Kum & Go Employee Reviews

great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, IAJanuary 16, 2019
Greeting customers with a positive attitude and a smile. You learn how to speak to others and communicate with different people. Management is okay but could use more help because of the turnover rate. Benefits of the job are great and the pay is weekly.
Friendly environment with many tasks to occupy your time
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bono, ARJanuary 15, 2019
This is a great place to work for anyone who enjoys customer service, handling money, cooking, and a promotional ladder. The managers offer monthly goals for our store and if they were achieved, the employees would be rewarded for their hard work. The management here is outstanding. If a customer has any complaints, we were expected to solve the issues at hand. If you wouldn't be able to make to your next shift, the managers would work with you which made life less stressful and offered us a feeling of loyalty to the company.
Pros
Discounted Fountain soda, great management, friendly employees, monthly goals and reward systems, and flexible hours.
Productive and always busy during the day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed my fellow employee's the pay was good and the team was helpful when needed.I loved my customers and getting to know people and becoming a part of my customers life.
Hated it
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 14, 2019
I was a an employee for 8 months and I worked hard there loved going to there and work for the first 5 months and than I was treated unfairly and hated it the last 3 months got treated unfairly and poorly and was let go for something I didn’t do tips I wouldn’t ever work here
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IAJanuary 7, 2019
They really took care of their staff and customer's. Their corporate vision for growth caused a lot of small town locations to close and good people to lose jobs.
Good Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Neola, IAJanuary 3, 2019
This is a good company to work for. They offer a few benefits for regular associates and sales managers. They also have amazing benefits they offer for general managers.
Pros
flexible hours
Steady job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 3, 2019
It was always busy and on your feet. I never really recieved breaks because of how busy the way you kinda got a break was when you went to stock the fridge or shelves. But overall it was a great family and friend business so if you can handle being on your feet constant and seeing new faces every per millisecond then this is a job for you
I loved this job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2019
normal day in the kitchen!
Breakfast, maintain good selection of fresh products for customers
prep pizzas, sandwiches hot and cold for next shift, day
keep kitchen clean and food dated for freshness.
paperwork, daily delivery entries into system
vendor management, control of what comes in from each vendor so as not to have to much stock and not to run out.
place kitchen order twice a week to assure plenty of product
reset shelfs, when schematics change, reset to new skids, make sure enough product to fill shelves.
Inventory - inventory sections weekly to assure product counts are accurate.
Cooler: stock, reorganize as needed to assure freshness of products.
Clean store, bathrooms, kitchen.
Pros
Always something to do, kept me busy
Cons
at times not enough hours available for proper staffing
fast paced work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 2, 2019
Everyday i was on my toes as soon as I clocked in to my shift. Yes there were times that it was slow and i would have 1-3 customers in that hour but it gave me time to do my paper work and other duties i was required to do each shift. There were times that i would have rude customers but i just continued to serve them with a smile.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
every other shift i would have to call the police because someone was suspicious
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, IAJanuary 1, 2019
When I worked at this company I did enjoy it, especially the customers that I waited on, I made a lot of friends there.
I would recommend this type of work to high school students.
Pros
I knew most of the customers that came into the store
Cons
I feel like I was asked to do a little more than what I was compensated for.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 1, 2019
Run the cash register
Sell alcohol, gas, cigarettes, drinks, food, lottery tickets
Sweep and mop the floor
Restock product on delivery days
Change pop BIBS
Pros
Free warm snacks and pop
Cons
Can work long hours
lots of good customers and some bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 31, 2018
its just a job it has its ups and downs i would help the customers clean the floor the bathrooms and sometimes make the food i learned that bathroom spray can get marker and ink off the walls my manager would not even say hi to me but be all happy to see everyone elts
Pros
when it was time to throw the food away, the kitchen always asked if anyone, (that worked there) wanted to eat it
Cons
no benifets
Love working here
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 29, 2018
I loved working for this company but some of the generals are not there for their team and will no got the extra mile when it is their store. It is hard to work under someone who doesnt care about their team.
Pros
DIscounts
Cons
General Managers who are not team players.
It was a fast working environment, and got work done quickly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Silt, CODecember 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at a fast pace. We got work done quickly as customers came and left the store. We also were very friendly to everyone that came in!
Pros
In the beginning I was given good hours and was being trained.
Cons
I didn’t have enough training.
Great Job
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2018
If you want a relaxed simple job then working in the K&G kitchen is great. Relaxed timelines, and you work on your own the entire shift. I enjoyed the job.
Supportive and productive team.
Food Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 22, 2018
Through my experience at KumandGo I learned costumer service skills, and how to work in a fast-paced environment. For a typical day we had a list of items to achieve, with the responsibility of food service. The managers worked with the employees to encourage team work, to make accommodating schedules, and represent leadership through the work that we were accounted for. Part of the job was to put hundreds of boxes in the freezers within one day, this was the most stressful part of my job. Throughout the year I worked with KumandGo the best part was the amount of team work and support I received from the workplace.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, under-staffed
Pay was horrible but the customers were great
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 17, 2018
Loved the customers that came in just to see me. The pay is the problem and feeling like you are working at a dead end job. But the employees that worked there are friendly. Just hate knowing I maxed out my hourly pay. They did try and give me a one time bonus every year instead of a raise.
Pros
Customers that came in
Cons
General manager and poor pay
Good for first time job
Customer Service and Return Desk (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 17, 2018
There is not a lot of advancement in this company and there are some days that you will get really good hours and other days you will get really low hours.
This is a good company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 14, 2018
my days where 10-12 hrs long 5 days a week I love the people that come in and enjoyed the challenges of the day to day operations
the hardest part of my day was dealing with people that where on drugs and getting the police involved.
make customers days better
Pros
discounts on meals and paid time off
Cons
n/a
Easy money
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IADecember 12, 2018
This Job fit well with my personality, I really enjoyed making people smile. The people made the job so easy to want to go into work, both customers and employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kum & Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight