Kung Fu Tea
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

Kung Fu Tea Employee Reviews

United States190 reviews

kftteadrinkbobamemorizeformulabubblerecipe

Fun work environment. Very fast paced

It’s fun to make Boba drinks. Summer rushes are very fast paced. We make minimum wage but tips are very good. Great job for young and energetic employees, the atmosphere is very fun and the crew is super cool!

Good people at work

The employees is so nice, comfortable working environment. Paid fine. When busy may be your feets hurt when standing for a while. But worth for people don't have much experience

Kung Fu Tea insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Nice and friendly

Fair paid and good environment, a lot to memorize. But once you get the hang of it everything is easy. Very detailed regarding the formula and way to prepare.

Fun workplace lack of management

Nice place to work for boba tea lovers, got free employee drinks before I left. Workspace is a nasty mess especially during weekends. Tea is somehow watered down in some location

fun

can be fun but also stressful! pay is alright based on tips. usually you have control of music & can make a free drink during a shift. stressful when theres a pop or running low on ingredients/toppings.

Fun start up

Its a good place to learn basic skills for your first job. Theres not a lot of advancement other than in management with training and managing the shifts. Its a fun job and you'll meet lots of people around the ages of high school and college. The hardest part I would say is the customers as some of them will require lots of your patience. The time that I was there staffing was an issue due to cost. Therefore, the minimum was given when scheduling and the strength of the shift usually relied upon one person.

Pros

free weekend lunches, store discounts

Cons

short and unpredicted breaks

good place for boba experience

Job is quite demanding for a place that pays minimum wage. Work experience largely depends on coworkers. Company needs to be more communicative with individual locations to ensure consistent service.

Pros

free drinks on shift

Cons

low pay

Underpaid,

This is a cool little job for high schoolers. Don’t work here if you got bills to pay though. The one in manassas especially. Owners are franchised and do not care for company culture just profits and expansion.

Meh

It was an okay place to work, the manager will fire you if he doesn’t like you and come up with excuses. They are very unprofessional and not very flexible

Productive and fun workplace

Great management and ideal for growth. Great staff and friendly team environment. Great customers and friendly. Always giving you a raise every year

Fun but…

Very cutthroat management. Rules change on a monthly basis at their own discretion. Good benefits such as free drinks but even those only a select few we can make for ourselves. Company is very cheap but if you like the work then it’s an OK job

Pros

Free select drinks, made by you for yourself

Cons

Short breaks, very strict on rules

Way too much unpaid work

Barista "training" involves memorizing drink recipes outside of work hours. There can be up to 36 different measurements PER drink, and there are about 50 drinks on the menu. Other reviews mention that this job is good for high school students, but this is not true, as the amount of memorization is just not sustainable on top of schoolwork.

decent for a highschooler.

Management is not good, at least at my location. But pretty laidback job that should net you relatively easy paychecks compared to retail, or food service.

Pros

coworkers are chill, customers are generally nice

Cons

imbalance of workload, owner did not care about keeping stock

Fun to work

I loved working here, I even worked my way to to be a shift lead. Only reason I left was because of personal stuff. Otherwise I would say this job is fun and the entire crew was awesome!

Easy, fun

Very good management that allow flexibility. Fun coworkers and very little amount of drama. It's good for those in high school or fresh in college, and pays decently.

Terrible management and unorganized workplace

The management was very unorganized and unprofessional. They were rude to employees and didn’t properly train new ones. Work schedules never gave people the hours they needed or acknowledge availability dates.

Great place to work but low pay

I love working at KFT. The work environment was great and so were management and coworkers but I had to leave because of the VERY low pay. Starting salary was $8 plus tips but there were no opportunities for job growth.

Tips distributed unfairly

Coworkers were fun to work with, a great place for young people and a good first job but our tips were not distributed fairly and customers were led to believe we kept our tips when it did not go to most of the cashiers. Very fast paced environment and you are always on your feet. You can only take breaks to eat when there are enough employees on shift and there is no rush.

fun work managements terrible

the work itself is about as fun labor can get as soon as you get the hang of it the management is terrible though its like its run by a bunch of babies

nice coworkers, bad management

Most of these franchise branches seem to have the same reviews, for my location there was this weird one week delay with the pay where your weekly paycheck would be paid the following week (and my boss never told me about the delay either, only said that we get paid weekly) and when I quit I had to chase my last paycheck. Finally got it a few days later after putting my foot down. Besides that it was pretty flexible with scheduling, somewhat understaffed and underpaid (pretty sure they were withholding tips too), friendly coworkers, could be empty one second then super busy the next

Fast paced

Pretty much like any other barista job. Will probably get the hang of things after 2 months on the job, then it’s muscle memory from there. Recommend for high school students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kung Fu Tea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits