Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Fast passed job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Superior, WIAugust 14, 2018
Kwik Trip is a fast passed work environment. It's a great job for anyone who can keep up. It can be a big workload, but we are paid well for what we do.
Pros
Easy to get time off
Cons
Short Breaks
A good place to work for people persons
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIAugust 13, 2018
If you like to talk to people and make new relationships, this is a great place to work. The pay is good and the hours are very flexible. This job is really centered on the customers, but there are a lot of things to it that make it challenging yet fun.
Nice people fast paced good pay
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Bonifacius, MNAugust 13, 2018
If your looking for a job with good money I recommend them nice people just a very fast paced environment good management and very flexible with you they treat you like family and give everyone a chance.
Pros
Free soda
Fun and productive place to work
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNAugust 10, 2018
It was a fun and upbeat place to work. I loved the coworkers. It was a face paced place to work. It kept me on my feet. I loved the guests we would get in every day.
A good place to work in general
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIAugust 8, 2018
In my time at Kwik Trip, I worked at 3 different stores. The atmosphere definitely depends on the people you work with and how your management chooses to run the store. For the most part, I enjoyed seeing multiple people during the day and getting to interact with vendors. The hardest part of the job was having to "clean up" after previous shift because some people just wouldn't get what they needed to get done with the time they had.
Pros
Working and meeting lots of people
Cons
Short Breaks, job atmosphere depends on your coworkers and boss
Life at KT
Guest Service Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIAugust 7, 2018
You are always on the go. They try to have you do other job through the day so your not stuck at the same job all day. They want you cross trained so all job can get done if someone calls in. Your job duties are anything from cash register, stocking, cooking, cleaning, or picking up trash outside of store.
Controlled environment
Associate/ Food Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 7, 2018
Kwik trip is very task oriented. You were given a list of tasks that needed to be done during your shift. Multitasking is a must as you need to work the floor and cash register at the same time.
Fun Environment
Guest Service Co - Worker (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Kwik Trip. I learned valuable customer service skills. I learned how to speak with strangers in a friendly way. I also learn to prepare food for the hot spot.
Pros
scheduled breaks, 8 hour shifts, steady schedule
Cons
open year round, angry customers
fast paced
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Ashland, WIAugust 2, 2018
working at kwik trip is fast paced it is helpful to have lots of stamina as there is a lot of work to do on any given shift you should like to multi-task
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very fast work pace
Fast-paced, usually understaffed, my manager is bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shawano, WIAugust 2, 2018
It's ok, I don't like it cause my management is pretty bad, pay is ok for a cashier, but you learn to do about 100 other jobs along with that. Typically understaffed unless working in a store with unlimited hours, but very few stores have that. Though i've heard it's 100x better in other stores and that my store is the rotten apple out of the bunch.
Never know what the day brings
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 1, 2018
Its a fun fast pace work place. As long as management was there and willing to help out when things go wrong it was a great place to work and a lot of new people to meet. Always learning something new and a fun place to work.
Pros
Get to be around people.
Cons
Deal with people who do not like to work.
Awesome Job
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 1, 2018
Kwik Trip is an awesome Job, and it pays very well. Kwik Trip is always open so there are plenty of shifts available. Kwik Trip prides itself in excellent customer service, and in order to accomplish this they believe in taking care of their employees.
Pros
Pay, flexibility, advancement, end of the year bonus
Cons
Employee is typically responsible for covering shift in cases of sickness or emergency, Schedule is usually very different from week to week for part-time employees.
Alright
Guest Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 1, 2018
Its an alright place to start but after a few years becomes boring and not great. It has good benefits. Seems that sometimes management is lacking and uncaring.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
bad management
best employer I ever had
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working there, You know what's expected of you right up front. I enjoyed the regular customers as well as the ones from the various activities in the area,
Pros
free car wash each payday and paid vacation and profit sharing for all employees
Cons
having to attend store meetings on days off
great job just not enough hours
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 31, 2018
I Loved the atmosphere it was like a big family and had very decent pay, I just didn't have enough hours to be able to pay my bills.

Would be great for a person that isn't reliant on the job for money too much
An ok place too work
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Larsen, WIJuly 30, 2018
It's an ok place to work when it gets too fast people get crabby people don't understand that it can get tough working here it's going to be busy most of the day because we are on a highway location
Pros
Good people good benifits
Cons
Too fast paced for some
Work here!
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 26, 2018
I love this place and all the people I worked with. I highly recommend this to people who are in college and or after high school where there are career advancement opportunities!
Pros
Gift cards and knowing when the sales are
Cons
Short breaks
A good place to work
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, WIJuly 25, 2018
Overall it is agood place to work. They didnt always seem to keep with their promises of advancement though. I really liked almsot all of the people that i worked with. Some of leadership can be a little stuck up for a place that preaches humility.
Great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Somers, WIJuly 21, 2018
The guest and workers are what makes the store. Great pay to start out. Uniforms are not bad. Fast pace. Especially around business or highways. People love the food.
Cons
Short breaks
My Kwik Trip Experience
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIJuly 20, 2018
Overall I didn't hate working at Kwik Trip. The training store that I temporarily worked at is the reason why I fell in love with my job. Everybody was so relaxed, friendly, and really there to help you with anything you needed, the hours were flexible, and because I liked working there so much time just flew by. It wasn't until I had to go to my actual store is where I started to dislike working at kwik trip. You were schedule wasn't based off what was best for you, but what was best for them. For example there were 3 occasions where I was scheduled from 2pm until 10pm and then the very next day I was scheduled 5am to 1am. My direct manager was condescending, rude, and had an ego we almost didn't have enough ceiling to contain it all. If it weren't for the rest of my coworkers being so great I would have left a lot sooner.
Pros
Good coworkers, advancement options, decent pay
Cons
Managers, the intense expectations, and scheduling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight