KWS Group

Working at KWS Group: 7 Reviews

United States7 reviews

3.4Pay & Benefits

Great environment, bad management

I interned here as a sophomore in college and was left completely on my own with no idea what I was doing. Most of the people here were great, but I think I just had a bad manager which made my experience here not great.

Pros

Laid back environment, new lab

Cons

Management was hard to work with

I feel valued and welcome here

I work through IES as a temp for KWS and I love it. I’m part of the breeding technician group and feel very at home there. All of my coworkers are awesome and some of us are friends outside of work too. I get along well with all of my superiors and they are very understanding and flexible with my schedule when I need to take off work to go to appointments or when I’m sick. I generally find the work pretty satisfying too. I love working with the dirt and the plants in the greenhouse.

Pros

There are two paid breaks during the day, occasionally the big boss gets us pizza, very nice atmosphere

Cons

no insurance benefits, pay could be better

KWS Group insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Lovely place to work

The job wasn't great but the team more than made up for that! We harvested wheat heads and let threshed them, which was not always fun, but it was good experience during college.

Pros

Great team, good pay

Cons

Hot outdoor work

KWS is a great place to start a career in biotech

Use KWS to start your career in biotech, then after a year, look to move to another company. Research Associates are treated terribly, regardless of experience and productivity. Scientists are overworked.

Pros

Very good benefit and vacation package

Cons

Management doesn't treat employees consistently. Some rules strictly applied, but only to certain employees.

Tight-knit shop with excellent cross training experience.

KWS provided an excellent opportunity to learn a plethora of skills and gain valuable experience in all areas. No one did the same old routine day in and day out, instead every day was a new task to complete. I came out of that shop with an extensive foundation to build on.

KWS Services North America good place to work

The leadership is good with clear direction. Business Units are open to new ideas, as is the staff and managers. People are enthusiastic about their work.

Decent

hard manual labor in the hot sun. required to work over 50 hours a week due to labor intensive agricultural seasons. decent management and wanted to make them proud by working hard but sometimes the work was tough.

Common questions about KWS Group

Answered by current and former employees at KWS Group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KWS Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits