Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Challenging, never boring, and very interactive
Kitchen Service Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 16, 2018
Kwik Trip is a very pro-employee interaction an pro-customer interaction. It provides east let time challenging work and great entry pay considering the fact that its a gas station chain. There are many benefits given and end of year bonuses are nothing to scoff at. Sometimes you can work with difficult co-workers or have to deal with troublesome customers but for the most part this is a relaxing if not busy job.
Pros
Great pay and end of year bonus, company takes care of employees
Cons
not where you wanna see yourself in 20 years
Management positions have zero work/life balance
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 15, 2018
Leaders are salaried and expected to work 70+ hours a week. District managers show lots of favoritism and are never around unless you are in trouble..
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Long hours, expected to work all the time, not paid for overtime
Great pay. But you earn it. Stressful place
Dairy Filler Operator (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 15, 2018
Co- Workers are fun to work with. The Management is changing making it stressful. Good Pay. Mostly clean work. Supervisors are good, but under a lot of stress. Retail Stores are fun to work at.
Pros
Free fruit in break rooms. Year end cash award.
Cons
Always watching co-workers on Cams. Production rates are too high
Fun upbeat place to work. They take pride in what they do.
Guest service / kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Big Bend, WINovember 13, 2018
Good place to work over all. If you take pride in your work and like to stay busy but not to busy while making a decent wage its for you. If i could change 2 things it would be longer lunches and staffing people to specific roles.
Pros
Great company, fast paced, part time benifits, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, Only 10 minutes, You cant have unnatural colored hair, You have to work the kitchen and floor
Good PLace to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WINovember 10, 2018
Great entry level place to work. Has changed A LOT over the years, be weary of veteran (10 plus years) employees as they are mostly petty and gossip A LOT!!!
Pros
Good Pay, and great life balance
Cons
Veteran employees are kind of back stabbing gossipers
Fun, close to home work setting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WINovember 9, 2018
I loved how laid back but yet productive everyone at Kwik Trip 413 in Arcadia WI, was. At first I was nervous I had never worked in customer service before. Not long after it became like a second home and everyone was like family.
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
Short breaks
Loved the cutomers environment was great
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 8, 2018
They need better management it's sad a great company is led by lazy useless people sometimes . I really loved my job there I miss it alot but they need better people to manage and deal with a diversity of people
A Family-Owned Company with Family Values
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 7, 2018
Let's face it, Kwik Trip is a gas station/convenience store. The normal work day can only be so exciting. However, getting along with co-workers and getting to know the regular customers is a satisfying way of earning some extra income.

One huge plus is the annual profit-sharing checks all employees receive just in time for Christmas shopping! 40% of the annual profits are given back to employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule; Annual Bonus
Cons
Always on your feet
Never a dull moment filled with great coworkers
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 6, 2018
I was fortunate to gain experience in Kwik Trip's Digital Marketing department through an internship. I was pushed right into handling different programs, creating content, reaching out to guests via social media channels and email, and working on their new/developing Kwik Rewards program. The team that I was able to work closely with on a day-to-day basis was amazing and were helpful. The supervisors or superior position holders in the Marketing department know everyone by name, and genuinely care about each member. This was a truly great company to learn and grow on my skills right out of college.
Pros
Free coffee and soda, great staff, fast paced, fun, team building, great learning opportunities
Employees nice and management was acceptable
Assistant food service leader (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNNovember 3, 2018
Nice place to work but often scheduled to work more hours then applied for due to staffing issues. The End of year bonus makes it all worth it as it's substantial
Pros
End of year bonus
Cons
Unstable hours
Good company for being complacent
Certified Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNNovember 2, 2018
This company will definitely take care of you. They do expect a ton of extra work though if you plan on trying to move up in the company. I had to spend several holidays and awkward hours to move into the management role. It is probably a good thing they did it that way because then the managers have realistic expectations of what the work/life balance would turn into if they decide to become a store manager.
Pros
Good wages/benefits
Cons
Not much for work/life balance
Great Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 1, 2018
It is a great company to work for. Unfortunately, they are growing very fast and losing culture in the process. They are promoting leaders that are not ready and not giving them any good coaching or training for success. I left due to very poor management.
Great Team work and great company to work for
Guest Service Co-Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNOctober 25, 2018
It is a great company to work for, amazing team work and awesome coworkers, management was great and very understanding, hardest part of the job was trying to make it there in the winter with bad weather, the best part about working there is to enjoy everyday helping customers.
Kwik Trip is a great place to work
Food Product Demonstrator/Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 22, 2018
The owners of Kwik Trip really appreciate and promote all team members across the company. With its flexibility, job security, and benefits, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Profit sharing, great support from executive team members.
Working for Kwik trip
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 19, 2018
a hard working day
I learned that some customers can be friendly and some can be brutally rude
To much drama brought into work instead of kepeping it out
Being able to communicate with my manager without having to be scared my team members know
Fast pace always being able to do something
cult culture
Food Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIOctober 18, 2018
Kwik Trip has a brain washing environment with cameras every where. They create a we have our eye on you and goes overboard with rules. I understand you need rules but everything they can pick on they will. Broken promises and creating false hopes by managers.
Pros
non
Cons
to much to explain
high energy and and fun place to work
Co- worker (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 17, 2018
I love working for this company they treat their employees with care and respect. This a great place to be a part of they have a huge respect for family and community.
fast paced
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, MNOctober 16, 2018
fast paced always on the go love working in the kitchen no down time. theres a lot to learn and keep one busy. If you like doing something different everyday like working at a fast pace its the job for you.
Great place to work, excellent pay and benefits.
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNOctober 16, 2018
I worked for Kwik Trip for 2 1/2 years. I had been at 3 different stores. The managers at the first two were fantastic, the last one led to my resignation. The pay, benefits and advancement is above par for this line of work. They are open every holiday but tries to accommodate by doing short shifts.
Pros
Profit sharing, part-time benefits
Cons
Short breaks, open holidays
A typical day
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 16, 2018
On a typical day at work things were always fast-paced, there was always things to be done. We stand at the counter and smile and be as friendly and understanding as possible with each guest, if there was an issue we would try to make it right as soon as possible. Communication is a must and people are all around the store getting task done.
Pros
Wellness fruit
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight