Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

flexible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 14, 2019
Kwik trip has allowed me to work part time for the past few years. They have done well to work around my part time jobs schedule. I have now worked there for over 6 years
Fast-Paced work enviornment- caring co-workers and upper managment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Nodine, MNJanuary 13, 2019
Kwik Trip was my first "off the farm" job when I got my license and I have been with the company since I was hired. I still work there when I go home form school on breaks and ect. They were very flexible and considerate in creating schedules around my High School and family activities and continue to welcome me home whenever I am able to work during college. This is a wonderful family oriented company.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 12, 2019
working in the store setting with customer transactions and checking in and receiving daily stock orders, inventory management and transaction balances.
Great Place to Work!
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WI 54915January 11, 2019
Everyone Works as a team and the management is there for you when you need them. Requests do not get lost in the hustle and bustle. You are busy 90% of the time and it is easy to find things to do.
Good place to work for now
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 10, 2019
Helps pay the bills and is a fun place to work. You get paid enough for the easy work required of you. It's honestly the best gas station you could work at.
Pros
free piece of fruit
Cons
One 10 minute break per 4 hours
Productive and fast-paced working environment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 5, 2019
I love everyone that i work with! Especially my boss who is very understanding and flexible with my work hours. If you want a good community to work with and an even better environment to work in, apply at Kwik Trip!
Pros
Paid breaks, yearly bonus, great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Overworked, no down time, ever.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 5, 2019
I have worked for Kwik Trip for over four years and every year the work load has increased, the expectations have become unreasonable by anyone's standards.I have watched the progression of expectations become, for some extreme, and non existent for others. Also, one hour they will have no staff and lines that go on and on, the next hour the drama train arrives and NO ONE should stand in line. IC3, IC3,....! Inconsistency is one of the greatest struggles, across the board, in almost all areas. They cling to unreliable players and watch the great employees find employment elsewhere. This thinking just compound the difficulties because the poor employee's make work more difficult so good workers run for the hills. Poor employees and unreliable far out way the strong, dependable workers.
Pros
Pay, profit sharing
Cons
Overworked, little to no breaks most days, low job security, weak insurance, unreliable coworkers.
Great Company
Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNDecember 30, 2018
Kwik Trip is a wonderful company that cares about its people and it shows. The only flaw I feel is that sometimes the kitchen people do not get enough help, but the leaders are always willing to listen.
Flexible Hours
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Winchester, WIDecember 26, 2018
Kwik Trip's corporate company cares about their employees. The hours are basically whatever you are hired for, and they will stay around your hours available.
Productive, Fun place to work
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MNDecember 21, 2018
It was a fun place to work, you have to be on your feet all of your shift except on your break and you had to be taught in all areas in the store which also included the kitchen. So you also had to make food. It was fast paced which wasn't bad it kept you busy all day and made the time go by fast.
Pros
Fast, Free piece of fruit on the day of your shift, good people
Cons
short breaks, no health care or benefits for part time employees.
Fast-paced place to work with a roll up your sleeve work ethic
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNDecember 20, 2018
Kwik Trip's are always busy, especially during this time of the year. I have learned how to multitask, work efficiently and learned that guest service is what makes a business like Kwik Trip thrive
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
I loved my job
Guest Service, Cashier, Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIDecember 18, 2018
I loved my job, but I needed a set day time schedule and it wasn't an option. I also didn't like getting in trouble for coming in early or staying late to get more done.
Fast paced
Service / Administrative Lead (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 16, 2018
Meeting and helping all different kind of people made the job very interesting some days. No two days were the same. The days would go by very quickly when you were busy.
Kwik Trip
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cross Plains, WIDecember 15, 2018
A good family run business. They care about their employees. Good company to work for. I was hard to stay after my family loss a family member. Hard work and standing on your feet for awhile is hard.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Physical standing and hard on the body
I love it!
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNDecember 14, 2018
It is very fast paced and competitive. I love my job. Some days it gets frustrating when people don't listen to you or didn't do what you asked them to do, so I usually just end up doing it myself, which is a better way of handling situations like that.
Pros
Fast paced, great work environment
Cons
Short breaks, might be too busy for some people
Clueless Store Leaders
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MN 55443December 13, 2018
Inexperienced store leader doesn't know how to manage, hire, order products at a timely manner. People always quitting, turnover rate is probably 30%-40% on a yearly basis. Low pay $11 - $13, while expecting you to cook, clean, stock, serve, shovel. Some coworkers has mental disabilities you have to work with and you are blamed for their work performance. Forced to say "thank you, see you next time" to every customer like a robot or you are written up. They have creepy "secret shoppers" to judge employee performance. They basically want you to give each customer the lie or tease that you have interest in them so they keep coming back. I call it emotional prostitution. The workers don't actually like you, customer. If you are 16 - 18 year old, then maybe for experience until you find something better. The rest are lifers.
Pros
Free car wash
Cons
basically everything
Great company to work for
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 12, 2018
The company itself is great, but the management that is in some of the stores really hasn't got a clue. I think they need to spend more time on training their store leaders and assistant sore leaders and then they would have less turnover.
Absolutely fantastic job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNDecember 12, 2018
kiwi trip has been the best job I've had to date. very happy, hardworking,honest,empathetic co workers. the boss(es) have a profit sharing check that goes out to the co workers at the end of each year.
Pros
everything
decent
Baker Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 10, 2018
The day at kwik trip can be easy or it can be hard depending on how the machines want to act. Sometimes we would have to switch our schedule around so it never really set on what we were going to do or how much we would be doing. Some supervisors fail to realize that attitude reflects leadership.
Shady management
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 10, 2018
Was hired to work freezer area in distribution . No uniform available for 4 weeks . On 4th night as my body shut down from the cold as no one helps with picks and was left with " small" orders to fill in the freezer for over a hour (freezers are -10) without anytime to warm up. I notified my supervisor I couldn't continue without a uniform . He said go home and we will find a different department for you. Next work day they called and said be there a hour early to talk to supervisor about being moved ..walked in clocked in and they fired me . There was no other position or consideration till i got uniform .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight