Krystal Employee Reviews

Found 1,301 reviews matching the search See all 1,312 reviews
I was happy to work for the people at krystals,im a hard-worker and i love working with other hard-working people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 27, 2018
I pay attention to safety around me and my co-worker,It's always good to watch your surroundings while you're on da job for and others safety.it was fun as a cook especially when it gets busy because then i can see how good of a cook that i am by seeing how quick i can get the cars out of the drive thru.and make sure everything is fully-cooked.
great place to work
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 6, 2018
From my time working at Krystal's my managers and fellow employees where very kind and helpful and they always tried to make the customer happy unless the customer was to get out a line, I haven't seen any situation where an employee started starting g with a customer unless the customer was rude or inappropriate, and as a new person on the job they would help you when asked and would rush you hard cause they knew you didn't know was stuff was or how to do things properly, so they were patient and polite about it when you messed up on something.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Can be fun and fast paced but little pay and barely any raises
Master Cashier/Cook/Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 29, 2018
I actually liked this job but they were bad about putting you all over in hours and avoided giving raises as much as possible. They are good about giving full time though and you get half off your meals there. No paid vacation no matter how long you've worked there, but not sure if management got paid time off. I know associates don't and never saw any health coverage offered either. Don't help you grow in the company and try to pay as little of an hourly income as they can
Pros
Fast paced and more willing to work for you if you need it for personal stuff, guaranteed hours, half off your meals there
Cons
bare minimum in hourly income, rarely get raises, no vacation pay or health ins
Fast paced work environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALNovember 19, 2018
It was a fun fast paced environment to work. Customers for the most part were friendly and fun to interact with. The main store manager was pretty good, however the shift managers have a lot to be desired. I would recommend Krystals as a place to grab a bite to eat but dont be in a hurry
Pros
free employee meal with on clock
Cons
no healthcare, poor shift managers
a typical day at work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 30, 2018
A typical day at work.

Show up for my shifts 10 mins early and verify all the tills to make sure that they are correct for my shift along with the safe drop slots.
Verify that everything is stocked and ready to go for my shift to run as smooth as possible. Open up tills in whom every will be the cashiers on duty. Help out at whatever station needs me through out the shift along with keeping a close eye on the daily sales. At the end of the shift i have my team stock up their areas so that the next shift can run smoothly. Count all the tills.
It was great at first then went down hill
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pooler,GaOctober 25, 2018
When I first started working for krystals I enjoyed it. Then as I started working for them longer the store manager didn't know how to order the truck and we were constantly running out of things. Then when the district manager came buy they would bark orders but never wanted to help. He would come in and make people feel like they were walking on egg shells.
It was productive and fun to work at sometimes.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 22, 2018
Doing my time that i was at Krystal I had been working with 5 different general manager thru the years. It wasn't always fun but i made the best of it. The job wasn't hard at all but you just had to pay attention to what you was doing. I got along with the regular customers and new customers.
Pros
Free discounts on your food and closed on Thanksgiving and Cristmas
Cons
Going thru different general managers. Nobody could not get overtime
Krystals is a fun work place to work in.
Team Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GASeptember 20, 2018
Krystals is a steady environment it is a quiet and most relaxing palce to work. One day I was at work this women came in she was very respectful she had manners she had a beautiful smile she had beautiful kids and i respected her she even gave me a Tip for my good respect and manners.
Pros
my first day there I received a free meal then after that i had to pay but with discounts
Cons
We were given and Hour break
To Start a productive day with a great PMA (POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE)
General manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 14, 2018
Start of the day check computer for previous sales and labor, look at projections for food cost. Target the missing items from the day before. Close out the computer for the start of the new day. Fill out my MOD sheet to make sure all employs know what position they will be responsible for that shift. Count the safe with verification with another employee. Do my morning target counts to compare with the previous targets from the shift before. Do a store walk through and get prepared for the shift making sure were rush ready
Pros
three weeks paid vacation
Cons
Monday morning paper work starts 4/5 am
Poor managment
Cashier/ crew member (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJanuary 22, 2019
My manager did bot care about me as a new employee. She cared about the ones she could flirt with. She also smoked marijuana at the dumpster pad and allowed employees to come in high. She also over looked me being sexually harassed and fussed at me when someone within my family was informed.
Pros
Free meals under $6
Cons
Too many
ok place to work if you like fast food jobs
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJanuary 9, 2019
I will never work there again but I was desperate and needed a job asap, and I moved up Krystal's ladder in less then a week I was supervising. the smell of the food will eventually make you sick BUT EVERYONES DIFFERENT. besides that, its a J.O.B
Pros
75% Discount on lunch only
Cons
i, personally didnt like the food.
Use to be an awesome place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2018
When I first started here, things were amazing. Approaching my 10 year mark things started to go a little to corporate and less employee friendly. The wages and benefits were outstanding. This company is responsible for most of what I have today. For that I thank them for the opportunity. I only hope one day they get back to their core family values (not likely), and be what I once knew. I left because they forgot about the people that make their business run. SO good luck.
Ups and down
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 27, 2018
Krystals was a good place to work because of the area, meeting new people everyday, and the children. So I was very grateful to be such a team member of Krystal and apart of individuals lives.
Pros
Getting paid every week
Cons
Not getting off on time, good workers always scheduled for weekends, messy managers, messy co workers, too involved in each other lives
Pretty good as a first job. but permanent and to be based on living not worth it.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 26, 2018
When i was working there Management was good but it kind of went down hill after i left (Now I'm not saying i was part of the success) and people come and go out of there. It is a good first job for high school students but as a means of leaving try something else.
Terrible Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAOctober 4, 2018
Krystal's was my first job.It was the worst time of my working life.The management was poor , we were not given breaks correctly , I didn't even get paid for at least 6 hours of work that I did after I cam back from maternity leave.Which is unpaid and they took me out of the system completely when I had my son.All together it was just a terrible work experience.
It was great at first
Crew Memeber (Current Employee) –  Decatur GaAugust 31, 2018
As I said it was great in the beginning but as soon as I had issues at home that caused me to have my hours cut only for a week things started changing the manager was basically taking me off of the schedule asked for my regular schedule was put at less than 9 hours a WEEK. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB IF YOU HAVE A REAL LIFE. THE MONEY WAS NOT ENOUGH AND TO GET MY HOURS CUT WAS DEVASTATING ON TOP OF NOT BEING ABLE TO JUST LEAVE THE JOB.
Pros
Free food, slow
Cons
No real pay, long hours, rude customers
Stressful and unwilling to understand
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GASeptember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to work with customers and greet them with a friendly face. The hardest part was the unwillingness to cooperate with my mental health issues, and forcing me to complete tasks I told them I would be unable to do. I since then have changed and got help, but the stress and hostility I got for my conditions alone made the job unbearable to work in. This was my first job, and they made it easy for me to learn, gave me time to adapt, and helped me when I needed it. The managers were very kind yet harsh and strict, as most should be. I gained a friendship, and the experience of working here was a unique one that I am glad I have been blessed to go through. I wish I could have stayed longer, but life got in the way.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unhealthy environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I learned how to multitask, how to remember things and learned how to keep a friendly greeting on my face, I wanted to move up in a company and they always look for open management position . the hardest part of this job was moving really fast sometimes in a hot environment. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from all over the world
Pros
half off on meals
Cons
no benefits
Very good environment for beginners or someone who is looking to expand there self in the restaurant business
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJanuary 6, 2019
Very good company all of the upper management and management inside the store is very generous and they try to work with you as far as flexibility and maintaining a very healthy work relationship.
productive
shift leader mangnger (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 6, 2018
Krystals is productive some times fun. Other wise very straight forwardd like any other fast joint. It's beginner entry fast pace. None stop being yelled at by everyone. Doing your job plus others while trying to focus on the comstomer.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not many hire up positions available, not many job perks or needed conpentastion.