Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Busy
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WISeptember 14, 2018
I like working with the other employees, but management doesn't do well with communication. They like to pass on important information to other workers and expect them to relay the messages. This does not work well when some of the people don't see each often. Also, the person doing the scheduling is very inconsistent. There are times when I'll work up to 28 hours a week, then the next it will be 0-8 hours. If you are part time, you are scheduled every weekend. This kind of work environment is not at all Kwik Trips, just the one I'm at.
Pros
Love meeting the customers.
Cons
Very short breaks. You get a 10 min break every 4 hrs.
fun and fast pace enviorment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Alma, WISeptember 11, 2018
I absolutley loved working for Kwik Trip. Not only did I enjoy my job but I enjoyed my co-workers and the customers. A very fast-pased enviorment. Kwik Trip is a fun and enjoyable place to work. I can't say enough about it
Pros
the beneifits
Cons
I can't think of any
the hardest part of the job
Guest Service Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNSeptember 8, 2018
always stressful coming to work, the kitchen is hard to keep up with task and there is always something to do, it's a good high school job. everyone work hard. store manager awesome.
Pros
work 8 hours then I get 20 minute break
Cons
healthcare, life insurance
fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MNSeptember 7, 2018
It is a really great place to work. There are so many opportunities to grow and it is a fast moving place depending on what store you work at. The management team is helpful and always there if you need help or have any questions. They do the best they can to make work easier for you.
Pros
free piece of produce
Cons
20 minute breaks that can get disrupted
Everyone has different rules depending in how much the manager feels he needs them
ASL (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 6, 2018
Kwik star isn't the best place to work even though it pays well. There is a ton of negativity and the store managers think can do nothing and make you do all work.
Pros
free piece of fruit
Cons
Lots of gossip
Stressful
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 5, 2018
A typical day of work at Kwik Trip consisted of me staying up by the registers and checking customers out as well as authorizing pumps. I took care of the coffee bars by cleaning them and making sure that the coffees were still good. I restocked the coffee beans and also restocked cups and lids. They only trained me on a few things which were taking out the trash, taking care of the coffee bar, and knowing how to authorize pumps. The workplace culture is nice. My coworkers were very nice and helpful. Some of them were a lot more quiet than others. The management is okay. The hardest part of the job is the amount of people getting hired. You don't get a lot of hours anymore. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the same customers come in everyday and talk to you about their personal lives. You start to create a bond with certain guests.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, not a lot of hours
Fast paced
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Cloquet, MNSeptember 5, 2018
The job was very fast paced. We were often understaffed. The management was terrible and chose favorites. The people I worked with were really great for the most part
I enjoyed working for kwik trip
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 5, 2018
It is a renown family owned business where the founder still greets every employee at the end of the year camissions and sales meeting. This company prides on friendly service, resonable sales of instore merchandise and top tier gasoline. Kwik trip goes out of there way to make all customers happy. Definitely a great employer for young adults to retirees.
Pros
End of year commissions profit
Cons
Business comes first.. family comes second
Great company with family atmosphere
Store leader (Former Employee) –  Monona, WISeptember 5, 2018
I would still be working for this great company but I retired and move where they are not located.
Company support of Store leaders was above the Norm
Pros
Training
Cons
Trying to keep young hires
Very clean and efficient gas station
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNAugust 31, 2018
Working here was nice as shift tasks were simple and clear, not only that if you finish early there is always always more things to do. Got sufficient paid breaks. Free car washes every pay day. Good pay for a gas station.
Good pay and benefits
Title - Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashland, WIAugust 30, 2018
Very stressful job with long hours although the pay is very good and the benefits provided are excellent as well. Very minimal breaks and high expectations.
Hard worl long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatfield, MNAugust 29, 2018
Very fast paced hard work and long hours. Hard to get away sometimes because of all the responsibilities. Did give great benefits for all employees. Would have stayed if did not have ovr night shift.
Benefits
Cons
Very long hours
inconsistant schedule, offers good service
Customer Service, Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WIAugust 24, 2018
Kwik Trip is known for having superior products at a reasonable price. They treat guests with respect. If a concern arises it is handled as fast and as fair as possible for the guest. It can be stressful at times when many tasks need to be taken care of in a short time frame. Employees are known to work as a team and get it done. Coming to work and offering outstand food and product to the public, knowing I just made a guest happy. I know this when they return a smile and tell the person serving them, " I will be back".
Pros
Giving guests what they want, seeing people happy as they leave the store
Cons
Not always the most desirable schehdule. Doing some unpleasant tasks like unplugging a toiilet.
great employer
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Evansdale, IAAugust 21, 2018
awesome management & coworkers. great pay and year end bonus. definitely recommend working here. They are so busy that your day flys by. 1,000 year endbonus and triple that for fulltime workers. hours were inconsistent but pay is great. you only get two ten min breaks in 8 hrs not a minute more.
Pros
pay, environment
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent hours.
it was ok
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 21, 2018
not the best place but pay was fair and work load can get busy, most of the cons came from poor management and lack there of due to that many people did not like working there
Friendly and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WIAugust 20, 2018
You get to meet and know many people while working here. The management was awesome. They are an extremely family oriented business. You have the opportunity to learn different positions at this company if you want to.
Summary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIAugust 19, 2018
I loved Kwik Trip for a long time....until I felt like I got looked over as a Manager. I work hard every day for this company because I believe in their values and what they stand for. But as an assistant manager I feel like ive been used and abused by my store leader. I do everything for this store and get NO recognition for it. I wanted to become a Store Leader and feel like I have been ready for years but I keep getting overlooked. I feel like I will never be able to move up as long as im doing everything for the store leader that I have. And I am being held back. It is time to move on for me..
Pretty swell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIAugust 15, 2018
Working at Kwik trip was an amazing experience for me. I received a lot of customer service experience there. You become like a team there and there are many chances to grow in the company.
Fast Paced Place to Work While Having Fun
Certified Training Store Leader (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 15, 2018
Overall, Kwik Trip is a great place to work. They treat their employees the way they would like to be treated. Management is asked to act as both a coworker and complete management or supervisory duties every single day. This causes unnecessary stress, and lots of added time at the end of the day. Salaried management is expected to work 45 hours per week (9 hour days) along with e/o or one weekend per month. However if coworkers are sick or cannot work, management is expected to cover. Being open 24/7 this can cause loads of added hours at anytime of day or night. Labor at the stores is run so lean that hiring people that are not already qualified, or slow paced causes a strain on all other employees. No credit or labor is given when hiring new employees, and the expectation is to be at -1% of your labor budget at the end of the year. For a company that touts excellent guest service, you would expect adequate time to be allocated for taking care of guests, however this is rarely the case unless you want to sacrifice meeting other supervisory expectations. If you enjoy constant changes/additions this is the place for you. From new products to new machines and even new tasks or duties, things at Kwik Trip are always changing, so you better keep up. For the amount of stress and dedication that is expected of management, it is hard to tell if it's all really worth it.
Pros
Benefits, Hourly Wage for Coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks, Stress
Fast paced Job
Maintenance/Assistant Food Service leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomer, WIAugust 15, 2018
Certain parts of the store can be very demanding. If you are working in the kitchen there is a lot of pressure and you are expected to do quite a bit. Register jobs during the day you could potentially just be standing up front most of the day waiting on customers.
Pros
Good benefits, good culture
Cons
Intense job with short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight