Kura Sushi USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

discriminatory work place for woman
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2018
Men can do and say anything they like if woman do the same is consider creating a problem.
The hardest part of my job long days.
The best part of my day was meeting new people.
benefits
Cons
Japan is culture is very different from American
This company does not care about the employee.
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 16, 2018
Kura loves the customer and will do almost anything for their business, but the same cannot be said about the employee. They think they are the military with arbitrary hierarchies and hat colors, just one of the worst bureaucracies I've ever witnessed. During my time here, three managers in training (including myself) and a store manager quit, and that doesn't include some workers that soon followed suit. They should really promote from within to prevent tension, but the company will not learn and will continue to make mistakes. The only people that receive paid sick leave are corporate employees and those employed in California and Austin. You are forced to work holidays and cannot request off. This place is designed to make the employee feel powerless and apparently discourages positive reinforcement. Do not work here if you want pride in your job, want to be taken seriously, or are a college graduate.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
20% discount on food, inconsistent schedule, no opportunities for advancement
Server
Headserver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GaOctober 20, 2018
I worked at Doraville location in GA
Experience was bad no ac.
Money are ok but they make head server do the tips which doesn’t make sense bc they’re a huge corporate.
Kura
Wait Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2018
Typical day included of 8 hours shift with helping people. Fast paced and very busy with split tips. You do split tips 50/50 with kitchen. It is an easy side job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kura Sushi USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2