Kum & Go Employee Reviews

Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. Pay was very good and I had a great time working with my coworkers. Overall it was a great and friendly place to work and would definitely go back
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nice Place To Work When the Place Is Not Discriminative Or Push You Provocatively
Overnight Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryant, AROctober 3, 2018
I liked The Overnight Shift And The regulars were Suprised I Worked There Because I seas The First African american There In That Workplace And I was cleaning All Night As They Thought I should When There Should Have Been Someone There For Housekeeping I Applid For An Overnight Sales Associates i Did Everything In The Store From Cooking To cleaning To Counting Safe And Lottery And Inventory etc.
Pros
Pay Turns Out Ok, As Well As Me Becoming Noticed At work
Cons
Bossy, Pushovers Etc
customers fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 2, 2018
no sitting on feet 8-10 hours per day very busy always short staffed and GM usually does most of work. Very little support from supervision when it comes to having to keep store running. Most GM work 6 sometimes 7 days per week if they care about the store to keep standards up to par. Human resource needs to be looked at very difficult to hire associates on a timley basis.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no chairs no sitting
Fun but serious
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  200 US HWY 63, BonoSeptember 29, 2018
I loved working there because my co workers were very welcoming and funny and helpful to new workers. I also loved getting free drinks. They always pushed me to have more responsibilities as the time went on as I worked.
Great Place To Work
Sales Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IASeptember 26, 2018
The job has its pro and cons but it a job. You do what you have to do in order to make a living I loved working there until I had to end the job due to racism.
average pay for below average hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 25, 2018
fun work but too many hours
difficult hiring process for employees
minimum perks for general managers
best boss I've ever had
co workers were extremely amazing
Depend on who you get as a manager
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, OKSeptember 24, 2018
Working there was very busy, but fun. Management was great, but of course it somewhat depends on personalities as managers are given quite a bit of leeway in how they run their stores.
Not at all the culture I hired into
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 19, 2018
This company has gone down hill if you are not in the clicks or stuffed up managements rear end you will be stuck on the worst shifts and treated like dirt. I high recommend any other place of employment to anyone. The company doesn’t care about its employees or their family life. If you are not the gm’s pet forget it. They will work you until you are unhealthy and then fuss at you for not running full tilt all day long. Don’t do it just don’t! People are working on drugs and no one will listen. Don’t waste your time it’s not what you know it’s who you know to get promoted and notice given to you.
Pros
Decent benefits although expensive
Cons
Not enough room to write all the cons
Liked this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COSeptember 19, 2018
Started working at a new store in the Springs. I worked most nights. Shifts had many tasks. Taking care of customers, keeping it clean, Trash, inside and out. Pumps clean, parking lot maintained. Store stocked. The store was always busy.
Management at this store was also great but with a lot of turnover. This store was difficult to keep clean.
I was there for about 2 years then moved to a store closer to my home. This store was always busy also., Always something to do. Cashiering, cleaning, stocking, keeping up with the coffee. This was a challenge! Truck days are very busy.
I think the customers and crew are the best part of any job.
Pros
401 K and the crew
Cons
no breaks for non smokers
Fast Paced work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day at work involved me having to be on my toes as soon as I clocked in! I was running around doing my duties and then also ring up and cash out customers. Since it was a gas station, it would have its moments where I just stood at the register for the past hour or 2 hours. I worked overnight so I would have 2-3 hours of quiet time in the store to do my cleaning and paperwork for the night so I wouldnt have to worry about it later on when it got busy. Im the morning around 4-7 am, it would get really crazy busy with customers. I couldn't leave the counter to go home until after all the crazy died down.
Pros
free foutain drinks
Cons
alot of rude customers
Hectic place at times not enough help
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines iowaSeptember 7, 2018
Typical day was paperwork, helping customers, stock, clean, put away whatever was not previously some, then two days a week there was grocery order to put away.
Pros
Fun customers
Cons
Different shifts
Not a bad place if you work with the right people
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Lamoni, IASeptember 5, 2018
management was to busy being involved in the drama rather than try to fix it. Multiple times I had teenagers i worked with cause problems, starting rumors. Not a bad job if you can keep up with the fast pace of rushes.
Pros
decent work for a decent price
Cons
lousy management and poor co-workers
Fast paced with lots of advancement opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 1, 2018
Great paying company that is always expanding and trying to become more. Fun to build your own high quality team and watch the competitiveness come alive amongst other stores with certain contests. Sometimes it can be difficult to maintain work home life balance. But great way to advance your career.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Sometimes work/life balance is extremely difficult to maintain.
Not the best place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 30, 2018
It was very slow paced and wasn't very engaging. Every day at this job feels the same and there is never any variety the only positive about the job is the breaks and free fountain drinks.
Pros
free soda, good breaks
Cons
Boring, slow
Fun work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2018
I loved working with the public . It's a new experience everyday. Got to meet a lot of people. The company has great advancement. Very flexible with family and or school
Great Coworkers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IA 50701August 23, 2018
Fast paced, very busy, and stressful environment. Great coworkers make the job much more enjoyable. Good overall company to work for. Work with 100s of customers a day can leave you either in a very good mood or, depending on customer treatment, a bad mood.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No breaks
Productive place
Kitchen Associate (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 19, 2018
Great place to start. If you're not just starting out, there are better and more competitive place with much better pay and benefits. Its very fast paced, and you would be better off starting on the store side if your wanting a promotion.
If your not one of them your nothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 14, 2018
I loved some of the people I worked with, but that got old when people would leave because they wanted to, or they felt like it. Associates yelling at customers and associates and managers on their phones.
Cons
Poor management
Fast pace work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 13, 2018
Working at this store was very fast pace for a gas station and a lot to do . No moving up in this company and lack of training from management, Working different shift and different hours
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Bad company.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 11, 2018
This company is a joke, they pretend to care about employees but do nothing but put their boots to their necks while pretending to care about them. They pretend to care about quality customer service while only providing the minimum payment, benefits, and coverage to their stores and employees, so that thi goal is nigh impossible. They have contradicting company goals that make tasks near impossible to complete and see employees as incredibly hireable but easily dispensable. Seriously bad company that monopolises on the needy; both employee and customer-wise.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kum & Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight