KVC Health Systems
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

KVC Health Systems Employee Reviews

United States557 reviews

childfostercasesupportivesupervisorkidsocialsupport

What is the best part of working at the company?Good work, great Director What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Unprofessional coworkers What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Decent except a few unprofessional staffWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Good, helping the homeless is very rewarding

Productive and rewarding work place, with great supports

I have been with the agency for several years in various positions and continue to thrive while working with this agency. I believe that KVC cares for the families they serve and truly wants to help them be as successful as possible.

KVC Health Systems insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Worst place to work

They are desperate for employees because they don’t pay enough so you work with horrible people who don’t actually care about clients. The managers are terrible and HR department is terrible.

Great workplace

I have only been at kvc for a few months and I can actually say that I enjoy working there management is great and the job itself is very flexible. Being able to bring in my skills from previous places also helps as well.

Working for KVC

Since I've began to work for KVC, I've had nothing but respect from all in management and employees, great place to work including all our clients, having employers who understand what it's like to have a life after and during work, is something I've never experienced in my life.

Pros

Free lunch, and penalty of work

Cons

Have no cons to report

Extremely understanding and flexible when it comes to needing to take care of something personal. Lots of encouragement and excitement from the team!!

Productive and fun workplace with free snacks and beverages

A typical day at work includes data input, and perhaps a few client meetings. I have learned that KVC cares very much about it's employees and values them. Management is productive, but relaxed. Workplace culture is very engaging. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, and helping families in the Omaha area.

Pros

Free snacks and beverages, many other perks

Cons

Can get cold in the office

Encouraging and Communicative coworkers

Since I have started at KVC, I feel as though I have a sense of belonging and purpose in the daily tasks that I complete. I locate relatives of the children that come into our care and set up positive connections and build family relations.

I love where I work. Great atmosphere and team!

I love the flexibility in my schedule, the fact that the organization I am a part of helps others, and makes you feel welcome. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult people from other agencies. The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers.

Pros

Great benefits, flexible schedule

Cons

Long orientation process

Great atmosphere and supervisor

Great place to work (in Hiawatha). I have heard some of the other offices are not as nice a place to work as they have different supervisors who are not so kind. The main office in Olathe seems to be a great place as well.

Pros

Nice new building and work stations, paid mileage

Cons

Can be working all night at times

KVC provides a work environment that allows you to balance you work and home life. KVC encourages Slef care.

The best thing about working for KVC for me is the flexibility and my attentive supervisor. KVC provides you with an abundance of training that includes programs used, mileage, reports, documents. Basically whatever you need you get the training/information. Someone is always willing and available to help you.

Pros

Work from home, flexibility

Cons

Hmm not really any cons

Meaningful and flexible place to work

KVC is a great place to work, that makes a difference to many families and children. It is an incredibly flexible job, making it easy to get my work done and manage my home life. It is one of the few places I have worked where I really like my team and especially my manager. She is always reaching out to make sure I'm succeeding and is quick to answer any question I may have. We work with many populations of people and KVC is sure to be inclusive and respectful of all people.

They understand life outside of work happens and allows for flexibility.

Working in mental health can be extremely stressful, however KVC fully supports their employees at work and when things come up outside of work. The atmosphere is supportive, and your respected for what you bring to the organization.

Overall, great place to work!

Pros:-The people- Flexible schedule - Support and encouragement from supervisors - Benefits - Pay - Career growthCons:- Turnover - Communication could be better

Fun and friendly workspace

KVC is a great place to work at you make and build great relationships through the clients you work with. This job is flexible you are able to build your own schedule after you get the hang of things. You do have a lot of drive time, but KVC provides company cars and reimburse you in milage if you drive your personal vehicle.

Supportive and Close-knit

I have worked for many non-profits! I have never found one that shows me that they genuinely care about me and my success like KVC does! I come to work every day and I feel like I am coming to see friends and family. They all love me for who I am, and the skills (good and bad) that i bring to the table. I walk in every day and know that no matter who is in the office that day they will say hi, ask me about my day, be enthusiastic about me being successful in my position, and always want to help! I truly feel like I will retire with KVC.

Pros

Gifts, caring leaders, close-knit company, flexible, and fun days together.

Cons

N/a

Make a difference in a children's lives

Few people desire the opportunities that KVC provides. One of the reasons I wanted to work there was the chance to improve people's lives! The society promoted unity and effort while also letting individuals take center stage in their triumphs. There will always be a demand for this kind of employment, and sometimes it can be difficult to pass up the chance.

A very welcoming, healthy and happy work environment!

The culture of KVC is very warm and welcoming. When I started I immediately felt apart of the team. My supervisor is nothing short of amazing. Our whole team has a great bond which makes work that much more enjoyable. I feel that I have made great professional connections as well as personal ones. I learn new things on a daily basis which can be time consuming for management, however they dedicate what time they can to all their employees to ensure we have the best quality work place!

flexible work schedule, non micro management,

Inspiring mission, passionate about providing quality care to children/families and helping them live fuller healthier lives. KVC provides many opportunities for growth and advancement via training, seminars, work/life balance and a flexible work schedule.

Pros

educational training/materials, 401k, health care, dental vision, paid holidays, flexible work schedule

Cons

mileage pay rate. cost of health benefits

Phenomenal

I absolutely love working at KVC. The management actually cares, your coworkers actually help you. It is such a rewarding job with a great support system. I couldn’t ask for a better team to support my passion.

Flexibility to operate in my purpose and meaningful self care

KVC has allowed me the evolve as a clinician by having supervisors that are available to answer questions and provide prompt examples of what is expected. KVC fosters self care practices by asking about what is important to you and how to do more of what you love on a consistent basis. Your emotional well-being is taken seriously and I appreciate that.

Pros

Flexibility, top-notch care about safety, tuition reimbursement, supervision for licensure

Cons

mileage reimbursement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KVC Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight