KWB Pathology Associates Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Job Review
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 17, 2017
Currently, I perform microtomy most of the day without performing technical duties which is a rewarding area of my job when given the opportunity to engage in the technical duties. Learning more about my job occurs mostly outside of the lab through reading and studying histology material which is what I have learned to do on my own. As of to date, management is fairly new and we are all still becoming acquainted with the turnover of personnel. The lab environment is very conducive to our work environment which helps us as techs meet the company goals in achieving accurate and correct results to our customers. Since the lab has a 24 hr turnaround time incentive to its customers, we often work continuously for 4 to 5 hours without taking a break so that there is an adequate output of work to the pathologists. Although the work is continuous, gratification comes because the people receives quality care and treatment because of the hard, laborious work the laboratory provides for the community and surrounding cities/counties.
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
biohazardous
A very good company to work for. They care about their employees and strive to keep employees.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 18, 2015
My main job is typing surgical pathology cases. Management is very oriented to keeping employees happy and on the job. The hardest part of my job is timing as every day is different and the unexpected always happens. You have to remain flexible and be prepared for the last minute emergencies.
Pros
Salary pretty good for the area, good insurance and retirement plan