Kronos Employee Reviews

Great Culture. Your experience will depend on your department and team manager
Internal IT Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 4, 2018
Management is not all trained equally. Some managers will be exceptionally good, while others will be exceptionally bad. No consistency. However, the culture is GREAT and the people you work with are amazing. All depends on what department and what team you join.
Pros
Job Culture, Your Co-Workers, Independent teams working toward same goal
Cons
Wide range of management types - poor/good. No consistency in management hiring/training
Some senior managers do not have a clue
Technical Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 2, 2018
Overall Kronos Management is not bad. But their are some managers that only manage on keeping the salary costs down. Kronos is a privately held company, wich at times leaves people on pins and needles if they are going to sell the company. So Management always is trying to keep costs down. I was laid off after over 20 years in the company, they laid off all the high salary employees in the department.
Pros
Great people, good products
Cons
Lousy management in some departments
It was ok
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2018
Upper management isn’t listening to the needs of support teams. You can’t expect a new hire to immediately close hundreds of cases a month when issues are complex, partners/development hold onto them for months, then support reps are held responsible for not closing cases timely. Clients aren’t properly trained to use Kronos products and neither are we
Great company
Senior Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 27, 2018
I loved working there and was sorry when the contract ended. I still keep in touch with some of the people I worked with. It is a laid-back culture but they get a lot of good work done.
Great Company
Application Consultant Workforce Analytics (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2018
Unable to provide a realistic review of Kronos. It has been over 15 years since I worked at Kronos. I recall my time working for Kronos very fondly. The employees and the management teams were great to work with.
unfavorable
Application Consultant - Remote (Former Employee) –  variousMarch 16, 2018
Very bottom-lined oriented company. Did not seem to want to hold on to long term experienced employees. Assigned to 5-15 projects at same time. Would not allow further training on aspects that the employee was interested, and only what manager thought necessary.
Fantastic Company
Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 31, 2018
This is a great company leading the industry standard in Time and Attendance as well as Data keeping. I enjoyed working with all employees within the entire company. Communication was key to the success of Kronos and we all did a great job!
Pros
Working Condition and enviroment
Close to Home nice facility
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Peers were fun. Very willing to teach and assist with training.
Great sales team very appreciative of the support they were given.
Work hours were not flexible.
Pros
Close to home great benefits
Good Place to Work
Front End Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 29, 2018
I worked for four and a half years at Kronos. I was fortunate to report to passionate managers and work with intelligent teammates during my time at Kronos. Employees are entitled to health insurance and unlimited time off.
Pros
Unlimited time off
Making the Shift
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 29, 2018
Organization is looking to make a shift to a more effective delivery approach. On a couple levels they are gaining ground, on a couple of levels, there's resistance to making the shift.
Pros
gym, facility
Cons
communications across departments, coffee
Fast paced, challenging, and innovation place to work
Product Management Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 26, 2018
• Liaison between Development Engineering teams and Product Management
• Product Owner in implementing new functionality in newly-released Cloud-based Timekeeping and Workforce Management software (Overtime Approvals, Schedule Corrections, Impairment Accessibility, etc.)
• Leader of Grooming, Planning, and Demo sessions following Scrum/Agile project methodology
• Author of Product Requirement Documents, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria of new functionality
• Mentored Junior Business Analysts and lead effort in creating BA process documentation for the Engineering department
Client Services Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 21, 2018
Very good company to work for. Only exception is job security is not that great. You will be laid without any notice whatsoever.
Good place to work with good benefits
SQA Team Lead (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Kronos. The company is aggressively forward thinking. You get to use the latest development methodologies, industry standard tools, and latest technology.

Overall, Kronos treats it's employees well. Working at the corporate office in Massachusetts has a lot of perks. There is a gym, ping pong tables, gaming, etc. However, when working in a remote office, you don't get these perks.

I always felt like the company was moving in the right direction strategically and technically.

Employees are expected to work evenings and weekends when getting close to a milestone/release date.
Pros
Treats Employees well.
Cons
Long hours and weekend work when getting close to a release.
Good benefits, good HR program ... technology meh..
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Kronos has two divisions. One for the cloud offering and one for the enterprise product. Cloud SaaS group is cutting edge while enterprise group is still using a lot of old technology. If you get an opportunity to work for enterprise group, do your research before you accept.
Pros
Good benefit.
Extremely strong product and service offerings
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2018
Company provided fantastic comprehensive ongoing training on products, services, industry and competitors. Learned how to sell workforce labor management industry solutions here.
PM and Team Lead
Lead & Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Excellent Company to work for and great benefits. nothing else more to add
The following error occurred:
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Great Senior Management & Company Culture
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 6, 2018
Kronos continues to grow and succeed due to strong management and forward thinking. They provide a strong corporate culture and make it a fun place to work.

They recently switched to unlimited vacation, but it tends to be a double edged sword. People tent to take LESS time than before as there is no more counting vacation days and using them before you lose them.

Overall, I would strongly recommend Kronos as a good place to work.
Pros
Forward Thinking Management, Good company culture
Cons
Pay could be higher.
Fun Culture and Great Training
Application Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2018
The on-boarding at Kronos is extensive and can be stressful at times. Managers do a good job to make you feel at ease, while also putting you in difficult role-playing scenarios.
Pros
Not for the faint of heart
Technology Consultant III (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 31, 2017
Every year they re-evaluate positions and terminate based on the bottom line. At the end of FY2017 they laid off a bunch of great employees because the bottom line didn't jive. Great company to work for, but nerve-racking when you don't know if your job is secure every year.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, great employees
Cons
Never safe that you have a job come October 1st.
Training was hard to come by
Payroll Applications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2017
I left because I was client facing with out appropriate training, I would spend time researching and teaching myself so I could train the client the next day.

Kronos was already understaffed with trained consultants but made it a point to share they were going to add 150-250 to the sales force - with out a game plan to implement these sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kronos. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight