. I had to stock the shelves and take inventory so that the manager knows what products to order.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
low wages
Great place to work; now if they only paid more
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 22, 2018
Store management is great; they are very flexible and willing to help you find the right role. For example, I was hired for one position but then was given opportunities to learn other roles, including my current one as a Starbucks barista.
Pros
Flexible work environment; great benefits for full-time employees
Cons
low pay
ok place to work
Drug GM (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAOctober 22, 2018
When I first started working here, it was ok, and as time went on it didn't seem like the store manager cared enough about the departments, and just wanted to have things done even when we were understaffed. Cared more about saving money then actually have things done.
Customer service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 22, 2018
it was years ago since I worked here I don't even think I work there long the weekly pay was a plus but it only benefits when your a full time employee
Always smile be nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monona, WIOctober 22, 2018
Very easy place to start off as, as a teenager. The best thing about this job is that you have to maintain a 20 IMP (items per minute) which is challenging and will make your time go by faster
good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 21, 2018
it was a good place to work. really gets busy for the holidays so be prepared to be on your feet fast pace. working in the customer service department can get stressful though.
Co workers were fine
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INOctober 21, 2018
Management is a joke here, if you speak up in this company you get punished, bonuses are not based on departments, it's based on the whole store, it's just a joke company
Pros
None really
Cons
Too many
It was okay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAOctober 21, 2018
While some managers were amazing towards the end of my time there they replaced the really decent managers with those who were not as good. They played a lot of favorites and it became more about who you knew than how well of a job you did.
Kroger
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
An okay place to work of your looking for fast past and on your feet constantly. The management is lacking customer service but they also don’t have a lot of good customer skills.
Stressful environment where minors are treated like trash
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 21, 2018
Kroger isn't the greatest place to work, but hey at least they pay minimum wage and pat weekly. Theres no benefits, sick days, or overtime at all. Forget paid days off as well.
Easy going and steady
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 21, 2018
i enjoyed my time with Kroger stores. i only left because i was going off the college out town. The workday was steady and the management team was very approachable and willing to assist whenever i was unsure about something or just needed to ask questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss