Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews

Found 523 reviews matching the search See all 1,981 reviews
If you want to be treated fairly, don’t work here.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 24, 2019
I was directly hired this past year. My dad then developed major complications from lymphoma that required me to help him with appointments once a week. Thus having to take time off. Mind you KN has a very strict 6 point call out rule. I hit my pinnicale this past week when I got really sick. They will NOT honor doctors notes. So I was let go. My immediate supervisor was helpful in terms of letting me have my requested days off, but HR was not.
Overall, the company seems pretty solid, plenty of work and the opportunity to move up. Make sure you are healthy and do not have any sick family members, because they WILL throw you away like a dirty old sock.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
HR is terrible. Favoritism is ripe. Long hours.
good for job
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 23, 2019
clean and safe environment , friendly. good workplace. follow the all safety management,. weekly meeting for safety . good management in every sector.
Hambiente agradable para laboral
Conductor de forkli (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Es una buena compañía que empieza con buenas condiciones para laboral aun que como es muy nueva le falta algo de experiencia para unificar los criterios de sus supervisores
Pros
Buen hambiente de trabajo
Cons
Por falta de experiencia los supervisores no modifican sus reglas de la compañia
Good Place to Work.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2019
Kuehne + Nagel International AG is a global transport and logistics company based in Schindellegi, Switzerland. It was founded in 1890, in Bremen, Germany, by August Kühne and Friedrich Nagel.
Not a good place to work
Wharehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 15, 2019
The people were very good that I worked with.Management wasvery difficult they changed work schedule without notice.the workplace culture was not that good.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
pay is no good
It was fun
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 14, 2019
I worked with some people I knew, and even though wearhouse work isnt fun at all times. We kept our moral up. I enjoyed working for K&N. I hated to leave but the opportunity to work at the DOC was something I couldn't pass up. I miss those guys.
Good but a lot of unorganized work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Could be a career if management was better clean work area better system would help a lot and also a better punctual system nice on overtime always available 24 hour facility
Very bad lack of management assistance
Operational supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I have so many examples that I can’t list them all here it’s a good company but the Houston office is just not up to par.

It is a great family feeling going to work there it’s just badly managed.
Pros
Cons
Had great healthcare
Horrible place to work
International/Domestic Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2019
This was by far the worst place that i have worked for. Kuehne-Nagel as a whole is a good company. The Performance Health building is horrible. i was a Supervisor for three years and never received a raise. Worked most Saturdays with no extra pay. The upper management is lacking Professionalism. Hr is a joke i would never recommend anyone to work there
Harsh places
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 10, 2019
K&N is a company that is ran by people who only cares about the higher levels management workers. The turnover for the company is very high due to them constantly switching works start and end schedules.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Just about everything
Fun enviroment
QUALTY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 2, 2019
Love the culture at Kuehne-nagel.. I learned a lot at Kuehne-nagel training was always available .A typical day at work was going into the office with a smile, everyone greets you . I prepare for the work day with scanning my emails and priorotizing them.
Read my review and tips
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 31, 2018
Working here they expect you on site at least 30 mins before fast working environment 10 hour shifts. Eat healthy and bring coffee. Be detail oriented sometimes require you to look for small thing on small boxes
Progressive Company
Research Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York StateDecember 31, 2018
With a company growing at their capacity there is a problem with growing pains and strategic direction to incorporate this.

My job function stretched and varied based upon need.
Productive and somewhat stressful invironment
MHE Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2018
Kuehne+Nagel is an alright company it has its ups and downs i wouldnt recommend it to a person who enjoys time with their family... The management is unstable at the facility i am employed at
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Poor management and high turn over rate
Great company
Operational Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 26, 2018
The training program that the company put you through is very even flow and concentration to detail prepare employees for their career inside the company.
You will be harassed and thrown out if they don’t like you
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 25, 2018
Don’t work here
Management is fake and will sexually and racially harass you. Kuehne & Nagel doesn’t care about their employees only avoiding an HR case. You don’t matter to them.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unappreciated, drama
not a good place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 25, 2018
Just a real bad place to work. They don't care about their employees unless you're Hispanic. They do company BBQs to try to keep company moral up. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Company BBQ
Cons
Don't Care about employees
good
Export Coordinator shipping and packing (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 18, 2018
excellent place to work, extremely security, the lead is a excellent person, the manager is very good guy too .

I learned a lot in these place, the give me the opportunity to learn.
Review
Billing Administrator Cartage Pharma Chain (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 17, 2018
It is a great company that make sure all it staff is taken care of. The staff is very respectful. I have learned a lot of new stuff since 2012. The connection I had with my team I will never forget.
Company culture starts with yourself. Don't wait for someone else.
Customs Brokerage Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2018
Wherever you go, it helps to have at least a few allies to support your cause/purposes. Working at SFO office, I have the honor to work with a talented group of people who deeply understand the experimental San Francisco Bay Area market. Our data-driven clients, whether young or established, has helped us become a better company. Our client relationships have driven our vision and mission, even at the branch level. Sure, it helps to know some important heads and know where to navigate within our massive orgchart, but our clients are the ones who truly drive our culture and strategic acquisitons/development. It also helps to have a big picture mindset, but don't get too obsessed in it and lose your humanity. People aren't just numbers in the ledger, but rather high performance and GP are symptoms of subjective successes and meaningful customer relationships.

Company culture starts with yourself. Don't wait for someone else to implement it for you. It's easy to settle with the diffused responsibility working at big company, but you decide whether to get things done or not and motivate others. I'm proud of my team and I stand for all of us.
Pros
Agency, Our Intranet/Internal Resource Library, Proactive Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Quality Recruitment Processes

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kuehne + Nagel.

Powered by Comparably