Kum & Go logo

Kum & Go Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

Becomes your entire life

For Management the job becomes your entire life. You are overworked and my particular district manager did not give you the correct tools to succeed. Kum and Go expectations are extreme and they want perfection. Your value as an employee are based off of numbers on a spreadsheet and not actual in store experiences.

Benefits

Cons

Stressful and overworked

High stress, supervisors that do not care.

When the store is short staffed, supervisors will insist that you cover all shifts. That's the beauty of salary, right? Wrong. They do not care about your family or life out side of work. Corporate expects us to work in all sorts of environments while they sit at home and send ridiculous emails on what they want us to do at store level.

Pros

My associates. They only reason i stayed so long.

Cons

Supervisors, not paid fairly

Favoritism and Stress Abounds

Management does not care for employees. Treat them like numbers. They don't train anyone fully, especially on break policies or how to request time off. They treat work comp as the injured party's responsibility. Including not paying for the wages of time missed due to injury. They expect you to get coverage for shifts even in emergency situations. They will short you on your pay if you don't check. Everyone talks about everybody, including managers and assistant managers. Not a good environment for mental health or those with physical disabilities.

Pros

Regulars, free fountain drinks

Cons

Short breaks, high stress situations, no way to get ahead

Great company

Great company to work for and we get weekly pay and bonuses company wide, the flexpool option is awesome too. The company has taken a great 180° in managing their stores and making people successful.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Short staffed

Good pay, lazy managers

Pay was great, benefits were great. Management always left early & never volunteered to work ot, always pressured people to come to work on their time off. No breaks, short staffed all the time, no double coverage and managers would be mad that certain things weren’t done in those conditions.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

No breaks, bad management

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Gas Station Jobs Done Right

It's all about who you work with. I worked at two Kum n Go locations, and both were drastically different. The coworkers really make all the difference, given you're going to spend so much time with them. But, in the end you meet some interesting people (like the regulars, they're always fun), and it's overall just a good time.

Pros

Flexible hours, Fun staff, Easy

Cons

It's a gas station job

Good Place if You Get the Right GM

The job and your happiness depend entirely on the management and some managers aren't all too great. The company attempts to make every associate feel cared for, and I can honestly say they succeed. There's a ton of great benefits and it's extremely easy to grow with the company. Its not an easy job, but people go into it thinking it will be and fail. You deal with fast pace environments with some angry customers, so you have to be able to handle yourself. The only con I ever see is the fact that they don't fire associates when they should. Alot of wonderful workers leave because their tired of having to make up for the bad eggs.

Pros

Family atmosphere, pay, growth with the company

Cons

Not firing bad associates, some management

Decent rate of pay

Overall it is not a horrible company to work for, but after 4 years I’ve began noticing a huge change in direction and there is no more care for loyalty from upper management to associates. There is always more work added to a long list of tasks and never any help to get the tasks done. Associate turnover is astronomically high and is always creating a burden on other associates. GMs are always looking out only for themselves and are beyond hypocritical of their “team” members. You are only allowed 2 (10 minute) breaks per 8 hour shift and no meal break, but smokers can go outside as many times as they like. Especially GMs who smoke, outside most of their shift smoking and “on conference calls”.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Lack of breaks, no real leadership

Not that great

Very liberal company from a political standpoint, and they are not shy about expressing that. Politics have no room in a work place. They claim they care so much about their employees, but will have no problem running them in the ground to make a dollar. They have too many stores and not enough people to work them. Most of their overnights are solely worked by one person. I see that as a huge safety issue. Raises are an insult. I’ve been a top performer and been in good standing with this company for almost three years now, and have new hires making more than me.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, poor compensation, small staff

Overall

The job tasks are not hard to do. With some common sense and motivation you can get alot done. I have moved up in the company and I believe that they treated me fairly in the process.

Pros

Always something to do. Good benefits. Structured schedule

Cons

Toxic work environment.

Jobs at Kum & Go

See more jobs

Best Retail Job I've Worked

Overall great company. They truly care for there employees from the benefits, work life balance, and our health. District Supervisor is one of the best I've ever had. He cars and is always involved in what is happening in the stores. Dont see myself going any where anytime soon.

Pros

Discount Food and Drinks, Quarterly Bonus, Set Schedule, Weekly Pay

Cons

Short Breaks

A fun and productive workplace

Kum & go in Colorado was one of the best places that I've ever worked since I dont have a degree yet. Fun place to work great benefits nice convenience store and unlike most convenience stores. Good food nice people decent pay.

Its a good place, some times.

Kum and go is a decent company to work for besides the fact of management not listening to anyone for differentiating views that they do not agree with. Overall a decent place to work if moneys tight, but other than that its not worth the mental toll of being the only person to close a store.

Pros

Half price on made in store foods, and sometimes free drinks

Cons

Management does not care for personal health

Overall good, but lots of opportunity on their part

Worked for Kum and Go for awhile and have been promoted a few times during that period. If you want to rise within the company, hard-work and dedication will achieve that. I've loved my time but I just need a change if pace. Kum and Go can be constant work and stress at times without higher-ups realizing the amount of work they're putting on their people. It feels like give-give-give sometimes and no matter how much you try, the negatives will be focused on.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Basically no breaks unless you smoke

Fast paced

Every day was another adventure, you were never sure the day would be the same as yesterday, constant cleaning and a positive attitude were a basic necessity for the job.

Pros

Half off food, half off merch, amazing insurance, weekly pay

Cons

Short breaks- if anylll

Exhausting

This company does not care about its employees at all. We work endlessly even on our days off while the GM continues to get her days off. Absolutely no recognition for the work you do. Corporate does not care about what's going on in the store and sure doesn't care about the employees. While the corporate and GMs are living high we barely make ends meet! For the amount of work we do the pay is ridiculous!

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, low pay, exhausting work, lucky if you get a day off

Productive and fun workplace

I can say that since I started working here I have exceeded my expectations as far as advancement. I've only been there a little over six months and have been promoted already.

Pros

Free lunch and paid holidays

Cons

It can be overwhelming at times

Depends on the store

My store (Dublin and Powers) was incredibly toxic. Management very obviously played favorites and gave everything to said favorites. My two coworkers were the hardest workers I’ve ever seen, yet both were cheated out of a management position due to age. Even after one took over the position for months when the previous manager walked out- no back pay, no benefits. Manager complained to us when another coworker needed emergency surgery- said it was extremely inconvenient and only offered her three days to recover. They gaslight and manipulate to get what they want from you. They make you feel sorry for them so you drop everything to do their job.

Pros

Half price hot food.

Cons

No breaks. Always understaffed. Unable to stand up to unruly customers at all.

The best thing I can say is that the paychecks arrive.

Kum&Go is all talk when it comes to supporting their employees, providing a healthy, fun, productive work environment, and any other benefits advertised. The few good managers and employees get burnt out and quit very very quickly, leaving behind people who are very good at brown nosing and being unpleasant.There is 0 respect for employees from management and higher up in the company, and little to no chance to climb up the ranks unless you're good at sucking up. Policies and laws don't seem to matter to some store managers who only care about their own egos, not the law or company policy or other human beings.Stores are atrociously understaffed, meaning nothing gets done and the store looks like garbage with no product out because employees are scheduled alone or with employees who avoid working like it's going out of style, which is basically the same thing.At the start of the pandemic, employees received hazard pay. That has been over and gone for months now, leaving many employees struggling to eat, house themselves, and attend to other basic needs even while working full time. The company is still making profit while the very sources of that profit are suffering and seeing none of the benefit.I have seen employees NOT fired for multiple instances of breaking the law, and I have seen employees get fired for their first instance of something that only warrants a talking to. Merit is not noticed or rewarded here. Some of the management I have encountered are the worst managers and some of the worst people I have ever had the misfortune of meeting or working for.

Pros

Paychecks show up

Cons

Hostile work environments, awful management, low pay, short or no breaks, not enough staff, not enough hours

We're like a family

My assistant manager offered me a place to stay when I was having a rough time at home. I'm about to have surgery. My boss agreed to let me take 1 week of medical leave and 1 week PTO. The management cares about you. My boss encourages me to take advantage of opportunities for college that we offer.

Pros

Good management, insurance, 5 days PTO that carries over if you don't use it, half off food on shift

Cons

Short breaks

My coworkers made working easy and fun. I wouldn’t recommend this job if you have responsibilities and if you can’t work a flexible schedule.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Kum & Go is terrible. If you can work part time and survive, you’re balance will be great. If you need full time, you will have no balance. Most full time positions require you to work days and nights and weekends.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Kum & Go are not at all competitive and I don’t get any benefits as a part time associate pulling in 30-40 hours a week.ManagementIn general, managers at Kum & Go are some are good, some are bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kum & Go. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kum & Go.
Powered byComparably