Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 22,420 reviews matching the search See all 22,479 reviews
focus on anything else and they day is ok
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 19, 2018
nothing is consistent. This hopefully isn't every Kroger but mine had rude supervisors, messy workers, and environment. some decent days but they were blocked by days when 3 of you have to complete everything by 10 pm. constantly understaffed and not paid for all you do. I would be upset at the people who guided me but just tried to focus on the customer. the managers are great mainly some more preferred than others. never enough people to help complete everything. a plus is that you get paid.
Pros
no matter the shift you get a break, possible free food in the break room.
Cons
run down place
worked here in 2007
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 19, 2018
worked 10+ years ago but it was a decent high school job liked my manager, worked in stocking with a good crew occasionally had to get carts or bag up front
unions
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 18, 2018
If you are started out in a union its hard to get hours. i got 10 hours one week. Kroger is for young people needing a first job. The management at kroger was one the weakest teams I have ever work for.
Pros
pay weekly
Cons
union
Customer Service Skills advanced
CASHIER/ DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INJuly 18, 2018
Kroger can be a fun and interesting place to work. There are many tasks you are able to do that keep it interesting. I helped customer throughout the store as well as at the checkout.
Pros
Fun Coworkers
Cons
Manager
Relaxed
Clicklist Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2018
My job at Kroger was in the Clicklist department, which was an online shopping service that Kroger has been offering for over two years. Over the two years of being an associate there, I strengthened my skills in customer service and time management the greatest. We were on a certain schedule for each order, and my manager was very particular in completing the orders at least an hour earlier than it is scheduled to be picked up. The culture of the department I was in had a family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a difficult customer, though it didn't happen often, it was hard to try to make the customer feel great after they felt they did not receive proper customer service.
Pretty easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSJuly 18, 2018
Kroger is fun to work at as long as you know what you are doing. After working there so long you become family to the people you work with and you allow a friendly face to your customers.
different at every store
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 18, 2018
They're always understaffed no matter what store you go to. They can never keep enough people because of how low they pay compared to everyone else. They need to fix something.
Fast paced and busy
deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 18, 2018
The job was very simple but I wasn’t trained properly fellow employees trained me. Management would stand around when we needed help and did nothing. Never fully staffed.
Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, ohioJuly 18, 2018
Productive and great workplace. Ability to become certified with equipment. I was able to be promoted in a year. Hard work does pay off. Enjoyable experience.
i enjoy my job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIJuly 18, 2018
It was a fun place to work the first or last person they talk too I didn't like working swing shift that was not good for me or my family had small kids
People were always doin something this Fred meyers has the best costumer service I’ve ever seen in any other Fred meyers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 18, 2018
This is a great first or second Job but not to make a career out of it because we don’t get paid enough for that I always had a great time working here with all the people and didn’t have a problem with them
Pros
Coworkers are the best
Cons
They sometimes want you to overwork you
high stress and cut throat
Hand Scanner (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNJuly 18, 2018
I was an order picker for the Kroger stores, I would pick an order and take it to the shipping panes and drop in off and receive another order and repeat.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hostile managers
Shift goes by quick
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJuly 18, 2018
A typical day you stay pretty steady, learned how to assist customers who were on wic. Most people were friendly and willing to help when first starting. The hardest part of the job was inconsistant hours, would get calls the day needed for shift. I enjoyed the extra money I made it helped with bills
Absolute Garbage
Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 18, 2018
Low pay, low hours, terrible management, as well as just terrible horrific people. I'm baffled at the amount of hate one person can have for their employees. Wouldn't work here for even double the amount I was getting paid.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely disrespectful and truly evil managers
Cashiering is great as long as your manager and customers are nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2018
My time at Kroger was great given the my regular customers and my relationship with my managers given the grocery base for our friendship. Although we were quite friendly that didn't interfere with the job
Boring and Terrible managers
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
Managers were terrible mostly, have so many hoops to jump through to be promoted, no real incentive to keep you there for future advancement. Wouldn't recommend it to others.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kroger because I wanted to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician and besides offering classes, they reimburse you the money if you pass.
Overall Kroger is a great place with great people
Floor Supervisor, Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 18, 2018
I love Kroger and the people who work there, of course everywhere you go you are gonna have problems but I wouldn’t trade it, it’s not a pain and the customers are great
Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 17, 2018
Typical day at work was very fast paced had to do 25 items a minute didn't like the experience of having to be rushed at scanning peoples food items some people didn't like the fast paced employees.
It is a good workplace and other employees do help each other.
The hardest part of the job for me was trying to scan 25 items per minute I'm just not that quick at things like that.
Not a bad job if you're 16
ALL-PURPOSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 17, 2018
The job itself was easy. When it came to anything to do with management doing anything it was hard. I was denied whats called a "closer to home" transfer (when you have to drive 20+miles to your store they will transfer you to one that is closer to where you live). I was told the reason was because we were understaffed when we were not.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Management, lack of advancement oppurtunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss