L'Oreal USA Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXApril 15, 2019
Loreal is a good place to work for The management are wonderful people to work with. The assignments that you are given to can sometime can be demanding but its all worth it.
Pros
Great management
good place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJApril 15, 2019
Good working environment.The work place is very friendly.The hours are flexible.They have three shifts that we can work through.The pay is good and work is not very hard.
Fun Work Environment - Low Salaries
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2019
The company encourages cross functional collaboration and the stresses the importance of working in teams. Because this company falls under the underpaying consumer goods sector, its very hard to get a high salary. This environment consists of students from middle to low tiered schools who lack natural curiosity and strong motivation to take ownership. Due to these employee traits the company has realized its the cheapest source of labor which alludes to the low salaries throughout ones career at L'Oreal. If you are looking for a stimulating environment, upward mobility and high salaries I suggest looking at other companies who focus their recruiting efforts at the top schools.
Just like slavery,no fun place to work at all.
Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALMarch 18, 2019
Low pay with no trainers, it's a dead in job,people there they don't know how to train properly, get mad at you if you don't do the job right, but that's because of improper training, toxic environment.
Pros
Slave drivers
Cons
Low pay
Would not recommend
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 17, 2019
Loreal talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Loreal doesn't follow their own promotion policy even though they do a lot of PR on that same subject. HR doesn't respect the employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
very productive and a great place to work
Machine Operator/ Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2019
I have worked at L'Oreal for 23 years. It's been a wonderful place of employment. I'm just ready for a change in my life. Great benefits. Have seen a lot of changes in this company through the years.
Pros
Free finish goods every two months
Cons
short breaks
The Work/life balance is garbage, benefits are awesome
MMS 2 (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 13, 2019
They cuckold your days off with their policies by forcing you to work overtime or spend vacation days on days you don't need off just to get the weekends you do. Then, when their policy limits how much you can work in a week, they get a waiver to work you as much as they want. I really enjoy my coworkers and some management. Work is often poorly organized and communication is atrocious. The benefits are also really really good. Basically, if you have a high tolerance for bull mess, you'll do fine here.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly coworkers
Cons
Work/life balance sucks, poorly organized work assignments, bad communication
L'Oreal USA is a good company to work for. L'Oreal has great benefits and they take care of their employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2019
A typical day for myself at L'Oreal is meeting up with my manager to receive the objectives for the day. I then go over the objectives with the employees in my department. I supervise my department by reviewing safety, quality, productivity, and performing onsite coachings in order to motivate my team. I have learned how to use Microsoft Excel and SAP. I have also trained in successful self-management, emotional intelligence, and how to "know your audience." Management at L'Oreal USA in the North Little Rock Distribution Center is average. The workplace culture in L'Oreal USA has room for improvement. The hardest part of the job is trying to implement new changes with little or sometimes no thorough training. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
lack of work/life balance
Slightly better then aberage
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 4, 2019
The supervisors act scared Criticism is not welcome constantly nagging operators to start the line when the paperwork is being done; operators told operate while mechanics can’t fix the line
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Constant nagging and intimidation
Great Company, fast paced.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHMarch 4, 2019
L'Oreal USA is a very fast paced paced company. Great for the just out of college to learn about business. They are great teachers and lots of people spent their whole career there or move on, Great benefits,.
Pros
Benefits, Learning
Cons
Depending on location, hours work
productive
Cashier, Stocker and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2019
I was a cashier supervisor. we sold lots of skin care and make up to people of all colors. I enjoyed playing with make up. The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
lunces
Cons
health care
Good place to work, Paced and relaxing, Nothing but Love!!
Former Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXFebruary 25, 2019
I was thankful for the opportunity to work with such bright and talented people. (Regional Retail Sales & Education Executive)
The management is always trying to improve employee’s knowledge. You are able to express your ideas and many have been used. The industry is always coming out with new products.
Loved giving consultations meeting new people getting a lot of gratis for appreciation . Great peaceful environment provided all the tools to get the job done.
Pros
Great benefits, great culture, good education for skin care.
Cons
N/a
Management bad
MATERIAL MOVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 14, 2019
Management was horrible. Never could give a straight answer or follow up when they say they will get back to you. Management really has no clue what is actually going on out on the floor.
Pros
good benefits, time off
Cons
Poor management
Low pay for work done
End of line (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasDecember 20, 2018
Check this out, managers watch your every move and snitch if you stop and break. Feet be hurting, no phones, management complain about how your not working, but every new day they start the day off with how much greater we done than the last day. Hypocritical. They don't want you talking and passing time basically having enjoying your time while you work till your time is up. If they could they want you quiet and saying nothing for a full 10 hours and be bored. OVER SAFETY for the work done, have to wear goggles and steel toe for boxes that weigh no more than 4-5 pounds (hair spray packages). They are strict if you dont have them (fired). $10/hr w/ a check every Thursday round 320-350 after taxes and working Tuesday-friday
Pros
Quick cash, open campus
Cons
Hard labor, little breaks
Coworkers are awesome. Strive in safety first
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYDecember 12, 2018
Couldnt ask for a better company to work for. Benefits are awesome!! Pay could use some work. Atmosphere is awesome. If a person has any questions that cant be answered immediately then management will find the answer. Accomodate needs as much as they can. Love working for this company. Benefits range from medical, dental, vision, 401K with up to 6% company match, vacation, PTO, free goods, and vacation buy up to 2 extra weeks a year. The benefits start the day you do. Couldnt find a better place where you can actually enjoy working with others so well.
Pros
Benefits, vacation buy, free goods
Cons
Harldy any overtime offered anymore
Good experience
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2018
good salary and managers, not much job security if they put you in a consultant role. good work like balance and work from home options depending on y our manager. however, that is not the typical experience
Great Except for Management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJNovember 19, 2018
Work consisted of processing, keying, and reviewing customer orders placed through SAP. It also dealt mainly with resolving issues on orders, account specific problems, tracking of shipments and working with the customer and sales team for new product launched, etc. Learned about distribution center operations vs. sales team forecasts and about customer services role in getting orders out the door to customers in time for events. Management was good for the most part aside from my own manager. She had no background in the type of work she was managing, and made the job more stressful than it had to be. HR was not very supportive and upon being critiqued by managers, HR simply reiterated manager's critiques and did not support in any way or try to see if there was a better, more constructive way to resolve issues. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people working alongside me and their willingness to teach and mentor.
Was able to learn alot about beauty and skincare.
Product Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
Working in product development was an amazing opportunity where I learned about formulas, shade ranges, ingredients and beauty campaigns. My time there showed me how age, demographics and ethnicity infuenced promotions, trends and sales. Sparked my interest so much, I started a beauty blog.
Pros
Loved and embraced the culture of beauty.
Loreal lies
Processor (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 25, 2018
They give out small raises and you only get 1 raise a year. If you are a female your raise will be half what everybody else gets. Even when you are doing the same work. They mistreat their workers by allowing managment to call them names and belittle them on a daily basis. It is a horrible place to work for women. Sad part is they try to put on a show that they empower women and it is all a lie. Just like the show they put in for guests or tours or audits. If you complain about the way you are treated they will fire you. New plant manager has made it even worse.
Pros
Free product
Cons
Low pay, toxic environment
Fun place to work
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
It was an amazing experience working for L'oreal, amazing people amazing company and I enjoyed everyday I worked with them. It was an amazing learning experience for me and I feel I have grown professionally from working with them. Thank You.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Very competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oreal USA. Our community is ready to answer.