Kurt Weiss Greenhouses Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and active
GARDEN MERCHANDISING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 25, 2018
You need to be very visually capable, for example, one of the hardest parts was designing the tables with the product according to company requirements as well as customer preferences. The stress level depends on the time of year. In the late Spring and early Summer there are a lot of long, hard, intense days but later on it becomes much more relaxed. One problem is that you work until you are finished, it is hard to make plans because your ending time changes day to day depending on weather and shipment size.
Pros
Paid overtime, paid lunch breaks
Cons
No set hours
No Benefits Work Place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Center Moriches, NYMarch 12, 2018
This is a private family owned and operated company. Working in Accounting department was organized good thanks to the company's controller who is a very good manager.
friendly work environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Atlas, PAFebruary 28, 2018
this job is a great place for beginners or someone looking for seasonal work.... for the most part the staff is very friendly.. i would love to have another opportunity to have a job there. overall y favoritest place to work
Pros
great ppl to work with
Cons
when it rains its all wet out
Great job with little to no room for advancement.
Growing Merchandise Staff (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 23, 2017
I really do enjoy my job here, but it's not a job anyone beyond a manager can do full time. The pay grade is incredibly low and I was told not to expect a raise (not even a penny). On top of that, there's not really any way to be promoted. Here, you just do you work and leave, for better or worse. That's not to say that the job itself is bad - it's great, but not great enough if you expect to advance in the workplace.

It's also seasonal, so you'll be given decent work hours in the spring and fall, next to none (if any) in the summer, and you're not employed for the latter half of winter.

Upper management is great from what I can tell, though you'll likely never meet them.
Pros
Usually great management, rewarding work
Cons
Too few hours, no pay raises, little room for forward advancement, Seasonal
It pays the bills and it's a great start for new drvers and a easy going atmosphere.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 8, 2017
Great place for new drivers. Easy work loads management is easy going, everyone basically just does there own job. just overall it's a great place to work.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere.
Cons
No advancements.
Low Salary
Worker/Photographer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Too much job to do, and too much hours. It doesn't pay off. No benefits. No paid break. Break time is very short. They paid so little and no overtime rate.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
short breaks, low salary, too much hours, too much work
Productive place, but requires hard work
Accountant in Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Center Moriches, NYJuly 25, 2015
It was my first job in the USA. I've learned a lot. Management is fine. No benefits at all though. Co-workers are great , of course there are some exceptions. The hardest part of my job was to go in greenhouse to do some job.There were some enjoyable moments at my job as well . Overall, I am so grateful for this company because it helped me a lot to settle here, in the USA.
Pros
free housing
Cons
short breaks and low salary
Poorly organized company
Authorized Representative (Current Employee) –  Center Moriches, NYOctober 15, 2014
provided no training

Cut hours from my pay that i worked...

refused to give me paystubs.

when i was laid off, i was so relieved, until nj DOL told me they had no federal tax id number!

Shady company! stay away!
Pros
Cons
too many to list
greenhouse environment, extremely labor intensive
Production Supervisor/Ship Clerk/Soil Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYJune 5, 2012
long, hot days almost year roud. very physically demanding work.
Pros
scrap plants are available to employees
Cons
no advancement opportunities, wages