Kurt Geiger Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun place to work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  United KingdomMarch 6, 2017
Selling shoes and hand bags was fun and meeting different people every day. I learned so much about the products and customer service. Loved the quality and product.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
medical benefit
Starter job
Buyer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonNovember 1, 2016
Overall, I had an unfortunate and sour experience with Kurt Geiger. My interview process started out well enough; they were keen to hire me and wanted to move quickly. I soon found out why... Upon starting I learned that I was the third assistant buyer that my buyer had gone through in less than a 12 month period. My buyer's management and communication skills were severely lacking. My buyer regularly asked me to send emails and CC her, then yell at me for not including information that she never actually orated. I was expected to read her mind. I am confident in my ability to deal with ambiguity professionally, but this situation was ridiculous. Shoes flew past my head at the wall when she was under too much pressure. My buyer had no respect for her ABs working hours, expecting us in by 8AM when she showed up around 10.30AM, and regularly expected us to have deep-dive business meetings with her at 7pm when she was good and ready. We had one touch-base throughout my entire three month trial period, wherein I was given very little feedback as to how she found my performance, or would have liked to see improvements. I was never given an opportunity for a skip-level meeting with her line manager, our director, and unfortunately at the time I was too young and timid to stand-up for myself properly.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
poor work/life balance, poor management of direct reports