Kroger Stores Culture reviews

Found 4,642 reviews matching the search See all 26,937 reviews
My experience in as a pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GAMay 19, 2019
My work space is always a pleasure to go to. My pharmacists are always reliable, they know what they're doing, as well as making sure we do the right thing. The atmosphere is always positive and everyone gets along. If I didn't have to find a job in my major I would of stayed a little longer.
Pros
Great co workers, fun atmosphere, cery caring
Cons
Not enough hours
A pretty place to work
Jewelers Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Eagle River, AKMay 18, 2019
With a good leader and team this job can be a lot of fun. It also can be stressful trying to make different goals every month. You can learn a lot from each other by watching coworkers interactions with customers.
Flexible work schedule, opportunity for growth
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2019
Typical day is to stock cases, clean department & prepare for business.
Learned various cuts of meat & how to butcher meat
The culture is relaxed & team oriented.
Management expectations can sometimes be unrealistic.
Flexibility is most enjoyable aspect of job
Pros
Flexibiliy
Great job great benefits
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 16, 2019
Slow paced. Learned about handling meat in a manner consistent with protocol. Management was decent.. hardest part if the job is late hours. Most enjoyable is the team.
Kroger review
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 16, 2019
A typical day at Kroger is hard.
I learned nothing.
Management is rude, disrespectful.
The culture, well there is no culture.
The hardest part of the job is clocking in.
The best part of the job is clocking out.
Awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 16, 2019
Very friendly and great coworkers. Amazing management as well. I learned a lot about communication and how to work as a team as well. I loved the job.
i enjoy working at kroger's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  9 jeffersonMay 15, 2019
i really enjoy working at kroger's friendly loving caring people i really enjoy working with people . i am a people person so i enjoy being around and helping people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
the discount
my opinion
Lead cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 14, 2019
very competitive, would cut hours for every front end person if their produce and scanning numbers were low for the store, they do not give enough hours, lost a lot of people due to hours, which made the job very stressful.
Pros
discounts, weekly pay
Cons
hours, not enough
Productive, and a stressful place
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Shelby Charter Township, MIMay 14, 2019
Unload truck and put stock on the vehicles. Learned how to stock and zone aisles. Management was okay. Was not a great workplace culture. Finishing truck and a lack of help. Was stocking a store.
Pros
Pay, Lunch
Cons
Night Hours
Great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 14, 2019
A typical day was busy since i worked on Saturdays and Sundays. I learned how to work a register. I like the management for the most part. The hardest part of the job was rude customers when you could not help them. The enjoyable part was seeing your regular customers come in to shop.
It was an okay job sometimes.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2019
My time at Kroger hasn't been entirely terrible, it was just some days are better then others. The associates are what made the job bearable most of the time. A typical day at work is just conditioning the outer perimeter to make the store look neater, and stocking the shelves with food. Management is good for the most part, but not perfect. The culture was okay, I'd say.
Work life
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MI 48734May 14, 2019
It was a fun place to work, to date it is the best job I have ever had. The coworkers were friendly, and they didn't expect too much out of you for the pay. It was a union job.
Fun and great place to work
Clicklist (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYMay 13, 2019
Krogers is a very great place to work at. If you invest years to work at krogers they have great benefits and etc to offer you. I worked around great employees and management. Recommended!!
Pros
Great place to work at!
Competitive and Stressful.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMay 13, 2019
Working at Kroger was very competitive and stressful but each and everyday I made sure I did what I was supposed to. I dealt with many challenges but succeeded in the end.Joining Kroger team I learned how to deal with my emotions in a work base while getting the job done. At Kroger I dealt with a lot of rude customer and employees but that never came between my professional work ethics. Overall the most enjoyable part about being a courtesy clerk was that, I was able to put a smile on every customer that I encounter with.
Pros
Pleasing Customers
Cons
Rude Employees.
Overall good place to work, bad management though.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 13, 2019
I liked working at Kroger, ONLY because it was a nice environment to work in, and I made friendships with all the customers. They were amazing. But the management is absolutely terrible. They had no understanding when you were sick a day, or even if you were pregnant and found it hard to come in that day. They worked me very hard over there, and the best check I ever got was $172.
Pros
Good coworkers, nice customers.
Cons
Terrible management, awful pay.
Excellent benefits and flexible schedule
Assistant Drug GM Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMay 12, 2019
In store management has always had a sense of caring and compassion for employees. They do a lot of good for their community and take many hours out of the work week to find time for fundraisers and spending time with the community. Pay could definitely be a bit more competitive.
Entry level work
Cashier, Stocking, Drug GM (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 12, 2019
They bloat the staff with a numerous amount of people, hoping to keep hours low. This forces everyone's hours down and creates an environment of cutthroats looking to take any free hours or hours people give up with no culture of hard work being met, just trying to add more days in.
Cons
Given too few hours
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2019
A typical day at Kroger consisted of maintaining the cashier area clean and helping costumers checkout. I learned a lot of patience and also helped build my character. The hardest part is bagging items by yourself on a busy day but in the end it's very rewarding to see costumers leave with a smile on their face.
Co-workers are Amazing
HBC Clerk (Former Employee) –  Latonia, KYMay 11, 2019
A typical day at work is fast-paced. I am always on my feet and working. I learned how to work collaboratively with a team and how to multitask. Management was very nice and interacted with the employees. All of the associates are great to work with and have become friends. The hardest part is how fast-paced it is, but I eventually got used to it. The most enjoyable is interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Free Feminine Products, paid breaks, union
Cons
Unpaid lunches, often not able to get a break
Overall, Kroger is an excellent place to work.
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TxMay 2, 2019
Overall I enjoyed working for Kroger. I really liked my coworkers. Some of the management was good. It has fantastic benefits, scheduling can usually be worked out if you need time for a doctor's appointment or something else. If you aren't afraid of hard work and you make yourself available for projects you will be known as a team player.
Pros
Recognition from management if customers write in
Cons
No recognition if customers don't write in so personality matters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

56.7K
48K
37.4K
22.8K
12.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kroger Stores.

Powered by Comparably