Kuraray America

Kuraray America Employee Reviews

Good place to work for the moist part. Great work/Home Life balance. Can be tedious at time. They are willing to invest in their employees and provide training to help employees further their career. .

Pros

work life balance

Cons

advancement

Great experience with great people

At this job I got to experience and learn new things with a supportive group. However there is no way to advance. The IT team for the most part was easy to work with even though we were spread out throughout the country. The people I worked with at the plant were very supportive and a great team to collaborate with.

Pros

Supportive Non-IT team onsite.

Cons

Broken communication with IT team.

The value that is placed on their employees

Employees are appreciated and valued. Safety is considered a high priority. The opportunity for advancement is available and encouraged. The environment is friendly and cheerful. I highly recommend this company and the values it supports The benefits are excellent

Felexibility of working hours

Good place to work Management supports their managers You are a commodity for companies. These companies don't care if you leave them. Working hours are okay People are mostly professional with the exception of a few.

benefits

Cons

Upper management is extremely mean to their workers

Not a good place to work

Very unprofessional, unskilled and unlearned people in leadership. They promote based on a buddy system and those who are moved up will so call manage with the same mindset. If you’re not a friend, buddy of theirs they will seek to get rid of you with the support of HR, who is also NOT knowledgeable of how their roles operate. Customer service leads and HR personnel are the CANCER to the company.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Community Work

Kuraray does a lot with outreach to Children in need and works with Community events. They are a thriving company and growing. There are some cultural diversities.

Not easily hired through company

Will be through temp agency and hours change with little notice. You could be on 1st for a month then be transferred to 3rd unexpectedly. The company avoids advancement and full benefits

Standing out

There is some flexibility most days with work and family. The down side is, if you are not in with the in crowd, you are pushed aside and it’s kind of do as you are told.

Operations...exhausting and dangerous!

Plenty of over exposure to hazardous chemicals to go with a nice paycheck. You will need to be able to work like a machine and switch between days and night working the Dupont schedule. Organization and Safety are present for appearance only and hold little regard for the wellbeing of operations and maintenance personnel.

Overall Excellence

I started as a temp doing Export Customer Service. I was later hired on permanent. I can't rave enough about my supervisor, she is fair, kind, and overall amazing. Very kind and friendly environment. I truly enjoy my job and the people I work with.

Pros

Fast moving, understanding, friendly

Cons

Stressful at times

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuraray America?

Toxic work enviroment, with no advancement opportunties...

Company does not value there people. Very arrogant company from senior management to the first line leaders. Folks in every position within this company turn a blind eye to all HR related issues. Spent many years in this industry and have never been treated with such disrespect, and kept in a constant state of turmoil as I was with Kuraray. I would highly suggest looking elsewhere for opportunities. I was not alone in feeling this way, and was blessed to be in a position where I could walk away.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, mis treatment, dis respect, don't value people

Benefits and an effort to promote company culture

Limited upward mobility. Male oriented due to being a Japanese company. Very nice people. However, even with experience and education it was easier to leave.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

High deductible insurance plan

Friendly and productuve

The environment was very comfortable as were the people there. I felt a part of the company and that my contributions were noticed. I learned how to print blueprints for the company workers and how to master Excel.

Consummate Professionals

They gave me a chance to prove myself, and I will forever be grateful. I was put in a position where I had to use skills that I had not needed in years. Supporting a 24/7 operation is intense, and I had a lot to learn. They provided me with the necessary support to do my job, along with the necessary independence to enhance my skills.

Pros

challenging, demanding

Cons

24/7 operation provides very little time for rest

Overall a good company if you want to contribute

A great company of you are looking for a place to be an individual contributor to company goals. There isn't a lack of projects or ways to make a difference. A growing global company.

A Fast paced environment

Shift Supervisor for a team of 10 during regular operating conditions. Dealt with all other departments to ensure proper Standard Operating Procedures were followed in a Safe and efficient manner. I learned that the power of teamwork can make for a safe and productive environment. Management cared about their employees by providing a clean and safe work environment The hardest part of the job was when the entire production department had to be shut down during bad weather and or making off-spec material. Normal Operating Procedures required lines to be shut down one at a time over a week.

Pros

Free parking

Not worth the stress

Poor communication, employees uninformed by management. Unrealistic expectations. Hostile work environment with employees that are rude and bully others with no reprimands.

Excellent place to work

Pay is very reasonable. Benefits are also very competitive with a pension as well as 401 contribution. Newly expanded company with possible uptick in job placement

Great Company

Kuraray is a great company lots of good people. Very smart group of workers. They are ahead in safety and very good at keeping everyone in the plant safe.

A lot of work, But always a good time!

I worked at the POVAL Business Unit. This was a wonderful working experience and environment. Do your job, follow the rules, be involved and you will get far. One mistake though they are known to let you go. It is okay though, that is the nature of the beast in this type of field.

Pros

Steady Pace, Be honest, Good management, Young culture

Cons

Demands, Work schedule not fixed a lot of early and lates (changes)

Awesome Experience!

This was my first internship at a chemical plant. The entire work staff was very welcoming and helpful from my first to last day of my internship. I learned lots of practical information and was exposed to an actual chemical process. The hardest part of the job is trying to connect classroom material to real-life problems, but the effort is worth the extra studying. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn from professionals with years of experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kuraray America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kuraray America with