Kum & Go Employee Reviews

Fast pace work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 13, 2018
Working at this store was very fast pace for a gas station and a lot to do . No moving up in this company and lack of training from management, Working different shift and different hours
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Bad company.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 11, 2018
This company is a joke, they pretend to care about employees but do nothing but put their boots to their necks while pretending to care about them. They pretend to care about quality customer service while only providing the minimum payment, benefits, and coverage to their stores and employees, so that thi goal is nigh impossible. They have contradicting company goals that make tasks near impossible to complete and see employees as incredibly hireable but easily dispensable. Seriously bad company that monopolises on the needy; both employee and customer-wise.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
It was okay
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 11, 2018
The manager was fired shortly after I left for a high turnover rate (3 people quit while I worked there) but the company was good and my coworkers were nice. The job wasn't hard at all but kept you busy during your time there.
The experience depends on the General Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 11, 2018
I have a wonderful, efficient General Manager. I enjoy working this job. I have heard that other employees for other stores have not had that experience
Employees try best they can with what they are given
Food manager (Former Employee) –  Northwood, IAAugust 10, 2018
Corp says they listen support and care about employees but they dont return emails phone calls ect. No support you are supposed to blindly follow even when they are in the dark as to what really is going on at store level
Pros
Staff not management
Cons
Management is all about bonuses and working as little as possible
Great to meet and work with people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fair Grove, MOAugust 8, 2018
This job was great for beig able to work at a set pace on an overnight shift, I worked in a location in a small country townso business slowed down quite a bit in the night time hours, Great for interacting with people.
Pros
Working at a set pace, decent hours.
Cons
No break schedule, often time you can go 6-7 hours without a break.
Interesting place
HR Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 6, 2018
It has been an interesting place to work. Very much a family run organization. Great incentives at the director/manager level. Very flat from an organizational standpoint.
Work place was involved and fast moving.
Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 4, 2018
I love working for this company, but there are negatives to the positives. Upper management keeps adding more to the work load of those managers under them without realizing what stress and stain it puts not only on the lower managers but their families and personal lives. Pay and compensation are reasonable and higher than other convienient stores.
Pros
Discounted product made. Y the company.
Cons
Educational opportunities, benefits.
Loved it,Stressful though
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2018
So this was my first job after my hiatus from a previous job.I started out in the Kitchen, then cross trained on the registers. I was moved on the register/counter duties after 2 months of working in the kitchen. About 6 months in a few managers started to leave, went through a complete overhaul of Management. I was given the role of Sales Manager due to being the most qualified at the time. there was one other manager (normally there was 2 others) was dreadful, but stuck through it. The Customers were my favorite part of the job, most of them live such vivid lives so it was easy to become a family of sorts with the regulars.
Pros
Customers, Pay, Paid Time Off, Hours
Cons
Creeps, Night shifts
Neither for or against
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 1, 2018
Over all I had a positive experience, by the little things added up and outweighed the benefits. My breakdown was with the lac of communication and the general lack of universal accountability.
They promotes customer interaction
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 1, 2018
Working there was heavily motivated by customers. We always aim for customer satisfaction and enforce a fun environment for the customers and workers at each individual store.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
lack of breaks
Great store
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 30, 2018
management is friendly, coworkers are great, and they stress being happy, having fun, and good relationships with your co workers. they teach you everything you need to know but don't hold your hand.
Very unprodctive place to work
Sales Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJuly 30, 2018
No communication with employees ,lack of responsibility of employees. .safety equipment not repaired in a timely fashion. Lack of concern for employees safety very poor.
GMs never took the job seriously.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 29, 2018
I loved working for the company. Only problem was the General Manager. My personal opinion is the GM was not ready for that position. This GM let employees do whatever they wanted. This GM allowed employees to be late everyday. They never got disciplined. GM would show up hours late himself/herself for their shift. Then leave early cause they were the GM. Soo many associates were left to do what that GM was suppose to do. He/she wouldn't help anyone and it would be too stressful. Jobs are not suppose to be "easy" but you should be able to ask your boss for help and that person actually help.. The office really needs to pay more attention to their GMs
Pros
Insurance, pay
Cons
No one gets vacation unless you're management. Then only GMs got more then 1 week..
Good Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Boone, IAJuly 28, 2018
I liked working there, they where flexible when I was in college and if I need more or less hours. Needed someone to cover my shift. I had double shift most of my shift.
fun to interact with the community
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAJuly 26, 2018
i enjoyed seeing everyone on a daily basis and getting to know each person personally. i enjoyed working close with te management and other employees as well as kitchen staffit flowed very efficently
Grow or die.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 23, 2018
If you aren't making advancements, you will be left to wither in the shadows. It is a successful family business that has grown past the point of feeling like a family owned business and if you don't stand out, you will go unnoticed.
Pros
Employee discounts on food while on the clock, opportunity for advancements if you work hard and keep vocal about your intentions.
Cons
Expensive insurance options, very limited PTO (20 year veteran gets the same as new hire in same position), pay is based on market average.
Gas station
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 22, 2018
this is a good place to work and also has a great opportunity to move up in the company. i really enjoyed my time working here and would recommend it to anyone.
I am a former employee of K&G Golden
Sales/Food (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 17, 2018
I am a former employee of K&G Golden and I love the store and I love A Degner, a great manager who leads an amazing team. The employees are all friendly and helpful, not to mention generous.
Unchanging, boring
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethany, MOJuly 12, 2018
Not much room for advancement, no change in daily activities/chores. management plays favorites, boring, drag your feet to go in and can't wait to leave
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
NO Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kum & Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight