KTA Super Stores Employee Reviews in Kailua-Kona, HI

It was an awesome experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIAugust 19, 2019
I enjoyed getting up and going to work at kta I learned a lot from working there. I think at the store I was working at the management was a little crazy but over all it was great. They hardest part was not saying anything when managers took side or even said thing that wasn’t true. The best or enjoyable part was I worked In Ac and I got to meet new people everyday.
Obamacare thinned out the full-time staff; reduced hours.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIJanuary 15, 2019
This was a good job until Obamacare came along and the number of full-time employees was reduced in order to save on health insurance expenses. No healthcare had to be provided for part-time workers with less than 30 hours per week. Good for the employer, but not so much for the employees.
The employer had to reduce the number of workers, and eventually some, like me, got the pink slip.
Pros
Job was close to home, a short commute.
Cons
KTA was a local food store chain with high expenses. Strictly business.
productive, fun and great workplace
Cashier and Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIAugust 14, 2018
It is ensured that everyone is satisfied and feels as if they were family. There are always smiling faces. The customers and employees always feel welcomed.
it was Allright
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HINovember 28, 2017
I say 50-50 I work there for one year I like working there it's just that I hate the fact that I work so hard and my pay is low so I found another job I had a friend who started after me he got paid way more than me I see that it's not fair because I work there longer than him plus I only got one raised while I was workin there so I decided it's time to move to another job.
Pros
1hour break and 10 min
Cons
no free lunch, no discounts
Family oriented, good leadership, great place to work
Warehouse & Meat Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMarch 23, 2016
Awesome place to work, company really takes care of their workers and works on career building. Management has a strong support system, lot of opportunity to grow and learn different areas of sales.