KTA Super Stores Employee Reviews

Mixed feelings
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HISeptember 9, 2019
They are true to their word of serving world class service with a local touch and making everyone someone special everyday. It's nice that they offer a paid 10 minute break. Management is poor comparing to other jobs I've had. Favoritism comes highly into play. They expect your 110% plus more, but it still wouldn't be enough. Scheduling can be a pain, they make changes to schedule and wont say anything until the last minute/day of which results in a write up on your part. There isnt much job security unless you got it in with the higher-ups. Drama and gossip within the workplace is amongst the worst in my experiences and is handled poorly.
Pros
Paid 10 minute breaks
Cons
Unfair, plays favoritism, difficult scheduling
It was an awesome experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIAugust 19, 2019
I enjoyed getting up and going to work at kta I learned a lot from working there. I think at the store I was working at the management was a little crazy but over all it was great. They hardest part was not saying anything when managers took side or even said thing that wasn’t true. The best or enjoyable part was I worked In Ac and I got to meet new people everyday.
Fun place to work but no over time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kealakekua, HIJuly 26, 2019
Kta is a great store to work for. I started out as a cashier and after a few months was bumbed up to supervisor in training, but they work you full time hours and do not offer benefits. They are very misleading
Pros
Fair schedule
Cons
Long lunch breaks
Too needy.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kona, HIApril 12, 2019
They want more and more from you. You give 110% and they still want another 10. You have a complicated availability? Theyll want you to open even if you can't. And they hound you about it.
Pros
Good job starter
Cons
They hook you in, and ask for more
Good place to work.
Assistant Meat Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 4, 2019
Good place to work. Fast paced. Work hard and moving up is quick. Always learning and growing with a great company that has been serving the needs of the big island of Hawaii for over 100 years
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Erratic work schedule.
Obamacare thinned out the full-time staff; reduced hours.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIJanuary 15, 2019
This was a good job until Obamacare came along and the number of full-time employees was reduced in order to save on health insurance expenses. No healthcare had to be provided for part-time workers with less than 30 hours per week. Good for the employer, but not so much for the employees.
The employer had to reduce the number of workers, and eventually some, like me, got the pink slip.
Pros
Job was close to home, a short commute.
Cons
KTA was a local food store chain with high expenses. Strictly business.
productive, fun and great workplace
Cashier and Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIAugust 14, 2018
It is ensured that everyone is satisfied and feels as if they were family. There are always smiling faces. The customers and employees always feel welcomed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIAugust 14, 2018
Very good place to work very thorough and wants to make sure that you know what u need to do to get the best possible work done for yourself and of course the customers, management is great really nice
not worth working for.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kealakekua, HIJuly 10, 2018
its a slow typical day at work everyday. what i learned was that the management is poor. the workplace culture is great im close with some employees. the hardest part of the job was the slow speed at the store. i loved going to see the employees that made me feel comfortable.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, poor management, slow business
Fun place to start for working experience.
POINT OF SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HI 96720July 10, 2018
Customer service with a local touch,
Local buisness, with local people.
Co- worker's are friendly, and the store gets super busy. The management team works hard to take care the employees as well as the community with aloha.
great locally owned company
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 29, 2018
very active in community, very successful (100 years in business) family owned company. Accommodating and flexible work schedules,and offers competitive salaries.
it was Allright
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HINovember 28, 2017
I say 50-50 I work there for one year I like working there it's just that I hate the fact that I work so hard and my pay is low so I found another job I had a friend who started after me he got paid way more than me I see that it's not fair because I work there longer than him plus I only got one raised while I was workin there so I decided it's time to move to another job.
Pros
1hour break and 10 min
Cons
no free lunch, no discounts
Good starter job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HINovember 13, 2017
This place was my first job right out of high school. They helped with the start of my employment and getting used to making money and dealing with customers
KTA is Ohana
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waikoloa, HI 96738October 25, 2017
A fantastic company to work for and the fellow employees are equally as amazing. I loved working there. The asmosphere of KTA is O'Hara (family). I saw it not only with enteral ting with employees but with customers as well.
Pros
Great employees, very little drama, awesome customers, and very generous benefits package for full and part timers.
Cons
Seriously can't think of any.
Productive anc fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HISeptember 20, 2017
Fun to work with employees and love helping customers
Supervisors are okay to work with
The most joyful part working at Kta is helping out the customers and making them feel welcome
Productive and friendly place to work with others
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamuela, HIJuly 21, 2017
Clock in and greet and assist customers
The flexibility with work was very helpful, i was able to attend college full time as well as work and have no problem if i needed to request time off. the management was very supportive in making sure i focused on school as my priority.
Productive place
Deli Clerk /Part Time (Former Employee) –  Kamuela, HIMarch 13, 2017
Nice workplace, friendly and helpfu associates
Bosses are accommodating, easy to approach when it comes to critical issues.
Bosses are very considerate.
Pros
with medical care, with paid 10 minutes break
Cons
A lot of work not enough hours (6hrs.)
100 years in operation
Deli Clerk/Cooks Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIMay 23, 2016
A 100 year old, family based company that provides outstanding customer service, appreciates and cares for their customers and it's community.
Family oriented, good leadership, great place to work
Warehouse & Meat Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMarch 23, 2016
Awesome place to work, company really takes care of their workers and works on career building. Management has a strong support system, lot of opportunity to grow and learn different areas of sales.
convienent to shop, close to home, nice store
P.O.S. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kamuela, HIMarch 31, 2012
give everybody a chase to prove themselves
close to home
convienient
nice store
Pros
lots of customers, early schedule
Cons
unfair at times, some are not treated equal