Kunes Country Auto Group Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Carroll, ILMarch 4, 2019
I have been at Kunes for 6 years. Kunes Country is continuing to grow and I plan on take advantage of the growth. My job of a Sales Manager is always challenging and I never know what the day will bring.
Pros
Demo
Cons
Hours
Great place to work!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oregon ilMarch 4, 2019
Great place to work for. Management and coworkers are great! One of the best pay plans I have had. Have been here over two years and look forward to many more to come.
Don't work for Kunes
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 2, 2018
Car sales is a very volatile business. However some companies can take this meaning to another level and Kunes definitely delivers on the refining of the word volatile.

Unrealistic sales targets, toxic work environment, questionable ethics, and over inflated prices on product
Great work environment, little opportunity for growth, little compensation growth
Digital Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIAugust 13, 2018
While I enjoyed my time at Kunes, the management was very limited access. As in, if you had a question or wanted a promotion, your chances of it happening was unlikely.

When I started, I took the job at the starting rate. I worked for two years, and asked to be bumped closer to the average pay for what I did.

While the increase I asked for was substantial, it was warranted, as I saved the company at LEAST that much money while I was there. I provided definitive expense reductions and showed direct improvements to the position that immediately resulted in growth of the company.

When I asked to be bumped up to even 20% less than going rate in that area for my position, I was told no almost immediately. Then after much further discussion and time, I was given a 5% increase.

It was obvious that there was little appreciate for the work I did, despite seeing growth. My immediate manager showed gratefulness for the extra effort I put into essentially designing my position, but ultimately, when you have 16 dealerships, all with general managers set in their ways, change doesn't happen fast, and often not at all.

A certain level of nepotism existed, including starting some "close to management" coworkers at higher salaries than myself, despite a significant lack of education, experience, or skill level.

All in all, I enjoyed my time, and while I learned a lot, I don't feel like this would be the place for you, if you desire recognition for your work or efforts.
Pros
Co workers support, friendly environment, relaxed
Cons
Lack of recognition, no management support, people think they know your job better than you
Nice Company, work to be done still
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIJuly 10, 2018
Mr. Kunes is a very charitable and caring guy. He's built up a company that proudly proclaims "Faith, Family, Giving Back." and that was what I found while employed there as a Sales Consultant with the Ford Store in Delavan. I loved the environment, the people and overall experience was positive.

That being said, the ultimate goal is to get paid, while still being able to look at yourself in the mirror. I got 10 signed agreements in my first month, but because of understaffing at the time, was unable to work 7 of them through the Finance Office - despite being a "Guaranteed Credit Approval" business.

I found most times that if we weren't able to do it 'same day' that it was a lost cause. Often times, I felt the business was undermining my ability to build value in a vehicle with shoddy Safety inspections, and so-called "repair" on concerns brought about by the State-Required Safety Inspections.

Ultimately, I couldn't make money outside of the training pay, so I left.
Great Place To Work & Opportunity To Move Up Within
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILJune 26, 2018
I am one and have seen numerous employees get moved up within the company. If you are a hard worker and dedicated, it is very possible. Kunes Country currently has 17 locations from Wisconsin to Southern Illinois, so it is not just one building/one location that you could be moving up within. With 17 locations there is tons of inventory available or to choose between. The owner puts a unique touch in the automotive business and Kunes Country has Corporate Chaplains that are in all the dealerships at least once a week.
Pros
great money, good company, fun coworkers, lunches on Saturdays
poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMarch 19, 2018
very rarely did i receive my commission pay. the manager himself was not qualified for the job. i was trained decently but mostly knew what i was doing before i even started there.
Excellent Team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WISeptember 1, 2017
The leadership is second to none. They treat their employees like family. If you work hard you'll succeed period. They invest heavily in your success with advertising and training. I would highly recommend Kunes Auto Group to anyone in the auto industry or someone thinking of getting into the auto industry.
Pros
Excellent Pay & Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Good people, bad management
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIAugust 10, 2017
Management took people's word over yours. High stress and nothing is ever good enough. To many bosses to report to on a daily basis, but they look well with your schedule.
Pros
Free lunch on staurday
Cons
Management, high streas, unfair pay
Work Place
Online Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILAugust 3, 2017
They show class and professionalism in the workplace as well as helping each customer find whats best for them. The employees are very friendly and very helpful
Loo before you leap
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILApril 26, 2017
Things are not what they seem I could go on and on . Just understand most companies are not what they seem to be................I
also hate writing reviews it is very boring lol
Pros
Bennifits
Cons
Alot
Friendly Place to work!
Internet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delavan WiMarch 24, 2014
Great Place to work! Very friendly! Great Staff, worked in Internet Sales for about 1 1/2.
It was a great place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Antioch, ILOctober 24, 2013
You met new customers everyday and were able to share information about a great product line up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kunes Country Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Kunes Country Auto Group Reviews by Location