L'Oreal Luxe logo

Work-Life Balance

L'Oreal Luxe insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Very productive and fun

I enjoyed working there. The job was very productive and the manager was ready to help anytime I needed some help . It was very fun learning about new brand from L'Oreal

Pros

Free access code

Unorganized

Company is very unorganized. Thrown to the wolves on start out. Sink or swim. Asking questions is met with rude responses half the time. Then is discouraged. No additional training is offered. Scoring is public to every other employee. Would not recommend. When IT issues arise it's a "wait til they call you" type of situation. In the mean time you dont get paid for waiting for THEIR IT support to contact you.

Great company to have on your resume

I enjoyed workinf for L'Oreal and had great benefits. However, work/life balance was more often than not had to achieve. Training was not the best either, and pay increases are low so that's what drove me to look for a job somewhere else.

Pros

Low rate gym memebership, great benefits, lot's of opportunity to move between brands and divisions

Cons

No work/life balance, some upper managers are really stuck up

of what i've read i sounds like a good fit for me

my job is to help customers find what they are looking for as far as any room in there home and accessories. you need to ask a lot of questions to find out exactly what is it they are looking for. space and measurements are important. find out when they need the product, it can take some time if they are in a hurry. there are some very nice people that appreciate your time and effort and show in there enthusiasm which can make your day.

Great

Interns are paid an ok amount, but you will make a lot more through overtime. Big corporate companies come with their disadvantages - one being everything moves extremely slowly in terms of getting approvals even though the work is extremely fast paced. Downside to this internship is that it is 1 year long with no benefits, but if you do really well, the company will do its best to keep you within.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Productive and safe place to woek

Typical day begins with 10 min meeting for placement of work for each employee. then we stretch our body for the tasks committed throughout the work day. We have 3 breaks throughout the day. Work usually very productive and time flies by.

Work life balance

There is none . Tons of weekends holidays you miss with your family working on Sundays you can’t go to church retail sucks where’s the 9-5 positions Monday through Friday for their full time people with weekends optional give the night hours to the partime people and the weekends to people who want to make extra money , it’s a different time we live in different times what’s the perk of being full time really the benefits ? So many people shop on line today you lose a ton of sales and your giving up your life , department stores are becoming a thing of the past unless they sit up and take note retail giants ! You no longer control the world make your full time people 9-5 normal life not 5:45 or 6:45 but 5:00 o’clock give your people the chance to stay extra if they want . It’s got to change people can’t miss the important things in life some have and need a lot of time off while others don’t . Wake up and have a happier sales force ! Go back to the blue law close on Sundays people will shop on line they don’t need the stores open they will get it if they want it ! Holidays should always have the people that want to work not made to work for it shows on the sales associate. Retail yuck !

Pros

Discounts benefits

Cons

Weekends and holidays

Busy work enviroment

The day consisted of me coming into work going over my daily sales goal and the product focus. Normally we were assigned an area where we would stand to approach clients and invite them to sit in our chair

Good part time job but not steady.

Typical day at work was talk to clients about different fragrance's and educate them on different under notes as well as the cast. Try to push product for clients to buy.

Pros

Really good gratis.

Cons

Not enough hours

I work at Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue Beachwood Place

I enjoy interacting with clients and teaching them about our products.I enjoy planning and executing events as well as training other stores/associates on product knowledge. I have a strong organizational background and work completely unsupervised.

Pros

product gratis

Cons

seasonal

Jobs at L'Oreal Luxe

See more jobs

Lancome

I loved the Lancome brand and the training was stellar but I did not like working at Macy's. The Macy's experience ruined my time with Lancome honestly. Goals, goals, presale, credit cards, presale, goals. They except people to buy ALL THE TIME and even for a beauty junky that's too much. The sales culture made it difficult to really spend time with customers cause you were thinking about your next sale. And the advisors are cutthroat. I was good at making my goals but it's just stressful, long hours, and not a good work life balance. My Lancome AE and coordinators were great, very caring and approachable. Overall Lancome is a great company. I freelance now and I love it!

Pros

Gratis, training

Cons

Pay, hours

Lancome is nice, but...

Working for lancome itself is great. Fun company thats growing fast. But if your working inside baxter herbergers your more working for herbergers. You get a bunch of 4 hour shifts 6 pm-10 or 5pm-9 hours like that you wont "make goal" they care more about money and you getting people to open up there credit card then anything.if you were to just work for lancome itself this job would be amazing! Sadly herbergers is really ruining it for them.

Pros

You get to try new products, your bosses from lancome are amazing

Cons

Working at the baxter herbergers is awful, bad hour, they make you stay past your shift to help with store clean up, nuthing to do with cosmetics

Great benefits and pay

Great pay and benefits. Always changing environment. If you can handle that, you will enjoy it here. It was fun to work here as they hire like minded people, but I worked here doing a time of change and lay offs, so it isn't that secure. I still would recommend the company as they were very good to me with my severance, and it is a huge company and many divisions to choose from.

Pros

discounts on loreal branded products

Cons

unorganized, bad communication

Environnement dynamique et agréable

Expériences très enrichissantes, j'ai acquis de nombreuses compétences et une vrai dynamique de travail.

Pros

gestion du stresse et priorisation des taches

Worked for Lancome Counter Manager at Belk , I'm a licensed Esthetician , been in cosmetics since the 80" very disappointed

The company's do not care about there employees , just sells , opening credit cards not enough training , not that concerned about educating BA, just sells opening credit cards not enough staff , would not recommend this company

Pros

Some gratis

Cons

Not enough training

You get to try out new products

Lancomè has some nice products, I didn't feel comfortable selling everything, because I did not believe in all of the products. The atmosphere is okay, it's not always about empowering women it's about making your sales goal and recommending more products to make your sales goal. I met some incredible customers who were duped into believing Lancomè products were number one, when most people just purchase items when the they had gift going on. If you work for Lancomè be prepared to sell even when your being natural with a customer, be prepared for long hours, giving up every weekend, wearing all black, being around all women who mostly gossip. I will say I love my Hynose Drama mascara that is a product I can't live without!!!!

Pros

Doing your makeup at work

Cons

short breaks, long hours, so so training

Fun to meet people.

Upper levels unorganized,, poor training, stressful. Poor support from management. Must work holidays. A lot of phone calling back to back, hunting down women in store to try product, which most women dislike.

Pros

Free product

Challenging Competitive environments

Career opportunities create and execute a strategic sales plan which aligns with the company’s Marketing and Financial strategies. To add value to the organization’s growth and profitability for the shareholders. My goal is to work in a business where passion, collaboration and integrity are at the heart of the core values of the organization. Mentoring and Coaching the Human Resource Element of each business is paramount for its success. This has always been my #1 focus, succession planning and development of employees to increase their occupational wellness and maximize the company's growth.

Pros

Work/life Balance

Cons

Poor Communication, work ethic & Leadership