Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Fast pace. All multitasking. Can be stressful!
Assistant Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 22, 2019
I work as an Assistant Food Service Leader. The bulk of my job is cooking the food that we serve. It can be very stressful especially during meal times, because as soon as you make something, more food will sell out. Sometimes I'm literally making food nonstop. In this role, I also have to perform food safety and quality duties like taking temperatures of several things, as well as ordering food/supplies, and cleaning and washing dishes.

To me the best parts of the company are their yearly bonus and benefits. At the end of each year, Kwik Trip shares 40% of their earnings with the employees. Some parts of the benefits package can be improved on like PTO and having tuition reimbursement, but in terms of a convenience store, you can't beat the compensation. You also can't beat the pay. I make more than some people do with government jobs!

I also work with a good group of people. They're really willing to go out of their way to be helpful when possible.
Pros
Pay/Compensation, Coworkers, Year end bonus
Cons
Very hard to take your break(s), PTO could be increased and it's hard to use, Stores are understaffed most of the time which adds on stress.
great place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 21, 2019
i loved my job at kwik trip. i think it was a great place to work friendly co works and management. everyday was something different going on at the work place
Pros
pay
Cons
very busy
Seems good at first then you realize how bad if is.
Guest service leader (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIMarch 20, 2019
Moving up within the company is nearly impossible. If you didn’t come in to the company at least as an assistant manager you might as well not even bother. Managment sucks, district and zone leaders could care less about their employees and the store managment is all about favoritism. Unless you bend over for your boss and don’t like being paid what you’re worth than work here.
Pros
You can buy lunch here.
Cons
nearly impossible for advancement and everything else
Best Company
Café Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, WIMarch 19, 2019
In my store personally, the management was phenomenal. When I had to put my two week notice in, my managers all expressed how much they would miss me and how I was supposed to stay in touch. Some actually attended my high school graduation party. After 2.5 years I still keep in touch with them. Kwik Trip is great of high school and college students. They really want to see you excel as a person.
Great environment and company
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIMarch 19, 2019
Kwik Trip is a family, and are treated as such. I'm sure it can vary location to location, but overall it is a fantastic company to work for because they look out for you when you need it.
Pros
Free coffee and soda when working
Great place friendly co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garner, IAMarch 18, 2019
Working at KwikTrip was a wonderful experience. They were all very helpful and supportive. KwikTrip was all around one of my favorite places to work
Pros
Good fast pace, they always helped me learn new stuff when I didn’t know how to do it
Cons
Short breaks, not much time to eat
Love it here
Guest service /Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 16, 2019
Fairly easy place to work but fast paced too at times.
Cleanliness is very important. Clean as you go.
Be able to communicate. Treat everyone kindly.
Pros
Great starting pay, profit sharing, end of the year bonus, Kwik Trip co-worker clinic
Cons
Sometimes your Store lead can have poor ordering skills, Too much favoritism, too many meetings, Theres no weather policy for severe weather, You have to find your own replacement if sick, Only two 10 minute breaks if your lucky to get one..
Overrated , annoying
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 16, 2019
I hate this job it’s over rated. They expect too much from the workers it’s always a lot to do. The employees are corny ! . You get one 10 minute break every 4 hours sometimes you don’t even get a chance to take a break. Only good thing that came out of this job was the end of the year bonus checks.
a variety of task in your job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eyota, MNMarch 14, 2019
greet guests, clean store, put away product, handle cash accurately, sale alcohol and cigarettes. I learned how to make all kinds of coffee. The hardest part of the job was changing the sign when it was cold out side. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people.
Pros
great management
Cons
to ask for ID for under age
Loved it
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 14, 2019
Great staff, awesome management team, flexible with your hour's, able to accommodate emergencies, my old store manager is nothing short of fantastic. It's like a family
Pros
Wonderful place to work
awesome company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIMarch 14, 2019
Kwik Trip has been the best company I've worked for. They really do treat their employees fairly well (even though we don't get lunch breaks). Their profit sharing and competitive pay is what really makes them stand out.
Pros
profit sharing with all employees
Cons
no breaks
Very overworked
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIMarch 13, 2019
Great part time job, full time you need open availability. They don't care about your life, they come first! You can barely use your vacation, my assistant manager used most of mine to give me shorter days. The only shift that really has time to take a break is 2ND shift. They scold you for shopping anywhere else, and their year end meetings are like a cult. The year end bonus is not worth the stress. Management does not care if you work a12 hour shift, as long as they leave on time. Their uniforms are expensive and poorly made. Except to work every weekend.
Pros
Great coworkers, benefits
Cons
Breaks almost non exisitant, long hours, barely any weekends off
Decent Place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 13, 2019
I liked working there. The nights were a little more slow paced but gave me more than enough time to get tasks completed. The work is easy once a routine is made
day of work
Team Member/Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMarch 13, 2019
jump on register no time to think just do. Or you could be in the kitchen which is the same concept. No time to think Just Do. Till you are so worn out and time to go.
There is no time for talking just work, work, work.
very clicky who you know type work place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIMarch 11, 2019
I was happy the 1st 6 months , things went down hill after. I wanted full-time & the only thing the would offer is 3rd shift. I worked it for a year and then was put on a list for 1st shift. I waited from the 2nd year to almost 6 years and they still wouldn't let me off 3rd. many other employees were hired during that time for full-time, it was very discouraging. this is the reason I left Kwik Trip.
Cons
low salery
Fun, fast, and challenging work environment
Guest Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMarch 6, 2019
At Kwik Trip, lots of things need to be done so you have to be willing to work quickly and adapt to change. It is challenging at times, but not all of it is necessarily bad.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
No employee discounts
Run away!!!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 6, 2019
It doesn’t matter how hard you work, because they only like those that are lazy. They talk up there “profit sharing”, but once you figure it out it’s only about 30 more cents an hour. The management sucks!!! The district “leaders” are a joke, they don’t even stay in a any store longer than 10 minutes. They are out of touch with what it takes to run a store! If you want a just a job with NO hope of going anywhere then it’s a job for you. But if you want more from a job then look elsewhere! Run away as fast as you can!!!! Also the grandkids are ruining the company their grandfather built, because they are nothing but money hungry! They have NO CLUE how to run a company! So sad because Don actually cared about his people, but they don’t!!!!
Pros
Cons
Management, no breaks, long hours
Great company to work for
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 6, 2019
The company itself is amazing to work for, you just have to find the right store manager that can help you reach your full potential! They are required to work 50 hours minimum so they are usually burnt out and not so cheerful.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great coworkers
Company Review
STORE LEADER (Current Employee) –  IowaMarch 6, 2019
CEO is a good man. He is honest, humble and hard working. He has this company on the right track to expand much further then ever expected. The company culture is strong.
Pros
40% profit sharing, incentives
Cons
long work hours
Fast-paced, but your work is recognized.
Assistant Food Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2019
I worked in the kitchen where it was VERY high-stress. But it made time go by quickly and hard work was usually recognized. Stores are always very clean and coworkers are like family members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight